[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eireleen

"It's magic." She confirmed, walking past it. "Feel free to take it if you like axes." She didn't much like them, herself. She was unsuited to them. Honestly, she doubted she could even lift the thing, let alone swing it with any skill. It was useless to her.

Branwen completely disregarded both the axe and the cabinet underneath it. She highly doubted the hammer they were looking for would be stored in a small cabinet that looked more suited to holding cooking supplies. No doubt her allies would fawn all over more containers to smash open and pilfer like a toddler with a cookie jar. In the mean time, she would focus on finding what they came here for.

Reaching the other end of the room, she attempted to see what was behind the door on the other side.

[spoiler]Take 10, 17[/spoiler]

Neko

Sophie followed after Branwen, only taking a moment to look at the magical axe. As interested as she was in magic, she knew she'd have no use for the axe herself.

Linwelin

As the weapon enthusiast of the group, Kin, struggling to finally reach the hung weapon, examines the axe in his hands. From what he could tell, it was well crafted, though if it was magic that was bound to be the case. "Well seeing as everyone else seems to think so little of this beauty, I'd be happy to take a few swings with it. Always good to have a spare weapon!" He grins, with eyes that now seem to glow with the thoughts of what he could do with the axe. "Yup, this is mine."

Kin does what he can to wrap the blade, stows it in his pack, and saunters along with the rest of the group, excited for any action that might come their way. "Please, something happen so I can take my mind off this heat..." He mumbles, almost groaning.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Making this post public as I need to get a feel for who's still active or not.[/spoiler]

The party watches as Branwen pushes the next door slightly. Doing it softly and quietly to ensure that the movement would not be heard.

Branwen
As you push the door open and glimpse what was beyond, you see what looks to be a couple of the same fiery dwarves laughing as they threw what looked to be darts towards the burned and dead bodies of the armored dwarven priests who once ran the temple, pinned unceremoniously to the wall. You only had a quick short glimpse, a half-second at most, but it was all you needed.

Unlike the lone dwarf the group had just fought with, there were three of the dwarves in the next room. One looked to be more heavily armored as compared to its companions who wore nothing save for a metallic kilt-like armor.

Linwelin

Kin was anxious. VERY anxious. This was the fourth door Branwen had opened slowly. FOURTH. He was ready to kick this one in, too, but saw she became a bit more tense. He got a little more serious, and excited of course. But at the same time, he couldn't just LET the slow movement slide.

"Come on, Bran-Bran, tell us what's there already! I see you tensed!" Though he exclaimed this, it was in a whispered voice. Bran-Bran! Ha! I gotta use that one more! he thought to himself, amused, and most importantly successfully distracted from the heat!
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Manzokushi

All the mirth and humor that normally held Jorn up was long since past. This horrid heat had torn his once sensible head right off his shoulders. He paced back and forth obviously anxious to be done with the whole ordeal. It took all that remained of his sense to not knock Bran aside and storm into the next room. Something held him back, if nothing else a fleeting respect for his companions. So he waited attempting to reconnect with his memories of the Glade and peace the Goddess could bring to him, if he ever did see the moon again.

He spoke in a ragged voice dried out from the blasted heat, "Kin we should trust Bran's wits here. Even if given the situation I would prefer recklessness to caution."

The elf's eyes had changed from kind and gentle to menacing.

Linwelin

Kin made a slight click with his mouth, looking back. "Of course I trust her, that's why I'm asking! Just wanna get a move on. I mean, gods, we can take on anything here, that's why they HIRED us. Just wish they warned us better about the heat." Kin grumbled, still in a whispered tone. He wanted out. He REALLY wanted out. And if there were enemies behind the door, he wanted to kill them. If he killed them he could get out. They had it coming anyways, so why not NOW. Ugggh, come on, Bran-Bran, suspense is not appreciated right now!

As far as Kin was concerned, he got everything he wanted out of this. Some diced up creatures, a beautiful battleaxe and a new experience in a new environment. That last one he definitely had more than enough of. If this doesn't hurry, or she doesn't say anything, I AM kicking this door in, too...actually that sounds really fun! Meh, I'll give them a chance to beat me to it.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

"Three flaming dwarves. Likely about as friendly as the last." Branwen stated, pulling away from the door. A sneak attack wouldn't be as effective against a group. Putting aside the fact that there were four more eyes and ears to hide from, even if she was able to sneak in and assassinate one of them, there would be two very angry enemies remaining, within close proximity. Not an ideal situation.

