Nothing to Phear

Started by Hasabushi, March 10, 2013, 05:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

He stroked the cat, it purred and in response he stroked her fur again. What could have passed for a semblance of a smile crossed his face. Regalia was his constant companion, never to far away and often not even seen. He continued with routine, untill oddly enough she raised her head and hissed unexpectantly.

"Vistors, I assume?"
Regalia didn't respond she simply set staring at the mahogany double doors that led out of the office and into the main hallway.
Sure enough a knock came reverberating loudly into the room.
"Come in..."

Both doors swung wide as his hired help entered the room. One of the largest figures approached dragging something behind him. The behemoth grinned showing several rows of very sharp almost shark-like teeth.

"We got's him boss, jus like ya wanted."

"Very good Behemoth, show me what you brought me..."
The hulking figure dropped his "package" right in front of Tobias Phear. It fell with a dull thump, a moaning sound could be heard coming from within. Phear dropped Regalia to the ground, she meowed and approached the wrapped figure, her eyes glowed briefly as she continued to smell its contents.

"Mr Phear, we's got him good, no?"
Behemoth kicked the figure, "Wakes up Mr Phear wan'z to speak with ya!", he looked to his boss for approval but received none, Mr Phear barely even acknowledged him, waiting for the bags occupant to stir. He locked eyes with Regalia, she meowed and he nodded.

Behemoth backed away, though he feared nothing, he always felt uneasy around Mr Phears cat. He didn't like her at all, her eyes were creepy to him. It felt like she was always looking right through him. He didn't like that one bit.

The bag stirred more so now, it didn't just stir,  someone was tearing at the insides, it soon ripped open like a ripe tomato, A woman stood to her feet, flames exploding from all around her

To be Continued...

Hasabushi

Nothing to Phear 2

The window shattered...
Broken glass on his back...

But Phear felt nothing. For as long as he could remember he felt nothing, and it seemed nothing could hurt him. For all intents and purposes, he was essentialy a god.

The flame blast jettisoned him through the rear window of his office, sending him flying high into the air. His body soon arched as his trajectory was reached, now he plummeted toward the ground, he bounced once maybe twice. It didn't really matter because Phear felt nothing.

As his body ceased it's roll and tumble, he stood to his feet, dusted off his now tattered Italian bussiness suit, allowing the remains to fall at his feet. Underneath a golden metallic skin reflected the noon sun.

"A gift for a god.", he thought to himself. "Ah here she comes."

"Flamestrike.. Jessica, what a pleasure to have you join me I.."

"YOU KILLED THEM TOBIAS, YOU KILLED THEM ALL!! I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!! I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!!"

Flamestrike clasped her hands together, a roaring ball of fire left her fingertips. It flew as it filled the air with a sulphuric smell, superheating the air. Phear stood firm as the projectile impacted him dead on, the ground around him caught fire and he promptly, dramaticaly stepped through the flame.

"I see your getting better.", he sniffed the air, "Was that sulfur I smell?"

"TO HELL WITH YOU TOBIAS I HAVEN'T SHOWN YOU WHAT I CAN REALLY DO!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF!!"

"I have no doubt my dear, but that will have to wait for another day."

Phear snapped his fingers and in a suprise attack Behemoth lept forty feet into the air and pulled Flamestrike from the sky, smashing her into the ground, the fire around her flickered than went out. Behemoth raised his fist to finish the job.

"No Hugo, not yet, there will be a time, but not yet.", he sighed "Come there is much work to be done."

Behemoth looked over at the fallen girl, she was beautiful to look at, but he never let that get in the way of his job. "Wha't about her boss?"

"Leaver her, she will get the message to the others, the rest will play itself out."

Behemoth shrugged, "You da Boss"

"Yes Hugo I am..."

TO BE CONTINUED