Advertising This Site

Started by lightspeed15, March 25, 2012, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed15

Ok, there is absolutely no way that I am the only one that has noticed that there's only three active members on this site. Right? Good, now kiss my feet.

We need to advertise! I find myself always on other forums, heartily chatting with over 100 other forum members. There's always something going on on those sites. We need to make that kind of interaction be on our site!

Do any of you have accounts on other forums that you regularly go to? Because I sure do! All you need to do, in order to advertise this site, is make a name for yourself on that site, become friendly with the locals. Then put some kind of logo in your signature, clearly visible. Here's one I made (grabbed the background from somewhere else):

[spoiler][/spoiler]   

If everyone put that into their signature on those various sites they visit, then the visitor count on this site will begin to accumulate! But WE cannot let this site die! We must survive!

~lightspeed15

Here's the code for that logo if you wish to use it! It leads back to the fantasyworldcreations home page:

[url=http://forum.fantasyworldcreations.com][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/t5kw3b.png[/img][/url]

This topic is to discuss any other advertising opportunities, please share!

Hasabushi

Okay first of all, ewwww to forest green lol, nice background though, let me see what I can do with that, You're right though many have tried. There are more active memebers they just aren't super active like everyday.

Throndir

XD Thanks LS15.

But yeah it would be awesome if we got more members. *Always been a wish.*

I used to try a lot to get more members, but I think my slowing down is attributed to my lack of drive to get more members. (Has been like that for a year or two now).

Emperor Wilbers

I know of two big forums I can advertise on. I'll try to get us some new members.

mrlemke

Probably the two biggest things we can do about advertising:

1. I think we need to bring in our friends interested in the niche of this website, creating fantasy worlds, roleplaying, etc., and get them excited about it (so we need projects whether they are community or not, active roleplays, and so on).

2. Create interesting content and then link to the content's thread on FWC. Give people a reason to come here, you know?

I highly doubt any kind of advertising to general public isn't going to fare well. However, if you are posting on another forum, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a banner or even a basic link in your signature. I plan on posting this link to facebook here shortly.

Emperor Wilbers

I'm about to advertise us on some forums. It has a very active rpg fan base so, hopefully i'll rack some of them in. The only community "project" is that of LSs, so, I'm advertising that too.

lightspeed15

So how is our advertising going? :)

Emperor Wilbers

Lol, I haven't done much in ... quite a while!

Emperor Wilbers

I am advertising on an Elder Scrolls fan site's forums [called UESP (Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages)]. UESP is very popular when it comes to the Elder Scrolls, so, I am hoping to attract some fantasy people.

Emperor Wilbers

Scratch that. Apparently "advertising" isn't allowed on there. Ugh. Oh well.

Throndir

It happens. XD Just depends on the rules of each forum I suppose. FWC doesn't really have any rules against that, other than if it's spam.