[Closed] Rivals

Started by Throndir, November 12, 2013, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The sounds of bells rung clearly and loudly, echoing throughout the entire city of Ternadan. The sound was deep, rich, and vibrant. Everyone knew what the sound was, it was the emergency alarm set up to alert the inhabitants if something was going wrong.

It didn't take long to find out what has caused the alarms to go off. Skeletons of all sizes and types were roaming in the city. Who had created them no one knew, but what they did know was that they started attacking any citizen who drew too closely. In a large and bustling city like Ternadan, the skeletons had more than enough targets to choose from. Which in turn had caused many of the citizens to flee in fear. Indeed, as shouts of alarm and as guards were being drawn up to the commotion, it looked as if the whole town was in a panic.

Except of course, the Guild of Galas'nor, who among others, readied themselves the moment the alarms were sounded and had begun preparing parties to head out into the city to take care of the undead.

"Let's show 'em what we got lads!" A large booming voice proclaimed, one of the members of the guild. There was a short cheer as the groups formed and parties created.

QuoteRivals
Primary DM: Throndir
Max players: 6
Suggested players: 2-4
Suggested level: 1
Max level: 3
Length: Very short
Summary: Multiple fights
Goal: Kill all the skellies
Rewards:
500 coins (split between the party)
500 exp (split between the party)

Oath

Ryine was casually sitting at the bar taking a long slow sip from his mug of ale as the alarm sounded.  Stretching, he places his mug gently back on the table, looking at it longingly.

"A good brew will have to wait, the safety of the city comes first."

Thinking it has been a while since he had seen any combat, he searches the room to see if any of the familiar faces of the guildmates that he had adventured with in the past. Either way, Ryine starts to don his breastplate, fix his shield to the proper location and strap his sword back around his waist. Then proceeds to head towards the exit, gathering anyone who is willing to come on his way while shouting

"Everyone, we must help the townsfolk, they cannot protect themselves from this menace, so it falls to us those with the strength to fight to protect those that are otherwise defenseless. It may not carry the same amount of glory as finding a lost horde of treasure, but it will at the very least generate some more positive feelings towards our establishment!"

The moment his speech is over, Ryine slams the door open and charges out into the city.

Mysticsage

This was his chance thought Kryas the half-elf was still new to the guild and had yet to truly prove his worth to any of the others. This was more than a perfect opportunity to begin involving himself in the guilds activities. It had only been a week since he had made his first appearance in the guild and he has getting ancy for some entertainment the horde of skeletons sounded like it would fit the bill nicely.

"Maybe, I'll be able to have some fun while I'm at it and make something interesting happen." He smirked eyes sparkling slightly. straightening his leather jacket and his pointed hat he sat forward. Then he saw and heard the fighter at the bar. His first real target he supposed in his journey. Standing up he grabbed some of his equipment and began moving out the door.

"Goddess bless me in my endeavors" he whispered before quickly jogging out the bar and calling to the man

"You mind if I tag along? looks like you could use some help."

Linwelin

It really never is an easy day, is it? Vladimir thought to to himself. He was already sprinting outdoors, ducking low as he ran, his footsteps soft, almost like whispers. Well, it's the least I can do. This town has given me a place to call home, even though I'm...different. Well, not that many really notice. He smirked wistfully to himself, and muttered under his breath, "I wonder how long it will last..."

Without a word, he was among his guildmates, weapons drawn, poised with his rapier, and defensively wielding his kukri; he was ready to fight for his new home.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neko

Aria's violet eyes fluttered open, the sound of a bell startling her out of slumber. She had been napping just outside the guild hall. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she made her way toward the voices of her fellow guild members, a yawn escaping her lips. Although the elf hadn't been around long, she knew the bell generally meant trouble. She had also been hoping for a chance to take part in something with the others, considering she'd mainly been doing things on her own.

