[Club] Kendo Club

Started by Oath, March 21, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/plCw_qsJ9Eo&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

The events from the past day had left Ardelia run a bit ragged, but her other club was starting today and she at least wanted to get to know everyone. School had ended for the day, and she slunk her way out of the classroom unnoticed to head to the gym, where Kendo Club was supposed to take place. She went through the hallway slowly, not to take her time really, but to get a handle on the soreness she felt after the mad dash through the shadow maze yesterday.

Reaching the gym, Ardelia approached the door and cracked it open to try to take a peek at who is around before she just walks in. Partially to check if anyone was there already, and to see if there happened to be any kendo gear around, as that would be the quickest way to affirm she was indeed in the right location. 

I wonder what this club will be like... Hopefully we don't jump right in since I am not feeling so great today, but if we do I will give it my best shot!

Mysticsage

You enter the gym to see it almost completely empty. The other teams were going to hold tryouts because of the number of applications. The kendo club had only had five members total, and so you all were actually able to meet today. As you walk into the small gymnasium you can here the small ghostly flame scoff at the space.

"You call this a training ground I've scene better kept pigsties."
He had been floating around you all day and while he constantly talked loudly  on everything around him no one has yet to comment or notice. If he was in fact a ghost that would hopefully mean that he could not be scene or heard by others. Unfortunately that brought up why you could see him at all. Thoughts of the previous night where ever that maze had been continued to invade your mind.

Unfortunately as you looked around at the gym you have to admit it's in pretty bad shape. The whole space was about half the size of a basketball court if it is completely empty, but the space was rarely ever empty like this. The problems were even more apparent as you looked over the space. Both the roof and floor was cracked and sagging from water damage. As you stepped further in you could also smell a tiny bit of mold and dampness hanging in the air.

Voices can be heard coming from one of the doors leading out to the field. Turning around you see four other students walking in holding various bags of equipment and some kind of large black bound binder. Three boys and a girl from what you can see they are the other members of the kendo team. Two of the boys you recognize as sophomores who you have had class with occasionally. The others a boy you have seen talking to Noel on occasion and a girl who was also older.

"Hey looks like our last member arrived said the senior with a smile, "your Noel's sister right? Danny Monroe Senior"
he said as he set down a golf club bag full of wooden sticks. He rubbed his hands through his short dirty blonde hair before holding out his hand with a smile.

"I didn't know you liked this kind of stuff Adelia." said a rather pudgy looking sophomore who you know as a relatively unassuming teen with greasy black hair and rather thick glasses. He was a nice guy overall and smart though not one for sports.

"She probably got signed up for this club by those stupid jerks like we did." smirked a brown haired slightly taller teen. Mathew Moxon was known in the sophomore class for always dozing off in class but still managing to get straight A's. He tended to be known as a shut in always on computers or reading comics and his complexion showed it.

"These guys are supposed to be fighters?" you could hear Farron snicker.

"layoff her guys,"[/color
] said the final member as she put down what she was carrying with a long brunette braid with bright blue highlights and amber eyes "I'm Melody by the way a junior. Ignore them they have been gripping the entire time."
"Says the girl who would rather be in the drama or gymnastic club." she only scowled and shrugged at the comment.

Oath

[spoiler]http://youtube.com/v/S1baWtCsK8s&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Looking around the gym, Ardelia saw everything that was wrong with it, but at the same time was not too bothered by the condition. Farron's comment might have been true though. "Well, Farron, we will just have to fix it up a little ourselves... I'm sure every team would like a nice place to practice." The girl spoke quietly, as there were people were around, but she was sure that Farron could hear her.

The ragtag group of club members approached. There was so much going on at once that Ardelia didn't even notice the senior extending his hand as a greeting, and tried to respond to each person in turn.

"Yeah, Noel's my brother. But with him knowing so many people, it's not a surprise that older students know who I am as well."

Turning to the two sophomores, Ardelia realized that they had similar questions.

