[Mako] Chapter 1: 18th Birthday

Started by Throndir, January 04, 2019, 05:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

Mako, sat patiently till both his mother and father were in the room and waited on them before sipping his tea. Once he felt his nerves were in check, "I have a lot to talk about honestly and I hope that you two will keep an open mind." He paused allowing that seed to take root before he continued.

His voice was even but he was nervous, "I am your son, Mako but I was also Keisagi Subachi in a previous life. I have always known things before I knew them and my skills have come to me with ease. I chalked it up to being a prodigy or at least talented. The truth however is that I lived another life on another world. My previous self, Keisagi was a farmer as well, he studied kendo and worked on technology that does not exist in this world today. When he was around 40 years of age he was murdered by bandits for nothing. His life was a life of seclusion where he chose never to be a part of it. He was content to surround himself with just enough to feel accomplished but never stepped outside of that box. I had the mind and the ability but I never used what I was given."

The last bit came out in a rush and he had to stop and catch his breath. This was a lot he realized and it became his reality as he spoke. This wasn't in his head any longer it was made whole by voicing it to his parents.

He sipped his tea again then lowered his glass to the table, "When you handed me the katana for my birthday my lives collided and the memories came boiling up. Screens of abilities and skills appeared before my eyes. I do not know the details of summoned heroes but I believe I am one. Instead of being summoned I was reincarnated to serve a purpose in this world. I was given a second chance to make a different choice. There is so much more that I want to share with you about my thoughts of the future and what I learned in the forest. But I am sure that you have questions so I will stop here to let you take in all that I have said."

His eyes made contact briefly with Kiyo and he nodded. It was not quite time to reveal her presence but he wanted to assure you he had not forgotten her.

Throndir

"Hmm... That's almost a fantastic story. And if it weren't for the... strange circumstances surrounding your birth, I wouldn't have believed it."

"The hero..." Your mother shook her head. "That... that might explain why you picked up on using magic so quickly... The hero of the imperial city, I heard, was the same way. Managing to pick up using the sword and magic well early."

"I'll explain before you give me a strange look." Your father laughed. "It's related with someone you're familiar with actually... The Shimizu clan, our neighbors? They run a small temple that they've setup here... almost 18 years ago now, too. You might not remember her anymore... But Tami-chan's mother was the one who lead the temples construction. Her name was Shimuzu Kane-san. Your mother was with child, and Kane-san had ridden to our small little village from the imperial city. Apparently she had been journeying for around a week. Once she got here, she seeked us out almost immediately."

"At first, we thought we were caught!" Your mother laughed. "But no... She didn't know we were deserters. But apparently, she had been given a foresight from the goddess that someone special was about to be born... We didn't believe her of course. But she insisted."

"After you were born, she decided to stay here... And it was actually due to her insistence that we had you tested for the elemental attributes, for magical potential. It turned out though... That you weren't compatible with anything."

"And now you're creating new spells that I never even knew was possible." Your mother smiled.

"Kane-san was planning to watch over you as you grow... But she caught an illness one day, and with our country in the thick of war with the demons to the west, she wasn't able to get any aid... She eventually passed that winter, leaving behind her husband and daughter. I believe you were only four when she passed. You might still remember her. Tami-chan was three."

Manzokushi

He listed to his parent's tale and nodded his eyes in wonder. This was the first time they had opened up to him and revealed anything about who they really once were. All of the events were connected it would seem and gods it would seem played a part in some sort of way. I will have to put a pin in that one for later.

Mako smiled, "Thank you both for sharing all of this with me. It appears that things do happen and it would seem to a degree they are fated. I am pretty sure with a little bit of effort I could likely do nearly any form of elemental combination magic. So far I have limited my testing to what I believe I have needed to accomplish various events. Elemental magic seems to come to me very easily. I want to learn other types of magic and work toward mastering as many as I can."

Mako rolled back his thoughts, reviewing his childhood and briefly remembering events from his life that included Kane-san. His relationship with Tami seemed to revolve around those connections and it all made sense to him now.

He continued to glance over at Kiyo assuring her of her place in all of this, "After we decided on the duel, I trained and began to learn more about my abilities. Each of them plays a part in my ability to get ahead and advance my understanding of the world. One such ability allows me to both research events from the old world and events I am guessing (written) from this land as well. So far the time these events were written does not appear to affect my ability to look into them. I can also consume "eat" creatures and absorb one of their abilities into myself and use it as I see fit. This one is a bit gross but it has assisted me in several ways so far. As an example I devoured the wolves and now my sense of smell is heightened."

He then pulled out the katana and laid it on the table, "I can apparently manipulate the properties of metals as well. This seems to range from removing imperfections, identifying components of materials and potentially transforming the material into something else so long as it's metal in nature."

It was not quite time to reveal Kiyo but soon. Too much information at one time might over load his parents.

Throndir

"Mastering other types? Well... Do you mean your spell of creating the metallic armor? It's a type of magic that is harder to master than the regular ones of Fire, Earth, Air, and Water."

When you began explaining your powers, both parents looked completely lost and confused.

"That's... interesting." Your father finally said. "The other powers of heroes that we are aware of are all related with combat... But the ones you mentioned... They are unique for sure. Though... I can't know for certain since I do not know much about the heroes."

"Neither do I." Your mother admitted. "If there's anyone in this village who might know, it would be the Shimuzu clan."

