Chapter 1: Journey's Start

Started by Throndir, December 30, 2014, 11:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Sienna
A young Pidgy in your arms cooed softly. It was wounded; attacked by a mass of Rattatas which you helped fend off while on the road to the city. It took a good amount of walking at a quick pace, but you finally made it. There it was; Viridian City. The first step in your journey. You had visited here often in the past but only for errands, or whenever you and your family had decided to visit the city, rare as it was considering the fact they preferred you to be indoors and studying. However, this time was different. This time it wasn't some errand, or shopping trip, or any of the other more mundane reason. This time it was to escape; the books, staying indoors, reading over and over again. Escape, that's what it was.

The Pidgy cooed again and you glanced worriedly down at him. It wasn't just escape, you realized too it was for Pok?mon.

You got out of the way as a bus rolled on through. The road between Pallet town and Viridian city was a quiet one, and though you had seen some people on their own business, it was only after you started nearing the city did more civilization appear. First larger roads as they interconnected from busier lines, then that bus, being the first. There was a logo on the bus, one that you seem to recall reading about before, it read
Xan Academy.

People who want to enter from the Xan Academy
The luxury ride was almost too good to pass up. Xan Academy was located on the outskirts of Celadon city, and the long ride eastwards to the Viridian city only made you that much more comfortable and settled on the comfy chairs. But an assignment was an assignment. It wasn't that frequently that students were allowed extravagant rides to their destination, but Ms. Firestart, their Assignments teacher, couldn't help but spend some of the classes budget earlier on. You realize it was probably because the new teacher wanted to leave a good impression on her students.

The bus rolled to a stop, just outside the perimeters to the city.

"Well, here we are. Glad I can be your bus driver for the day." With that the man opened the bus' doors.

Everyone else
Viridian city was a smaller city, though still sprawling as compared to the various towns in the region. For reasons of your own have you decided to make your way here. The city is well equipped to handle travelers, though unlike the bigger cities does not have any sort of large shopping center. Other than the basics, such as a simple Pok?mart, the Pok?mon Center, or other shops, you recall that Viridian city had their own sort of Academy as well, though not as well-known as the Xan Academy.

QuoteNo specific goals other than what the players create for themselves (which perhaps/hopefully is doing the league journey). I'll introduce story things and encounters to move things along however.

If your character was from Xan Academy, you do not need to enter by bus, basically, anything works.

Linwelin

So this is Viridian city, huh?

Daniel thought while looking around at the scattered buildings, with Bolt standing on Dan's backpack and sprawling on top of his head. It was a lot small than he'd expected. Though it still trumped Pallet town in size, which he got to see after a small charter ferry had brought him into the small port there, he'd certainly seen more grand cities. Nonetheless, he was excited to be in the Kanto region. Though originally from Sinnoh, Daniel wanted a completely new land to venture through and improve himself as a trainer.

But before he could get any sort of head-start on his journey, he needed to re-stock. His sweets-glutton of a partner had left them with very plain supplies, plus he was hoping to dabble in recipes with new ingredients. Either way, he was heading to the market, then the pokemart so he was ready for the trip. He was excited, and could somewhat sense that Bolt was equally pumped. Though Bolt may have been pumped to get more food.

What he would do to have a partner that DIDN'T eat all his supplies.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Erynn

Sienna moved quickly along the road into the city, heading straight for one of the places her parents would least want her to be; The Pokemon Center. Coughing some as the diesel fumes from the tailpipe on the bus reach her airways, she quickly winds her way through the streets, dodging other pedestrians and cyclists as she goes. It isn't until she encounters a newcomer to the city that her reflexes fail her.

One man, standing stock still in the middle of the sidewalk taking in the sights had suddenly started up moving again the very instant Sienna went to dodge around him, causing her to entangle her feet with his. Suddenly, the ground approaches all too rapidly, and Sienna barely has time to turn herself so that she lands on her back instead of flattening the pidgey she was carrying. Unfortunately, the impromptu maneuver sees her head smacking the concrete hard.

"Owwwww....."
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Burdenking

Oreah walked through the Kanto regions Veridian city, her Abra riding along on her shoulders. She had come here with an assignment from the academy to participate in the pokemon journey, but Oreah had to start the journey on her own time anyways. So, she looked for pokemon trainers to fight, routes to venture into, and information she could find on the local gym.

Linwelin

Now let's see, the mart in Viridian City is...THIS way! Daniel thought to himself, looking back and forth between his map and the nearby landmarks. So, as soon as he'd put his map away, Daniel began marching off down the block.

At least that's what he'd expected to do. But with his first step, he immediately collided with a stranger who'd been trying to dodge around him. This of course, sent the both of them toppling to the ground. As Bolt had much better reflexes than Daniel, he safely hopped off and more-or-less watched Daniel collapse clumsily to the ground along with the stranger. Luckily enough, he caught himself with his hands, leaving a rather painful sting on both palms and knees, but luckily no blood. Looking over, he saw that the girl he'd run into was not quite so lucky as him. She'd fallen on her back squarely, and seemed to have slammed her head. To make matters even worse, and more awkward for Daniel. She seems to have been carrying an injured pokemon.

He quickly scrambles to his knees and crawls over to help the girl out, hoping she wasn't injured. Daniel quickly started apologizing, floundering somewhat at he sudden turn of events. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching my surroundings well, are you alright!?" Bolt, likewise, came up beside the girl and nudged her a little before looking up at Dan, concerned.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Grey was close by when the larger man had collided with the girl. He ran his fingers through his dark hair slightly before walking over. "You two need help?" he asked he had only just gotten off the bus from the academy and started wondering around when he had seen the collision. People were already staring and whispering at the strange scene. Such situations could quickly turn into a messy misunderstanding and Grey could sense that the other man meant no harm.

"I have a first aid kit and have studied a little bit of medicine." He was now sitting on the other side of the girl as the man tried to herlp She had hit her head pretty hard and his medical training kicked in. Using his bag as a pillow he propped her up and used a small key chain flashlight to check to see her response times. "You okay miss you hit your head pretty hard there." Her  eyes seemed to react to the stimuli fine so no major damage. Though he could see a nasty looking scrap on the back of her head. Pulling out some bandages and some antiseptic spray he went about bandaging her up as best he could in the moment.

He would start tending to the pidgeys needs once he knew she was responsive and alert. Once I'm done checking these two over I can do something for your hands mister... wait don't i know you from somewhere?" he asked now looking at his face better. Yeah he was also a survivor of the saint Jude.

Burdenking

Oreah, deciding that standing in the middle of a city wasn't how she would be progressing in her journey. So, with a well rested body and mind, she stepped forth from the city into the the routes, hoping to face trainers or pokemon to bring her strength and help her along the way to becoming the savior of her culture.