[Arc 1: Class 2-C] A New Day Dawns

Started by Mysticsage, December 05, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Ardelia looked at the room as Brian opened the door. It was not something she expected to see inside of a nurses office. After looking at it in wonder for a few moments, she heard the footsteps and chatter that everyone else seemed to hear as well. "So... Getting caught is bad right?" Ardelia let out a nervous chuckle before motioning to the room before her. "Does it look like we'd all be able to fit in here?"

She didn't know if her idea would work, but it was definitely better to try something instead of getting caught. She looked at the others, her head tilted slightly, curious if they had any ideas for how the group could get out of this situation.

Throndir

His shirt was getting itchy. As his classmates around him continued to talk and plan, Brian couldn't help but start feeling very antsy with his shirt. He resisted the urge as he heard the sound of footsteps coming. It was likely the nurse.

Brian had only participated with the cooking club, and though he's gotten to know more of his classmates since - a surprising fact to himself as well. Never did he think that he'd ever come to a situation where he would be working alongside fellow students on something more than just schoolwork.

"Well Roman did mention he wanted a distraction." He pointed to the bed as he started to climb on top of it.

"Might as well be one. If the nurse gets in, I'll keep her distracted."

Mumble Dragon

Sam now found himself morally trapped with the other schoolkids, all crammed inside the small nurse office. As soon as one of the kids volunteered themselves as a distraction, he knew he couldn't just abandon the group as they readied themselves for deep spec-ops style action. Giving up any hopes of getting home early, he sauntered over with the rest of the guys began to peer through the newly unlocked door. He began to weigh his options of how he could help the group without looking like the lazy bum he actually was.

Option 1: He could jump on the computer and use his finely tuned keyboard skills to help find the information they need faster.
Option 2: He could check the window and see if they could use it as a liable way of escape.
Option 3: Valiantly sacrifice himself with shirtless wonder and lay on one of the other beds, hoping that two kids would occupy more of the nurse's time than just one.

He quickly scratched out option 3. Being questioned by a school nurse was one of the last things he wanted. He would probably be forced to answer all sorts of stupid questions and make up some random story as to why he was in the office. Option 1 didn't seem very viable to him either. Looking through all the files sounded tedious and work extensive, not to mention the pressure he would feel from the others regarding their inevitable doom by the hands of the nurse. Slipping through into the room, he began to inspect whether or not the window would work as a decent escape option.

Oath

Ardelia looked at Brian as he seemed to be ready to sacrifice for the greater good. She didn't really have any notable computer skills, but squeezing into the computer room was the best idea she could think of. "Well, I'll be in here"

[spoiler]
If nobody else gets on the computer, Ardelia will try to snoop around and figure something out. Otherwise she will just be hiding in the room.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Glancing at his fellow students, he wondered how in the world did he manage to find himself in such a situation. Yet at the same time, it felt as if this was natural. He couldn't quite explain it, and Brian was never the one to think too deeply in those type of things. He shrugged as he trained his eyes on the door to the office.

"Don't have a lot of time guys." Brian whispered, trying to keep his voice with a sense of urgency, but not too loud to alert the oncoming nurse.

Brian was getting antsy. Was it the temperature of the room? Did the office not have air conditioning? Or perhaps it was the fact they were sneaking around? Something he ate? And why in the world does my damn shirt feel so itchy.

Linwelin

"Now's as good a time as any." Roman says, barely hiding his excitement to finally answer the question he'd had for days. Are people changing suddenly and unnaturally? Seeing that time was short and the distraction was set, he rushed into the computer room with Ardelia. Though not a computer wizard by any means, he had ample skill with data archiving and management as a scientist. He could most likely manage something useful here.

He walked up beside Ardelia, who was just about to begin searching. "Mind if I take a look with you?"

Quote[blockquote]Computer Use Skill(?):  2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

General
As the group continues to riffle through the nurse's office to see what they can find. The door opens and in walks a slender woman in his later twenties walks in. Ms, Eliza Hawthorne had been the school nurse for the last two or three years. She was eating something in a small bowl with chop sticks when she saw Brian. "Oh I'm sorry have you been waiting long? I was out getting something to eat for a moment. I was sure I left the door locked..." She took a moment to shake the thought out of her head and tend to the matter at hand. Sitting down in her office chair she put her food on the table and smiled bright so what seems the problem to be?

Ardelia

As Roman jumps on the computer you begin to look around for a place to hide and find a corner of the office that an anatomy doll is stored away with your small size it would not be overly difficult to remain hidden

[info]Roll two dice 4 or better to hide the more success the better[/info]

Brian
[info] Feel free to tell whatever lie you like. If you leave your shirt on you have one die but make the scene less complicated if you take it off you get three die you have to roll at least one five to succeed[/info]
Roman

By luck or sheer oversight on the nurses part her computer opens up without asking you for any kind of log in information. You take a moment to search through the things on file and find at first glance nothing out of the ordinary. You find a log of students and medicine or treatments given for headaches or cuts. It seems that more people then usual have been stopping by complaining of stress. You do find however that the sports documents for the start of the new season provides something useful.