"Feel free to charge in, if you wish. I certainly won't stop you." Branwen replied. The halfling looked like a child who really needed to go to the bathroom. "Your effectiveness as a human shield is first rate, if nothing else."

Linwelin

Kin was astonished, "By the Gods, that was a compliment! Sort of. Well, best I'll get from you; for that, no banter or wittiness. I'll just charge." And charge he did. Kick to the door, and a howl for battle as he rushed toward the nearest dwarf.

He mentally marked the dwarf he charged, in case some dodging was in order, but truth be told, he felt his preemptive attack wouldn't be dodged. These dwarves can't jump, after all.

With that thought and a grin, Kin whirled his giant greatsword in a horizontal sweep upon entering the range of the dwarf, aiming to cut him down in one go.

[spoiler]
Set target dwarf as my dodge AC opponent, so I have AC 20 against him, and 19 against the others.

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+5 : 5, 2, 3 + 5, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[spoiler]Spending 2 karma to add 1d6 to that attack roll.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Manzokushi

Jorn followed Ken into the room, attempting maintain the line of battle prowess, mixed with a raging desire to escape the heat.

[Attempting to attack the same target as Ken if not able to, then the nearest dwarf will do.]

Jorn shouted in concert with Ken, "Goddess protect us!"

[spoiler][Adding Orate bonus as it still is being tracked in the prior log]

Dwarf
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote]
if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote]
if crit to confirm
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]

[To maintain focus, if made Jorn has the ability to focus enough to cast a spell. At the expense of 2 Karma for another action.]
Will Save DC 12
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12[/blockquote]

Casting Magic Missile at same target if still alive
[blockquote]Rolled 2d4+2 : 2, 1 + 2, total 5[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The door flew open and Kin rushed out, the party caught the fiery dwarves off guard. Kin quickly dispatched one of the dwarves, but they weren't new to battle, and they quickly mounted a defense, drawing their own weapons as they did so. They struck out, but both of their attacks were easily deflected away.

[spoiler]If you want to apply your levels in this RP. Please say so, and say how much HP you have now.
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 1 begins.
Kin: Attacks and kills. Karma: +6 atk.
Jorn: Misses. Karma: Magic missile.
Fire dwarf 1: Misses.
Fire dwarf 2: Misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Sophie

Damage Dealt
Fire dwarf: 15, dying
Fire dwarf: 5

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Kin Sheel

Branwen
Resistance (Level 0)
Acid Splash (Level 0)
Resistance (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)
Detect Magic (Level 0)

Sophie Cain
Bless (Level 1)
Cure Light Wounds (Level 1)
Orate (ability)

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Party HP - Lethal|Non Lethal
Kin Sheel: 21/22|21/22, orate (2 rounds),
Branwen: 13/14|10/14, resistance (3 rounds), orate (2 rounds),
Sophie Cain: 8/8|6/8, orate (2 rounds),
Jornathal Mithraiian: 5/20|16/20, orate (2 rounds),
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

After doing some awkward parrying and dodging to avoid the dwarves' strikes, Kin locked on to a new target: the heavily armored one. There wasn't any real strategy behind it, he just felt it would be more of a challenge. He kicked up his sword from the ground, sending it in a vertical arch and slicing downward onto the dwarf's head. "One down, two to go!" He shouted as the blade traveled through the air.

[spoiler]
Dodge now applied to the armored dwarf

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  3d6+5 : 5, 3, 5 + 5, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Eireleen

Slipping through the doorway into the dim light, Branwen followed behind her companions, having waited until their charge ended in order to assume proper positioning. She wasn't one to charge in herself unless she was confident that the battle could be ended in a single blow. This was not such a battle - of three enemies, two still remained.

Emerging from the folds of her robe, her kukri sought its way into the dwarf's neck.

[spoiler]Branwen moves 2 Right, 1 Down, stabs the dorf

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote] slashing and [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote] acid[/spoiler]

Eireleen

[spoiler]Crit confirm: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24[/blockquote]

Extra damage: [blockquote]Rolled 1d4+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote] slashing
[/spoiler]