[Carrie] Chapter 6: Confrontation

Started by Throndir, April 03, 2020, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

North of Melrose
Day 4 - 1 PM

You applied the programming, though you felt sleepy after inputting the conditions and statements.

Synithise nodded at your explanation, seemingly agreeing to the constraints placed on her sister.

"I'm not given any other choice, either way. Which means that paranoia is justified!" Misophe's voice was sour. "Before I accept all your terms completely, I'll test if this so-called protection of yours actually works." A moment later Misophe continued with commands, though you assumed them to be directed to some of her guards nearby instead.

"You! Attack my arm!" Misophe commanded. There was another pause. "Attack. Me. Now. That is an order!" Another pause.

"... Very well hero, and Synithise. Whatever you did worked. Now tell the dullahan to stand down! They've been threatening to storm into the temple grounds."

Erynn

Carrie rolls her eyes as Misophe tries to justify her paranoia, amazed that Misophe still doesn't seem to understand that the situation in which she finds herself is entirely of her own making. When Misophe states that she's going to test the protection Carrie had provided her, she immediately comments to Synithise, "Well, that's a fuckup on my part. The failsafe conditions are going to screw us."

Carrie is then shocked to hear Misophe confirm that the program had actually functioned, and her eyes go wide despite her exhausted condition as she realizes that Synithise's sister had just used the defensive program Carrie had created for her to murder someone just to see if it functioned.

"That... wasn't supposed to........", Carrie stutters to herself, her accent thick, showing the sudden change in her emotional state and demeanor, then swears loudly, "SHIT! They're not citizens of Darmona!"

Carrie found herself with a much greater understanding of the situation that she had prior to the beginning of negotiations. In all likelihood, the foreign nation in which Misophe was a citizen would be the Felencorp United Alliances. Misophe had been working with Felencorp slavers, sure, and was likely acting out of her own selfish interests, but Carrie now found it exceptionally likely that Felencorp had agreed to work with her rather than enslave her because they intended for Misophe to be their puppet, leading the Lamia however they saw fit and reducing the chance of an uprising.

"What the actual fuck?! I knew she was treacherous, but this just takes the cake! I can't fucking believe she turned around and killed someone with that program that fast! How stupid do you have to be to violate an agreement the moment it's forged?!", comes the exasperated rant from Carrie, followed by a dejected sigh and, "God. Dammit. At least we got her to agree to the terms. With any luck, having her in Dullahan custody for community service will nip this problem in the bud. We're going to need to vet everyone who's currently in the temple though. Most of them are Misophe's people, but there are definitely a few who are loyal to you. In any case, Eveleen needs to know."

Carrie begins speaking to Eveleen once more but also permits Misophe to hear her words.

"Eveleen, Carrie again. Misophe has agreed to the following terms. She will be ceding her authority to her second in command. She forfeits the right to carry weapons unless specifically authorized to do so by either myself or Synithise, and she has agreed to serve 3,000 hours of community service. In exchange, the ordinary sentence for her deeds is to be suspended contingent upon the absence of additional offenses following her attempted coup. Should such an offense or offenses be proven, the sentence shall no longer be suspended. You can expect both Misophe and her second in command to meet you at the main entrance to confirm compliance with the terms of this agreement, and for Misophe to report for the administration of her community service sentence. Assuming all parties are satisfied that the agreement is being carried out in good faith, there will be no need to storm the temple. We can all meet to discuss the consequences for those subordinates directly participating in Misophe's attempted coup when I arrive."

Carrie then continues with only Eveleen permitted to hear her.

"Beyond this point, Misophe can't hear me. Be advised that she may have already violated the agreement by murdering someone to test a defensive program I provided to convince her to agree to the second term. If she is subjected to lethal force without first attempting to harm, or soliciting someone to cause harm to a citizen of Darmona, the individual attacking her will be crushed by the earth beneath them. If you find yourself having to stop an escape attempt or otherwise use force to compel compliance at any point, do not employ lethal force unless lethal force is used against you. Make certain that all of your riders are aware of this. That said until or unless we have solid proof that she violated the agreement, we proceed exactly as agreed upon. Additionally, be advised that the program she used to murder one of her own would not have functioned if my blessing had identified either Misophe or the individual she ordered to attack her as citizens of Darmona. Misophe and her people are foreign nationals. Given their involvement with Felencorp's slavers, it's likely that's who they've cast their lot with. Don't trust anyone in there until we have a chance to verify who's who and where their loyalties lie. Now,.......I'm going to give Misophe another reality check. Let me know when the handoff occurs."

