[Daniel] Making Amends

Started by Linwelin, February 17, 2016, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

QuoteWork in progress. Will delete this when complete.

It had been a good while since his encounter with Thistle and her family, and though Dan certainly understood why she held that encounter against him, she had yet to warm up to the ranger. Pulling her from her home forcefully like that was not something easily forgiven, but her truly wished to gain her friendship, and to show that it wasn't his intention to be that forceful. He'd explained on a few occasions to Thistle that he'd made his decision to protect her and her family from the unpredictable behavior of the stranger, Vinny. But that didn't make his actions right, and they both knew it.

Due to her rejection of Daniel's role as her trainer, he'd only learned a handful of things about her. She was forced to eat for survival, so he had learned that she loves sour food and dislikes bitter flavors. She interacted with his Pokemon well enough, and through observation he learned she was very laid back in nature. If it weren't for the gravity of his transgression, she would have most likely let it slide and been as friendly with him as she was with the rest of his friends. She'd forgiven Bolt for being part of the capture, as his jolly demeanor convinced her that he'd had no part in the decision. She'd seemed to warm up to him slightly, or at least listen to him, during his battle in the streets. So though he didn't know much, Dan felt now was the time to learn.

That's why he was currently sitting across from Thistle in the grassy hills outside Celadon, having some down time from teaching. The Drilbur was still disinterested, lounging a few feet from him. It was an improvement from active aggression, so he was happy enough.

"Hey, Thistle." Dan tried to get her attention, with her response being a disinterested look back over her shoulder, continuing to lounge on her side. "What was life like in that cave? What kinds of things did you do?" It was a tough question to ask, one that immediately put Thistle on edge. Obviously she couldn't tell him about it, but he was looking for actions. Maybe excitement, or a longing look. If she were to actually interact, it would be a miracle. What Dan wanted to know is if she was willing to open up about the very issue he was involved in.

Her response was immediately aggressive with growls, and her glare was blaming. She had opened up as Dan had wished, but he had not expected her to still be this aggressive about it. Family must be extremely important to her. "I understand. I know I am to blame. But you were with me on that island, and know I couldn't have gotten through it without you. I truly wish you to continue traveling with me, but it is obvious I have much to do to make up for my mistake." Though still angry, she at least stopped growling. 'At least he knows.' was the displeased expression on her face. "If that's the case, we'll just have to visit your family, won't we?" Daniel gave a reassuring smile. The Drilbur immediately perked up in shock. "I'll go cancel my plans this afternoon. There were no classes for me to teach today, all I have is a staff meeting. The tunnels where I caught you are just up those mountains behind you." Daniel pointed, with Thistle following the direction. Her demeanor was now that of excitement, but still completely shocked. "Come with me, and we'll let everyone know, then depart." Though Thistle found it unbelievable that Daniel would offer such a trek, and was a little skeptical, she knew he was honest, at least. He's never lied to her, in all the time they've been together. Though she still hated him, just this once, for this cause, she would trust him.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]