A Little Friendly Competition...

Started by Emperor Wilbers, April 26, 2012, 06:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Wilbers

We've been trying to start a competition and have never gotten to it. I want to start an "Avatition." lol. Here's the proposed plan:

Several people will volunteer. The rest of the forum's members will vote on the member with the best avatar, in their opinion. The candidates Cannot vote for themselves, or even for other people. To avoid from the entire forum's members from volunteering as a candidate, their will be a limit of... 4 candidates. These candidates will be chosen by whomever is first. The fifth person that volunteers is not permitted to be a candidate. There will be 3 rounds. The first will eliminate the person with the least amount of votes. Same with the second. Whoever wins the third and final round will get a reward that is soon to be decided. If their are any ties then the Game Master, me, will make the final decision of who gets eliminated (I just decided to call myself the Game Master, for some reason). Corruption is permitted, but not recommended.

Is there anything I missed? Ah, yes. You may change your avatar to anything, as long as said avatar is APPROPRIATE. If you want to keep your current avatar then by all means, keep it. Also, if you would like to join as a candidate and/or post any opinions you have about the Avatition then please do so. The competition will take place as soon as the candidates are chosen and I have posted the poll topic. As the Game Master I will NOT be participating and/or voting for candidates. I am simply the controller of the "game." Thank you for your time.

UPDATE: Make sure to read ALL rules, including the amendments further on in the topic.

Throndir

Emperor Wilbers

Amendment 1

Article 1
Instead of having 4 candidates we will have only 3. Therefore, we will only have 2 rounds. This will adjust the candidate to voter ratio and make this a more realistic competition.

Article 2
The reward has been chosen: 5 thank you points. This is a very gracious offering, so make it worth your while, and "may the odds be ever in your favor."

Throndir

Oh wait, I don't want to enter as a competitor. xD I just want to vote. :o

Throndir

If you need someone to sign up as a contestant though, I'll do so. But consider me out if you do get 3 people. XD

Kazamatta

Emperor Wilbers

I'll take one more person. Who will it be? If no one applies then I will start the competition with Throndir and Kaz. I might throw myself in there anyways, depending on the circumstances.

Hasabushi

Oh crap how did I miss this, I'm in :D

Emperor Wilbers

haha. So, the current contestants are:
Hasabushi
Kazamatta

I don't think anyone else will join as a contestant. Throndir, you don't have to, but if you do want to, you can be the third contestant.

Emperor Wilbers

Amendment 2

Article 1
It is certain that the competition will start when Throndir makes the decision to join or not. If he does not join then we will still start, unless someone decides to abruptly join.

Article 2
The competition itself will last until EVERY member votes. It WILL END, however, if  not everyone votes and one week and three days has passed. If for some unexplained reason the Game Master wants to end it early, then be it so. Make sure to read the ENTIRE document of rules before acting.

UPDATE: The Avatition will start when the date is provided. The actual voting period will start when I post the polls on the given date. May the odds be ever in your favor. Speaking of that quote, please post your idea for an Avatition motto, slogan, etc. in the Avatition Slogan Ideas topic.

Throndir

QuoteIf you need someone to sign up as a contestant though, I'll do so. But consider me out if you do get 3 people. XD

Go for it, unless you want to wait for a third person. :o

Emperor Wilbers

The voting period will start Tomorrow, May the 1st, when the poll goes up. The contestants are, Hasabushi, Kazamatta, and Throndir. That is final.

Emperor Wilbers

Cross that previous post out. I want every contestant to post that they are "Ready," to let me know when to start the voting period. NOW is the time to change your avatar to something that will win, that you like.

Throndir

Ready!

Throndir

The oh so awesome
(and adorable)
Throndir-Elf.

Who chose an avatar
not quite
like his own self.

All in his quest
to go
prove oneself.