Carrie then takes the opportunity to educate Misophe on where she had gone wrong.

"Misophe, let me give you some advice, one warrior to another. Among those who go into battle together, there can be no bond more significant or meaningful than the bond of trust. In combat, those who fight together must be able to trust that their comrades in arms are watching out for them, and can be counted on to cover their blind spots. Your unit lacks that trust in you. They know that you see them as objects instead of people, and when word gets out that you caused harm to one of your own for personal gain so insignificant as a little peace of mind, it wouldn't surprise me if your own fighters tried to kill you. Oh, I know you trust them more than anyone else in this forest, but you really shouldn't. The way you try to keep them in line doesn't win you any friends and, in fact, resulted in several of them passively aiding my escape. Your people are motivated to do enough that they don't invoke your wrath, but no more. Your negative behavioral reinforcement strategy also leaves your people with less confidence in themselves and significantly lower morale overall. All of those points, however, aren't your greatest failing. That would be your apparent inability to accept the consequences of your decisions and actions. More than anything else, Misophe, I find myself constantly astounded that you show not one inkling of recognition that this entire situation was of your own creation. You got yourself into this mess when you decided to sell your sister, my friend, into slavery. You're lucky you didn't hurt her, Misophe. If you had, there would have been no negotiating with me, and the only thing in this world that could keep me from wringing your neck would have been the same sister you tried to sell into slavery."

Carrie decided to leave Misophe with one final biting rebuke.

"Even though you tried to sell her into slavery, Synithise is the reason you're getting a second chance at all. You've got a sister who loves you unconditionally, Misophe, and from what I've seen thus far, all you 've done is cause her no end of grief. In a world like this one where danger lurks around every corner, if you don't cherish your family while you have them, you'll regret it should the day come when they're gone. For the past few days, I've found myself wondering what my relationship with my family could have been like had I not enlisted. Had I not been a soldier, I might still be with them right now. Maybe we'd be enjoying a barbecue.", Carrie smiles sadly as she recalls one of several good times spent with her family before finishing her monologue, "Take it from someone who knows. You never truly realize how much someone means to you until they're actually gone."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Erynn

Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Throndir

North of Melrose
Day 4 - 1 PM

[info]Hero point earned.[/info]
"I'll let you know when the handoff occures." Eveleen responded back.

"My people, aiding your escape...?" There was a low hiss of anger in her tone, but Misophe continued listening. Once you were finished, did Misophe respond.

"Who aided your escape? For one of my own to show such flagrant disobedience, they would deserve punishment." Her tone of voice was sharp, though she realized her soon-to-be lack of authority. "Anyways, I've already agreed to the terms! Besides all this talk of leadership is useless, with my second taking command of the martial arm of the priestesses."

"As for Synithise, she has done nothing but steal everything from me. I am the eldest, I should have been the one mother chose to lead the temple. It should have been me to summon the hero! It should have been me to greet you into this world. But now instead, look what you've done Synithise, you've ruined me! You speak of the importance of family, where it is in fact Synithise who have ruined things. Never could I understand why my mother chose the foolish and meek Synithise. It was a mistake! Strength is needed!"

"Now, enough of this, you've already won. Even if I were to attempt to flee, I doubt these cursed riders would let up, while they tirelessly chase until they've caught up. Not to mention, the hero's magic that defies all reason, affecting me even when I'm here at the temple."

"My second and I will meet with the dullahan. You've won." She hissed. "That's what you wanted right, Synithise?"

North of Melrose
A bit after...

"Misophe and her guards are meeting us up at their main entrance. They've surrendered their weapons." Eveleen's voice echoed in the wind through your programming.

"We've secured them." She said again some moments later. There was a sigh. "Misophe disappeared for years, it's... saddening that she only showed up only to be caught in this situation."

"Everything alright with you, Carrie?" Eveleen's voice resounded in the air again, her tone softer. "On behalf of the dullahan of Thura forest, I apologize that our security was lax enough to let my fellow matriarch be captured."

Erynn

Carrie's response to Misophe is swift and harsh. With a furious expression and a face rapidly turning red, Carrie has finally had enough of Misophe's nonsense.

"WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!, Mommy didn't pick meeeee!", she exclaims, mimicking a small child throwing a tantrum before suddenly turning on the Drill Instructor persona and continuing with a much more forceful, authoritative tone, "Grow the fuck up and quit behaving like a child, you entitled brat!"

Carrie then disengages from the conversation entirely to calm down, recognizing that if she were to continue interacting with Misophe at the moment, she was liable to make a poor decision. Besides, she reasoned, Synithise had been far too quiet thus far. It was likely the younger sister had her own piece to say.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Considering what you were up against, you did about as well as anyone could have been expected to.", Carrie informs Eveleen, "Traitors are devastating specifically because they're already aware of and prepared to defeat your security measures. Misophe and her crew got in through the exit tunnels. Nobody else would have been able to gain entry in that manner. They probably didn't even cross your patrol routes at any point. That said, the sooner we can get to fortifying our positions here, the better. Concealment can't be our only defense against attack anymore, as has been so clearly shown. As for me,......."

A long period of silence from Carrie ensues as she considers exactly what to say and how to say it. Eventually, she realizes that if she needs to deliberate on the matter as long as she has, there's only one truthful answer to the question.

"Physically, I could use a bit of attention but it's nothing serious.", Carrie begins tentatively, dreading the looks and the conversation that would no doubt follow the second half of her answer, but continues anyway after a brief pause and sigh, her voice unexpectedly wavering, "Mentally, I'm........ I need help. I'm not fit for duty by any standard."

Carrie realized as soon as she had said it that she had referred to a duty that no longer applied to the situation, but given Eveleen's knowledge of her life, she doubted the matriarch would be confused.

Feeling suddenly very vulnerable to be admitting that she was concerned about her own sanity, Carrie instinctively withdraws again.

"This is neither the time nor place to get into this though. I'll give you the full run down when I'm back."

Carrie then recalls something rather important about the events that had recently transpired and decides that mentioning it would be wise at this point in time.

"I feel like I should mention that the leader of the slaver caravan was strong enough to give me a genuine run for my money after having tangled with Donovan.", Carrie relays to Eveleen, "I'm not sure how familiar you are with heroes and their abilities compared to Synithise, but after blowing away the individual in question my level increased from 28 to 39. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an increase of nearly 40% in my total level upon achieving victory tend to indicate that my opponent was ridiculously powerful? The giant boar I ran into yesterday provided an increase of only two levels, from 26 to 28."

Throndir

Lamia Tunnels
Day 4 - 1 PM

In the heart of the Lamia Priestess tunnels, Misophe was visibly turning a redder shade of purple. Each and every one of the guards held their tongue and stood as if they weren't hearing the one-way conversation Misophe was having with the hero.

Kisisha, the second in command under Misophe sighed heavily as she stood at attention. Her mistress had always been like this, quick to anger, harboring an extreme hatred for those in Thura forest, and letting many of her decisions be fueled by emotions rather than sound-thinking. At the very least, her mistress' sister didn't turn out as sour. Talking to the other lamia priestesses who were left in taking care of Synithise in Thura forest, they've all told her that the worst they had to put up with was a constant supply of meats to continually feed their matriarch.

Don't get upset now mistress Misophe. Kisisha inwardly thought to herself, steeling her gaze towards the elder sibling of the matriline of the Lamia Priestesses.

The events just minutes ago were still fresh in her mind, of course. The elite guards around her mistress had since cleaned up the earlier mess involving the very floor itself crunching down on one of their own. That particular episode involved sending the injured Lamia away from her mistress's presence, along with cleaning the blood that had been shed. With how angry her mistress Misophe looked, no one wanted to risk being the subject of her next lashing. Seeing any sort of weakness in her people wasn't something her mistress tolerated either.

"How dare you!" Kisisha's mistress yelled out-loud; her eyes alight with fire. Kisisha didn't know what the hero, Carrie, was saying, only the comments made by her mistress in their conversation, but the lamia only hoped it wouldn't escalate.

"I'm not the brat! Synithise is the brat! And you with your insults proves you're just as a brat as she is!" The lamia yelled out in front of her, clutching the armrests of the throne she sat on. Kisisha held her breathe.

It escalated. Kisisha thought to herself, sighing again, unsurprised at the turn of events. She began to think of ways to cover for the blunder, only for Misophe to make it worst.

"Incessantly pretending to be the nice one so that mother would choose you! Allying yourselves with the dullahan and batfolk matriarchs, worming your way into their graces! And now the hero as well!" Misophe spat.

Kisisha sighed yet again.

Back in Melrose

"I never meant to steal anything from you sister!" Synithise pleaded. "I didn't even want to become the matriarch..."

"Then give it to me!" Misophe screeched in response. "You don't deserve it!"

