Chapter 3: The Dead

Started by Throndir, January 25, 2016, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"Shoot. Sigon, I'm running on ahead!" Dan sprang into action, calling out Bolt as he ran. "Bolt! Defend that Krabby! Be prepared to use a Spark attack if they swoop in!" Bolt responded to the command and sprinted forward, with Dan trailing behind. Krabby were known to be resilient, so there was a chance Dan could aide it before they got to it.

[info]Dan and Bolt sprint toward the Pokemon, hoping to make it in time.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Lynne
Soon enough your Pokemon returned from their scavenging. This took them a couple hours, and for the most part both Ruby and Deckard had come back with useless items such as articles of clothing, though they did at times come back with bags. Unfortunately most items they had were lost at sea, or were simply too damaged to be of any use. At the very least both Ruby and Deckard managed to create a pile of 'things'. One item looked interesting however, it looked like a pair of goggles.

Eventually Webzy and Honeydew had come back as well. Though they didn't seem to bring any water at all with them. They did however, carry a good amount of fruits with them. They looked to be the same poisonous kind that you had picked up the day before.

[okay]+1 Bandages
+1 Go-Goggles
+1 Questionable Food

Inventory updated.[/okay]Garret
[info]10 karma usage resolved[/info]The first time Hiro had attempted to look for fruits it didn't work so well, however, this time around he traveled further along the coast southwards, and in a few hours time came back with what looked to be a coconut. He waved making sure that Lynne knew, and proceeded about trying to tell the human where he had found it. Koraru however, didn't have as much luck as Hiro, and was not able to find anything of use or value.

Himiko had begin collecting as well, and she helped both Ruby and Deckard with scavenging around the area, specifically underwater, and she eventually brought back what looked to be a potion. Luckily enough it was never used or opened, and was still sealed.

[okay]+1 Food
Potential location of more food
+1 Potion

Inventory updated.[/okay]Dan and Sigon
[info]Dan and Sigon to this thread[/info]
QuoteDaily Survival - Day 3
[spoiler]Daniel: 23 (not fully resolved)
Garret: 14 -4 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = 4
Kram: 11 -2 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Letina: 10 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Sigon: 4 -2 (injuries) -2 (thirsty) = 0
Vinny: 24 (not fully resolved)
Lynne: 11 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 6
Aivil: 6 -1 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = -1[/spoiler]

Total Survival
[spoiler]Daniel: 56
Garret: 4
Kram: 13
Letina: 8
Sigon: 1
Vinny: 64
Lynne: 22
Aivil: 7[/spoiler]

Resources
[spoiler]Daniel
Food: 0
Water: 0
Shelter: Decent 2 Person Shelter (16 completion, left at NE camp.)
Misc: +0 Soil Quality Mound

Garret
Food: 1
Shelter: Bad 1 Person Shelter (9 completion)
Items: Damaged Old Rod, Damaged First Aid Kit
Misc: 3 treeful of logs (+5 completion bonus to shelter)

Kram
Shelter: Bad 4-person Shelter (24 completion)
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Water Filter

Letina
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Sleeping Bag, Damaged Water Filter

Sigon

Vinny

Lynne
Food: 1 Questionable Food
Items: Damaged Tent

Aivil
Items: Damaged Pokedex[/spoiler]

Action Points Drained
[spoiler]Daniel: 0
Garret: 0
Kram: 0
Letina: 0
Sigon: 0
Vinny: 0
Lynne: 0
Aivil: 0[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Daniel Rask: 0,
Kram Niawt: 0, 2 injuries (-1 SATK, -1 SDEF), very thirsty
Letina Rae Deslegeech: 0, 1 injuries (-1 DEF), thirsty
Vinny Drechsler: 0,
[spoiler]Felix: 49, 3 injuries (-DEF, -ATK, -SDEF), fainted
Treecko: 23,1 injury (-DEF)[/spoiler]

Garret "Grey" Miles: 59, unconscious 4 injuries (-2 DEF, -2 SATK), hungry, very thirsty
Kathos Sigon: 0, 2 injuries (-1 ATK, -1 DEF), thirsty
Lynne Lockley: 0, 1 injuries (-1 SATK), very thirsty
[spoiler]Honeydew: 0,
Webzy: 0, paralyzed
Deckard: 0, 1 injury (-SATK)
Ruby: 0, 1 injuries (-SDEF)[/spoiler]

