[Completed] Curse of the Rats

Started by Throndir, July 26, 2014, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Session 1 recap:

Gandin takes up a mission to aid the town of Delver's Folly, an old mining town, with a rat-plague problem. Callista, happens to tag along without the dwarf's knowledge, hiding in his beard. When they reach the town they were told that their townsfolk are continuously being infected by diseases which their local cleric cures in exchange for an offering/payment. The two then headed towards the abandoned mines, to find a couple of rats which they dispatched, and soon after ran into a bard claiming to be the greatest bard in the world as well as a part of a guild called the "Teras'nor", and attempted to threaten the two to leave the troubles of the village in his own hands.

Gandin and Callista made their way back to town where a line of villagers was being cured by the town's cleric. Shortly after another bard appeared who also claimed to be the 'greatest bard in the world', and accused the two adventurers of bringing back the plague from the mines back to the town. As if on cue, rats swarmed and attacked the group. Two villagers were injured, and Gandin was also infected by the disease. Gandin had shot a crossbow bolt against the bard earlier, with the bard retaliating in kind, but Callista managed to successfully placate the bard and convince Gandin to stop attacking the bard.

Encounter 1:
Rat Swarm
Dire Rat

Encounter 2:
Rat Swarm x4
Other Greatest Bard Bard

Exp:
Will do later.

Loot:
None

Spells used:
Callista:
2 Lv 1 Spells left

HP:
Gandin: 4/13
Callista: 4/6

Throndir

Foreach item roll a d20. Need, Greed, or Pass.

QuoteLeather Armor
Leather Armor
Letter addressed to the Greatest Bards in the World
Flutegun
Flutegun
Flute (unidentified)
Flute (unidentified)
Dagger
Dagger
Clothes
Clothes
Potion (unidentified)
Potion (unidentified)
Scrollcase
Scroll (unidentified)
Scroll (unidentified)
400 coins

Ella

Session 1, Most Memorable Moment for Callista:
"I woke up from my comfortable nap in the dwarf's beard (I still can't believe he never noticed me, hee~) to find that he was being attacked by a bunch of rats! Well, I couldn't let that happen, since if he fell to them, then I would probably be devoured, too! So, I shot out a blast of my ice magic and froze those ugly things to bits. Hahahaha! Imagine their surprise when his BEARD shot ice at them! Hahahaha~" She falls over, still laughing away.

Throndir

The letter reads:

To the Greatest Bards in the World!

Our little deal is going very well. The peasants of this Delver's Folly are riddled with diseases, and it certainly gives my job a lot more importance in their eyes. Even the mayor has given me the praises I rightly deserve. Of course, it's great making a little on the side as well.

I've attached a pouch of coins with this message, that should be your share for the week.

Praise be to Hyen!

-Father Dorn

Ella

Session 2 recap:

The mayor of the town asks to speak with Gandin and Callista. He takes them to his home & tells them that the faith of the villagers in them is low. They should do something to up the villagers moral! There is an abandoned building/storage place that contains many of their village relics. No one has retrieved them because of their fear of the mines. The two take the map with them and decide to rest up at the inn. Early in their night, they hear the sound of rats! Two swarms of the critters enter the room and attack! The dwarf and faerie are able to defeat them and, too tired to care about cleaning up the mess, go back to sleep when all was clear.

In the morning, the two start their quest into the building! Immediately upon entry, they loot the place. Hey, finder's keepers! The villagers had abandoned the place anyways. Gandin retrieves the pickaxe that had been passed down from generation to generation. They also battle some more rats and find a chest with some goodies inside. Gandin also finds a hidden passageway. Deciding to put the quest on hold for a while, the two decide to head back to town to see how much they can sell their loot for. Callista is able to bluff the traveling merchant they find into giving them more money than they could have done otherwise. With their new found richness, the two buy the dwarf the Crackle battleaxe. Callista herself purchases a load of cure light wound potions and flasks to throw at things.

Restocked and ready to go, the two go back to the abandoned building and follow the passageway Gandin had found earlier. They come across a mining car full of coal, which Gandin takes just for the heck of it. They continue down the passageway and come across a 3-way split. One tunnel seems to have slime oozing out. Another one is so full of cobwebs, it looks like no one has been to it in years. And the third one has rats skittering around in it. The dwarf decides to go for the cobweb tunnel, even though it has nothing to do with their mission. Callista follows reluctantly, making sure to stay behind him so that he clears the path of cobwebs for her. Suddenly, a huge spider drops out of nowhere on top of Gandin. Luckily, the two are able to destroy it. Gandin steals its legs. Too scared to continue on, Callista insists that they go back to the split. Gandin agrees and then drags her down the slimy tunnel. They run into a slime monster that is guarding a chest. After some difficulty, the two are able to destroy it. Callista doesn't really care for anything in the chest except the gold, so she lets Gandin have everything but half of the gold.

Finally, the two go down the tunnel with rats. They get to the end and find the first bard they met. Gandin pulls out his crossbow to prepare for a battle. The bard takes this as an offensive and transforms into a giant rat. He calls upon some large rats and rat swarms and all of them surround Gandin. Callista is flying higher up a little ways away and throws an acid flask on Gandin. It damages the dwarf, but also all of the surrounding rats, killing several. The second bard appears and also transforms into a huge rat, joining with the surviving rat swarms in attacking Gandin. After a few rounds of Gandin attacking, getting attacked, and getting healed thanks to the little faerie force-feeding him potions to keep alive, they bring it down to the last were-rat. Gandin is severely injured and in a near-death state. Callista decides its the best time to attack the were-rat with another acidic flask. She damages the rat, but also Gandin, bringing him even nearer to death. Dodging the creature's projectile attacks, the little faerie is somehow able to defeat it all with losing only two hit points!

((Jo, please modify this for accuracy. I couldn't remember all of the encounters.))

Ella

Callista: I say you take all the leather armor, I take the clothes. We split the things there's two of 50/50, and I get the rest! But just in case...

Leather Armor - Pass
Leather Armor - Pass

Letter addressed to the Greatest Bards in the World - Greed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Flutegun - Need
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Flutegun - Greed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
Flute (unidentified) - Greed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
Flute (unidentified) - Greed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]