"I can't do that. Not anymore, sister." Synithise responded quickly, much calmer. "There's a reason mother made me matriarch. I never really understood why until now... But look at what you're doing, and look at what you've done. Don't think about me, or mother, or of us in Thura forest. Just lay out the things you've done just in the last day. Next think about mother, and who she was. Mother was part of the line of priestesses that held an important role in our country. She was respected, not feared. The other leaders respected her as well, as did the royal family. The rest of the priestesses wanted to serve, rather than feeling as if they had to. Being trusted and respected is important in a role like hers. Now... with what you've done just today... You betrayed everyone in the forest, and you betrayed Carrie too. You tried to sell your own family into slavery. We are priestesses, sister. But more than that, we're leaders, and that in itself holds as more accountable than those who follow us. You're given this chance to make amends. And you're already squandering it. You're a leader, Misophe, that's why you have priestesses who follow you, but also, lead by example."

"You see, Carrie told you much the same, but I doubt you even heard her words. You know I care a lot about you. I sent you so many letters throughout the cities in our country that made it here, hoping you'd receive them. And when I found out you had made it... I did my best to bring you back. I wanted us both to summon the hero, I was hoping it would be your people, who are skilled fighters, would be the ones to teach Carrie."

"You see, Carrie told you much the same, but I doubt you even heard her words. You know I care a lot about you. I sent you so many letters throughout the cities in our country that made it here, hoping you'd receive them. I even risked traveling to the cities here to have an audience with each of the tribal heads. And when I found out you had made it... I did my best to bring you back. I wanted us both to summon the hero, I was hoping it would be your people, who are skilled fighters, who would be the ones to teach Carrie."

"We can still do that. With me as the matriarch, and you the head of the guards. Not because I stole the position, nor even the fact that mother had announced that I would be taking it. But because I unite both our tribe with the other tribes in our forest. And because our people want to follow me."

"In times like these when most of our country has vanished, the royal family is gone, and our people are scattered and hunted by oppressors, it's even more important that we all stand together and united."

"Sister... I need you to be united."

Donovan, who was listening intently to the one side of the conversation, nodded slowly.

"I see your mother in you, kid." He whispered, barely audible, to himself.

North of Melrose
After the conversation with Misophe

There was a silence, as if Eveleen was considering your words.

"Sorry, I forget you can't actually see me right now since your voice sounds as if you're right next to me. But I nodded... And I understand. The link we have when we shared our souls is something I'll keep forever, as will you for my soul. But we can save it for later, you know I'll always be here for you."

"And yes... Sometimes I forget you're a hero, most people never see their levels. I admit, my own familiarity with it is lacking. From what I remember Synithise telling me before, gaining levels is generally a slow process, but if you killed a giant boar in this forest and only earned two levels, then yes, whoever you had killed was a skilled person. It wouldn't be far off to say that he might have been stronger than Donovan."

"This reminds me. I must also warn you... There have been cases before where heroes go rogue. You've experienced it yourself how easy it is for one with your blessings to kill, even if the target was someone strong. The Felencorp employs their own heroes throughout the world, primarily fighting in the war against the demons, but their capacity in a fight is not to be underestimated. A fight between heroes, as I've heard, isn't something that is drawn out. It's usually quick. And most often, deadly."

"When you come back, we need to focus on training or levels. I want to help prepare you for anything else you might encounter."

Erynn

As Carrie listened to Misophe's tantrum, her attempts to calm herself were failing miserably. She was about to cut Misophe off from communicating with her when Synithise began speaking. As furious as Misophe's behavior was making her, Carrie didn't want to miss that exchange. Of course, Misophe just had to screech her demand at Synithise one more time. Carrie didn't get a chance to rebuke her again though. Synithise beat her to the punch. The Lamia matriarch delivered her elder sister a far more biting rebuke than Carrie ever could have, echoing the same criticism she had given, but doing so in such a way that it actually seemed to be getting through Misophe's thick skull. After all, Misophe hadn't interrupted her after the final screeched demand.

"And that's the reason I've chosen to follow your sister Misophe.", Carrie adds, having been calmed herself listening to Synithise speak, "Her concern is always for others rather than herself. She's not in it for power, fame, or glory. She does her job because she cares about her people. Incredibly, she still includes you and your followers."

Carrie pauses briefly to emphasize what she says next, uttering the recommendation laden with pity.

