[Foxy] Transfer Student Orientation Program

Started by Oath, January 29, 2016, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxyPox

In the time and effort it would take to cull the stem from its roots, Rose dropped. A vast, gluttonous chasm yawned itself into existence before her, meticulously tugging on that ephemeral, gossamer chain called life itself. She drifted ever further past the event horizon, cast with a haunting, almost penitent pallor of lucidity. As if she had, in that moment, grasped a long-forgotten prayer in her tiny paws and for the first time in her life, understood. Her snout glittered with teardrops from a stuffed candle. She's a strong girl with a strong heart. She'll be fine. Her pride may not be intact, but she'll pull through.

I don't know which one of us hurt worse. Both of us were helpless. The one thing that pounded through my mind was the eventual apology I had to make. To Rose, and to Victoria. I felt like an irresponsible parent, who almost let his child drown.

...Of course, we all had a thing for being melodramatic. It was just a silly little Pokemon battle, after all. Nothing too serious. Heh. Victoria would probably just tell me to lighten up... and take better care of her pokemon.

I threw Rose a lifeline. The Pokeball returned to my hand, and I felt its weight. The time was high noon. I tossed out another tribute ~ Bloop, oblivious and waiting for my command. But to me, it would never be quite the same.

[info]"Bloop! Water Gun!"
Accuracy:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]Damage:[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+13 : 6, 1 + 13, total 20[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info]Teddiursa uses scratch!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+24 : 4, 5 + 24, total 33[/blockquote][/info]

Oath

[info] crit bonus
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+8 : 4, 1 + 8, total 13[/blockquote]

Bloop has 3 speed, teddy has 6.

Oath

The Teddiursa charges the Wooper, digging into it with its claws, and takes a jet of water in retaliation.

[info]
Teddy uses Scratch! Critical hit! Bloop takes 39 damage!
Bloop uses Water Gun! It hits for 13 damage!

Foxy to call out next Pokemon + declare actions

Teddy: 16/56 1 injury, -def
Bloop 3/42, 2 injuries, -atk, -speed

New round:
Teddy uses lick!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+21 : 5 + 21, total 26[/blockquote]

Foxy to declare actions[/info]

FoxyPox

Bloop.

What are you doing.

[info]Foxy switches out, to Glitch! He uses Download, followed up by a blast of Psybeam!
Accuracy:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]Damage:[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+30 : 6, 1 + 30, total 37[/blockquote]. I think it's an additional +5 from download so maybe add 5 to that roll.[/info]

Oath

[info]Teddy uses Fury Swipes!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Oath

[info] Two hits!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d8+26 : 1, 2 + 26, total 29[/blockquote]

Oath

Teddy goes swinging for the Porygon and misses, sliding past him. Glitch whirls around firing a psy-beam, hitting Teddiursa in the back, sending it to the ground in a heap. Lynne calls it back into the pokeball and sends out her final Pokemon. An Oddish pops out of the ball, looking at the Porygon with a hint of caution.

[info]Teddiursa misses with Fury Swipes,
Porygon hits with Psybeam, Teddy faints!
Honeydew comes out (Oddish)

Attack will be absorb.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+20 : 1 + 20, total 21[/blockquote]

Foxy to declare actions. [/info]

FoxyPox

"Again! You can do it, Glitch!"

This one held much promise. The death~ray charged up yet again.

[info]Glitch uses download, and then Psybeam again. Accuracy:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
Damage:[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+30 : 6, 3 + 30, total 39[/blockquote] {And a +5 from Download}[/info]

Oath

The Oddish seems poised to attack when another psybeam is emitted from the Porygon. It is caught by surprised and knocked unconscious by the attack.

[info] Download is once per scene (battle) so no bonus from that, but you don't need it.

Honeydew takes 61 damage and faints, Foxy wins the battle![/info]

FoxyPox

{Oh. Good to know.}

[spoiler="The Sound of a Battle, Fought and Won.]https://www.youtube.com/v/JhbHpf1wecM[/spoiler]

Glitch sparks around for a bit and then bounces around inside the Pokedex. Any attempt to rein him in at this point will be nigh impossible, so I leave him there. The other two have quite a bit of recovery ahead of them~ next stop: the Pokemon Center. And then, maybe, the food court.

"Whew. What a match."

I stride into the center of the arena and hold out my hand.

"Well played, Lynne. Thank you."

Oath

Lynne smiled briefly. "Great battle, but we should head back to the Pokemon center to get our Pokemon looked at, there were some pretty big hits in that battle. We don't want them to get any worse. She knew at the very least that Rose was worse for wear, and getting everyone a check up wouldn't be a bad idea.

FoxyPox

You would have seen a glimmer of despair, and a grandiose heaping of shock.

"...Right."

I made a break for the Pokemon Center. Why did it have to be so far away...!? And how could I be so forgetful...?

Oath

After the two return to the Pokemon center, their injured Pokemon are restored to full health. "Well, that's about all we have assigned for orientation, but is there anything else you'd like to know about the academy?

FoxyPox

"Hrm..... nothing, really. Not unless the science wing we passed earlier was working on a Snag Machine."

My eyes had a glint just shy of sinister. Of course, I wasn't actually going to use one if I got it. Unless... someone really deserved it. Theft was definitely crossing a line, but one must hold in reverence one of the most influential, famous, technologically stimulating pieces of hardware a nerd could drool over for years~ a SNAG MACHINE. I had a small replica in my old room, a wearable foam construction in my closet, and a sketchbook full of possible modifications. To meet the inventor was one of my most farfetch'd and most precious of dreams. To hold a real one in my hands was just short of dying from a heart attack.

"Or... there a playground anywhere? I don't want Rose to hold any grudges. Should find a place to sort out any differences. It'd be fun!"