Aivil: 0, 1 injuries (-1 ATK), hungry, very thirsty
[/spoiler]

Half-Hour Rests Used
Garret: 16
Kram: 6
Lynne: 4
[spoiler]Honeydew: 8,
Webzy: 0
Deckard: 11
Ruby: 15[/spoiler]

Aivil: 4[/spoiler]

Custom Rulings
[spoiler]
  • Hunger status: Hungry (-2 to all accuracy and skill check rolls), Very Hungry (-4 to rolls), Starving (-6 to rolls)
  • Thirst status: Thirsty (-2 to rolls), Very Thirsty (-4 to rolls), Dehydrated (-6 to rolls)
  • Each injury adds +2 hours to actions in the day, and -1 to any Body skill (Acrobatics, Athletics, Combat, Intimidate, Stealth, and Survival)
  • One Survival check per day required, related with how you fare within that day over all.
  • Limits on what could be found on a single day regardless of how often you try.
  • Roll normally, I can add these modifiers myself as they're custom rules.
  • If started new day as this specific status:
  • Hungry, then lose 1/8 HP
  • Very Hungry, then lose 2/8 HP
  • Starving, then lose 3/8 HP
  • Thirsty, then lose 1/5 HP
  • Very Thirsty, then lose 2/5 HP
  • Dehydrated, then lose 3/5 HP
Actions and Time Spent
[spoiler]Note, this list is not exhaustive, and I'll be adding to them as players get creative on what they want to spend their day doing. Also note these are rough times, and I may change any of these depending on situation.
  • Scavenging the beach = 4 hours
  • Scavenging nearby forested areas = 4 hours
  • Sleep = 8 hours (to gain hp bonus rest)
  • Island expedition (one way) = 8 hours
  • Island expedition (there and back again) = 16 hours
  • Building camp = 12 hours
  • Fishing = 4 hours
  • Fire building and maintenance = 4 hours
  • Extended rest = 4 hours
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

The night before, Letina had told herself and her Pokémon that they would spend the day resting. She would do some work around camp that did not require her Pokémon to do anything more than rest and play. It did not make up for letting Coalee and Blaise get knocked out or for hurting the Silcoon, but it was all she had available to provide for them. As Quilz had not been involved in the battle, Letina would keep Quilz with her just in case.

When the next morning came, Letina no longer questioned what she would have to do that day to help around camp. She had failed to notice the additional bodies that had floated to shore the day before, but she noticed them now. There were way more now than there had been that first day when she had forced herself to search for possible survivors and useful items along the beach. The stink of rotting bodies was not a good thing to have so close to camp. Their camp was still fairly close to the beach, after all. She would have to find a way to take care of them. At least the salt from the ocean's waters was helping to somewhat preserve the dead flesh so it did not stink worse.

Knowing she would not be able to keep food down once she was down and among the bodies, Letina decided not to inquire about breakfast. She would need it eventually, considering she was going to be doing physical labor, but it was better to not waste resources.

"Coalee, I hate to ask you, it looks like I will need your help today after all. You can stay here and rest until I am ready, though, okay?" Although Quilz could release fire from her back, Coalee was the only one who could light things on fire effectively at the time being. Letina's new plan was to scavenge from the bodies and then drag them to a safe distance away from camp and plant-life. She would probably need someone's help moving them, considering she was not that strong. Once a pile was too large, they would cremate the bodies. This would help prevent unwanted attention from dangerous creatures and would also prevent those who were still among the living from catching any sort of air-borne disease from the rotting bodies.

"Quilz, you have the sharpest perception. Please help me search the bodies for things that will be useful to our survival. Give anything you find to me." She instructed the Cyndaquil before searching through her gear for something to cover their faces with. It would be hard to fashion something like a medical face mask for Quilz, but Letina would try. She really did not want Quilz catching some sort of sickness from exposure to dead bodies.

