Ways to improve the site?

Started by lightspeed15, April 09, 2012, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

Holy Bologna that would be a great idea. But, why would people get an app when they can just go online to the forum?

lightspeed15

Emperor Wilbers

Has anyone thought of using google adsense?

lightspeed15

I think we thought of that a while ago but I'm honestly not sure. I think we are avoiding ads on the site or something like that. Lol

Emperor Wilbers

I think weve gone over this before, but, to help advertising, which we are frankly lacking in, i think that we should make an fwc youtube channel. We would make a video or two to help advertise. I would just use windows movie maker or something. Im going to try to get it up this week, but id know if im even going to go through with it. Really all i need is some music from someone to use for it. I was thinking of maybe upbeat action music, or maybe some rap music that flows. LS youd be good with that. You can just link it here or pm it to me and ill see how i like it. (Maybe something like that eminem song that has rihanna in it. For the life of me i cant remember the name of it. It goes(i need a doctor, i need a doctor, doctor, doctor, do dah da de daah de daaah, rapping.) Again i dont know if ill even go through with this. I probably will though considering itll take two secondds

lightspeed15

Are you talking about the song by Dr. Dre featuring Eminem and Skylar Grey?

Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor (Explicit) ft. Eminem, Skylar Grey

Skip to 2:45

Emperor Wilbers

YES! That's the one! I thought it was different. But, im just brainstorming.

Emperor Wilbers

I looked up some more songs and I found a song by composer Clint Mansell for the movie Requiem For a Dream. It sounded really good, except I don't know how to get it to put it on the video. oh well.

lightspeed15

Yeah, definitely don't use rap songs. That's not that great of marketing. Use a composition. Use a YouTube to mp3 convertrr

Emperor Wilbers

lightspeed15

I was thinking...to rank higher with google we should create a spam topic, and just dump a bunch of links in it and keywords. Sure, it's cheap, but would it work?

Emperor Wilbers

Yeah, sounds like a good idea! I'll create the topic, and then everyone will just throw a bunch of links in it.

Emperor Wilbers

I just looked up a thing on how to quickly raise your PageRank/PR, and It is very confusing, but, by making a massive amount of links and keywords it should raise it a little. The PR updates that google does is every 2-3 months, so, we have to build it up. If I type in FWC, what comes up is the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Center website. When I typed in fantasy world creation, our site was the 5th to come up.

lightspeed15

That's probably brcamuse FWC isn't used much. I was able to my kingdom of fraymar site to the top results overtime. It's number 1 now

mrlemke

The app idea isn't that bad. It would give us more visibility because people browse through it. So instead of searching for FWC or something related, they browse through, see the app, install, and be active (in best case scenario, heh). I actually know how to build mobile apps pretty easily (using web languages), and I can work on this in my free time (i.e. hour or two in the morning) if there is interest.