Manzokushi

Mako listened to his parents and let all of the information thus far pass through his mind and process it. He knew what needed to be said so he didn't hesitate, "I think it is in the best interest of our family that my Heroic Reincarnation be left a secret between us. I shared this with you because I needed to not feel crazy and to possibly learn about my heritage. However, if too many in the village find out, it will bring to much danger here to you and everyone else."

He looked to his mother, "No mother, not just elemental magic, I can sense and detect that various other types of magic that exist within this world. To keep it simple for now we can simply refer to them as Disciplines. Our country appears to focus on the Discipline of Elemental Magic. I will need other Disciplines I believe in order to achieve some of my far-fetched goals / hopes."

He thought for a few and at last turned his attention to Kiyo, "I know there is more to discuss but I would like to introduce someone that I discovered while exploring the wood. I returned to the wood in hopes of boosting my skills and perhaps running across a creature that might aid in my upcoming dual. What / rather who I found instead was Kiyo-sama an ancient water deity surrounded by sakura trees in a lakeshore shrine. We spoke for a while and it appears that she was worshiped in these lands long ago but was never truly seen by her followers. We suspect due to me previously dying that I am able to perceive her presence. After agreeing to pay alms to her shrine, she has become my traveling companion so long as I assist in restoring her shrine to its former glory. I would like to introduce you to Kiyo-sama, goddess of the forest shrine."

He grasped Kiyo's hand and opened the mana up within and allowed it to flow through his hand into hers.

He waited in anticipation of her appearing.

Throndir

When you began to push your mana into Kiyo through your hand, and then to hers, Kiyo herself began to concentrate.

From your parents point of view, what they saw was first her hand becoming visible, then slowly everything else. Your father looked at her wide-eyed, while your mother covered her mouth in awe.

In just a few more seconds, Kiyo was completely visible. Kiya smirked when she realized the two parents were able to see her.

"Kekeke! Hello mortal humans...! Who are... Mako's parents! I am Kiyo-sama!" She stated cheerily.

Both your parents couldn't respond, they both blinked their eyes in complete surprise.

Throndir

"Who is...?" Your father said in amazement, as he himself sat up from his chair and stepped back in surprise. Your mother was a lot more calm.

"A goddess?" Your mother asked incredulously. "She is one of the six goddesses?"

"One of the six? No... I don't really know what you're talking about. But there's a lot of gods and goddesses! Not just six." Kiyo quickly corrected your parents.

"Quick Mako! Tell them that I'm an amazing goddess, and that you're my servant!"

Manzokushi

Mako smiled at his work she was there and his parents could see her. Perhaps if she were to acquire enough followers maybe she would be able to take on her physical form without my assistance. Another alternative would be to provide her with some sort of mana battery. He would need to add it to his list for later.

Mako produced a large smile, "I would like to introduce you to The Great Water Goddess, Kiyo formerly worshiped by the people of the Kurokumo village that once existed in the Tokoyama Empire. I believe this makes me her first follower now and I hope to expand her influence in the years to come. Okaa-san, I remember in your teaching that you mentioned that kami were worshiped long ago. If this is correct, I believe that she is likely a kami that was worshiped back before the founding of the current gods of worship."

Perhaps his parents would be able to shed a bit more light on her origins.

Throndir

"Kurokumo village? The Tokoyama Empire? They sound... Isikawan, but it's not something I've heard of..." Your father stammered as he placed his hand out for Kiyo.

On Kiyo's part, she simply stared at the pro-offered hand, but after a moment decided to shake it.

"Oh don't misunderstand Mako's father." Kiyo said haughtily. "I am a goddess! I wouldn't normally shake people's hands... But Mako here is special, and because you're his father, I suppose this is okay too."

Your mother nodded her head.

"A kami? Yes... I told you about that before. That practice did die out... So she's a kami then? I never knew they actually existed..." You mother shook her head. "Unfortunately I don't know much about kami, I'm not sure who might know much either, perhaps except the Shimizu clan next door."

After responding to you, your mother smiled warmly at Kiyo.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Kiyo-sama."

Kiyo nodded.

"And to you too Mako's parents!"

Manzokushi

The interaction was more or less how he expected it would go. It was important that she felt included and perhaps with his parent's belief he influence may grow once more.

Mako smiled, "This is a joyous moment to bring our family together and for us all to know and acknowledge one another. The days ahead I fear will be hard but for the moment it just feels good to be a family."  He looked toward Kiyo, "I appreciate the kind words Kiyo-sama and I thank you for gracing us with your presence."

He paused for a moment considering his next actions. He would need to move on soon if he planned to take the fight to the demons. He also knew if he lingered to long he could endanger his family.

He looked to his father and mother, "Could you please invite the Shimizu members over that would be of assistance in shedding some light on what we may not understand. I worry about endangering you all but I feel that we can trust the Shimizu."

Throndir

"They were here just last week." Your father said sternly. "But this is just as good that you want to see them. They run a dojo next to their temple, though, only Tamiko and a few others in the village are taking lessons." Your father picked himself up, then took some bottles. They were the soy sauce bottles that your family produced.

"Give these to them, it's been awhile since we had given them any after all."

Manzokushi

[Do you mind if we fade to black on getting them to come over and continue the conversation.] I want to propel things forward but think its stagnating cause I am losing where to go with small talk lol.]

Throndir

Manzokushi

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Throndir

[info]Diplomacy: 10
With the soysauce that you had brought, both Shimizu Tamiko and Shimizu Teiji, the father, were more than glad to accompany you back towards your home. You had caught them in the middle of some training, wielding bokken as the two owners of the Shimizu shrine sparred against each other.[/info]