Letina had barely started when she realized that she would definitely not be able to drag the bodies by herself. She was growing weak from the minimal food and water. She would ask Vinny, but he had disappeared before she had even woken up. Although Aivil seemed capable enough, the girl was in the same condition as Letina. Not to mention, her stomach probably could not handle this work at all. And Kram was still far too injured for Letina to even think of asking him. Instead, she would have to just do what she could and wait for Vinny to return.

A few hours later, a strange man arrived at camp with another man in tow. He must have been the man who Aivil had spoken of the day before. It appeared she had returned to camp only just after he had left. Letina decided it was time to take a break from her scavenging and see if her suspicions were true. Immediately, he set up cooking gear and showed them how to make water from it. What a great idea! If only they had more cooking supplies in which to do this, they could prepare even more drinkable water to ensure that everyone had plenty. Perhaps they would find more survivors that would have the supplies needed.

When Dan asked for someone to join him in going down the beach in search of survivors, Letina stepped forward. "I have been searching along the beach near our camp, but there are definitely no survivors among the bodies here. I did not find any on the first day, besides Vinny, Aivil, and Kram, either. I went to medical school, so I can help if we find any others. We also need someone who can drag the bodies farther away from camp so that we can cremate them. We already have enough injured people, I don't want anyone getting sick or catching a disease."

Throndir

Letina
[info]Letina to roll Command for Quilz to search bodies.[/info][okay]+1 Trainer Exp for burning bodies suggestion[/okay]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

The Pokemon started to come back to camp. Both hers, and the unconscious man's. She thanked them for for their efforts, it wasn't an easy job to be sure. One of the Pokemon had brought back a Potion, it was unopened. Lynne decided to go for the desperation action. She couldn't take care of this guy much longer before running out of steam herself. So she administered the potion to the boy. "I sure hope this works...

Throndir

Lynne and Garret
[okay]Garret wakes up. Unspecified amount of exp for Garret/Lynne for describing any dreams he had/his injuries/how he was taken cared of, or a scene with something about his condition.[/okay][info]Garret to roll Body skill check (2d6+body attribute), against infection[/info]

Fellow Rabbit

Vinny Drechsler

Vinny awoke to the smell of air. It was so pure. So outdoorsy. So... salty. He opened his eyes and took a deep breath through his nose, exhaling with a great smile. From the edge of his vision, he could see the resting bodies of all his fellow cruisemates. They were sleeping soundly like little baby Magikarps just after a meal. It was comforting to see that at least one of them even blew the same snot bubbles while they slept.

But wait, something was wrong here. A new smell slowly began to waft about. A smell that he didn't find welcome at all. And then it hit him. They were shipwrecked! For a moment, he panicked, but after shuffling through his bag, he realized that this wasn't something he didn't already know. The ship had wrecked days ago. He even helped build the shelter they were resting in. How forgetful of him.

That smell, though. That was definitely new. He rolled out of his sleeping area and crept out of the shelter, greeted by the sun just barely peeking over the horizon. He was up early, apparently already back into the swing of a normal sleep schedule. It was nice, but what wasn't nice was the sight he beheld when he reached the beach.

Bodies.

They littered the shoreline. Fallen trainers and vacationers who were unfortunate enough to fail in their efforts to make it out alive. They had no doubt been lost at sea since the crash and it had taken up till now to finally find their way ashore. How many had survived the initial crash only to drown before finding land? Such a sad sight, but there was nothing that could have been done. And now it was up to the survivors to keep their legacy going by not dying themselves. In some twisted cosmic fashion, they had given their lives so that others might survive. And Vinny would not let that sacrifice go to waste!

With that thought, Vinny jumped to work, checking each of the bodies for valuables and paying his respects to them before moving on to the next. Most apparently weren't trainers and didn't have much of value outside of now-defunct cell phones and loose pocket change, neither of which were of any value on an island. A few of them, however, did have some nice items, like shiny watches that Magikarp would love to look at. And also some more practical items, too.

It took longer than he had hoped, but Vinny managed to search most of the bodies while his fellow castaways slept, which left pretty much nothing to do but search for more food, and that he did. He dropped off his findings back at the shelter and immediately made way for the forest for the second day in a row. His last trip into the wild had been less fruitless than he had hoped for, what with the run-in with the green berry thief and all, so today he felt he would have to double time it to catch up with things. He had four people to help take care of, after all.

Not sure what to roll here, but I think Perception covers most of it. Let me know if there's anything else I should roll. [blockquote]Perception:  2d6-2 : 3, 4 - 2, total 5[/blockquote]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=click for music]
http://youtube.com/v/XklHBPkveYU&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

The past twenty-four hours had been tough on Lynne. After finding this other survivor washed up on the beach, she wasn't sure he was going to make it. But the sad eyes of his Pokemon, out of love and concern for the well-being of their master reinforced the idea that she just couldn't leave him there. She did the best she could with the gear she had on hand, which admittedly was sub-par. She didn't need to be a medical professional to know that the tools she had on hand were not suitable for the task she had at hand. Unable to find water herself, she was feeling the thirst set in. If this guy didn't wake up soon, she'd be in a similar state. His Pokemon were working hard, and it was helpful. Lynne couldn't even begin to imagine the trouble that poor Feebas had went through, dragging their master through the ocean to safety. Without it, surely he would be among the corpses that had finally washed up. The Machop was great too, it cut down a bunch of trees and even brought back coconuts. Lynne would have to get him to show her where to find some more later.

It was all the girl could do to keep the sweat off of the boy's forehead. His clothes had dried over night thanks to the warmth of the fire, though she hadn't tried to re-dress him yet, leaving him cocooned in her sleeping bag. She was afraid to leave him alone, but forced herself to at least try to get some food. She failed at her task, and returned empty-handed to continue tending to the stranger. Lynne had no real items on hand to tend to his injuries, so did what she could with her extra clothing. He was fairly wounded, and she was always under the watchful gaze of his Pokemon.

After her makeshift care for the night, and better part of the morning, Lynne noticed a commotion on the shore. The Feebas had come through again, bringing a sealed potion. She had heard that you could use them on people.. They were safe for Pokemon, so they should be alright for humans too, right? She wished Letina was there. Her cousin would know what to do, she was studying medical stuff. But she wasn't and Lynne didn't know if she'd ever see her again at any rate. Lynne retrieved the potion and made her way back over to the unconscious trainer. She pulled back the sleeping bag, and tried to spray the potion where it looked like he was the most wounded. She replaced the sleeping bag and went to get more cloth to wipe his forehead.

Thirty minutes or so later, Lynne was startled by the sound of a cough. All of the Pokemon came rushing over to see what was going on. The boy had woken up, his eyes were open! Lynne's  voice shook with an overwhelming sense of joy as she shouted. "You're alive!! You're awake! How are you feeling?? Oh. I'm Lynne. I found you on the beach, and you were breathing! I was so surprised. Your Pokemon helped out a lot, make sure to thank them properly." She ran over to the log where his clothes had been set out to dry and brought them back over, setting them next to him. "Your clothes were soaking wet, we were afraid you were going to freeze to death if we didn't do something about them. You'll probably want to put them back on."

Lynne was ecstatic. For the first time since she washed up on shore, something was going well. A boy that was on the brink of death was now concision. There was another person she could work with to survive. In her excitement she forgot a very key question. "Oh yeah! What's your name?" So many different emotions were flowing through her that she could hardly think straight, but she was pretty sure it didn't seem like a dream. It was real. He was alive.

Ella

[spoiler=Letina's Command][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 4, 6 + 2, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/v/ik1P9kkGFIg&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
Grey was in his family garden his father alway enjoyed plants and flowers. He had taught him from an early age about the different meanings behind each bloom. His father always like irises and Hydrangea due to their meanings of unwavering faith and honesty. As he stood form his spot he heard the sound of his family's laughter from an open door behind him. It felt like so long since he had seen any of them and it seemed like they were having such a good time without him. He moved one step towards the house and then suddenly the house was gone replaced only by fields of his family's flowers. He gasped reaching out for what was already gone.

"You will not find what you are looking for there young one." Whipping around he saw someone who looked like his younger sister he was the middle child between two girls. She stood there smiling at him and chuckled "I haven't seen stupidity like yours in quite some time." Being laughed at by his younger sister was not a new experience by along shot. but something seemed off foreign about her as she looked at him almost with a strange curiosity. "You know for someone who was so close to death's door you still have quite a bit of life left in you. The power of youth one supposes."

"You aren't my sister."
Said Grey it was a statement of gut feeling rather then actually knowing it. She looked so much like her. Her clothes the way she had one of father's flowers tied to her hair with a pink ribbon. Even how she bit her lower lip when she was thinking. The statement laugh even harder. As she stepped close that she could touch his face.

"Perhaps i'm not but then this place isn't real either is it?" Suddenly rain began to pour from the sky to the point where the two were now swimming in a petal filled ocean. Grey gasped but did not need to breath as bubbles escaped his mouth. "Swim to the light young one and don't look back.This is not your time." With that Mira disappeared in a dispersion of bubbles leaving him swimming among the petals and a single column of light in the distance. With every ounce of his being he swam towards the beam and stretched as far as he could to reach it with everything he had.

---

He awoke slowly his head throbbing from the sunlight. "Where am I?" He moaned in pain only to see his pokemon quickly flooding his vision. Flashes of what happened on the ship came back to him rapidly. He wanted to sit up  but he couldn't, reaching up to rub H iro's head that was when he noticed a movement of some one else close by.  That was when the questions came in assaulting him like the storm had. His vision was still swimming as she got close to him. He could not even manage to make out the details of her face. He could only manage " Grey, my name is Grey."

Mysticsage

[info]Grey spends the day regaining his senses.

body check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-1 : 4, 4 - 1, total 7[/blockquote]

[/info]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

She looked at the boy who had just awoken, he was clearly shaken. It made sense, he probably had no idea what was going on. "I wish I could tell you. All I know is that the St. Jude sunk, and I ended up washing ashore on this island. Probably what happened to you too, though you look a lot worse than I did. When you think you can move, we should probably try to get inland a little bit. Lynne was glad that he had woken up, hopefully things would get better from here. If she had to stay another night on the beach, that would be alright. But the next day they should really get moving.

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

Sigon awoke to the sound of rustling belongings outside the shelter. He noticed quite quickly that his shoulder was in much better condition as he jerked his body to make sure a wild Pokémon hadn't found camp and begun stealing stuff that looked useful to them. Thankfully, that was not the case. Once he got the entryway of the shelter, he found that it wasn't Pokémon at all. At least not for the most part. It was Daniel packing up everything that had survived the wreckage. The man greeted him.

"Morning, Daniel. I thought you would have slept longer after your long day yesterday. Don't push yourself too hard, now." Sigon began to help him pack up the camp. He'd also released Parfait and Sting to help in whatever way they could, though an egg and a sword had quite limited capacity for this kind of task. Maybe they could provide moral support.

The trek to the other survivors' camp had been largely uneventful and more or less silent. Sigon was focusing mostly on making sure nothing they had packed up fell off of the makeshift sled... thing that they had thrown together for easier transportation. And he figured Dan had his own things to worry about without being distracted by Sigon's attempts to make conversation.

It was then that he was met with a familiar voice.

'Survival casts your skills to test, alone will solace find you.'

It was the voice in his head he had heard just before the ship capsized. He had almost forgotten about it, and in all honesty he had hoped the voice had drowned with the rest of the victims of the crash. Though he enjoyed a good puzzle when it presented itself, here and now was hardly the time to try and decipher a labyrinth of words. Even if the answer to these riddles - if that was what they were - turned out to be helpful, the trouble he felt they would put him through hardly seemed worth it. Especially when there were much more important tasks at hand, like not falling victim to the elements as so many other cruise members had.

He had no choice but to dismiss what the voice had said, primarily on the basis that it sounded like nonsense. At a time like this, being together with the other survivors was the most important thing. They would be able to look after each other better that way. Trying to survive on your own was nothing less than a deathwish, especially given Sigon's ability to fend for himself. In fact, he would have died had it not been for his rescuer Daniel.

'See their selfish drive - depart! The treasure you yearn is here!'

Nonsense. Sigon looked at Daniel, trying to comprehend what about him could possibly be selfish. He had saved Sigon's life! Possibly at the risk of his own. Sigon wasn't sure of the circumstances, but surely this man had sacrificed something, be it medicine or simply just energy, to ensure Sigon made it through the nights.

