[Mako] Chapter 1: 18th Birthday

Started by Throndir, January 04, 2019, 05:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

Well he had certainly made an impression on the young lady sitting by the shire. What sort of impression he had made was uncertain. Before he made his way in her direction, he reached down for the bug that he cut down. Without a second thought he started to devour the insect to see if it would be of befit to his current venture. He was certain that he would need whatever edge he could possibly muster in order to defeat his father.

Once the insect was eaten, Mako resists the urge to continue to feast and gather his composure. Finally, he sucked it up and walked towards the shrine. There was no better way to get to the heart of the matter than to ask.

QuoteMental Resist:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]

With a slight bow without averting his eyes from her Mako introduced himself, "Good morning, my name is Mako Ikeda, and who might you be? I hope these were not your friends, if so I do apologize but they were in my way. While you are at it, how in the world did you end up in this forest. You are definitely not from Isikawa." He blushed slightly with those last words.

Throndir

When you ate the remains of the 2 foot long insect, you got a notification.

[okay]You leveled up.
You are now level 26. Spend your unallocated points.
You have gained a new skill『Water Skating』[/okay]The girl continued to stare curiously, her eyebrows went up when she noticed you munch on the creature.

[info]Mental Resist: 16
You were able to successfully ignore the remaining corpses.[/info]When you stopped in front of her and bowed down, the girl looked back behind her. Then she turned back towards you, her face in confusion.

"Wait, you can see me?"

"A-amazing! You're a human, aren't you? You look like one... And those bugs? They were just bugs! Also I've always been in this forest, well, this shrine too. I'm not sure what an Isikawa is, but more important... You can see me? And hear me?"

Manzokushi

The young woman spoke and he light up inside. There was something about her that simply struck him as downright attractive. Perhaps it was some strange otaku desire running through his head, who knows.

Oh boy, something did not add up here. Her comments and reactions give the impression of a spirit maybe or perhaps some otherworldly dweller.

Mako allowed his vision to sweep over here to read her mana and try to get a sense of who she was, since she was indeed not human. Perhaps she had a status or some other identifying aura about her.

QuoteSpellcraft Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 5 + 10, total 15[/blockquote]

Realizing that he probably seemed to be aggressive, Mako sheathed the katana and kept his distance as to not startle her.

After a few moments of allowing the situation to sink in, he finally spoke up a bit unsteady at first, "I am indeed a human, at least I think I am. I do apologize for the rough treatment of the bugs they were ready to eat me alive so it was unfortunately survival of the fittest."

He allowed that to set in before he continued, "So you have always been here, that is very interesting, I have been in the forest a few times and before now never knew this place existed. Though it has only been a few days since I started to sense and grasp mana. Perhaps that is why I can see you?"

Throndir

When you began to attune your senses towards her, you realized that she seemed to be glowing, in much the same way that you had seen mana glow from when you and your mother pulled it out from yourselves and placed them in your hands. When you began to focus on that aspect, that was when you realized she had a large amount of mana. At least, more than you sensed within yourself.

"I've never seen a human eat one of those bugs like the way you did! But, it's been a couple of centuries since I had even seen one... When I first saw you, I was excited to see what you'd do, but your kind can never actually see me though."

She got up then, and started to examine you closely, moving around you as if trying to get a clear view of your form.

Manzokushi

This whole situation was taking a turn for the strange, but what the heck. He needed to understand some of this so why not open up and see what happens. He had been living this past week as if everything were more or less normal. He needed to share with someone the fact that he was indeed two people or souls in one. It was confusing but maybe opening up about it might help.

Mako chuckled, "I am pretty sure you haven't seen that before. It's something that I recently learned I could do. I can eat creatures and learn their abilities." It just slipped out though perhaps he needed this. If she is a ghost, then no harm no foul in opening up.

He allowed that to sink in and continued, "I need to tell you something because well I need someone to help me figure it all out." He trails off for a moment. "I want to talk to you about what happened to me, but first who and what are you? Do you have a name? "

Mako settles into a comfortable sitting position hoping that she will do the same and not murder him where he stands. Trust is sometimes needed to successfully progress the quest after all.

Throndir

"You, mortal human, can call me Kiyo-sama! I used to be a water spirit deity... This was a shrine build to me centuries ago! But something happened, and no one has visited me since... Oh!"

She hurried back towards her shrine excitedly.

"Put some money in there... and I'll grant you a blessing!" She exclaimed happily as she pointed towards a donation box.

Manzokushi

Mako chuckled as she called him a mortal, "Wekll met Kiyo-sama, that is impressive that you once held the power of a deity. Perhaps then you are no longer a full fledged deity? Be that as it may I have a story to share with you. I am not of this world you see. I died in my world, and my spirit was reincarnated here. I see images in my eyes that give the impressions of status and ability. Since I turned 18 my old memories from my previous life has come flooding back in. Now I am alone in this world not know who or what my purpose should be. Perhaps I was meant to liberate my people from the demons."

Humm money for a blessing, that sounds like a wonderful exchange. Mako dug into his garments in search of some money, if he has any money on him he deposits it into the bucket. If no money is found, he will attempt to create coins that he has seen.