"Oh, I actually signed up for this club myself. My parents are always telling me that I should do some sort of sport, and Kendo felt like something where size did not really mean that I would have a large disadvantage. Maybe I am not the best suited for it... but it sounded like a better option than a lot of the other clubs at least."

The girl heard the spirit talk, but now was not the time to respond to him so his comment was ignored.

Seeing the other girl, Melody, Ardelia greeted her as well. "Hello there. If they're curious its fine, I can see why people wouldn't expect me to sign up for a club like this. If someone else signed them up, I understand why they are upset but we should just all try our best and maybe have fun with it."

After hearing the comments thrown at Melody, the girl started to wonder if everything would really be alright in this club.

"I hope we can all get along. So what are we doing first?" Perhaps this would calm everyone down a bit and give them some sort of focus.

Mysticsage

Melody pulled a thick binder out of her book bag. Our adviser gave me this earlier today when I went to check with them they told me that they probably would not be able to make it for the first few weeks we meet as they manage all the new policies for this year. But he said that this would give us a place to start and that they had ordered some equipment for us. She looked at the bag that Daniel carried in then with a slight grimace. At closer look there were in fact more then just wooden swords in that bag although that was by far the majority. There were also segmented training spears and simple staffs.

"Maybe we should start at the beginning", said Ray moving up to the binder that was now sitting on the floor pushing up his glasses and taking a deep breath he sat down and opened the heavy book. As he flipped through the pages though he only went more pasty . "This is not going to be fun. he sat it down open for all to see the many sheets of exercise regimen  they would now be expected to perform. "Were supposed to start running at least several miles a day he mouned. In his shape he could barely drag through one not to meant the progressivly harder weight training.

Ray, Matt and Melody all seemed rather thrown off by the prospect of the effort only Daniel seemed unfazed.

"And there they go folding before they even gave it a thought not that I blame them from what I've seen of this world" nodded the green ord by your head.

Oath

[spoiler= Click for music!]http://youtube.com/v/S1baWtCsK8s&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ardelia watched the scene unfold in front of her, and clapped her hands together sharply to get the attention of the club members. "Until everything is sorted out, we should at least try to give the club a try." She smiled, trying to diffuse the situation a bit. "Having some cardio endurance is probably a good idea when it comes to fighting, if you can't move around you're an easy target. Maybe today we can just start with a mile to see where everyone's at?" She felt a little uncomfortable trying to take the lead, she was generally more of a follower. But she felt like if she didn't do something, the rest of the group would argue the entire afternoon. "In the end, it is up to you, what you do yourself. But I'm going to give this a try." She walked away from the group with a sigh, approaching the nearest wall to begin stretching.

She was curious about the wooden swords that had been brought in, but that could wait until later. It was always important to warm up before activities, and running was a great way to do that. Ardelia hoped that the other students would follow her lead, but if they didn't she would still do her best to experience as much of the club as she could. She didn't know much about Kendo, but she had thought that it looked refined and graceful. Perhaps she wouldn't be that great at it, but it wouldn't hurt to actually try before giving up, unlike the rest of them. She whispered to Farron. "Things are different now,  and they seem pretty confused but I hope they come around. I don't think I can train by myself. What do you think I can do to help encourage them, Farron?"

Oath

[info] Persuasion  roll that was requested.  This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 4, 2, 5, total 17[/info]

Mysticsage

"It seems like your words did something already there Del" said the floating green orb as he watched the others around them from his invisible perch. The three others who still seemed uncertain before seemed bolstered by the fact that someone so small and fragile seeming wanting to play along with whatever the school had planned. Ray in particular seemed to be taken aback by Ardelia's bravado not looking to be out done  he stood up with a huff," Fine lets just get this over with-"His statement of acceptance seemed to be enough to push the others over the edge completely as the beginning of more upbeat conversation.

