Setting

Started by Throndir, December 18, 2014, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

If you may recall, I had once posted about getting ideas for a Pok?mon RP. We had some votes, but in the end I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to run. So I decided why not create a setting where we can run all of them if we so wanted. This is the result.

Please note I'm not very up-to-date on my Pok?mon lore, even though I'm the GM. At the very least I don't mention legendaries, since those have a tendency to have world-changing powers. If ever I get caught up with all the movies, and lore, I'll change things as possible and makes sense with what's already written.

The setting will be divided into different sections as follows.

Pre-Apocalypse
In this setting, it would be more akin to the normal Pok?mon world you know and love. Trainers are going about their business to be the very best, criminal teams are out about furthering their agenda, for the most Pokemon live in harmony with the rest. Roleplays in this setting will have the hints of apocalypse coming. Rumors, sightings, and just the very beginnings of the darkness that encroaches the land. It will delve on how these people and trainers of this era deal with changes coming, and what they do to attempt to stop it, though ultimately, failing.

Post-Apocalypse
After the events dubbed 'apocalypse' is in its full blown glory, we have this particular setting. A large percentage of wild Pok?mon have become 'dark' - Unnatural forms of their previous selves. There are still regular Pokemon, though they've taken into hiding, and avoiding contact with others. Trainers make do with the devastation around them. Ruined buildings, hostile groups, and survival stories would be common in this setting.

Rebirth
This particular setting would be near the end of the post-apocalypse era. Roleplays in this setting would be few, and nearer the end of when I believe enough stories about this Pok?mon world have come to pass, and it feels right to start wrapping up the roleplays. Though the stories are few, these potentially give the most impact as they end the stories. The fact of the matter, given the expected activity of our forums, this setting probably wouldn't be touched until a couple of years from now, if ever.

Sounds cool? Great, let's head to character creation.