[Prolouge] An Unadvised Trip

Started by Mysticsage, November 27, 2013, 06:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

The shy girl was ignoring Lilly, she moved like she was possessed by something beyond her control. Lilly could understand the feeling. There was something uncanny about that tome, she misliked the feeling it gave her a great deal. It almost felt like something whispering in the darkest recesses of her skull, urging her forward unlike any curiosity she had ever known before. She bit her lip and put a hand on Ardelia's back.

"H-hey... maybe we shouldn't..."

She let her words trail off. It seemed there was no fighting this.

Oath

Ardelia felt a hand on her shoulder and it briefly brought her back to the real world. She turned and noticed that the owner of the hand was Lilly who she didn't really know. Her most recent words echoed in Ardelia's mind. "H-hey... maybe we shouldn't..." Looking Lilly in the eye, she smiled briefly.

"Sorry, this is a once in a life time chance. I-I've got to take it."

The girl sounded unsure of herself, perhaps afraid but also determined to go on despite those fears. Ardelia turned back to the book and examined the extra papers more carefully while also running her hand across one of the pages of the book proper. It's held up well over the years... but that just makes this more confusing. Why would they leave it exposed to the open air if it is in such good condition?

Throndir

"It's just a book ain't it?" Brian said as he found himself in the room behind the two girls. He had enough of the company in previous room, and though the Russian kid called out to him, Brian was unsure whether or not he should go forward in introducing himself. But their group's conversation had drifted, and when the strange chill in the room had passed, Brian saw no more reason to hang out in there. There were too many people, and the heat didn't make things any better. The room beyond probably would have been cooler, and as he saw the two girls take off in the distance, he decided to follow.

As the high-schooler walked, he couldn't help but think that something was odd. Hell, at least it was a new part of the museum; if one of the teachers or museum employees catch them, he'll just say the museum just had too many interesting things to see, and for the latter he'll claim he was simply lost. Plus he found it some-what interesting these two girls would not only split with the class, but take off into some unknown, restricted area of the museum. Though, as Brian thought about it more, he had to admit that something drew him there as well.

Neko

?Mexico was nice, but certainly not the nicest place I've been to.? Serena said. ?It's Serena, nice try though? She replied to Kevin with a playful wink, her attention suddenly being drawn toward the exhibit. A strange feeling washed over her as she peered into the darkened hall. What was that? The others around her had obviously felt something similar, since the conversation had come to an unsettling halt. The silence didn't last long though as one of the girls...Ardelia?...made her way passed the rope barrier, briskly heading toward, what Serena could only assume, was the source of the strange energy.

Student after student followed the girl inside, Serena watching them with a bit of hesitation. She wasn't exactly a rule breaker ? While she had been confident enough to stray away from the mind numbing tour, she wasn't thrilled about the idea of treading into an area they obviously weren't supposed to enter without supervision. However, the curiosity of what they might find was a little stronger than her fear of being punished. Besides, Serena had no doubt she'd be able to come up with a decent lie if the group was caught. She hopped over the rope just before Roman, finding herself near the end of the group.

As they rounded a corner, Serena's eyes fell upon an odd site. A book, with a candle sitting precariously on top. Unlike Ardelia, Serena kept her distance from the artifact. Surely this had been done by the staff...Or perhaps it was some kind of prank? She couldn't be sure. But, what she did know, was that touching something so old and precious was an awful idea. The book was likely fragile. ?Uh, guys, you probably shouldn't touch it. Maybe we should tell the staff?? She suggested, a hint of nervousness in her voice. She didn't like this at all. But, remembering they were currently breaking the rules themselves..."Or at least just put the candle out. That doesn't look very safe."

Linwelin

Roman still felt uneasy about the small glimpse he'd had as he followed to take a look at the mysterious sight. That could not have been...no, there is no way. Is there? He shook himself from his thoughts as he realized the set up of the book.

"Something is not right here. This hardly looks like any sort of restoring work. It looks more like one those weird occult worship things, yes?"

Then he watched as Ardelia began to turn pages in the book, examining it. "Whoa, whoa! Yes, it is mysterious situation, but perhaps we should not be tampering with it. It is old book, after all. Damage would be bad." As he got closer, however, he realized that it was in great condition. "Boʐye moy!...How is it in such good condition!? And what is this...feeling? Be careful, Ardelia, this seems like more than just old book."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

The larger book was in almost perfect condition, as everyone looked it over. The colors all brilliant and distinct, everything embossed in gold leaf it was a wonder to behold. As you run your finger over the page it feels like it could fall apart if you were to try to turn the page. Looking the lettering over you can?t make heads or tails of it. But tracing the foreign letters you feel a tiny shock run through your hand and up your arm. Pulling back quickly you shake off the feeling as simply static and turn your attention to the other papers.