Aria quietly stood near her guildmates - a bow on her back, a Falchion at her belt. She had seen Ryine around before, Vladimir as well...but had yet to speak to either of them. The other man, however, was new to her. A half elf perhaps? Aria nodded as Ryine spoke, quietly admiring his speech. Helping people was something the elf enjoyed, even if she never said so. She followed after him, ready to fight.

Lance

The bells were loud, the yells defeaning. Activity flooded throughout every foreseeable corner of the modest guild hall of Galas'Nor. Though they may have suffered setbacks time and time again, the guild was anything but resigned. And now, the guild mates were busy making whatever preparations were necessary for their latest job. From an average run-of-the-mill warrior strapping on his average run-of-the-mill armor to a spellcaster robotically casting the same set of enhancements over and over again, everyone played their part. From the most seasoned of veterans down to the freshest of recruits, the guild members looked on to this latest event with great anticipation and excitement. That is, all but one.

Lyolf groaned while plopped down atop one of the guild's many seated tables. He had chosen a corner seat as was his newly acquired habit. From here, he could grab some much needed sleep while, at the same time, keep tabs on the elusive mission board. He had let too many promising opportunities pass him by again and again before, with other guild members snatching away the job before he even had the chance. Even now, he could still vividly recall that time a fortnight ago, when he came to the guild hall dreary-eyed and still half-asleep.

The first suitable (suitable for him, anyways) jobs in ages had finally been issued to Galas'Nor, however humble they were. From a call to rid some foresthome of a handful of goblins to some help asked in reversing a polymorph self spell gone awry, the new jobs provided a great opportunity for an initiate mage, even one as half-baked as he. But just as he was rubbing the morning drowsiness from his eyes, a literal horde of recruits swept past him, kicking up dust and overturning tables and chairs as they plunged towards a chance to prove themselves. Lyolf could only watch surprised as every available job listing was snatched up and taken before his very eyes. His face met with palm, however, when an apparent fighter bearing no magical energies whatsoever took up the job to reverse the polymorph spell. To be honest though, Lyolf still wonders how that turned out.

Regardless, this time... this time he swore: when the next set of promising missions came in, he'd be the first to find them. And to accept them. That said, a great deal of time had passed since he made that personal oath and to no avail. No promising new missions came. In fact, hardly any missions came at all. No evil goblins harassed the townsfolk and no clumsy mages accidently transformed themselves into chickens. At least, no news of such things reached the mission board of Galas'Nor.

It was a rare, but pleasant time of peace. Merchants would cross long, often hazardous trade routes with hardly a scratch. Adventurers would barge into some rumured necromantic dungeon only to find it empty. Altogether, the peace brought a sudden prosperity to the city. But life in the guild grew stale. In time, it ate away at Lyolf. Sometimes, he would wish for something exciting to happen, sometimes he would wish for something new.

But sometimes... sometimes, it sucks to have your wishes answered.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

InhumanRonin

*Ding* *Dong* The hell is all this *ding* commotion outside *dong* I think to myself as I awaken from my brief slumber long nights on the streets can be hard on a young rogue. After getting out of bed and looking out my window I see what looks to be some of the guild members seem to be assembling in the streets. I decide to make my way outside to my surprise I hear a man giving a very rousing speech. But I think is would be best if i lay low in the shadows until i can get a better idea of the crisis this town may be about to face.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

jammermoore

After some early morning training in the wood I can hear the bells ringing in town. So I start heading towards the bells wondering whats going on, as I get closer to town I see guards running around going mad. I stop one and ask him
QuoteWhy are you running around like a madman? Get a grip and tell me whats going on!
The guard fills me in on the details and I stand ready to defend the city at a moment notice.

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal was returning from another one of his scientific expeditions and upon arrival was greeted by a maelstrom of sound and screaming from the citizens of Ternadan. The cacophony clearly signified trouble was brewing and Saendal knew that, as a member of the Guild, he must rush to the aid of his allies. It wasn't how he had expected to return to Ternadan, but he thought how boring the world would be otherwise.