[Shadowrun] Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Started by Oath, January 18, 2016, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Zephyr nodded at Mac's comments and went into answering Sparky,  "We cannot take Croyle." he stated emphatically. "One because the Johnson made it clear he doesn't want this getting out, but two it leaves us open to retaliation. Perhaps I was unclear why you are so key to pulling this off Sparky. Once we finish the legwork and start the clock we have less then six hours if I'm being generous to complete both heists. Now that window widens or considerably shortens depending on how quite we can make this and how good we cover our tracks. If one party discovers our involvement they will make sure that the other half is unattainable. If we take Croyle V&W will find out simply because we cannot kill him and High threat response will be on us in no time. If we go after V&W first and they find out Croyle will be in the wind by sunrise. So like I said if we're being prudent everything needs to be done in no more then 6-12 hrs. Which is where your talent for cars comes in

To limit our chances of discovery we have to stay away from anything overly flashy. Luckily the Johnson said it would be impossible for them to produce anything from the plans, and I cannot imagine them being any bigger then your average trid poster. And if this all seems like to much hassle for two few rewards. Like I said I'm working on something extra, and we're going to the house of an inventor without a moral code. I see no issue at having a peak at his personal designs if we happen to find them laying about. I would suggest the same for the corp but that adds definite more risk on Mac's part that we can handle as it comes."

"For now we just need to do basic recon and get the lay of things. I suggest we start with V&W for now since we can find their plans on the matrix."

pringerbeam

After checking the sights on the gun while Zephyr talked, Roland set down the assembled gun and picked up its magazine to begin loading.  "Everyone has a moral code.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its not there so cool those engines flyboy.  He's as much a man as you or me... presumably..."  Roland waved the magazine around in a small circle for emphasis before pressing a bullet into the clip.  "Given the circumstances, we need to find out if there are any copies of this product but not a lot of time to track them down ourselves so we have to go to the source of which there are two.  Now, I have confidence that Mac can root through the corp's files for any digital copies while we are on site but what about additional physical copies that our client's friend may have created?  I was not suggesting that we TAKE him anywhere.  We wouldn't have the time for something like that.  Setting up an end point for a kidnapping is too much work and time we don't have.  All I was suggesting was a quick on-site interrogation of the target to discern any copies we may have missed with an offer to the client for a desirable level of violence in exchange for a minor bonus, not much difference from pillaging paydata."  Roland finished loading the magazine and set it down on the table in the growing row of cleaned equipment.  Roland's souring mood perked up as he moved on to begin cleaning the parts of his old Nitama Sporter.  "So if we are not going to interrogate the target then how do you propose we ensure no duplicates exist?  You are the one that said you offer your clients the full package."

Mysticsage

"I'm not saying rob the guy blind here. I'm not that cruel."Zephyr said somewhat hurt "but finding any physical copies is simple any half decent Mage with a decent memory could do it. I assume you know about Auras? The emotional energy every living thing radiates on the astral plane. Well each Aura is unique and leaves residue espically during moments when emotions are high. Sticking in the air on objects for varying amounts of time depending on the intensity of the emotion. I'm going to say that making a copy of one's prized stolen goods is somewhat stress inducing and that I doubt he would pay an outside Mage a massive fee to have his goods scrubed. So using his matrix history ,his habits, and my degree in psychology we can limit the search tremendously. From there all it takes is knowledge of his aura and bam we can comfortably get every physical copy. if we're also lucky enough that He used a machine to make the copies and not by hand, which I think we just might be. Getting access to his files will give us a clear number to look for.

pringerbeam

Roland polished the lens of the smartlink camera.  "Actually all I know about auras is that mages like to get up my ass about them.  Sounds like a nifty ability if a bit dull.  Anyways, just doing my due diligence."  He looked at his reflection in the lens, inspecting it for scratches before setting it down and beginning to assemble the gun.  I should check with Craig on that sometime...  Roland continued to put the gun together as he proceeded to ask:  "So what's the recon plan?"

