Cayne's Deck of Cards (Identification Services)

Started by Throndir, November 19, 2012, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

In the quiet little corner of the bustling city of Ternadan, a distance away from all the other stores, vendors, and merchants, the shop stood by silently. Guarded by an old well just outside it's door. It was in an old run-down building, with the roof missing tiles, the wood looking to be old, depreciated, and weakened from all the years it's been through.  It was run by an old man, and as you walked into the building, you realize how creepy and almost disturbing the store was. Not that there was anything in particular that would warrant such suspiscions, but it felt like there was an evil precence in the room.

Your reverie was shaken when the old man spoke, dispelling all the thoughts as well as the lingering aura that felt almost diabolic.

"Hello friend. Stay awhile and listen." He spoke in an old, yet firm, voice. "You may recover some mysterious things from the creaturesyou kill. Some of great use to you... some of great peril! Bring them to me and I'll reveal their secrets."

QuoteYou may sell items to this shop if it's something you think they would buy. The shopkeepers use their own discretion if they want to buy it and think they can still make a profit. The price that they will always accept is roughly 30% of the items price. There may be cases where they pay for higher. It's more advisable to trade with players.

Linwelin

Vladimir wanders over to Cayne's festival stall once more, with Maeve beside him, both of them seeking a single answer. Vladimir holds out him palm, facing upward and holding a peculiar gem, for the old man to see. "Do you have any idea what this is?

QuoteShowing gem from Flirting contest.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

"Caaaaaaaaaaayne," a voice called out, as the doors burst open, heralding a sudden onslaught of gale force winds. Lyolf was known for his dramatic entrances, after all, and as always he didn't disappoint.

"Now, you seem strong and Able" the elven magus continued, as he finally crossed the threshold and entered the shop through the now-shaky doors.

A hint of mischief, imperceptible unless one were to pay close attention, began creeping onto his features. However, a moment later, such an expression disappeared completely, replaced only by a simple question.

"Any idea what this is?"

[info]Type: Body, Cloth
ID Code: 1070
Owner: Lyolf[/info]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

"Pay what you owe and it shall reveal its secrets!" Cayne muttered as he proceeded to stick a hand out.

Lance

"Secrets..? For me?"

"Oh, you are too kind," Lyolf replied as he placed a bag, containing exactly 100 coins for the full identify, in Cain's open hand.

"Keep the change"

Throndir

The old man opened up his mouth to speak, as if to mention that 100 coins was the exact price, and there would have been no change. But instead he changed his mind.

[info]http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cassock-of-the-clergy

Cassock of the Clergy
The gadget spec URL could not be found
Aura moderate abjuration; CL 1st
Slot body; Price 4,600 gp; Weight 1 lb.

DESCRIPTION

The cut and color of this solemn vestment varies from religion to religion, but its properties are the same.

The wearer may command the cassock of the clergy to display the holy symbol of her deity or hide this symbol. At the most basic level, the garment functions as a divine focus. Additionally, the wearer gains a +3 competence bonus on Charisma-based checks to influence creatures that match her alignment or that of her patron deity. Also, the wearer may use bless and sanctuary (DC 11) each once per day, and may prepare one additional orison each day. If the wearer is a spontaneous divine caster, once per day she may spend 1 hour in prayer to gain an orison of her choice as a spell known for the next 24 hours.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS

Craft Wondrous Item, bless, sanctuary, creator must be a divine spellcaster; Cost 2,300 gp.[/info]

Ella

[info]Maeve seeks to identify a ring and two daggers she obtained on a mission.

Total cost: 300 gold.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Ring of Jumping
Aura faint transmutation; CL 2th

Slot ring; Price 2,500 gp; Weight —

Description
This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Acrobatics checks made to make high or long jumps.

Construction Requirements
Forge Ring, creator must have 5 ranks in the Acrobatics skill; Cost 1,250 gp

Other two daggers are:

Dagger +1, keen[/info]

Lance

[info]
Jin: Identifying Shield, Amulet and Belt
[/info]

Throndir

[info]Identified, check sheet.

Small Steel Shield +1

Talisman of Lesser Arrow Protection

Dawnflower Sash

Aura faint abjuration; CL 5th

Slot belt or head; Price 2,500 gp; Weight -

DESCRIPTION

This long strip of red Qadiran fabric is wrapped around the wearer's waist or head several times and held in place by an ankh-shaped clasp of red gold. The wearer is protected as if by endure elements, but only in warm environments. If the wearer unwraps the sash to its full length and holds the clasp in her hand, she can use feather fall once per day, briefly leaving behind a trail of pleasant redgold light as bright as a torch that lasts for 1 round.

If Sarenrae is the wearer's patron, the wearer can use the sash to cast cure light wounds once per day on command. The wearer can trigger this ability as an immediate action if reduced to -1 hit points or fewer, though thereafter the sash must be recharged by placing it in strong sunlight for 8 continuous hours. As a swift action, the wearer can cause the clasp to shine as brightly as a torch or cease this illumination; the light is warm, feels like sunlight, and is bright enough to make sun-fearing creatures slightly uncomfortable but not so bright as to cause them harm.

CONSTRUCTION

Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, cure light wounds, endure elements, feather fall, light; Cost 1,250 gp[/info]

Wolfrin Fenris

Wolfrin strolled into the shop and quickly approached the counter. Putting a coin pouch and a belt down, one with a forest scene worked into the leather and a metal clasp in the shape of a leaf, he addressed the elderly gentleman briskly.

"I need to know everything about this. Please. And hurry please!"

Today, he was in a hurry.

[info]Have removed 100gp for full identify.[/info]
BEEP

Wolfrin Fenris

Suddenly Wolfrin remembered something. Grabbing the bag out of a pouch at his waist, he opened it up to pull out a rather large crossbow, and what appeared to be an eyepatch.

"Lets identify this thing too," Wolfrin said, gesturing to the Eyepatch. "And what can you give me for this crossbow? Its magical, or so I've been told."

"And remember, hurry! I'm in a rush today."

[info]Changed the gold removed to 200gp.[/info]
BEEP