[IC] Through the Swamps of Orcen

Started by Throndir, July 04, 2016, 08:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

I look around quickly and see a large twisted tree covered with thick moss 'curtains' and quickly but carefully take the wagon and my horse over there while blowing out the torch and hiding near but far from the wagon just in case. "Ok then" I grab my claws to be safe though I'm in no condition to fight,  will if I must.

(Surviva to find optimal hiding conditions: [1d20+2] 17 + 2 = 19
Stealth: [1d20+6] 16 + 6 = 22)

You quickly went into action. You woke up the three others on the wagon, and your stern and serious look helped wake them up. You moved the wagon to the side, and leaving your horse there, you began to cover both the wagon and the horse with the thick curtain of moss on the trees and branches. That done, you lead the way towards the other side of the road, hiding in some of the foliage and bushes along with your three companions.

Soon enough you heard the thudding come closer and closer. Even though the fog, eventually your pursuer came into view. It stood 9 ft. tall, it looked to be covered in a weird mixture of fur and vines. Although it was humanoid, it had no semblance of a neck, and indeed it looked like its head was simply attached to its torso as its wide shoulders were hard to miss. There were bones and skulls dangling from its body, as if the vines and fur that made up the mass simply absorbed them in. What struck you the most was the fact that there was fresh blood still near its mouth, as well as what looked to be an arm protruding from slightly beneath its maw. Behind him he carried three bodies - the same corpses you had come across just hours before at the burning caravan. That fact explained why you had heard multiple thudding noises from behind you. It was in fact each of the bodies being roughly thrown and dragged about as the large creature made its way towards you.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/349/9/0/bog_beast_by_moonskinned-d89york.jpg

The three with you were deathly silent. And you too prepared for the worse case in the chance that the beast would find you.

(Making the opposed Perception roll for the monster public, since I feel like this is going to be an important roll:

Perception to detect you: [1d20+10] 8 + 10 = 18)

It had stopped moving as it reached where you had been just moments before. Hidden behind the foliage, you kept as quiet and still as possible, hoping the disguise you threw over everyone was enough to fool it. It was just about to literally step on you, when you heard a frightened neighing. Immediately, the creature stopped its advance towards you, and looked to the source of the sound: the other side of the road. It began lumbering its way towards your horse and wagon, and your horse, sensing the danger, and seeing the oncoming creature, began to roughly pull on its wagon. The riding horse was trained enough to know that it shouldn't move unless expected to, but with the creature so close, it was fighting its instinct to run.

(Choice to continue hiding, or doing any sort of action. Otherwise if no actions given, I'll proceed with the scene)

I watch and then turn to the three of them and whisper to them in a very strict tone "do not move, talk, or do anything that will attract him over to you. Understand?" After saying that I climb up a near by tree that just happened to be close to the creature and whistle to  my horse telling it to stay put. I watch the creature and figure that it could easily heal itself due to the way it looks and try to think of ways to kill it. ".....the heart. That's the only way it could be alive. If I get close enough to it and rip out its heart it could die. Right? Yeah... Well its the best idea I can come up with anyways."

Throndir

(Initiative requested
Alphonse's Initiative: [1d20+2] 1 + 2 = 3
Horse's Initiative: [1d20+2] 3 + 2 = 5)

The large creature began to move towards the horse. The closer it neared, the more the horse was agitated. And once it finally reached 10 ft. away, the horse was just about to bolt away. It tried to run, at least until the large creature suddenly reached out with its large arm, raking the horse with one of it's claws. The claws dug in deep, leaving a gashing wound on the steed, and already its blood started to pour. In a panic, the horse reacted by bolting forward. The wagon's wheels got caught on logs of wood momentarily, but soon enough, with a bit more struggling, the horse was freed.

(Alphonse's turn. You can continue hiding if you want, as you haven't been detected yet, and can continue watching as the scene unfolds, or you can take up your turn's actions if you want to instead.

Log:
Round 1
Large creature closes gap on horse and attacks dealing 10 damage.
Horse moves 50 ft. away. Horse is 60 ft. away from Creature.
Alphonse and other is hidden, at 15 ft. away from Creature. And 55 ft. away from Horse.)