[Closed] Tournament

Started by Throndir, August 06, 2014, 11:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Tensions between guilds do happen as friction between the members grow, and the Guild of Galas'nor was no exception. Though the guild has made many allies, they have also made their share of enemies. It was because of this that it didn't take long for the Ternadan council to decide that something had to be done. In their ever so great wisdom did they decide to hold a tournament. Open to any guild, organization, and individual (be it monsters or the like!)

Already the arena bells were ringing, sounding the bells that would draw audiences from each corner of the city, to show the spectacular event that would be held at the various battle arenas in the city. Ternadan saw fit to make each of these arenas interesting, some gushing with lava, others filled with lightning; each one had their own special design. Crowds gathered, and the participants lined up in their respective teams.

"This is it folks! The fights that you've all been waiting for! We have the guilds of city, and teams of creatures just waiting for their time to take it to the arena. In just a few moments we'll be seeing them fight for their lives! Death here lingers as our participants gather!" A man who wore a green cloak proclaimed as he spoke into a loud-speaker.

"No no no!" A dressed-up lady took the loud-speaker from him. "We have healers and clerics who'll make sure things are alright. Remember participants no kill-"

"Death death!" The first speaker interrupted. From a distance you could see the lady in the dress shake her head visibly, enough so that even the onlookers could see.

• Everyone form teams of 3 people. If you have no preference I'll group you in with others until we have even teams. Post if you want in, as well as your preference on who you want to be grouped up with.
  • This will be a tournament, to keep it simple and quick, if you lose a round, you're out. Your team will be going up against monsters, rival guilds, as well as fellow guild members if it progresses that far.
  • Random arenas. I will also set random creatures.
  • Multiple characters allowed and encouraged. Though they must be in different teams. I will be setting up an auto-attack rule, where if a player does not take his turn, I will have that character do an auto-attack.
  • All level 1s in the guild are now level 2. Argument can be made to make them level 3, but I'll review our teams and players when it gets to it. Unbalanced teams will receive temporary gear and/or free exp to even the fight if its player vs player.
DM: Throndir
Suggested players: As many!
Suggested Level: 2-5 (or at the level of what most players are)
Max players: As many!
Length: Very short
Summary: Boss fight
Goal: Survive the tournament
Rewards:
Varies

QuoteCharacters with no teams (who confirmed they'll join):
Katrias (maybe)
Faus (maybe)
Mystic's NPC (maybe)

Throndir

Quote[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3ZAGBL6UBA&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Gandin, level 4
Jin, level 3
Zultar, level 4

Throndir

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]
Dreamnya Teamnya
Beowulf, level 2
Nyuko Nyun, level 3
Nyaoko Nyun, level 3

Throndir

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Yuan Ti and his Pets
Yuanti-Halfblood, level 5
Ogre, level 3
Ogre, level 3

Burdenking

Ollete once more found herself before the mission board, only now it wasn't just a simple piece of paper that caught her attention. It was instead a rather large and heavily illustrated poster, featuring prominent members of various guilds and loners that had won the previous games or otherwise proved themselves to the world as great fighters.

" OOH, so many people! so much fun!" She said excitedly, doing a rapid amount of steps in place to release some of her bottomless amount of energy. With and extreme amount of enthusiasm, she tore off the poster from the wall, then sprinted off with it, hoping to find a way to enter with it and also keep it for the future since it was just so well illustrated.

Throndir

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Silver Arms
Uthaal: Level 3
Arian (Civerb): Level 2
Haru: Level 3

Throndir

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]
Jesting Jesters
Ollete: Level 3
Katrias: Level 3
Katia: Level 2

Throndir

Quote[spoiler][/spoiler]
The Winds of Fate
Kryas: Level 4
Vladimir: Level 3
Annia: Level 4

Throndir

Quote[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/bojx9BDpJks&autoplay=1[/spoiler]
OTT (One True Team)
Ryine: Level 4
Sophie: Level 4
Lyolf: Level 4

Throndir

QuoteThe Musical Muscles
Golas: Level 3
Serena: Level 4
Shandon: Level 3

Throndir

QuoteKin's Fan Club
Kin: Level 4
Jornathel: Level 4
Phillip: Level 2

Throndir

QuoteThe Dead
Necromancer CR3
Wolf Skeleton
Zombie Bugbear

Overgrowth
Large Monstrous spider
Large viper
Large Monstrous centipede

Scar
Lion
Hyena
Hyena

Love&Peace
Monk
Monk
Monk

Lord of the Dance
Mage
Mage
Mage

White Ravens
Rival Guild
Rival Guild
Rival Guild

Teras'nor
Rival Guild
Rival Guild
Rival Guild

Unnamed Team
Wolfrin Fenris: Level 4
?: Level 2
?: Level 2

Throndir

"The teams are ready!" She giggles. "You're each given a badge attached to your person, when things get rough, we'll pull you out, but count yourself out of the match when we do! Good luck to everyone!"

Linwelin

"FINALLY!" The all-too-loud halfling exclaims. "Can get back to some fighting! Been out of action for too long. Come, my 'fans', let's enjoy a good skirmish!" He motions to Jornathiel and Katia, who both release a sigh at both Kin's poor taste and poor joke. Kin simply responds with more hearty laughter. "Oh, come on, can you blame me? I want to test my blade! Kitty-Kat did a pretty good job on the enchantments, as always. Consider this a stress-test." And more hearty laughter ensues as Kin walks on ahead.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]