A New Teacher Approaches!

Started by Linwelin, January 14, 2016, 11:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Daniel really did enjoy the mountainous region near Celadon, and wished he could stay longer, but it was time to get to work. After all, the main reason he came to Kanto specifically was a summons from some academy. It seems his survival from the shipwreck had made him well-known in a way, and this academy wished to speak with him about his experience. Dan had not really expected to be interviewed by a school, maybe to help with their curriculum on survival and travel.

Either way, It was supposedly just south of the mountains he was in now, so he could easily make his way there by afternoon. Thus he and Bolt began making their way south down the mountains and through the woods. Daniel then realized that the sun was just rising above the horizon, now would be a perfect time for Rue to be out so she could have some nourishment. Thus he let her out and placed her in his breast pocket as normal. He immediately smiled seeing her cheer up with the sunlight, chirping away happily. He'd not climbed up too high along the cliffs, so there were no sheer surfaces that needed to be scaled. It was instead a very casual, relaxing hike down to the city.

Following the map he had on hand, he managed to make his way to the school grounds from behind, leading straight to their track and field. Daniel was quite impressed with the facilities, which were top notch, maintained, and seemingly well used. Though he questioned how they were used, as he saw a bunch of students running for their lives down the track while being chased by a horde of Beedrill. The supervising teacher seemed to be sitting there laughing to himself.

"What kind of place have I stumbled upon." Daniel muttered to himself. Still he approached the man on the grounds, who seemed to be sighing blissfully as students screamed and medics worked. How is this place still in business?

"Excuse me!" Daniel called out. The man turned and looked to see a rugged, somewhat dirty hiker with a couple Pokemon at his side. When he realized he seemed to have crawled out of the woods, the teacher grimaced.

"A drifter? What did you come here for? And how did you even get on this campus?" The man said haughtily, obviously upset to have his fun interrupted.

Daniel defensively answered, "A drifter? No no, you've got it all wrong. I'm a ranger, and was officially invited here for some sort of interview. My name's Daniel Rask."

"Ah, the Rask fellow. I remember hearing about you coming here." He affirms, though still displeased. "You'll want to head to the Prez's office in there." He points to the building across the track field. "Now if you don't mind, I'm busy with class." The man then dismisses Dan and turns back to the sight before him. Smiling.

Daniel was rather off-put by the teacher, and both Rue and Bolt shuddered at the cruelty, but he had no place in objecting. All he could offer was a prayer, wishing he could aide them. Sorry, kids. Please survive. He says, raising a single hand vertically in prayer before heading inside to the main office. After a bit of winding through the halls, and getting looks from students, Daniel finally stumbles into the chairman's office, happy to see a receptionist to receive him.

"Good afternoon. I'm Daniel Rask. I came here for some sort of interview?" Overall he was clueless as to what they wanted from him, but he wasn't nervous. He'd told stories of survival multiple times, and if that's what they wanted to hear, so be it. If not, he could definitely offer tips for the student's studies. After all, it looked like they may need the help.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]