Chapter 01 - The Company of the New Dawn and the Tomb of Akhentepi

Started by pringerbeam, May 14, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

After watching the team work together to open the second door Lydia examined the stone and nearby wall to see if there was a mechanism in place to keep it open. "We may want to try to find a way to keep this door open. If we need to make a quick escape it would not be good to run back into a closed door."

[info] Perception to try to find either a mechanism that will keep the door open or some loose rubble/stone near by that would be large enough to do the job.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Perception check
     There does not appear to be any mechanism you can find that might keep the stone in place and both the antechamber and the inner room appear to be devoid of anything beyond ancient dust and the single piton hammered into the edge of the square shaft.[/info]

InhumanRonin

Omar digs around in his backpack to see if he has anything to keep the door open."I wish I had something to leave this door propped open but sadly that is not the case. Any one got any ideas or should we just chance it and close it behind us?" Omar double checks his pack again but the results are the same.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

jammermoore

"The only idea I have is let me scout ahead but I rather not get stuck in that room if you guys lose your grip on the stone." Noland peers into the next room.
[info]Perception check with stonecunning and trap finding (I also have dark vision)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 4 + 8, total 12[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Perception check
The room is bare, there are no murals or carvings on the walls.  The only feature to the room is the square shaft in the middle of the room with a lone piton driven into the stone close to the near edge.  You are unable to see anything else from your current vantage point.[/info]

jammermoore

After stepping into that next room then Noland steps back out."After looking into the next room we need to keep this stone open for "safety" so give me a sec to possibly figure something out."
[info]Knowledge duneoneering roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Knowledge (Dungeoneering)
You could go outside and find a decently sized rock to wedge into the portcullis track. [/info]

jammermoore

After thinking about the problem."Hey Omar please go outside and grab a large rock so we can wedge it into the track to keep the stone open."

InhumanRonin

"I suppose that will could work. Let me see if I can find something large enough to wedge in there. Omar puts his pack back on and walks to the entrance of the tomb and scans the area to see if he can spot something in the area that could be large enough to hold the door while they go deeper in the tomb.

[info]Unsure if needed so just in case... Looking for Stone [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]      Carrying stone if found [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote][/info]
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

pringerbeam

You are able to find a decently sized rock outside and have no trouble wedging it into the track for the portcullis.  The door is now securely open.

SleepingSkeleton

Alays rolls her shoulders as she steps away from the now wedged open door.  "Well, now that that
s solved, let's see what we have here."
  She walks over to the hole and leans over.  "Guess the only way onwards is down there.  Can someone pass me a torch so we can see when we get see when we get down there?  I'd rather drop that than a sun rod, on the off chance there's anything foul waiting at the bottom for us."  Having grabbed her backpack, she begins to tie the rope from it onto the pitton as she waits for a torch.

jammermoore

"Sure Alaya I've got a couple of sunrods"Noland pulls one of his sunrods out of his backpack. and activates it, he proceeds to drop it down it the darkness in front of him. "Hope this give you guys enough light to see."  

pringerbeam

The sunrod tumbles down the perfectly straight shaft eventually landing approximately 70 feet down.  You think you might be able to see something down at the bottom of the shaft next to where the sunrod has landed but you're not sure.

[info]Perception Checks for those looking down the shaft[/info]

jammermoore

As the sunrod hits bottom. Noland observes the bottom of the shaft.

[info]perception check with stone cunning and trapfinding
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14[/blockquote]
[/info]

SleepingSkeleton

"Well, that will do I suppose, not sure if my rope by itself is long enough."  Alaya leans over as well, looking down to the bottom of the shaft as the sun rod drops. 
[info]Perception[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 15 + 1, total 16[/blockquote][/info]