You guys now take the time to get changed into gym wear if you happened to have gym class before that day. Finding a place outside that was free enough for you all to run around considering all the clubs that were starting up today was difficult to be sure. And considering how apprehensive most of the people were to do this stuff in the first place Danny took the lead in finding a place where you could workout in peace without being disturbed. He lead you off into the distance behind the equipment shed  a little ways off began a more hilly tree line that would be better served for a hike rather then a jog. But that meant that most of the club couldn't use this area for much other then running in a circle. mapping out a manageable path the others only continued to groan but didn't find any better idea.

As you begin in a close nit pack Danny manages to keep a good few feet ahead of everyone else since he was in the best shape with melody not Mathew somewhere in the middle and Ray taking up the rear. Farron floats off to keep watch over the shed that you all use as a major marker giving you time to start building bonds with the others. However at this point its hard keeping focused on training and talking so you would have to pick one individual to focus on.

[info]From here to grow in skills and relationships it will require events to push the story foward in time with five resource points and new parts in the main story

this value may change my goal is to make time skips more viable as a thing so that you can see growth more directly but if you just want to take your time and chat to get to know people we can do that as well [/info]

Oath

Ardelia was glad that the others had come around. She would have practiced on her own if it came down to it, but it still would have been awkward. As they were all running, she slowed down a bit and let Ray catch up to her. She turned to him. "Glad to see you decided to give this a try, who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it." She smiled before continuing. "You joining in also seemed to inspire everyone else to give it a serious attempt as well. So in a way you've kind of helped keep the club together from day one!"

She went through a simple thought process, since Ray was the first one to step forward and give the club a try, he would be the first one she would befriend. Farron had gone over to the shed, Ardelia wondered what was inside when they had passed it but for now it would just serve as landmark to keep them on track. There would be plenty of time later for her to see if there was anything out of the ordinary in the shed.

Mysticsage

[spoiler=rays emotions]https://youtube.com/v/l2J8hLiRDGo&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

"Shut- Up!" he gasped, after a few minutes of running he was already looking ready to collapse as his stomach bounced  fueled by his anger for the situation his stomach was heaving and his shirt was already beginning to stick to his body. Making a quick movement to brush his black hair out of his face and glasses he continued to gasp, "Its your fault I'm in this mess! If you had just left it be then I wouldn't have to be killing myself out here."

He was doing everything he could to just stay upright and as you kept going he continued to lag further and further behind eventually stopping momentarily for a break. It seems that whatever was fueling him to begin with had finally run its course. While the others continued to go around the set route he was leaning against the shed wheezing. Any attempt to get to close to him however caused him to wave you off, so to continue to talk to him you have to stand a bit away.

Oath

[spoiler=Click for Music!]
http://youtube.com/v/jLQDJTsCfE4&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ardelia looked at Ray, perplexed. It was her fault? She didn't force him to do anything. She was feeling odd, a bit more combative than normal. Annoyed at Ray, for his attitude. "This is my fault? How is it my fault. You didn't have to come out here, you could have stayed in the gym if you'd wanted. We know you were signed up for the club by some jerks, it isn't something you're interested in so nobody could blame you if you didn't want to participate. But I did sign up for this club myself, so I at least want to try, even if nobody else does." She didn't yell at Ray, but she did take a stern tone of voice, something most people would never see. She knew Ray had faced bullying, so she didn't want to seem like them, but she didn't like that he was trying to throw her under the bus.

Ardelia paused a moment, observing Ray. She was curious if there was anything off about him.

She began again.

"And you know, if you want to try to get into a different club, I don't mind helping you. And if the school won't let you go to a different club, sports aren't always about being physical. Every team needs a manager, and someone that can help everyone keep their mind on things. There are a lot of options, and all of them are better than being mad at me for no reason. I'm sure the other people in the club would help as well, but we would have to talk to them. And just think, if we do end up having fun in this club together, and the bullies see it, they'll know they lost."

[info]Perception roll to see if anything is odd about Ray.
[blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 3, 3, 2, total 8[/blockquote][/info]