Sigon did his best to snap out of his thoughts. It could have been the voice's plan all along to merely get Sigon to linger on these ideas and use that to slowly pull him away, but Sigon would have none of it. He looked at the sky. It was bright, though he could still see remnants of the storm along the horizon. He wondered if it was still raging somewhere, perhaps catching other unfortunate ships in its relentless fervor. He truly hoped not.

Soon, he began to see bodies along the beach. The last two days they been shielded from the sight of death as far as he could remember, but it appeared the tides had finally found a place to dump their cargo. All the people who had found themselves in the wreckage and either couldn't swim or otherwise failed their fight to survive were finally reaching shore. His heart dropped as the figures became more clear. There were children among them, some not even ready to become trainers by the looks of them.

His stomach churned and for a moment he thought me might throw up. He had never seen a dead body before, and now all at once he was seeing scores of them and smelling them as they decayed. It was a terrible site, but one he should have expected, knowing that the tides always washed ashore anything that was light enough to float. Though even if he had expected it, he doubted that would have made him feel any better about it. He could see some birds circling overheard, likely waiting for the right time to begin their feast on the deceased. The two trainers were probably making it hard begin their meals.

Sigon had been lost in thought until Dan suddenly began running ahead, dropping his makeshift sled as he slipped away. Sigon only caught half of what he said, but was able to fill in the blanks for the rest. It sounded urgent, and he wondered if he should follow Dan wherever he ran off to, but he was running awfully close to the bodies. Sigon wasn't sure he would be able to retain himself.

But as he started to see what Dan had seen, he suddenly couldn't make up his mind about helping or not. A Krabby had found itself in some trouble and was being attack by flock Wingull. Maybe that was what the birds were circling for! Sigon didn't take Wingull for the scavenging type, but he was sure they were a big fan of seafood. He debated for a moment on whether or not he should help, but the moment he saw Dan getting into trouble, he couldn't hold back anymore. He dropped his sled and ran into the fray. It was his turn to be the rescuer.

"Don't worry, I'm coming!"
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

Vinny
Searching through the bodies you managed to find some random baubles and items they had, even some jewelry though you wondered how much they were worth.

[okay]Sparkly necklace, worth $400. Sheet updated with +$400[/okay]During your journey through the jungle, you didn't run into any wild Pokemon. But you managed to find even more berries and fruits. You had ventured deeper into the island, and you found a lot more than usual. You stuffed your bags as full as you can get them, happy with the results of today's expedition.

[okay]+1 Trainer Exp for Vinny being responsible for once to take care of the other 3 survivors.
+2 Food +2 Water[/okay]Lynne

[okay]+2 Trainer Exp for taking care of Garret[/okay]Letina

You managed to convince Quilz to help you with searching the bodies, and a couple of hours later Quilz returned bringing back some items he had found.

[okay]Found flippers. Sheet updated.[/okay]Garret

[error]Garret is suffering from sickness, -1 to all Body skill rolls (No need to apply this, since its custom)[/error][okay]+2 Trainer Exp for flashback[/okay]

QuoteDaily Survival - Day 3
[spoiler]Daniel: 23 (not fully resolved)
Garret: 14 -4 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = 4
Kram: 11 -2 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Letina: 10 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 5
Sigon: 4 -2 (injuries) -2 (thirsty) = 0
Vinny: 24
Lynne: 11 -1 (injuries) -4 (very thirsty) = 6
Aivil: 6 -1 (injuries) -2 (hungry) -4 (very thirsty) = -1[/spoiler]

Total Survival
[spoiler]Daniel: 56
Garret: 4
Kram: 13
Letina: 8
Sigon: 1
Vinny: 64
Lynne: 22
Aivil: 7[/spoiler]

Resources
[spoiler]Daniel
Misc: +0 Soil Quality Mound

Garret
Items: Damaged Old Rod, Damaged First Aid Kit
Misc: 3 treeful of logs (+5 completion bonus to shelter)

Kram
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Water Filter

Letina
Items: Damaged Tent, Damaged Sleeping Bag, Damaged Water Filter

Sigon

Vinny
Food: 2
Water: 2

Lynne
Food: 1 Questionable Food
Items: Damaged Tent

Aivil
Items: Damaged Pokedex[/spoiler]