Mysticsage

"We have to play that part by ear." Zephyr shrugged, "I won't know specifics till we see things in person or at least a floor plan over the matrix. Like I said before though I think getting a look at the V&W offices first is our best bet while I go deal with what needs to be dealt with before we finish this job. Just don't draw any attention to yourselves and everything should be alright. Just don't let the clock start ahead of time. If people get suspicious before we want them to we are in for some serious headaches." Looking at his watch he sucked in a sharp breath. "I need to get going, the longer I take the more time this could fall apart. I'll contact you both once I can meet up with you probably in an a few hours." With that he rushed out the door before anyone had a chance to stop him. He was headed off to the paper lantern

pringerbeam

"Well that seems to have closed the meeting.  Guess I'll head home and try and catch some Zs before the field trip.  Any idea why he's so rushed?" Asked Roland as he put his gun together.  Finishing, he booted up the smartgun system and closed his eyes letting the feel of the gun tell him whether he had made a mistake during reassembly then checking the smartlink display to make sure all systems were green.

Oath

Can't say for sure myself. Maybe he picked up some bad food from Stuffer Shack. You wanna take care of the floor plans while I look into our client's backstabing partner, maybe after that we can meet up to check out the site on foot. Not really my forte, but you gotta break eggs if you're gonna make an omelet or something like that."

pringerbeam

Roland returned his sporter in its concealed holster.  "Uh yeah I guess I can take a shot at seeing what kinda stuff they have publicly available."  Roland stood up and picked one of the streetline specials up and slotted its magazine.  He chambered a round ad stuck the gun in one of his jacket pockets.  "Speaking of food, I should probably get some solids in."  Picking up and loading the other two specials he stuck them back into the case they came in before packing up his maintenance kit.  He stuck one of the cases under his arm, holding the other case with is hand.  Opening the door with his free hand he turned to Machiavelli.  "Need a ride anywhere?  Otherwise I'll catch you later."

Oath

"Nah, I drove myself today. You know, official business and all that. I'll get to crackin' on this guy and when I find something I'll let you guys know. If you need a hand casing the place give me a call." Machiavelli gave a short bow and collected some of his tech that had been on the table.

pringerbeam

"Alright, I'll see you later."  Roland walked out of the room and made a quick round of yakuza around the establishment before heading out to El Diablo.  He returned his maintenance kit to its spot then opened up the case with the two streetline specials.  One he placed in the storage under the seats, the other he stowed in the smuggling compartment.  Getting into the drivers seat, Roland took the special out of his pants' pocket and stowed it in the glove compartment while he turned on the engine and let the autopilot take him into traffic.  Thinking to himself: Guess I'm going to want to get some sleep while I can.  He let himself doze with the seat leaned back on the way back to his house.
     To the tune of the autopilot informing him of his arrival home, Roland woke from his short nap.  He made his way into his house, plugging his comlink into his datajack to begin surfing the matrix for information on the V&W local headquarters.  While doing so he undressed and headed into the bathroom where he paused his search to take a quick shower.  Resuming his search he sat back on his bed and tried to see what he could pickup while he waited for sortie instructions to arrive.  His hopes and dreams of exciting gunfights dancing through his brain as he researched.

[info]Computer Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]
Looking for Information on the extraterritoriality status of V&W, whether they contract security, public access maps/info, and the local street layout.[/info]

Mysticsage

Zephyr headed quickly to the paper lantern it would take him the better part of an hour with traffic to reach the crimson door. He knew Kyoko was expecting him at least, which was somewhat helpful He did not bother thinking about the possibility of her refusing, If he portrayed confidence it would be that much easier to persuade her. He went inside with none of his rushed demenor looked over the state of the first floor. Nodded at who ever was cleaning the bar and moved to the back to find their boos curious in what state he might find her.

InhumanRonin

"Alright Tora Ishikawa I will head that way here in a moment. Looking forward to seeing what we are working with cause it would seem unwise for them to come into our turf to cause problems." Takumi hangs up the call and pays the barkeep for the 2 drinks he ordered. Takumi then walks over to the door grabs his helmet and heads out side to his bike and heads towards Ishikawa Sushi
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon