[IC] Jesting Jesters vs Samurai Head-Hunters

Started by Throndir, August 10, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Wolfrin Fenris

[spoiler]OOC: I'm unsure what's going on. Has a new round started? Should we all post again? Sorry, but I and the others of SHH weren't sure if we're waiting for the dm to do input or if we should just continue XD[/spoiler]
BEEP

Mysticsage

[spoiler]Yeah a new round has started XD always assume when i say the traps reset i mean a new round starts ^.^[/spoiler]

Wolfrin Fenris

This spell is amazing, Wolfrin thought. Don't forget that you still haven't seen any enemies, a voice in his head seemed to tell him. Though his vision was black and white, it was sharp, and he tried to watch every direction at once.

Almost right after leaving his ally stooped in darkness, he  saw a dim light appear where the fellow had been. Looking back he saw the man advance forward, nearly into the patch of complete darkness. He seemed to pause there, but his movement had brought him close enough to throw light across Buddy and Wolfrin.

The light did not hurt his eyes, exactly, but it was not pleasant to be so near either. He thought about shrinking farther into the shadows, but he was unskilled in such things, and at the rate Buddy had been growing, he doubted very much that his companion could successfully join him in the darkness. He tried to look past the light, to find the woman who had disappeared nearly as soon as the match had begun, but was unable to locate her. Shrugging, he turned his gaze forward once more, content in the knowledge that with his spell, he would see enemies approaching before they saw him. Besides, he figured, any enemies that may come from my right will surely target someone visible such as the samurai before looking for me.

He was just about to signal to Buddy that they would advance forward when light suddenly burst to life some ways ahead of him. The suddenness of the light momentarily blinded him, and when his eyes were able to adjust, he saw a small rod glowing brightly in the middle of the floor. "Damnit," he cursed softly. His enemies were clever. The light was close enough to bathe the nearby wall on one side, and reached, as near as his eyes could tell, right to the edge of the area darkness. And he did not trust the complete darkness, he would be less than helpless inside. He would not be catching anyone unawares. Except perhaps the samurai, the voice sounded in his head. He chuckled softly.

He sat a moment, considering the light ahead. He could advance, he knew, but his enemies would spot him before he would spot them. Much better to wait and see who, or what, came his way. Stepping to the left slowly, he made his way to the wall while taking out his bow, sticking to the half-shadows; Buddy following just behind him. He motioned a hand signal to his companion, and, knowing that if anyone came close Buddy's fangs would meet them, he felt the elvish script under his fingers as he knocked an arrow and half drew the bow. His eyes glazed with memory as thought of his mother once more, but he quickly focused his attention forward. No time for that now. His eyes scanned the area ahead, ready to loose his shot at the first target to present itself.

[spoiler]Wolfrin moves to A7 while drawing his bow as part of his move action. Buddy moves with him, to B/C 8/9. I take 10 on a handle animal check to tell Buddy to Guard me as a free action. Then I ready an action to fire my bow at the first member of Jesting Jesters that enters my field of vision.[/spoiler]
BEEP

Throndir

QuoteCrux is in bright light. Katrias, Wolfrin, Buddy, Ollete, and Dahlia are in shadowy light. Katia is still in complete darkness.

Burdenking

After using all of the oxygen in her lungs, Ollete had to take in a deep breath as she laid on the floor. After a second, she hopped back onto her feet carefully and stood. She then saw the glowing area of light, and smiled, walking to the edge of the wall and reading her Urumi for an opening attack.

[spoiler]Move to 5-E, hiding behind wall. Readied attack against firs t person to come into visual range of Ollete[/spoiler]

freaks2526

Dahlia looks around and notices that she is alone. She couldn't be more happy that her so called team mates actually stayed out of her way. "At last I don't have to baby sit anymore." With that thought in mind Dahlia pulled out her Scythe and padded forward, eyes searching for traps, ready for what awaits her.

[spoiler]Move to I-7, Search for traps within 10 ft radius with -8 to roll.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteLeft to move: Katia, Crux, Wolfrin (to trigger attack), Dahlia (use another move action, or a standard action).

Wolfrin Fenris

His eyes searching for a target, he saw her move into the light almost immediately. The dark figure held an odd whip-like sword. No matter, he thought.

Alanas Memoir made a loud twang as he loosed the arrow at the enemy.

