Fulcrum's Finest Weaponry (Sharp blades, smooth deals!)

Started by Manzokushi, November 21, 2012, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

The sounds of ringing metal on metal greet you before entering the front of the building and the smells of burning coal. Along the walls of the shop are various types of weapons divided in orderly fashion.

A middle aged human male, dressed in a blacksmith's apron and carrying a smithing hammer in one hand and a cigar in the other, appears from behind the counter. "The names Fulcrum, and this here is my shop. Take a look around you won't find a better crafted weapon in all the city."

QuoteYou may sell items to this shop if it's something you think they would buy. The shopkeepers use their own discretion if they want to buy it and think they can still make a profit. The price that they will always accept is roughly 30% of the items price. There may be cases where they pay for higher. It's more advisable to trade with players.

Manzokushi

Linwelin

Kin was practically running into the shop in anticipation. He was at home at the forge, and Fulcrum's place was one of the finer establishments in Ternadan. Ana had a little trouble keeping up with his pace, though he did hold back as much as he could manage. Still, he was excited and hard to control at this point.

The halfling took a deep breath and exhaled in a satisfied sigh, "Ahhh, I do love the smell of a well-worked forge. Fulcrum! I've got some blades I'm looking to sell, if you're willing to buy. One's even MAGICAL!" He called out excitedly. Upon reaching to counter, Kin laid out his wares for inspection. A newly-inspected glaive of the 'vicious' nature, and an ornate dagger.

[spoiler]Selling Vicious Glaive +1 and Masterwork dagger from the tzane cave[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Fellow Rabbit

Gandin, son of Gehin

Gandin arrogantly pranced into the store, knowing good and well that he would walk out a more valuable team member than when he walked in. He had trained day in and day out with weapons that he believed fit him the best. Eventually he had decided that the waraxe was definitely the weapon for him. It just felt so natural! That weapon in his hands... It was meant to be. There was no other way to put it.

He had gotten word that this "Fulcrum's Finest Weaponry" shop was the place to go for all his waraxe needs. He didn't waste a moment finding the shop once he had heard that news. Inside, he saw that he was certainly not lied to. Neither by his friends nor by the title of the shop. There were so many great weapons here, crafted to perfection by what could only be described as a true artist.

"Fulcrum, my dear laddy! I'd like to buy that masterpiece of a Dwarven Waraxe you got displayed on the wall over there. I'll pay full price in cash right now!" He pulled out a small pouch filled with exactly the number of coins the price asked for and dropped on on the counter in front of him. "Three hundred and thirty coins! All yours when that axe is all mine."

Buying Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe for 330 coins.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Throndir

Kin
Fulcrum took a look at both weapons offered to him.

"Fine craftsmanship these weapons..." His eyes studied both the dagger and glaive. "The glaive is enchanted as well, though faintly. I'll offer 570 gold coins for the glaive, and 90 coins for the dagger. That makes it 660 for both."

Gandin

Nodding, the weaponsmith took the dwarven waraxe on display, and after the exchange, handed Gandin his new weapon.

QuoteResolved Gandin's purchase. Waiting on confirmation from Kin.

Linwelin

"660, eh?" Kin pauses discerningly before nodding. "That's a fine price. I'll take it!" He exclaims with a grin, awaiting his payment excitedly.

[spoiler]I'll modify my inventory, no worries there.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir walks into the smithy with purpose, having finally decided to get the best weaponry he can manage. And after getting the money to do so.

"Good evening, Fulcrum. I was hoping to make a special order." Vladimir places his two weapons, a rapier and a kukri, in front of the man. "I wish to have these weapon types made out of adamantine. They need not look identical to these weapons, but I would like for the new pieces to match in style. As you have the skills, you decide what style suits me. I trust your judgement."

[info]Requesting a Rapier and a Kukri made of Adamantine[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

QuoteBecause I dun wanna wait, and you have enough to do...

