Getting Started

Started by Throndir, January 08, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Welcome to the roleplay. Some quick information.

Started: Late December 2014
Primary GM: Throndir
Setting: Regular Pok?mon World

Placement
First thing to check up on is to see if any of the current GMs has room for their games for you or has a story in mind that they'd be willing to start. Go ahead and message me here, or through my Skype, no quotes: "throndir".

GM List:
If a particular thread is marked as open, it's free to just jump right in. But it's always good to notify whoever is GMing the game that you plan to, and may be better in some cases so that they can plan a way for you to jump mid-game.

Likewise, go ahead and request a new game to be run from any of the GMs.

Character(s)
Once that is done, take a look at our overall setting for the roleplay, then take a look at the sub-forums. The sub-forums are each of the individual settings that we have for the over-all setting. Characters are free to participate in all of them of course, if you think the character can somehow fit in them all. The General Roleplays section are for random groups of trainers without necessarily a background hook to join them together.

Go ahead and post up a thread in the Trainers sub-forum with the name of your character, and the details and sheet. You can take a look at the character sheet I posted up for guidelines.

I have my own system I use for char sheets (to link exp and other spreadsheet magic), so I will end up recreating whatever sheet you provide. I will be giving you access to modify it though if needed.

Refresh Threads
In PTU, there are a couple of daily activities that have tangible rewards. Eg, Pick-Up and Daily Training to name a few. To that end you may indeed still do those in separate RP threads, but if you prefer to make use of it as often as possible, then take a look at the following threads which I refresh on a weekly or biweekly basis. I use these refresh threads to attempt to balance out the over-all level and strength of the players. Think of each of the threads below as separate roleplays that need not necessarily relate with any of the games you are playing in.

Note, these are all optional, and I'll simply do my best to keep the players within a similar range of strength and levels. At one point once the average party strength is a certain degree, new characters will simply be bumped up to match the current party strength. This is so that we can continue to progress the main story, and have players be able to join at anytime during this Pok?mon Apocalypse (to be).

• Trainer Battles - An NPC challenges the player. Player chosen will fight it out with the NPC.
  • Daily Attempts - Used for training Pok?mon, breeding, and other daily attempts.
  • Wishlist - Used for a chance to catch Pok?mon on characters' wishlist.
Any questions or anything at all don't hesitate to ask. If you want to GM a game in this setting, that would be totally wonderful as well. There's some small incentives for GMing, so feel free to get in touch with me.