Mako picks up some rocks from the ground, visions transforming the rocks into metal and shaping them into the appropriate money. It was worth a try!

If he is able to produce the money or not after a pause he continues, "Kiyo, if you would like I could use a companion out there in this fight. I have ideas, I have plans but I am still a novice to how this realm works. I am currently mastering elemental magic but I feel that I will need to harness many other forms of magic to complete my vision. What do you say care to see what the world is like?"

This felt like a classic move but it was worth the risk. Either she came and he was empowered with another companion or at the very least he has shared his story with the world before his passing.

Throndir

Kiyo-sama puffed her cheeks.

"I am still a full-fledged deity!" Kiyo-sama proclaimed.

When you looked through your pants, you found that you had no money what-so-ever. Generally, farmers such as yourself don't carry loose change. You picked up a rock. Focusing on changing it into metal gave you a notification in that familiar translucent green window.

[okay]Ability not yet unlocked.[/okay]However, when you examined the rock, you got a feel of every mineral, iron, and crystal that made up the entire thing. It felt like, if you wanted, you could separate each of the minerals. For whatever reason, you knew exactly how much of what material made up the rock in your hand. This particular rock in your hand was 15% iron.

Quote"Kiyo, if you would like I could use a companion out there in this fight. I have ideas, I have plans but I am still a novice to how this realm works. I am currently mastering elemental magic but I feel that I will need to harness many other forms of magic to complete my vision. What do you say care to see what the world is like?"

The water spirit deity puffed up her cheeks again.

"It's Kiyo-sama!"

Manzokushi

Mako was somber for a moment, he realized that she was a deity and he had failed in mentioning her honorifics. His eyes averted and his gaze was downcast, "I apologize Kiyo-sama, I meant no disrespect. I do not have any coin to offer you." He raised the katana that his father hand given him. "Please take this as a token of my apology."

He remembered from many of the animes that he had witnessed that deities often enjoyed their appraisal, so he continued, "You are a water goddess and I meant no disrespect."

He lowered his eyes to the ground fully,

Throndir

"O-oh.. H-haha... W-well... It happens, you don't have to get so sad over it!" Kiyo-sama said hesitantly and apologetically.

"But no coins? It's alright I guess..." The spirit looked gloomily at the shrine's donation box. "It hasn't been touched in centuries..."

She sighed a bit, but began to examine you, seeming to forget about the donation altogether.

"So you're a human who can see me? That hasn't ever happened! And travelling with you..? Hmm..." She seemed to think about it for a moment.

QuoteDiplomacy requested too

Manzokushi

He slowly allowed his eyes to rise up toward her, "Yes I am a human and I would greatly appreciate your assistance. I am a human but I did die and come back after all. Maybe that means that we should work together?"

QuoteDiplomacy Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

Throndir

"Hmm... mortal human who died and came back? Maybe something about that is what lets you see me!" She looked back towards her shrine one more time.

"How about this... Donate to my shrine here one final time, and then..." She paused, her voice a bit somber. "And then I'll come with you."

Manzokushi

Mako nodded,"You have my word that I shall return to donate to your shrine." His face took on more of a serious look, "In two days time, I face my father to determine if I will be allowed to leave home with his blessing. We will duel and the first to land a weapon strike shall be the victor. If you have a blessing that can assist me in this matter I would be most appreciative." He mused to himself that perhaps this meeting was indeed fated. She can likely not help but it was worth a try.

He smiled to her, "I will need to return home soon so that I can get gather your donation, and I look forward to returning and having you as a companion. Thank you for a wonderful conversation and allowing me sit with you, Kiyo-sama."

Mako bows politely to Kiyo-sama before sprinting for home to gather the coins and race back before the day ends.

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - 8 AM

"A duel with your father? Oh! That takes me back... A samurai lord from the village that created my shrine had a son... And when the lord began to sell out his own people, that son challenged his father to a duel to the death!" Kiyo-sama said with stars in her eyes.

"Well, hurry up and donate then!" Kiyo-sama said eagerly. "And... Well... If you're leaving, come back here?"

Manzokushi

Mako waived to Kiyo-sama as he quickly departed for home.

He rushed to his room grabbed the little bit of coin that he had on hand and smiled. At least he could do one good thing. Even if none of this panned out he had done a good deed.

He raced back toward the shrine without saying a word to his parents. Once he arrived back assuming no other encounters, he quickly deposited the coins into the shrine donation bucket.

He then turned to Kiyo-sama he lowered his head in honor, "I give this donation of my own free will and ask that Kiyo-sama the Water Goddess, bless me and help me to see my dreams become reality." He envisioned beating his father, gathering companions, founding a great enterprise and driving back the demons from the land. If one should dream, they should dream big.

Once the formalities were through Mako looked up with hopeful eyes, "Care to join me Kiyo-sama on this crazy journey?" He reached out his hand waiting to see if she would take his and accept his pact of friendship. Whether she takes his hand or not, "I look forward to the future and the path that we shall find."