Action Points Drained
Garret: 0
Kram: 0
Lynne: 0
Aivil: 0[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Daniel Rask: 0,
Kram Niawt: 0, 2 injuries (-1 SATK, -1 SDEF), very thirsty
Letina Rae Deslegeech: 0, 1 injuries (-1 DEF), thirsty
[spoiler]Coalee: 41, 2 injuries (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Blaise: 47, poisoned, 2 injury (-SATK, -SDEF), fainted
Silcoon 1: 24, caught, 1 injury (-ATK)
Beauty: 12
[/spoiler]

Vinny Drechsler: 0,
[spoiler]Felix: 49, 3 injuries (-DEF, -ATK, -SDEF), fainted
Treecko: 23,1 injury (-DEF)[/spoiler]

Garret "Grey" Miles: 39, 4 injuries (-2 DEF, -2 SATK), hungry, very thirsty, sick (-1 body skill checks)
Kathos Sigon: 0, 2 injuries (-1 ATK, -1 DEF), thirsty
Lynne Lockley: 0, 1 injuries (-1 SATK), very thirsty
[spoiler]Honeydew: 0,
Webzy: 0, paralyzed
Deckard: 0, 1 injury (-SATK)
Ruby: 0, 1 injuries (-SDEF)[/spoiler]

Aivil: 0, 1 injuries (-1 ATK), hungry, very thirsty
[/spoiler]

Half-Hour Rests Used
Garret: 16
Kram: 6
[spoiler]Coalee: 0
Blaise: 0
Silcoon 1: 0
Beauty: 0[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Felix: 0
Treecko: 0)[/spoiler]

Lynne: 4
[spoiler]Honeydew: 8,
Webzy: 0
Deckard: 11
Ruby: 15[/spoiler]

Aivil: 4[/spoiler]

Custom Rulings
[spoiler]
  • Hunger status: Hungry (-2 to all accuracy and skill check rolls), Very Hungry (-4 to rolls), Starving (-6 to rolls)
  • Thirst status: Thirsty (-2 to rolls), Very Thirsty (-4 to rolls), Dehydrated (-6 to rolls)
  • Each injury adds +2 hours to actions in the day, and -1 to any Body skill (Acrobatics, Athletics, Combat, Intimidate, Stealth, and Survival)
  • One Survival check per day required, related with how you fare within that day over all.
  • Limits on what could be found on a single day regardless of how often you try.
  • Roll normally, I can add these modifiers myself as they're custom rules.
  • If started new day as this specific status:
  • Hungry, then lose 1/8 HP
  • Very Hungry, then lose 2/8 HP
  • Starving, then lose 3/8 HP
  • Thirsty, then lose 1/5 HP
  • Very Thirsty, then lose 2/5 HP
  • Dehydrated, then lose 3/5 HP
Actions and Time Spent
[spoiler]Note, this list is not exhaustive, and I'll be adding to them as players get creative on what they want to spend their day doing. Also note these are rough times, and I may change any of these depending on situation.
  • Scavenging the beach = 4 hours
  • Scavenging nearby forested areas = 4 hours
  • Sleep = 8 hours (to gain hp bonus rest)
  • Island expedition (one way) = 8 hours
  • Island expedition (there and back again) = 16 hours
  • Building camp = 12 hours
  • Fishing = 4 hours
  • Fire building and maintenance = 4 hours
  • Extended rest = 4 hours
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]For clarity, this is in response to Letina before I leave to search south.[/info]

Daniel listens to the young woman's observations and advice. It sounded like she had a level head, which was invaluable. "I certainly agree, it would be best if we could prevent the spread of disease. I will leave those of you here to deal with this. I know Vinny is capable physically, so I trust you'll be able to clear the shore. My number one priority is to continue searching the shore. If there are any more survivors, I want to find and secure them. Every extra hand is a good one in this situation. Considering that the shore needs to be cleared, I think it best that I survey the southern shores on my own. Worst case, I can make camp myself if it gets too late."

It was evident that Daniel was determined to save any others, if there were some. I'm not letting any more people die if I can help it... He takes a moment to shake the thoughts of what he considered failure from the shipwreck, and began walking out of camp.

[info]Daniel heads south, searching the shore for useful items and survivors.
Current Perception: 13
Current Survival: 23[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]