[D20] DOCTOR: DR. Reginald Huges (MD)

Started by Hasabushi, May 06, 2012, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

QuoteName: Dr. Reginald Huges (Reg)
Class: Dedicated Doctor      Level 1
Age: 32     Gender:Male   Height:5'10"  Weight: 170lbs  Eyes: Green   Hair: Blonde
Action Points: 5(+1)

Base Attack Bonus:+1
Fortitude save: +1
Reflex save +0
Will save +2
Defense Bonus +1
Reputation Bonus +1

Abilities:      Hit Points: 7
STR:  10
DEX:  12(+1)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:  16 (+3)
CHA: 10

Ability Focus:
Wis, Int

Wealth Bonus Increase: +4

CLASS SKILLS (20(+5 per level))
Craft (Pharmaceutical) (+1) + 2
Computer Use +1
Gamble
Investigate +2
Knowledge (Technology) +2
Knowledge (Life sciences) +5
Listen +2 (+2)
Profession
Read/Write Language
Sense Motive
Speak Language
Spot +2 (+2)
Survival
Treat Injury (+1) +4

FEATS
Simple Weapons Proficiency (auto)
Alertness (+2 Listen, +2 Spot)
Combat Martial Arts (+1 Attack Bonus)

TALENTS
Healing Knack (+2)

BONUS FEATS (L2)
Medical Expert (+2 craft (Pharmaceutical), +2 Treat Injury)

TRAITS/FLAWS
Eidetic Memory - Photographic Memory (Int+Alertness)
Nightmares (-1)

EQUIPMENT:
First Aid Kit (10)
Medical Kit
Surgery Kit
Phamacist Kit
Briefcase
Stethoscope
Gloves
Pocket Knife
Heathkit book (computer kit book pre 1970)
Wallet (credit cards, cash ($200), pictures)
Poket Calculator
Wrist Watch
Wedding Ring (former marriage)
Comb
Pen/ Small pocket tablet (paper)
Car Keys (Beetle)
Wireless Bag Phone (circa 1980)

Background:
Reginald is a Medical Doctor who finds technology fascinating. He has a photographic memory but tends to forget certain things especially traumatic events, due to the tormenting nightmares he suffers.

Quote(I'll add the rest once more background info is provided about the mansion)

Hasabushi

Background Story
Reggie closed his eyes, his thumb and index finger rubbed steadily across his closed eyelids, if Wendy had been here she would have told him stop, told him it was bad to put so much pressure on his eyes, but she wasn't here at least not in the way he wanted her...

"Wendy", he sighed as he opened his eyes and traced his fingers longingly across the stone in front of him. His eyes followed the etchings as he read, "Wendy Huges, September 17th, 1952 - Feburary 2nd 1977, A loss to all that loved her"

He wept.

The tears were thick and flowing, a testament to the love they once shared. As soon as they came they were gone drying on his face a salty taste on his lips. He wiped the remainder from his face with the sleeve of his shirt. Reg stood to his feet and brushed his knees of whatever foreign matter had managed to cling to his pants.

Before turning slowly to walk back down the path, he placed her favorite flower onto the stone, a ?Zingiber officinale', a ginger flower its red-pink hues reflecting the light from the sun. It draped the imagery of two angels carrying a woman in their arms, he though it appropriate.

A moment later he walked a retarded pace back his car, a 1972 Beetle, its blue finish radiating from the heat that he was now more than accustomed to.

He opened the door, its distinctive squeaking, something he never felt obliged to fix. Sitting inside the car he let the heat of the day wash over him for a moment. He paused, breathing deeply letting all the feelings subside just for a brief moment in time. He then reached into the passenger seat, his bag phone was there it felt hot to the touch as he opened the leather bag. He dialed the number that was more familiar to him then he would like to admit. The phone made a number of beeps, and then connected him to the closest tower.

"Hello?", a raspy older voice responded after three rings.

"Hey Doc, its me Reggie", he said speaking into the handset

The man paused for a moment before responding, "Well, well, it has been a while."

"I Know Dr. Wilder, I apologize, just been... You know...busy."

"Reg, we talked about this, you remember right?"

"Yeah Doc I know, it has been, you know, difficult."

"Yes, I know. That's why I need you to come see me."

Reg listened as the Dr. took a poof on his trademark Cuban cigar. "You're there aren't you..."

Reggie said nothing, his silence indicating his affirmation.

"Hmm, no surpise there, you only call after you've seen her."

"I know Doc, I know, but..."

"The nightmares haven't stopped have they..."

"No Doc, they haven't. In fact they're worse, much worse."

His mind played back the events from the previous night, something in the darkess. Something chasing him, hunting him. He shook as the memories from the night before tried to flood back.

"Look, Reggie, I think its time we explored other alternative. There are some drugs we can try, they might help you sleep, even keep you in a calm state."

"I'm not interested Doc, I know too much about medicine to put it in my body.."

"Fine Reggie, lets change the subject. Found a job yet?"

"Actually yes, I have, but I don't know if I will take it. Its at the old Jameson Estate. It's kind of far but it might be worth it."

"Well, I recommend you take it, it will do you good, maybe help you think through the issues your having. I think you should do it."

"I think I will, I'll call you when I get there, if you don't mind."

"No Reggie I don't mind at all, I'll talk to you later, got patience to see today, you know how it goes."

"Yeah I do Doc, thanks for your help, later "

The phone went dead as the doctor hung up. Reggie hung the phone up, reached for the key, turning it the six cylinder engine roared to life, he popped open the glove compartment, pulling out the map he had already marked, it was so far away, but it was time for a change. "Well Wendy here goes nothing..."