"Adamantine...that's a steep price and a difficult order. It will take me a couple weeks to forge them, but in the mean time, you will need to gather the sum of..." He thinks for a moment, calculating. "1228 gold."

"1228? I'll have it, see you in a couple weeks, my friend."

The weeks pass by, and Vladimir wanders back into Fulcrum's shop once more. "Good day to you, Fulcrum."

"Ah, Vladimir! Perfect, I just finished moments ago. I hope you find them to your liking. I haven't worked a forge with temperatures like that in a long time. Thank you for the opportunity!"

Vladimir passes over the coin, along with his old weapons, giving a 10 gold discount, and examines the new pieces. The adamantine has made the blades almost pitch black in color, and the smith made the excellent choice of complimenting that with silver for the guard, hilt and pommel of the rapier, and the hilt and adornments for the kukri. For the rapier, the guard was worked into an intricate coil, shaped overall like a dome, around the base of the blade, which then sat upon a crossguard inlaid with onyx gemstones. The hilt spiraled down to the pommel with both silver and adamantine, with the pommel itself being a silver setting in which an onyx orb, about an inch in diameter, was set. The kukri had the dull back of its blade, up to where it curved into a more axe-like head, encrusted with an intricate silver design the had a similar style to the rapier, which flowed smoothly into a faux guard above its hilt. Then, just as the rapier, the hilt was made of spiraling silver and adamantine, leading to an inlaid orb of onyx in the pommel. They were a perfect set, and Vladimir was quite pleased.

"Excellect craftsmanship, Fulcrum. Worth every coin." Vladimir bowed him head in a farewell, and headed out the door to his next shop.

[info]Resolving the 1218 gold spent.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Nyuko Nyun

[info]Nyuko sells Warhammer +1 (shock, shocking burst)

And he buys Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault x2[/info]

Throndir

Lia Starweaver

"This beauty! It shines just like me." Lia grinned as she put forth a pouch of gold and the crystal on the counter.

[info]Buying Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault[/info]

Dan-e

Ahh yes, these gems are quite useful, I'll take one please!
[info]Purchases a lesser crystal of energy assault[/info]

Oh, and that Whip-dagger looks nice; I would like to purchase it as well!
[info]Purchasing whip-dagger[/info]

Lia Starweaver

"Oh hey..." Lia said as she noticed the other guild member. She couldn't quite remember his name. He was one of the guild members who joined during her absence. Either way she grinned as she held out the red crystal.

"Mine's the element of fire. You're in the arena challenge too aren't you? I remember watching your last fight." She explained.

Dan-e

Markus was a bit startled as he was not used to others striking up conversation with him often. "Ahh, yes, hi, yes, I'm called... oh I mean, my name is Markus." he managed to stammer then quickly shake his head. No matter how much he tried he was never able to show the same confidence he held on stage as when conversing face to face. Attempting to recover from the awkward start he continued "Yes, I am also in the arena. I uhmm, didn't fair quite as well as I had hoped but it was a good experience... I learned a lot. For example if you have fewer heads than what you're fighting, it's possible that you may still be more intelligent than your opponent, but you'll never be quite as bitey!" Markus chuckled slightly at himself before continuing. "So you're in the arena too? I certainly hope the most of luck for you... uhmm, I'm sorry I didn't catch your name..." Markus trailed off.

Manzokushi

The young elf walked in, his shoulders slight slumped, he seemed a bit tired from all the shopping, "Hello friend, I would like to sell a couple of wears if I might. If you are interested here are the items in question. Also I would be interested in a Weapon Gem, that would imbue my weapon with the Acid property."

[spoiler]
To Sell:
Venemous Whisper Dart  - 294gp
Ranseur of the Gargoyle +1 - 862gp
Dwarven Longaxe - 50gp

To Buy:
Gem of Energy Assault, Acid *(If he has it)

Total Sold: 1,206gp
Spent on Gem: 600gp

To go in Vault: 606gp
[/spoiler]