There appears to be a surprisingly large influx of people applying for all kinds of sports and from the names you recognize many who would have not done so in the past. The nurse has cataloged different things for the coaches files that may hold the answer. Copying that info will take no time at all since you managed to get into the system so easily. However as you continue to search through the files one catches your eye in particular.

"New School Medical trials" stands out as a locked folder. It won't be hard to hack but it will take a moment to do so time you may not have.

Sam
Looking out the window you see that it is in fact not locked and is but a short jump to a nearby tree that locked at first glance stable enough to climb. If you miss the jump however its a good one story drop straight down.

Oath

Ardelia scanned the office, hoping to find a place to slide her small frame into, one such place existed, next to an anatomy doll. How perfect, the girl thought, as she slid past Roman clacking away at the computer and tried to slide in with the anatomy doll. It might be cozy, but it could keep her hidden.

[spoiler]Ardelia is trying to hide in that aforementioned corner.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

QuoteRolling against my curious tendencies.
[blockquote]Defy curiousity!  2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[info]You can ignore it if you like[/info]

Linwelin

It took a bit of internal convincing, but Roman decided the discovery was not worth the chance of getting caught. Instead, he made sure to gather the information records of suspicious individuals; students and such that had undergone what he remembered to be strange changes. Roman decided a sample size of 5 would suffice, so he took out his personal flash drive, plugged it into the computer and began copying the chosen records. He then took time to cover his tracks, making it look exactly like he had found it, and slipping his flash drive back into his pocket.

Now...how to get away from this computer without seeming suspicious.

He'd only realized after pulling his flash drive that the nurse was back and had just asked what was the matter. Ardelia and I are both back here...I will not abandon a friend...what will work and NOT land us a detention...AH!

Roman steps out from behind the corner, "Ah! Ardelia, it's Nurse Hawthorne! Thank goodness." Roman addressed Ardelia and motioned for her to come out with a wink. "Ardelia and I were trying to find something for our friend's stomach. It was a little upset, and we wanted to have something on hand in case it got worse. You weren't in, so we got to searching. Sorry to intrude!" Roman was as beaming and friendly as was normally. And really hoped the lie panned out. "I don't think he needs anything yet- well, you're the expert on that- but what do you have for food-related stomach aches?"

The lie was as realistic a lie as he could craft, but his nerves were still on edge.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Oath

When Roman started to talk, Ardelia glared daggers at him. He was lying, and it didn't even sound that convincing. She began to wish that she had just sat outside and waited for Nurse Hawthorne to return. When Roman winked towards her, she wanted to cringe.

Ardelia rose to her feet, and slid out from her little hiding spot. She sort of staggered out into the main part of the nurse's office. "Hello, Nurse Hathorne." Ardelia smiled at her, as best as she could given the circumstance. "I'm not feeling so great today, so I came to see you, hoping that I could take a nap. But you weren't here, and these guys asked me for help so I agreed. Sorry for intruding while you were gone. If you don't mind though, I'd like to lay down." She made her way to the bed, flashing another smile to Nurse Hawthorne before sitting on a bed.

Throndir

When Ardelia finished, Brian, already on one of the beds stretched. He shirt was damn itchy, it felt as if the shirt was hindering him, and he had this innate desire to get rid of the damn thing. Every inch of him screamed to take it off. But his rational mind kept telling him not to. This internal struggle continued for what seemed like an eternity, until finally, Brian gave in.

He couldn't take it anymore.

With one fluid motion he stripped his shirt off.

"Nurse!" Brian said as he heaved and breathed heavily and his eyes staring deeply into the nurse's own. He couldn't help that his voice sounded husky, keeping his shirt on did take a lot out of him.

"I was waiting for you." He said at the nurse, lying down on the bed half-naked.

[blockquote]Distraction 3d6 : 6, 1, 6, total 13[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Nurse Hawthorne does not seem even to be shocked by this sudden display of bare skin in her work space being not only the school nurse but the head of the school injury program due to budget cuts she did not hesitate to look over the other two. "My apologizes but no one is meant to be in the back office except for me." She swiftly glances back from where the other three were and holds out her hand, "And I would appreciate the key back if you wouldn't mind." She was smiling kindly seeing that they had obviously been rummaging around in her things even if she had seemed to catch them before they got their hands on anything dangerous. She clearly remembered having left that door locked in the first place and their failed attempts at covering only made it more apparent.

But looking over Ardelia seeing the bags under her eyes she took a moment to chuckle to herself. All these kids seemed exhausted the last couple of days and it was her job as a teacher to help them where she could. "Lets make a deal you all leave here and promise not to go sneaking around  poorly into other peoples things. As well as give me some help after school putting up for school wide physical evaluation flyers and we can put this whole thing behind us. Deal?"

The idea of 'free' labor seemed to make her smile a little brighter then it should have. But there were only so many people in the health and wellness club and they needed to cover a fair bit of ground.