[Fred] Chapter 2: Civil War

Started by Throndir, August 09, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Ohohoho! Don't forget to drink some tea in the next world!" The man grew amazing bright until you couldn't see anything else but pure whiteness.

Date: ???

When the light dissipated, you found yourself in a completely different room. All of a sudden you were assaulted by a string of words in your mind.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Summoned Hero』
You have gained『Quick Learner』
You have gained『Mana Sensitivity』
You have gained『Translate All』
You have gained『Personal Status』
You have gained『Status』
You have gained a new title『Uncanny Understanding』
You have gained『Destroy』
You have gained a new title『Clothing Bane』
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 15. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]But you immediately felt something different. In fact, when you looked around you realized you hands hands and arms. Not only that, they were long and large, just like a humans'.

A voice interrupted your thoughts.

"You who are summoned from another realm! Protect me!" The voice came from a well-dressed man. Immediately above his head you notice symbols written, as if they were floating above him. For some reason you were able to understand his words.

Sio Chenglei《Emperor of the Baolong Dynasty》

There were others with him as well, each one fully armed in armor that you've never seen before.

At that same moment, doors on the opposite side of the emperor opened. A girl with unnatural purple hair was at the front. Behind her were a variety of people, each armed with seemingly random weapons. Above her as well, there were floating words.

"You're going to die!"

Lai Fen《Leader of the Dark Ravens》

Linwelin

Fred stared blankly at the notifications that appeared before him. Levels? Titles? What is all of this? He tried swishing his hand through the words to see if he could interact with them in any way. That was when he noticed...

"I HAVE HANDS!?!?" Fred began frantically examining himself. He then noticed he had feet, long legs and arms, and a human body. That 'God' person actually did it? Guess he wasn't just being arrogant...

"You who are summoned from another realm! Protect me!"

Fred looked at the finely dressed man, seemingly called an emperor, then scanned the rest of the armored people beside him. After glancing at the rushing group of obviously less armored people, Fred could only think one thing.

"Why? You don't look like you need my help. Plus, I can't fight." Fred then steps to the side, staying out of the combat that was to ensure. Though his stepa we're a bit awkward, almost like a hop. Whoa, legs are weird...it feels like hopping isn't the right way to do this? Maybe if I imitate how I've seen it done. The hopping turns into a more unsteady walk, as Fred makes his way to a wall and leans against it. He takes this chance to observe the movements of the people in front of him to learn, as well as look into those weird notifications.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

When you swished your hands towards the notifications that scrolled through your mind. The words dissipated quickly though, but you had enough time to reach out towards 'Destroy'. A second later, while the rest of the notifications were scrolling by, a new window appeared in your head.

[okay]Focus on『Destroy』
???[/okay]
QuoteEither do an INT check, or RP self-discovery.

"Y-you... aren't you supposed to be the great Summoned Hero of legends that will save the empire from peril?" The emperor announced, his face aghast with fury. However, with the troupe of his enemies just beyond you on the other side, he swallowed his pride.

"I will pay you handsomely! 1000 gold coins!" He declared. The guards around him drew a tighter circle around the emperor. Meanwhile, those on the other side crept into the room, neither side taking action quite yet.

"You're the summoned hero, huh?" The 'Leader of the Dark Ravens' asked as she eyed you carefully. She had her weapon drawn, brought up defensively as stared at you. "So, what'll you do? Even if you're the Summoned Hero, if you are an enemy, I will cut you down."

Linwelin

[info]Gonna RP it, but holding out for next post.[/info]

"Hero? Empire? Enemy? What're you all saying, I'm a neutral party! We only just met, how can I have anything for or against anyone?" Fred said in exasperation, waving his hands around in confusion at their claims. "Why are you fighting so fiercely anyways? You're both people, right? Where I'm from, in-fighting like this was shameful. What have either of you done to need killing for?"

Fred was trying to keep up with the events, as well as hold back his excitement. Everything was moving so fast, and he could tell he'd be in a lot of trouble if he didn't tread carefully...but...

I'M TALKING WITH HUMANS! This would be a dream come true if they weren't so screwy.

"Also, what's a 'gold coin'? Is it tasty?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"That... isn't how it works! You are summoned, and you are supposed to help the country you were summoned in... I'll give you 2000 gold coins then! And 5 slaves! You can buy anything with gold coins... Anything you want! Food, women, buildings, statues in your honor..."

"Well, since this hero you summoned still hasn't chosen a side..." She pointed towards the emperor. "That man is evil! He's killed hundreds, tortured slaves, and lives in riches when the rest of his country is in poverty! If you say you're a hero, then you must surely have a sense of justice? Can you not see that he is the enemy?"

You notice both combatants were starting to position themselves.

Linwelin

"Ohhhhhhhh~? Fred at this point completely ignored the emperor's squabbling. Turning to the 'assassin' leader, Fred smiled. "In that case, you wear the name of 'Ravens' well. Let's just say they're my favorite bird..."

Fred, with a better sense of movement this time, walks forward to better meet the gaze of the Emperor. He's careful not to step too far forward, so he doesn't seem threatening...yet.

