Recent posts

Dreams of Paradise / Re: CH1: Falling in the Deep E...
Last post by Schnizzer - July 04, 2022, 07:35:50 AM
Did we die?Armand felt his chest as he laid down searching for any holes and damage. He then slowly attempted to get up with a groan and look around. There was a look of confusion and worry as he tried to figure out where he was and if his companions were nearby. What in the hells happened?

[info]Perception for surroundings and to see where the others are

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
Last post by Mysticsage - July 03, 2022, 10:43:46 PM
Less than a heartbeat after your warning the fog opened up directly over your ship, and filling the gap was a blast of electrical force so great that the ship was partially pushed under the water before the power exploded outward.

In a flash, half of the ship was gone and the three of you had been flung, with the debris, like fleas from a dog, out into the open water. The last thing you remember before losing complete consciousness was the sensation of sinking deep under the water as that buzzing sensation returned to your skin as if to get you to the bottom faster.

Time: Unknown

When you next come to consciousness, you are not greeted by the smile of your father, or the light of the divine gates, even the sounds of the ocean are gone. Instead you find yourself staring up through a glass ceiling atrium and a solid ground of marble flooring.

Without even needing to sit up you could tell that you were somewhere completely foreign to where you had been before, and inside some kind of opulent entryway.
Last post by Schnizzer - July 02, 2022, 10:38:39 AM
What were they talking about? The ball of light was right there in the sky and this wasn't the time for jokes and games. He turned to face the others and his expression quickly changed from confusion and annoyance to fear and dread. He looked down as he placed his hand on his chest and then looked back up to Veritas and Raynolt. He wasn't sure what was about to happen but he had a bad feeling about it.

In the brief moment, all he managed to be able to do was reach out and yell, "Take cover!"
Last post by Mysticsage - June 29, 2022, 12:26:19 PM
Feeling the buzzing against your skin, and choosing to ignore the sensation of being watched, you make the active decision to go back to the captain's quarter. However, as soon as you settle on that choice you feel the air shift around you. Everything seems to slow around, suddenly Veritas' words slow drawing out the sound, and the fog against your skin suddenly feels as thick as mud constricting your body. Only the buzzing feeling remained the same, as it began to shift, concentrating from a wave across your body into a single force like a knife trying to claw its way deeper into your being.

As the power moved from your physical body to push to something deeper, it touched something at the core of your being, something that the primal part of your brain tried to protect with everything you had, and yet it meant nothing against this force. At that moment that it touched your very soul, a connection was made between you and whatever was the source of the power, if only for a short moment. The source of the power was too alien, too massive, for you to really understand what it was, or what it was trying to do by making contact.

However, you could taste their desperation, an almost child-like need to not be left alone, these feelings and more bled through the connection to your soul washing over you as if you were actively drowning, and then at then the anger set in, and before you could even understand why this thing was upset the connection broke. The buzzing ended then, leaving your body completely numb, except for a burning sensation in your chest where your heart was.

Whatever that power had done to you in that split second that time had slowed it had left its mark, and then as if the world was exhaling, time resumed. A hand going to your chest feeling a warmth under your skin. However, the second shoe was about to drop.

"An eye on what?" Veritas asked looking where you were pointing, "All I can see is white mist."

The look on both men's faces was one of obvious confusion, as they looked back at you as if worried that you hit your head. Neither one of them had experienced what you just did as they continued to watch you in concern.

[info]you have about one turn before the back half of the boat will be struck with a massive lightning bolt, partially destroying the ship and blowing the three of you overboard as your vision goes white.

I just want to give you a moment to respond to what has just happened before the next thing goes off.[/info]

Last post by Schnizzer - June 27, 2022, 07:48:56 PM
[info]Will save: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote] [/info]
Last post by Mysticsage - June 27, 2022, 07:38:44 PM
"An eye on what?" Veritas asked looking where you were pointing, "All I can see is white mist."

The look on both men's faces was one of one obvious confusion as they looked back at you, as if worried that you hit your head in some way.

--
As you begin moving back towards the captain's quarters that buzzing you have been feeling intensifies as you threaten to break line of sight with the orb.

[info]if you want to ignore the feeling and break line of sight I'm gonna need a will save.[/info]
Last post by Schnizzer - June 27, 2022, 07:02:32 PM
Armand's eyes went a little wide as he started to walk away from Veritas. He wasn't a fan of being watched and certainly not by a giant floating ball of light in the sky. I wouldn't celebrate not being dead quite yet. Raynolt, we have a problem and I am not sure how much time we have. Whatever that is, He pointed to the ball of light in the sky, I think it knows we're here and is pulling us in. I need you to keep an eye on that and around us. I want a warning before we run into any more trouble.

He then moved quickly to the captain's quarters. Veritas, I'm going to check to see if there's anything else we can use or learn in the captain's quarters. He wasn't sure if there was more he could do so he decided if the ship were out of their control anyway, he would take a moment to find what he could that may be useful to them.

[info]Going to try and actually make a quick search of the captain's quarters besides what was on top of the desk
Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote] [/info]
Last post by Mysticsage - June 27, 2022, 06:12:23 PM
"The wind is acting weird in this fog," Raynolt said with a grimace, "the sails stopped moving the moment we entered this place."

However, it was the orb, that held your attention. As you focused on that orb that tingle that had begun to crawl up and down your skin intensified till you could feel it in your bones. Whatever that light was, it seemed to be the source of the influence, the magic, that seemed to be drowning the space in power. A level of power that would make even powerful mages sweat with envy. As you continued to look at it, something in the air actively shifted, and a thought crossed your mind at that moment.

What if, while you were looking at the light, the light was looking at you?

With that thought in mind, you turn to speak to Veritas he chuckles with nervous energy. "We're all alive so far, so that's a plus. I didn't plan for a sea of fog, but I guess this is one way to start things off. But I think we have a bigger problem the wheel refuses to turn. It's like its frozen."
Last post by Schnizzer - June 27, 2022, 05:30:45 PM
Armand watched the lightning and was bothered by a few things going on. Before he could panic he had to figure out what was going on. He shouted out to their master of sails, Raynolt, can you slow us down at all?

He then took a moment to study the light and lightning to figure out what he was seeing and how much danger they were in. He then looked over at his sponsor to see how he was fairing. No, he quickly thought to himself. Raynolt and Veritas were probably the only two people he could trust right now. They were in this together, sink or swim. He chuckled to himself, poor choice of words perhaps.

Veritas, How're you liking your adventure so far? Have you ever heard of anything like that? He smiled and there was a grim humor in his voice as he spoke up to the young man next to him.

[info][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/blockquote][/info]
Last post by Mysticsage - June 26, 2022, 06:37:18 PM
As you look out into the fog, trying to get a sense of the storm, you realize that you hear the storm still but the rain has significantly lessened around you. However, the thing that catches your attention the most is the lightning. Your boat seems to be traveling at a fast past, but the lighting that you see casting dark blue shadows through the mists of white seemed to be moving in slow motion. This is the first time that you have seen the actual structure of lightning, as it tried to claw through the fog. However, as you watch the lightning instead of falling in straight lines it curved oddly in unnatural circles right before your eyes. As if someone or something was actively bending the storm in the fog to their will.

One bolt of curving lightning arched across the sky drawing your sightline further into the distance, and that's when you saw it, like a second sun, A white orb floating in the sky. The first bit of real light you have seen in days.