Mecha RPG interest Check (Bigger and badder)

Started by Burdenking, July 27, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burdenking

Setting

The game will take place far into the future, where humanity has carved out an interstellar empire through hard work and spilled blood. The Empire is massive, strong, and has been in power for the last 200 years. However, the empire has grown Corrupt and cruel, and no other population has witnessed this more then the outer colonies, those planets so far away from humanities birth star that they have only heard stories and seen pictures of it in school.

Each colony has its reason, from cruel work practices, to abandonment, to even out right genocide as the empire tried to maintain its holdings. As history has shown, this could only go on for so long, and when the day came billions of men and women rose up to fight their rulers, for reasons each their own. Some for freedom, some for equality, some for power or wealth, and even just to fight. You are one of these many, one of the brave group that cry out for your rights as a member of the empire.

While most are human, those alien races that had been assimilated into the empire are fighters for both sides. The Blooming Collective, the first race humanity ever met and defeated. The Ifrit, once  mortal enemies with all now ally with many. 

And, despite warnings from the past, the rebellion was desperate for power to fight the far superior forces of the empire. Joining the forces of the rebellion are the millions of unshackled Androids that once served as servants and slaves, now finally look at the world with new life and seek to find their place in the galaxy that calls for war and expects them to join.

Characters:

Characters will ether be Young men and women who join the rebellion for whatever their reasons, or older men and women who while having their own reasons, bring more knowledge and life experience to the force they have joined.

Mortality rate:

The empire is numerous, powerful, and technologically advanced. They posses military grade technology, and since it is early in the rebellion, the rebels possessed modified civilian weaponry, ships, and mechs.

System:

The system will be Mekton Zeta, along with the Mekton Zeta Plus book later on.

Note on Character Classes:

Character classes are basically nonexistent, as it it all depends on how the players spend their points.

Who would be interested:

Mecha enthusiasts and Scifi fans in general

Throndir

I'm in! :D I hope we get active posters this time around. Or new blood!

Burdenking

Throndir

Any chance you can link the rulebooks or how to get them? I'll look it up later today when I get home, but thought I'd saved myself and others the problem if you already have it somewhere.

kai927

Here are the rulebooks
Mekton Zeta: http://www.4shared.com/office/hwhZ_pI6/mekton_zeta-core_rulebook.html
Mekton Zeta Plus: http://www.4shared.com/office/8UbPFUVI/mk1402_mekton_-_zeta_plus.html

Those link to my personal account on 4shared, so no need to worry about viruses or anything. And for those that may worry about pirating, the books have been out of print since the late 90s or so, thus I doubt it will be much of a problem.

Throndir

Burdenking

Alright so that's 4 confirmed and another guy is interested as well. You guys think that's enough?

Mysticsage

Lin is also interested so you actually have 5 XD otherwise i would say any more then five or six and you would have to split groups to two threads

Throndir

We'll have varying levels of activity, so keep that in mind too. When do you plan to start it? Is this a 100% go? We can create a new section on the forums for it if needed. Or preferably just re-use the old category we had for it. I can go ahead and bump it out of the Inactive RPs list if so.

Burdenking

I'd say it's about *80 % ready to go, Maybe higher then that. But yeah, that'd be cool of ya Throndir