Speaking louder, to address the room, Fred states, "I don't know anything about this hero stuff, nor justice. The whole concept of good and evil is complex, so I'm not going to pretend to get it. Instead, I go by a simple guideline." Fred pauses, looking toward the armored bunch, with the emperor hiding behind them. "A whole group of smiling people is much better than just an individual one. And you, emperor...you just don't get that."

"So as you've been saying, IF I am this hero, I'm brought here to help the people. Fred raises his hand toward the royal group. "Let's see if I can help!"

With a grin on his face Fred tries using his destroy ability, wordlessly first.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Initiative for combat:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Y-you... You have it all wrong! I am the people! Guards! Apprehend the hero, and kill the intruders!"

The explosion of combat happened fast. The guards in front started throwing spears, then readying their swords. On the other side, the people that came in with Lai Fen《Leader of the Dark Ravens》also charged forward, some taking spears straight to their body.

Two spears came rushed towards you, you easily dodged the first one. You dodged the second one as well, but it was close.

"Nice moves, hero." Lai Fen said as she vaulted above you at the same time you had dodged the second spear. Using you almost like a jumping board she had moved herself up to the front, as she locked herself into combat with one of the guards.

When you finally cast your ability saying Destroy in your mind. A message popped up.

[okay]Silent invocation not yet unlocked.[/okay]

Linwelin

WOW! This guy is more arrogant than God! And he doesn't even have reason to be! Fred's eyes widen at the emperor's claims. Does he know he can't be more than one person?

After being used as a stepping stone by the Raven girl, Fred ran up so that she was no longer in his line of sight before trying his ability again. I'd like to avoid hitting a Raven if I can. I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Fred tried aiming his hand at a knight once again, doing his best to keep allies out of his line of sight, this time shouting out "Destroy!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]《Destroy》
The moment you invoked the keyword, you saw motes of light appear from your hand, then all of a sudden they sped forth towards your target; the guard. As if ripping his armor off completely, the metallic pieces of his armor came flying right off. Following by his shirt... Then his pants...

And then everything else.[/info]Words flashed in a translucent green window the moment you blew off the man's clothing.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Clothing Remover』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]The fighting stopped for a brief second when everyone realized someone was naked.

"Umm.. This isn't really the time for that..." Someone commented.

QuoteEveryone wastes their turn staring at something.

"Isn't that... a little small?" Lai asked.

"Shut it!" The guard replied angrily, his features both in shock and embarrassment.

[include u=2]MP Fred: -3[/include]

Linwelin

I did that...? I did that...! THAT WAS ME!

Fred begins chuckling periodically into a straight out laughter.

"Ahahahahahaha!"

This is amazing!

"Thank you, God!"

After his praises to the Almighty, Fred swiftly turned back with a gleam in his eye. "Everyone, I'll disarm whoever I can, a small group of you can dispose of these easier targets while the rest keep the next targets busy!"

Fred then looks at the emperor, pointing directly at him. "I bet his is the smallest, with how he's hiding! Let's find out!" And with that point, Fred tried to cast another destroy. "Destroy!"

Fred, for better or worse, had learned what this kind of comparison meant in his past life. Humans are weird, finding meaning in that...but whatever, it's fun!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]《Destroy》
In an instant, all that was left of the emperor's 5000 gold coin robe... was tatters.[/info]But the fighting never continued though as the emperor's clothes were blown off, everyone, including his own guards stared in amazement at the sight.

Someone finally broke the silence.

"That's smaller than the other one!"
[include u=2]MP Fred: -4[/include]

Linwelin

"Hah! Called it!" Fred called out with a smirk before waving his hand toward another guard, "Destroy!"

Not even looking in the direction of the to-be-disrobed guard, Fred made a quick suggestion to the emperor's forces. "It'd be best if you all threw down your weapons now, or else you'll all end up wearing the same outfit. Or do you want to keep playing 'Who's the snallest'?

With a pause, Fred turned to his allies. "Of course, if you all are still curious, I can keep going anyways."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"You will pay for this!" The emperor bellowed as he tried to cover himself up with his hands.

With the second guard being completely naked, and only had his sword, he proceeded to drop his weapon.

"Pick up that weapon!" The emperor screamed. "Or I will cut off your head myself!"

Hesitantly, the man who had dropped his weapon, began reaching out for it again, but Lai Fen quickly closed the distance and pointed her own blade at the man.

"Pick that up, and you die." The girl promised. The older man gulped.

The other guards were tense as well from the situation.

Linwelin

"Looks like you either die now, or try your luck later. Better chances if you leave the sword on the ground. After all-" Fred turns back toward the emperor, "Ravens are carrion birds, scraps like him won't last too long. I imagine you all would prefer to head back to your families."

Fred looks around at all the guards still not moving. "Really? You all prefer not having clothes? I don't mind either way, but I though you'd be uncomfortable with the idea." He moves his hand again toward a new guard. "Destroy!"

"The sooner you drop your weapons, the sooner I lower my hand. I guarantee you I'm faster at drawing my weapon, too."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_