[spoiler]Attack roll with Alanas Memoir [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 5 + 7, total 12[/blockquote]
Damage roll incase it hits [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
BEEP

omnicrux

As crux kept heading forward he noticed that there was not any light passing this one spot in front of him, he touches the wall, and  as he looks left he finds buddy , his ally's pet. He is happy to see that it is ok and unharmed, but he looks tense like its ready for a fight.he draws his sword. he runs passing the dark wall but keeping it to his side to make sure he does not get flanked. with sword in hand he is ready for whatever comes at him.After moving to this position he sees an enemy from the jesting jesters. He now sees why his ally was ready to fight. He swings his katana at the jester.

[spoiler]Move to D6[/spoiler]

Katrias Lyseer

Just as the bolt of arrow sped towards her comrade Ollete, missing its mark completely, Katrias saw her chance. She had seen some sort of figure in the shadowy darkness, but with the confirmation of the arrow speeding harmlessly away, Katrias was more easily able to narrow down where it had come from. Just beyond the reach of her first sunrod, something was there.

She threw her next sunrod near the edge of light her first one created, but instead of preparing another sunrod, Katrias began casting a spell. When she was done, a mist started enveloping the area where she had thrown her second sunrod.

"Ollete, you better watch your step. Don't breathe in that gas." Katrias said outloud, she knew the spell's range was just beyond her, but with how Ollete usually was, she thought it best to warn her companion.

[spoiler]5 ft. step to H3.
Move: Throw sunrod at A6. It's a full 4 range increments away.
Standard action: Cast Kelgor's Grave Mist at A7

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-4 : 18 - 4, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if miss 1d8 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

QuoteKelgore?s Grave Mist
Conjuration/Necromancy [Cold]
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: 20-ft. radius spread, 20 ft. high
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: See text
With a gesture, you create a cloud of
clammy, thin mist. The light in the area
seems to dim as the mist appears, and a
slight wind washes over the area, sending
a chill down your spine.
This spell creates a thin mist within the
spell?s area. The mist is too thin to have
any effect on vision, but the necroman-
tic energy infused within it hampers
the living. All living creatures within
the mist become fatigued and take 1d6
points of cold damage per round. If the
spell fails to overcome a creature?s spell
resistance, the subject takes the cold
damage but ignores the fatigue.
Material Component: A handful of dirt
taken from a graveyard or tomb.

If I need to roll damage, let me know Mystic. XP

[/spoiler]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

omnicrux

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteKatia's spell triggered on Dahlia.

Left to move: Ollete, Wolfrin, Crux, Katia, Dahlia

Burdenking

Ollete felt the wind tear apart as the arrow flew by her face, the sudden change making her jump not of fear but of excitement. She quickly realized where she was, seeing the enemy taking positions to attack her. With a small giggle that echoed out throughout the room, Ollete jumped back into the darkness, the sound of sheet metal going out as it prepared to strike at her enemies should they try anything. She loved that sound, and couldn't contain her giggles as they came out, shaking out the Urumi like a ribbon, preparing it for its long range strikes as its movements made the air sing around it.

[spoiler]Moves to 4 G and prepares to attack as soon as she see an enemy within range, this being 10 feet from her.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Changing Katia sudden pit to Clinging Shadows for reference reasons

[spoiler] Clinging Shadows [[3.5e Conjuration (Creation) Spells|Conjuration (Creation)]] [Darkness]
Level:    Phantom 3
Casting time:    1 standard action
Range:    Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area:    20 ft. radius emanation
Duration:    1 round/level
Saving Throw:    Reflex negates; see text
Spell Resistance:    Yes

You call forth shadows that grab and pull at anything that moves through the area you designate. Any creature in the area or that enters the affected area on it's turn must make a reflex save or become immobilized. Any creature that begins its round immobilized may attempt a reflex save to end the condition. Attempting a reflex save takes a full-round action. If a creature succeeds on its reflex save to break free, it must succeed on another reflex save at the beginning of its next turn or succumb to the shadows again. [/spoiler]

As Dahila stepped around the corner she suddenly felt gripping tendrils slither their way around her trying to entrap her as well as a soft click and the burns of flames as she went

please make 2 reflex saves

As Buddy went across the stage do to his size he had a much more difficult time trying to avoid the tap and managed to step on a posion trap along the way.

Make a reflex save of DC 15 with Buddy or become paralyzed.   

"Things were not getting any easier for the Samurai's it seems!" cried the female announcer

"Is this where we see our first death of the competition?! It seems that three of the the team have ended up right in the shop keepers trap!"

[spoiler]Damage rolls
Wolfrin, Crux, and Buddy become fatigued and take

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

New round six more traps are placed.