Recent posts

Pathfinder: Fearann / Re: Book 1 - Chapter 5: Have S...
Last post by Asta - April 28, 2022, 03:31:05 PM
"But of course, anything to aid the heroes of Telan." A familiar voice rings out over the mumbling of the courtiers, turning you see the smiling face of Bhenneit MacMhata who helped you months ago when you first arrived at the city. "My considerable library is at your disposal."

"Aye, all right." A second voice replies, spurred on by Bhenneit's offer. The voice belongs to a courtier you've not had any direct dealing with, despite your stay in the capital during the Dark Time. "I'll send a courier to your apartments with an invitation."

"As will I." A third called out, this time a woman, past the years of youth but still quite comely. You recall her as Mave Ni Scurra from one of the parties you attended at the start of the year. You also recall she was particularly flirtatious and unmarried, a dangerous combination...

With no others offering the use of their libraries the court proceedings move on and eventually you make your exit back to the streets of the capital.

"Three leads, to start with. Where do you want to go first?" Scathach asks.
Last post by pringerbeam - April 27, 2022, 08:24:40 PM
[info]Diplomacy[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18[/blockquote][/info]
Last post by pringerbeam - April 24, 2022, 02:48:35 PM
     "We believe it was a lich." Answered Thedrin as he took the writ from the page. "Thank you my lord, I'm sure this writ will be of great use to us." Thedrin continued with a look up to the galleries. "As well as I'm sure that the many clans of Aite-Aerd would also be willing to assist us by allowing us access to their libraries so that we might be able to research this ancient beast. Surely with the generous aid of such mighty houses we will have no problem tracking down the creature."
Last post by Asta - April 24, 2022, 12:37:18 PM
"Of course, and should you need anything to assist in your investigation do not hesitate to ask. I'll furnish you with a writ that will allow you to procure any supplies you may need from the guardhouse stores. What manner of creature was it do you believe?"

A few moments later a page appeared bearing a rolled parchment in a document tube bearing the royal seal, handing it to whomever was close enough to take it.

[info]Obtained Writ of Investigation
This royal decree gives the holder the ability to requisition supplies from various stockpiles around Aite Aerd and other settlements around Thuinich. Generally mundane and sundry goods, occasionally these supply stores will have more useful things stashed away. The writ is both temporary and limited, once your investigation is over it will no longer be usable. [/info]
Last post by pringerbeam - April 20, 2022, 04:53:46 PM
     "We do not know exactly how the crystals are created. The only cultist we were able to interrogate expired before we could get more information and no survivors actually witnessed the creation of the crystals." A statement that was ultimately true as far as Thedrin was concerned. The lich having supposedly been inconveniently unconscious when the cultists were working.  "We found evidence of some ancient evil creature that we suspect was involved in the process but we still are not sure how it all works. The creature has left the town and we unfortunately are not sure where it might have gone. We would like your highness's permission to pursue this lead."
Last post by Asta - April 20, 2022, 01:14:01 PM
The righ's countenance darkened immediately, his right hand clenching into a tight fist on the arm of his throne.

"Bastards! Nearly the entire village slaughtered!? You say the cultists were creating more of those crystals there? How? To what purpose were so many lives lost!?"

He turned to the nearest guard. "Send a runner to the west garrison, I want a battalion out to Baile Fada to investigate further... and to honor the dead."

The guard left the chamber with a salute, and the righ returned his attention to your group. The murmurs of the gallery were animated, but low enough you couldn't distinguish any individual conversations. "Give me every detail, starting with how these cultists were producing more crystals..."
Last post by pringerbeam - April 19, 2022, 11:26:16 AM
     "Grim news my lord." Replied Thedrin with a bow. "The town was attacked by cultists that were trying to make more of those dark crystals. They massacred most of the townsfolk with the assistance of an ogre and had raised them as undead by the time we arrived. We slew the cultists and their ogre but only a few in the town have survived."
Last post by Asta - April 18, 2022, 05:32:19 PM
Arriving at the keep a short walk later, you check in with the guard who leads you down the now familiar corridors to the audience chamber. After a brief wait at the doors, you are announced.

As usual, the gallery and lower level of the audience chamber has its fair share of high society types and Righ Marr is seated on his throne.

"The champions return! What news of Baille Fada?"
Last post by pringerbeam - April 16, 2022, 12:09:28 PM
     "Yes, let's."  Answered Thedrin. "From now on we must be very careful. We can't openly discuss this matter. Keep an eye out for any eavesdroppers or spies. Now, onward to the court."
As the screams of the citizens reached her vulpine sense she could feel every hair on her body in both realms stand on end. Her voice slightly caught in he throat, "Has whoever sent us here come back to take another bite from our people?!"

Some deep dread from the waking world that she knew what was going to be coming next seeped into the terror of her dream self. Looking at her King she quickly grabbed his hand eyes flaring with a mixture of emotion. "We must face this head on, together! Don't worry about dignity my king, just pick me up and let's get to the people's side as soon as possible!" She said almost throwing herself into his arm as she wished to be bridal carried to the scene. Her face red as she buried her face into his thick upper chest and neck to try and stay as aerodynamic as possible. She didn't care that he could most likely hear if not feel her own heart beating out of her chest from the adrenaline. Nor did she care what they looked like.

"Quickly, let the beast out and run to the fight faster then the wind!"

[info]Gonna have Nyx use a free dream verison of Flash step and his sure footed feet to run with the two of us to the fight as fast as possible.

I will be casting ice storm from my staff set as soon as the king or I can find the threat, if there is a big fire or threats. It has a very large area over 400 ft range[/info]