"Misophe, it's time you re-evaluate your life choices. If you continue down the path you're currently on, nothing good will come of it."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Carrie can't help but chuckle as Eveleen relates that she had nodded while listening to her. The chuckle doesn't last long though as Carrie feels ice run through her veins when Eveleen confirms what she had suspected. The idea that the leader of a mere slave caravan could be powerful enough to challenge a summoned hero and actually have a chance to win left Carrie disturbed. It seemed that the Felencorp United Alliances were far more dangerous than she had at first suspected. If civilians could be this powerful, what would their military be like? The thing that most caught Carrie's attention though was Eveleen's reference to the concept of a 'rogue hero'.

"I'm probably going to be leaning on you more than expected.", Carrie admits to Eveleen, "You're currently the only person in this world that fully understands what I'm dealing with, so that's more than a little reassuring."

Carrie then switches to a topic she finds more comfortable to discuss.

"I can definitely see why conflict between heroes would be brief and deadly.", she agrees with a more serious tone, "One of my own blessings has such reach that I could likely eliminate a hostile hero anywhere in this world at any time without them even realizing what's happening. The sheer magnitude of power it bestows is sobering. I'm definitely in agreement where training is concerned. There's a ridiculous amount of information I'm still missing about the world around me. There's probably going to be quite a bit more training going in the opposite direction than you're expecting though. What I've learned about this blessing of mine has given me a whole bunch of ideas that might very well allow me to bring my world's technologies into this one. If we're to make use of them, Darmona's people will need to learn about them."

Carrie's tone then shifts once more to a more relaxed and mischievous tenor, "That being said, I've got a crazy idea that I just can't not try. If it doesn't work out the way I intend I may wind up completely out of mana, so if I fail to respond after this, assume I've passed out. I'm going to try to edit my status window. If I'm still conscious after this, the idea of a rogue hero interests me greatly. If we could get one or more of Felencorp's own heroes to switch sides, it would greatly improve our own capabilities while diminishing theirs."

Carrie then proceeds to do exactly as she stated.

"Status, Program, Conditon: Now Statement:Set MP 75, Statement:Set HP 95, Save."

Whatever the outcome turns out to be, Carrie can't help but grin mischievously as she creates the new program. In her mind, an old meme plays.

'HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'

Throndir

Melrose
Day 4 - 1 PM

Misophe never directly responded back. Though through the link, however, you were able to hear her words still being echoed out to you.

Back in the Lamia tunnels

The silence was almost palpable. The mistress had been in some sort of verbal conflict with presumably Synthise and the hero, but her demeanor now seemed to slightly shift. Kisisha held her breath in anticipation, as did the other elite guards surrounding them in Synthise's unused throne room. Either Misophe was thinking about something extremely carefully, or she was about to blow up in an extreme explosion of anger.

"Mistress Misophe, do we plan to have you escape still?" One of the other elite guards dared to ask, not being able to stand the uncomfortable silence.

Misophe turned towards the guard but sighed herself.

"Let's meet with the riders." Misophe responded. "Peacefully."

The feeling of both relief and confusion washed over Kisisha. Not long ago had Misophe planned for another daring escape, potentially sacrificing the mistress' own warriors so that she could flee towards the closest Felencorp camp. It was a course of action that was foolhardy, one prone to fail given the fact her mistress was up against a summoned hero. There were enough tales about the Felencorp heroes that would send shivers up one's spine after all.

But now all of a sudden she wanted to throw away those plans? Kishisha had known Misophe the longest, so she knew that her mistress was as stubborn as any minotaur. It was almost disturbing to the lamia caretaker. Where was the defiance? Or her hallmark anger?

"Mistress?" Kisisha asked, her tone of voice carrying the unspoken question.

Misophe stared at Kisisha for awhile, before finally answering.

"Kisisha, you're in command of the warriors."

North of Melrose
After the conversation with Misophe

When you expected the program to run, your field of vision was interrupted by a notification.

[error]Error: Ability not yet unlocked.[/error]
Shortly after that, another notification appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Attempted Divinity』
You have gained +1 SP[/okay]

Erynn

As Carrie hears Misophe give the necessary instructions to comply with the terms of the agreement, she smiles and places a hand on Synithise's shoulder.

"It seems like we finally got through to her.", she tells Synithise, before continuing in a more light-hearted fashion, "Well, mostly you. She doesn't seem to respond well when someone calls her out on her bollix. Either way, it looks like things aren't quite so banjaxed as they could have been. We're going to have quite a bit of questioning to do when we get back though. Between the prisoners we took and Misophe's people, we might be able to gain quite a bit of operational intelligence."

Carrie pauses for several seconds though before speaking again, this time from the heart.