Ardelia looked over the two freestanding papers that had been left aside the candle on top of the religious tome. There was only one problem however; they were both almost completely blank. The first had a glossy feel and looked like a photograph. The second looked slightly bigger then a page from a novel. As she looked over the pieces she gasped what little she could make out was actually fading away!

Quickly she tried to make out as much detail of what was left before it was completely gone. Both pieces seemed from the center out so she tried to look at the borders of each to guess at what they were meant to depict. Unfortunately, the larger piece of paper was almost completely gone. What little she could make out were what looked like some kind of black border and shading. Some kind of art, or drawing perhaps? The second smaller piece Ardelia was now certain was a photograph was fading fast in her hands. Just before it went completely blank she thought she could make out a faint hint of blue tint at the top and if she squinted she could just make out what looked like an American flag. Then it was gone, both were now completely blank before she could even say a word.

Feeling thoroughly spooked by the entire situation, everyone jumps slightly as they here a bang from somewhere behind them. Ardelia drops both the candle and the papers to the ground where they promptly set fire with a deep purple back flame. The air shifts in the room at that moment and comes alive with that same strange energy. Before their vey eyes a giant circle of purple light etches it way across the floor in an intricate pattern. With the book at the center everyone in the room watches mesmerized by what is happening.  With the circle complete it shines brightly and then is completely gone along with everyone in the room. only leaving the book behind.

Linwelin

Roman's jaw had dropped, his eyes following the purple light around the room, taking in the whole spectacle. It's magic, real magic! But that didn't exist, did it? Then again, not even some weird magnetic trick could cause this. Well maybe it could, but it would take much. How would that be done?...

No, no, NO! Now is not time to think of that. There was someone here just before us, and they had this set up...the candle may have been like a timer, similar to how some experiments are done. Did they know we were coming and WANT us to trip it? Right as he asked himself this, the circle formed ad began growing brighter and brighter. "...Definitely occult."

Right as the light reached its brightest point, he remembered, That figure with the long hair! I DIDN'T see things!

And then, along with everyone else, he disappeared.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Ardelia looks around with excitement as stuff begins to happen. She notices that the others don't seem to be quite as excited as she is. The magic circle on the ground lights up and the room around her fades to black. Something has to be happening, though she is not sure what.
When color starts to return to her vision, she is not in the room any longer. Trying to get a grasp on her location or at least what type of stuff is nearby Ardelia wheels around trying to get a look at everything. She notices her peers standing nearby, and laughs nervously.

"O-Oopsies?"

She doubted that would make the situation any better for the others, but she found the current predicament quite interesting without taking into account how much potential danger she could be in. At the very least she hoped it would lighten the mood.

Asta

The world swam slowly back into view. The other students stood around, most looking as confused as she felt. Lilly removed her glasses from her face and massaged the bridge of her nose gently before returning them to their perch. What..?

Lilly looked around at her peers to see if anyone might betray a look of insight. No luck it seemed. Ardelia let out a small nervous laugh and stammered "O-oopsies?"

Yes. Oopsies indeed. Lilly crushed any potential resentment she might have felt and let out a low sigh. No point in dwelling on it. Can't change the past.

She brushed her bangs to the side and folded her arms across her chest. "Thoughts anyone?"

Mysticsage

As if on cue a small beam of light appeared creating a small cone of visible existence in the otherwise empty void

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/gy7Y0VF8zp8&autoplay=1

[/spoiler]

?Welcome to the Observatory~? A light female voice said materializing as if from the void itself. You all realize that you are now sitting around a large circular table with a flowing satin tablecloth and a brilliantly shining crystal ball at the center. An island in the nothingness you are unable to move from your seats. Nine chairs sat around the table in total you could see as each person slowly awoke. The female voice had come from a hooded woman who was sitting between each group of four.

?Pleased to meet you all you may call me Norn the denizen of this room and your guide.? The woman?s face was completely obscured by her hood and the shadows cast from the crystal that the light was hitting. Everything except for a slight smile and a strand of purple hair could be seen. The same shadows were also obscuring the person directly to her right completely in shadow, seemingly unconscious and female.

?It has been a long time since anyone has set foot in this place known as this space between spaces.? Even though the space of nothingness seemed massive it felt some how claustrophobic as all your attention is driven to the hooded women alone.

?you all are extremely lucky you?re here instead of on the other side, there is a major curse disrupting everything.?

