[Lynnette] Belvedere Apartments

Started by Oath, May 29, 2015, 12:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/fOJ10tjinmc&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

A one room apartment among many in Brooklyn's Greenpoint neighborhood. It's a nice place to live, isn't too quiet, and people leave you alone. The interior of the apartment is simple enough. A couch, a tv, a dining table with a couple chairs, and a computer. A full kitchen, with smooth-tiled counter tops, and a nice new stove. A full bathroom. A simple bedroom consisting of a fold-out bed, a nightstand, and a walk in closet with a dresser inside. Under the bed, various magic symbols are etched into the floor.

Oath

Lynnette walked into the apartment and let out a sigh. She was in a hurry today so she didn't have time to enjoy her meal, and had to pick up something to go. The teriyaki shop close to her apartment wasn't bad, but it also wasn't fancy. She set down her styrofoam take-out box and hung her coat up before sitting down to eat. After finishing about half of the food, Lynnette grabbed a knife from the kitchen and walked into the bedroom.

The bed was already folded up into the wall, the intricate magic circle on the floor ready to be used. Lynnette procured a piece of paper from her pocket, and seemed to study it a few moments before sliding it back into that same pocket. She took a deep breath, and made a small cut in her hand, wincing as some blood dripped out and into the circle. Then beginning her incantation:

"I call for your blade,
Free to glide through the shadows.
The blade that has solved many conflicts.
Unseen, unheard, unknown.
The mind that is unshakable.
Calming guiding every action.
O, Heroic Spirit I summon thee.
With the hopes that you obey my will.
Together through subterfuge we can claim our dreams.
And together grasp the Grail."

Mumble Dragon

As the drop of blood fell upon the magic circle, faint arcs of magic began to resonate through the small bedroom. Through the incantation, these senses of magic began to fluctuate more and more, eventually resonating with everything around. As the final words fell, the lights began to flicker, shadows beginning to dance along the wall. Magic ignited through the air, swelling up through the magic circle on the ground, bolts of smoke began to rise and spread along the ceiling. Shadows along the walls and deep corners began to stretch out over the walls, each reaching out toward the enchanted circle.

Energy crackled through the air as the smoke began to coil in the center of the room. Swirling in a clockwise motion, it slowly gained momentum as it churned and spat. Loose objects began to lift into the air, away from their resting places as the magic was now in full swing. With a swift pulse the energy in the room seemed to condense toward the center, until finally exploding outward, clearing the smoke.

From the remnants of the magic circle, stood a shadowy figure of a man. His nearly six foot height stood before the young summoner, arms crossed. Resembling of what could only be thought of as a ninja, he was fully dressed in a medium armor looking setup, pouches and small weapons stashed strategically across his body. He wore his cowl down, revealing short deep brown hair, and ancient brown eyes. Quickly addressing the room around him, he shifted his gaze to the young girl. Lowering himself to a knee, he bowed to his new master, lowering his head in respect. "If it was you who summoned me to this world through this binding ritual, then I am to assume that you will be my master through this perilous game."