"Really though, I'm just glad you're safe."

As she speaks, the prior apprehension Carrie had felt and the relief that had recently washed over her was apparent. Not everything was right with the world, to be sure, but at least Carrie still had the people she cared about.

"Oh, this is interesting.", Carrie says with excitement, no doubt making clear to Eveleen that she had not passed out, "The idea is sound in principle, but needs to be somehow unlocked first! Apparently, trying it earned me a new title too. 'Attempted Divinity', according to the message. I've also gained one SP."

Carrie then turns to Synithise, "What's SP? I haven't seen that when I've accessed the status display window."

Carrie then recalls something else she wanted to ask after an earlier observation as a familiar window appears in her field of vision in an irritating fashion causing her to momentarily recoil as if trying to move away from an annoying insect before thinking aloud, "I've got to remember that word calls up a display window....", before continuing her train of thought.

"I've also noticed a red glow coming from both of us since taking down the caravan leader. It seems similar to what mana looks like, but it's clearly different. Do you have any idea what that might be? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you're the matriarch of a temple given that we're the only two here that appear to have this trait, but what would that mean for me....?"

Carrie then turns her attention back to the conversation Eveleen had begun prior to her attempt at editing her status window.

"And what exactly makes someone a Rogue Hero? I'd be interested to know if Felencorp takes any precautions to guard against heroes going rogue, and if so what those might be. I suppose that would be a better question for someone who works for Felencorp though. Maybe one of the prisoners will know....."

Carrie, still thinking about the goal she had in mind when trying to edit her status window, comes up with another idea to solve the problem. While listening for responses from her friends, she unslings the hydration backpack from its position and uses it fill the cup that comes with her mess kit. Once her friends have finished speaking, she turns to Synithise and tells her what she's up to, making certain that Eveleen is also aware of her intended course of action.

"Okay, let's give this another try using a different method.", she informs the two who could currently hear her, handing the cup filled with water to Synithise, "I'm going to use my ability on the water in this cup. If it turns deep blue, it will mean that the ability functioned as intended and that consuming it will fully restore MP. If not, it will mean that the effect failed to take hold. If this works though, this is also likely to render me unconscious, so you'll need to get me to drink it somehow if I'm to recover my mana."

Once Synithise acknowledges that she understands what Carrie is about to do, the young hero takes a seat on the ground and proceeds as she indicated.

"Program: Condition: As Desired Statement: Turn blue Statement: Replenish imbiber's MP, Save."

Throndir

North of Melrose
1:30 PM

The moment you said 'status' out-loud, the menu came into view.

[okay]Carrie Cook
Attempted Divinity
Level 39

Condition: Injured, Sleepy

HP: 62/95
MP: 3/75
SP: 100/100
STR: 21 +
DEX: 28 +
CON: 25+
INT: 29 +
WIS: 11 +
CHA: 13 +
MAG: 21 +

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Magic Reflect, Program

You have 2 unspent ability points.[/okay]
"'SP'... Yes... Our teaching has information about that too. 'SP' is divinity... Or perhaps the measure of how much divinity is in you. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot about 'SP'. It's not as common as mana at all, and it's something reserved only to heroes. There have never been records of heroes making use of it before though..." Synithise shook her head.

"I'm unsure if this world has any information on what we the priestess know of as 'SP', since us here in this forest rarely make contact with others. Likewise, information is sparse too. But we can always ask some of our contacts who have been living outside the forest about it..." At this she turned towards Donovan.

The armored dullahan shrugged.

"Haven't heard of it. I don't strayed too far away from Melrose. It's been uncomfortable for others with me being in the town since the occupation, so I haven't appeared much. I've gotten used to being at home, enjoying the solitude and peace, for years now; old habits die hard."

Synithsie was about to respond, but instead chose to focus on you.

"Yes, that red glow. That's described as 'SP'. But... I shouldn't have any of this 'SP'... I always thought it was something just for heroes?" Synithise asked. Looking around you, no one else had this red glow. Comparing yourself with Synithise however, yours was a lot more vibrant than hers. If anything, there was only a very slight glow that was barely visible when you focused on Synithise, where on you it was much more overpowering.

When asked about rogue heroes, Eveleen gave the expected answer.

"I imagine the Felencorp abandons the hero, or if it's detrimental to the war effort, they use their own heroes to take the rogue ones down."

Applying the programming to the cup, you noticed the water in the cup start to ripple, and immediately after that, you passed out.

[info]Continue to Chapter 7: Melrose[/info]