Recent posts

Dreams of Paradise / CH1: Falling in the Deep End
Last post by Mysticsage - June 05, 2022, 05:31:33 PM
《Chapter 1: Falling in the Deep End》

Location - Somewhere out in the Ozmit Sea
Time - 6 AM

It had been six weeks since your father died, and now finally, you were on the road to getting revenge against his killers, to put your name in the history books where it belonged. It was the only parting gift you could think of to give to your father. However, you had to actually survive the journey if you hoped to deliver, and it seemed like the gods had other ideas, as the ocean tossed your ship around like a child's toy in the bath.

You had never experienced the Ozmit Sea this bad before, and you could hear the wood of the ship actively screaming under the protest as it crashed through wave after wave of water.

If it had been your choice you wouldn't have chosen this ship or this crew, but it hadn't been your choice. As a whole, the Stalwart, for all the strength the name implied, would have been considered out of date for a cargo vessel over a decade ago, and it showed, but it did have the pro of being paid for by someone else. Your father never had much money to his name, and he wasn't one for saving it, choosing instead to often use anything he had to take care of you or fund his next expedition. What little you both did have saved was quickly spent over the last six weeks for his funeral rites and debts that you didn't realize he had until they started calling in droves.

After selling the house and anything you could to the vultures, you had no choice but to turn to the association for help, and every one of his usual backers had been nowhere to be found. Sure they had met with you, and gave you the appropriate condolences, but they had refused to open up their coffers to help. Their gold was all tied up in other ventures they said, but you knew what that meant, and who was tying their hands. Even after your father's death and stealing half of your father's legacy they were still playing dirty.

But they didn't tie up everyone, or it was better to say there were some people they actively ignored.

So you had managed to make a deal with one Veritas Herlock, a young half-elf noble just barely old enough to take these kinds of meetings, but not yet old enough to drink. He wanted to impress upon his elven father that he could be trusted with the business, capable of succeeding at risks. You had planned on taking his money for the sake of the adventure, even dealing with him cutting corners as long as it got you to your dream. You didn't realize it would be a package deal, both him and his bodyguard, and that package deal came with a lot of extra conversation.

---

"I never knew weather could be this bad,"
Veritas nervously chuckled trying to lighten the mood as he searched for a distraction other than the storm. He and his half-orc guard have been sticking to you like glue for the entire trip so far, and this weather means that you have had even less personal space. "But, I'm sure you've been on even more crazy adventures than this, right, Armand?"

[info]Give me a quick DC 10 CON save for seasickness.

Let me know where you are on the ship, what if anything you've been up to during the week on the boat, and where the crystal shard is on your person.[/info]

Pathfinder: Fearann / Re: Book 1 - Chapter 5: Have S...
Last post by pringerbeam - June 02, 2022, 09:36:30 PM
     "It was most helpful." Replied Thedrin as he began to tuck into the appetizers. "I belive we have made good progress on our research into this mysterious threat. I must say though, I'm surprised that more clans were not as forthcoming with aid as yourself. An unknown cult manages to set about on some nefarious task and yet only a few houses seemed willing to assist us."
Last post by Asta - June 01, 2022, 07:42:52 PM
Your continued research proves less fruitful as time goes on, revealing nothing of note. Before long a gentle knock on the library door heralds the arrival of a maid coming to collect you for dinner.

Awaiting you in the lavish dining room is an impressive spread of sumptuous dishes as well as your host, who seems to be enjoying the fact she has company.

"Please, take a seat and enjoy. I hope my library proved useful?"
     "One of many powers I have acquired in my tenure as a mighty hero."
Not what i would consider a sporting trick but it was either that or I slaughter the insurrection to a man. By the way, Karn, if you could look to the palace architecture? Repair what you can to the exterior. I would like to project the appearance that the insurrectionist assault was unable to do much damage. I'll see to the bodies."
Replied Jean as they left the throne room. "Tell me, are there any particular formalities to hostile negotiations among your people that I should know about?" He asked the king as they started down the corridors, putting any bodies they came across into Dungeon Core.

"Given how Felencorp is fond of taking other countries' heroes for their own, it's not surprising we haven't seen much. Bursteig would have serious issues if Felencorp found out they had a hero they didn't know about. They'd have to work behind the scenes in order to remain undetected.", Carrie posits for the matriarchs, "Whether or not they do indeed have a hero and what sort of actions they're taking if so are part of what we'll be looking to figure out. There.....may also be an opportunity to try to alleviate some of the pressure on the nightwalker tribes as well if Bursteig is looking for a peaceful relationship. Synithise told me shortly after I was summoned that the adventuring guilds in the surrounding nations issue quests for the extermination of nightwalkers. This presents an opportunity to raise that issue for consideration if they truly want to forge diplomatic bonds. We really ought to think on exactly what we hope to get out of a diplomatic relationship with Bursteig and list those goals in organized fashion. Such a document could form the basis for our negotiating strategy."

While Carrie wasn't terribly well versed in negotiations, she did know how to organize her thoughts and come up with a set of objectives. She figured the same could apply to a diplomatic meeting. Carrie then turns her attention to the more operational level consideration Jasna had raised, amused that Synithise hadn't quite realized the implications yet.

"The wagon we suddenly appeared here in can teleport its passengers, cargo, and draft animals.", Carrie states plainly, watching the expressions of those present with mild amusement, "I used my blessing to turn it into a means of rapidly returning to the tunnels, but now that we're back here we could use its ability to teleport to achieve very rapid and unexpected deployment of people and assets where they best benefit our interests. We could use it to reduce the length of time to deploy scouts dramatically, as an escape route, or to deploy a team of highly skilled combatants to a target location they would otherwise be unable to access. I'm sure you can see how the ability to suddenly appear or disappear people or assets from an area of operations would be useful, not to mention a wagon doesn't exactly stand out as unusual traffic to those who see it."

Carrie takes a moment to face Jasna, pointedly agreeing with her decision to request further clarification. "Good idea, that. If there's anything we could use right now it's information. Even if they're not keen on saying much without a face to face meeting, what they are and aren't willing to tell us can reveal a great deal."

Finally, Carrie addresses the one topic that had yet to be discussed.

"With the diplomatic situation addressed as best we can for now, I think the next item on the agenda is the request or requests our new friends have for us, isn't it?", Carrie asks rhetorically, turning to 'Aliana' to give her the spotlight, prompting with a smile, "Care to fill us in on the details?"
Thura Forest - Lamia Priestess Tunnels - Meeting Room
Morning

"It's more than that too, there are some chieftains who ask how Bursteig could even take on our debt. Their country had more recently appeared in this world, but from what everyone can assume, the Felencorp have already stuck their grubby hands into that nation. But if you believe a hero is the cause... That very well might be. With a powerful hero, the country might have the power to do all they claim to, and would embolden them to make their claims. However, we've been given no evidence of such..."

Quote"By all means, send your people in to get us some intel. But bear in mind that you don't need my approval to do what you think is best. I've been here less than a week. This is your country. I'm not going to be that person who just shows up and tells you how to run the place. I only have that authority which is granted to me. If I were to behave otherwise, I'd be no different from Felencorp."

Eveleen smiled gently towards you, Synithises' eyes filled with admiration, while both Jasna and Aliana nodded approvingly. At that same moment, a notification appeared in your view before disappearing a few seconds later.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Loved』[/okay]
Jasna, who seemed to be the one who had most of the intel between the matriarches, then continued.

"Then... matriarch Eveleen, and matriarch Synithise. I'll be sending my most elite and trusted scouts to our neighboring Bursteig. I'll request from matriarch Synithise to use the Lamia priestess seal with a letter of peace and perhaps further clarifications."

"And Carrie... Rapidly deploying teams or assets?" Jasna asked curiously. Synithise looked confused, but Aliana nodded knowingly. "Do tell. We've been using our people as night-time scouts, though the journey is taxing and we can't carry a lot with us."
Age of Ashes / Re: Chapter 03 - The Vaults of...
Last post by Throndir - May 30, 2022, 10:58:39 PM

"If it's endorsements, we can do that." Melody offered, confident in her ability to try getting people into the tavern. "But once you draw attention, you need something to keep drawing attention for even after we leave. Like a special something unique to the Pickled Ear. For us in our small temple of Sarenrae, the people who keep visiting are those who come to worship Sarenrae, so that's our special thing. " Melody looked towards her other companions.

"Anyone have any ideas on how to help this place?" She asked. "All I know are medicines and what we were taught in the church... I'm pretty confident in gathering people if it comes to it though. Oh! Also, also, also, I'm good at jewelry making and other artsy things, maybe I can make miss Roxy's tavern sign look prettier?"
Last post by Throndir - May 30, 2022, 10:37:28 PM

Much like Scathach, Rhenri was never well-versed with any book learnings. The few academics she was taught, if it could be called academics, were related with the various martial disciplines instead. So, just like her fellow marksman, she looked around the library looking for anything that could be of interest to share with either Cecilia or Thedrin.

[info][blockquote]Perception 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote][/info]
Kherngolarr - Palace
Day 10 (Jean), Day 12 (Rosalie) - Time: Mid-Afternoon

The king blinked his eyes in surprise as the metallic Ren disappeared into the core. The core itself then disappearing into your Inventory. To his credit, he took it in stride though.

"Aye, th' truce... Wi' howfur tense things wur, A'm surprised they agreed tae it. It felt as if something wis compelling us fur peace. We heard yer voice ring oot, 'n' my men stopped fightin'. Either wey, we'll git mah guard tae secure th' steps, 'n' we'll wait fur th' lords then."

[info]State any preparations you may want to do before the lords appear, feel free to split the post with [hr] tags for each piece so we can tackle things in parallel. If there are things you want your companions to do, feel free to mention it. As reference, the lords you remember Goldroic Tulach telling you about.

Lord Goldroic Tulach, loyalist, descendent of a mining clan before the Shifting. Not a true 'noble', but he and his clan were brought up to nobility by decree of the current king due to their loyalty and work in excavating the tunnels. Has his troops separated out through the city trying to hold points.

Lord Eilig Catach, loyalist, had ties to nobility from the old Kingdom, stationed troops mainly at the refineries, and helping the royal guards at the palace. Is an old dwarf, but is no friends of current king's father.

Lord Gowan Puidreach, loyalist, head of a craftsman clan that had ties to nobility from the Old Kingdom, they were a lesser noble house until the Shifting but had moved up in position due to the events. His troops are stationed at the refineries, along with helping other groups from lord Goldroic Tulach retake the city.

Lord Cambeul Peucag, separatist, head of a merchant clan, controls most buying and selling in the city.

Lord Cruim Loudain, separatist, apart from the Seadhg clan, his clan is next in line as the most noble clan in the city.

Lord Gilleabart Druimeanach, separatist, a warrior clan who typically leads the explorations deep in the tunnels. They're known to support the clergy of the city.[/info]
Last post by Oath - May 30, 2022, 02:59:06 PM
Intrigued by the primal beasts, Cecilia sought to seek mentions of similar things across the magical planes, as it might lead to a better idea of what she's dealing with.

[info]
Knowledge Planes: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]