Oath

Ardelia looks around the table, a bit confused but soon turns her focus to this odd woman who introduced herself as "Norn"

"Our guide for what, exactly? And a space between spaces? You mean we teleported between dimensions or something? And a curse? What do you mean a curse? Did I trigger it somehow? Is there going to be a way to go back home?"

Ardelia asked a lot more than she would under normal circumstances, but this was far from normal. She saw the faces of her new companions but she was unable to read their emotions.

She was genuinely curious about what was going on, and even more so about what was going to happen to her now that she was here. Not sure if returning home was going to be an option at this point, she just hoped that Norn would provide some sort of information, ideally information that would reassure her that the situation was not all bad.

Asta

Lilly darted her eyes quickly around the space and lost her mental composure for a minute. What the hell is this!?
She raised a softly trembling hand to adjust her glasses and took a deep breath to steady herself. Her mind was racing as she tried to rationalize what was going on. The setting defied logic, and that woman gave her the creeps those things were certain. There has to be a reasonable answer to this. Maybe a mass hallucination? Maybe that smell was some sort of preserving agent on the book that had hallucinogenic side effects? Yeah, that sounds good.

She kept her thoughts to herself though. Even if it was a fever dream, a heat stroke, or hallucination it only made sense to listen to what "Norn" had to say. Ardelia's mouth was moving a mile a minute as she rattled off a handful of questions, and Lilly wanted to see if there were to be any answers.

Neko

Serena's suggestions had been completely ignored. She couldn't really blame the girl for being curious..they all were. But, wouldn't not touching the thing be common sense? She sighed, but let Ardelia do as she pleased. This whole situation was already enough ? It was time to take her leave. ?You guys have fun, I think I'm gonna go...finish..the....tour..?? Her words trailed off as a mysterious circle began to form beneath her feet, and continued snaking its way around the room. Before she could speak another word, her entire world seemed to shift.

Serena's vision was a bit blurry at first as she slowly came to. Little by little, her classmates came into view. All of them were seated, some only just regaining consciousness like herself. Her attention was quickly drawn to the crystal ball sitting mysteriously in the middle of them all ? She squinted, a look of utter confusion apparent on her face. The confusion only seemed to grow as a voice broke the silence, Serena's eyes falling on what looked to be a hooded woman, muttering some kind of nonsense about ?between spaces? and ?curses?. A smile crossed the girl's lips. This was quite the prank! She listened as Adrelia seemed to fall for it, throwing out question after question. ?Right, well, this has been great but...? As Serena went to stand, she found herself stuck. Well, that was weird. She pushed against the chair with her hands, but found herself to be thoroughly glued to her seat.

Oath

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/kSVZMG6lTGQ&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
After speaking, but before receiving a response from Norn, Ardelia noticed that her companions had started to lose their composure. Primarily, she saw that Lilly and Serena seemed to be in a bit of a panic. Serena was struggling to move, which seemed odd. She clearly wanted to leave, but it seemed like that was not possible. Lilly seemed to be out of her element, before she had always seemed in control but now she appeared to be in disarray.

I wish I knew of a way to help calm these two down... but I only just met them really, i've seen them around but never talked to them. If I knew them a bit better, maybe I could do something. She looked a bit between the two before deciding to give up on that idea for now and thought more about the situation at hand. What could this space between spaces possibly be? This is what bothers me the most about the whole situation, it feels like it is completely different than anything i've ever experienced in my life so I feel quite inclined to believe what Norn has said so far, but if we are indeed in somewhere other than the earth we know and love was it just by chance? Did someone choose us? Norn did say we were lucky, but is that luck because of an accident? Or was our luck a work of fate? She also said we are in the observatory... it didn't really strike me as odd before, but what would you even observe from here? I wonder if there is a way to see what is going on back at home since clearly Norn knows something. It seems like this would be far too much effort to put into some sort of trick on a small group of curious or bored high school students...

Linwelin

Roman didn't want to believe all that was happening, but seeing as he couldn't move, and was just teleported, he didn't really have a choice in the matter. So all he did was listen. The hooded figure revealed little, and Ardelia asked all of the questions he would have, so all Roman could do was wait for answers. He knew nothing of occult matters, because frankly he hadn't believed anything was real about them. So hypothesizing now would lead nowhere.

That 'curse' part is bugging me though.

"What does this 'curse' do exactly? Considering you said we were lucky not to be in our world, it can't be good." He knew he had glossed a lot of things that needed clearing up, but he simply didn't want to think about them. He wasn't trying to learn, he just wanted to solve whatever problem had arisen and get back to either his home or the lab at school.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_