Screenshots from Chapter 1 (WIP) [7/25/12]

Started by lightspeed15, July 25, 2012, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrlemke

Those graphics look really nice. Is the combat system turn based?

lightspeed15

It's ATB battle system, similar to that of Final Fantasy VII

lightspeed15

I also thought it was cool that in this game, I simulate the time through the story, so technically days do pass, and you experience some things at night while others at daytime

mrlemke

I never played Final Fantasy VII, just plain didn't look interesting. Although that reminds me that I have an unfinished save for FF1 on the Wii Virtual Console.  :sweat:

Anyways, so RPG Maker VX (I think that's what you said you were using) doesn't support even a basic event based time (like press the left key to move and when you move it increments the time by like +10 seconds or whatever)?

lightspeed15

There are scripts for that but I didn't want to use the script because it might cause lag with all the others I have and plus this way is better because I can control. Otherwise, one mission that is suppose to be at night will be durin the day which I don't want

Emperor Wilbers

those screenshots are amazing, can't wait to play it.

mrlemke

Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 25, 2012, 10:04:39 PM
There are scripts for that but I didn't want to use the script because it might cause lag with all the others I have and plus this way is better because I can control. Otherwise, one mission that is suppose to be at night will be durin the day which I don't want
You could just set the time variable to night time and have another variable to check (like time_locked) to keep it at night. :p

lightspeed15

Quote from: Emperor Wilbers on July 25, 2012, 10:38:37 PM
those screenshots are amazing, can't wait to play it.
(panda) thanks!!

Quote from: mrlemke on July 25, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: lightspeed15 on July 25, 2012, 10:04:39 PM
You could just set the time variable to night time and have another variable to check (like time_locked) to keep it at night. :p

Hmm...that might work...but this way is also easy, all I'm doing is tinting the screen lol.

mrlemke

Do whatever way is best, I'm just letting you know in case you need it for the future. :)

Hasabushi

You know I could say that those screenshots are great, but rather than tell you something that wont help you, I choose to say that I KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER :D  Come on that one scene of the plain looks, well plain an ordinary.  I know its a wip so I'll let you slide some :P  Maybe I'm just picky but I'm a not big fan of flat, flat. Maybe make the tiles more 3D'ish.

I do like the sun rays thats a nice touch, and the day night idea by simply tinting the screen is pure genius. Although I would just paint my screen and do that to everyone else that plays the game.... although that could get costly... >_<

lightspeed15

Dammit...you've convinced me enough to redo that map! :) haha, I think I'll parallax, it's pretty ugly in game actually....

Emperor Wilbers

I'm going to have to agree with Hasa on that one. The third one is a bit "flat." The second one I like because it has depth.

lightspeed15

Well that's because it is a battle background. The field maps are all going to appear flat, that's how the engine works. LOL. If I made the field map 3D it wouldn't work because you could step onto trees and cliffs and everything

Emperor Wilbers

Oh, lol. That would be strange to walk on trees.  :sweat: