[Amelia] Notes and Diary of a Would be Queen

Started by Mysticsage, August 09, 2018, 01:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

I'm writing this diary as a safe space to gather my thoughts I think it will be important to keep things organized if the future is as crazy as it seems. They always say its easier to keep a dairy if you pretend you are writing a letter to someone. I guess I could just pick one of my friends or my parents... No, that doesn't feel right. So I guess I'll pick you,  little brother, you are only twelve so I guess it would force me to explain myself as much for my own sake as much as an audience who might find this.

So...

Hi Cameron,

How's sport's practice going? Have you taken good care of mom and dad once I was gone? That's not something I should focus on. Just stick to the here and now Amelia worrying about what may be happening back home does no one any good.

Anyway, little bro, I'm keeping this diary on my phone because I'm guessing that no one else will be able to make a copy of my fingerprint to be able to hack in. This is meant to help me gather my thoughts and help me figure out what I want to do next if I want to survive in this strange new world. Today is the first night that I can remember spending in the castle of Burgsteig. I have no clue about the date or the day of the week I suppose that is one of the first things to ask about tomorrow.

Regardless, they brought me and Nyx here to be some kind of hero for their people and even made me their queen. I'll wait till you are done laughing. Done yet? Good. You aren't the only one questioning the foresight of that decision, but I decided to accept. In a completely foreign world where magic exists, I have no real means of survival outside of their goodwill at the moment, so I lept at the offer without thinking. But at least the prince and princess seem nice enough if not all little odd. Kurt the prince tried to hit on me and out of instinct I flipped him. No they didn't send me to the stocks or anything like that. I think you would like his sister Matilda though she may be a bit girly for you. She likes to pretend she's a maid in a castle. I know you would perfer I got stuck in Metropolis or ran into spiderman.

So now I need to make a plan before the coronation and I have a ton of responsibility. I'm going to ask for two months before officially taking the position. If I'm going to do this and try to figure out how to get home I need to try and get my barrings. I've made a basic list of the things I need to do before I can become queen.

BIG SISTER'S PLAN TO NOT BE DEPOSED AND PUT IN A GUILLOTINE
Hold off coronation for two month
Meet with head of major artisan's or merchant guilds
Learn what the major economics powers ar
Learn who the people are
Learn who if any major religious figures there are (THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT)
Learn about magic
Meet a powerful magic user
Learn about world history
Learn about the world
Learn about demons
Learn about neighboring countries
Explore the city
Find all major buildings etc

Hopefully, I get to have some fun seeing the sites of this new city once I can get outside. I have to admit that I'm curious.

Well, I'll update you with things once I get a chance.
Stay out of trouble you devil

Love Amelia

Throndir

[info]Still debating how much exp/rewards to give out for these vignette-like things. I think I'll do it per entry, but I'll probably end up tweaking the values once everyone starts getting more levels. As for levels earned through Freeform, because you're so low level, only level 5, if you do gain levels here, we'll just downplay it in game.[/info][okay]You have gained a title 『Diary Keeper』
You have gained +1 WIS.[/okay]