How Stats are Tracked

Started by Hasabushi, April 14, 2016, 11:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

I'll be in process of rewriting some of the damage mechanics in this next scenario. Every character will have a STATUS section that they need to copy and paste into their character response before their post, this is to show that you have read and understand your current status.

NEW CHARACTERS COPY THIS:
[font=courier]
[CONDITION STATS]
SCT = None
DMG = Healthy
ERT = Healthy
MND = Rested
STATUS = Waiting

[ALIGNMENT]
Hero: 0
Villain: 0
[/font]

Now to business:

There are 4 primary forms of damage that a player can both receive and give:
1. Physical - this includes melee, and use of  any weapons that cause impact, penetration or blunt damage.
2. Energy - this includes weapons powered by plasma or other forms of radiation, including projectiles.
3. Magical - this includes any powers that are of the mystical nature.
4. Psionics - any and all mental based powers.

BAD = Body Area Damage Which areas of the body have been injured, and what is that injury. (Upper Arm -> Laceration)
DMG = Percentage of damage/Type of Damage if known.
ERT = Estimated Recovery/Repair Time.
MND = Condition of mind will and emotions - ranges from CALM to TERRIFIED
STATUS = Overall Status.(GM)

Percentage of Damage
01-05% - Laughable - if you complain about this your a big wuss.
06-15% - barely noticable - This is the boo-boo's that mommy used to kiss.
16%-25% - uncomfortable - It only hurts if you bump it.
26%-36% - painful - It bothers you enough for it to impede your actions, I wouldn't run any marathons.
37%-47% - lacerated - Yep it's bleeding, I would look for some help or at least a first aid kit.
48%-56% - bleeding level 1 - If you don't stop the bleeding soon it could go to level 2.
57%-70% - bleeding level 2 - See there you didn't listen now look at you, you should get that looked at before level 3.
71%-80% - bleeding level 3 - Okay now your bleeding all over the place this could get nasty.
81%-90% - Missing Limb - Now where did I put that...
91%-100% - Unconscious - Your bleeding to death and have now passed out, please don't run after any tunnels of light. I mean it really stay away from them.
101% + - Hmm time to notify the next of kin.

Mental Conditions MND:
Rested - best conditions for focusing or using mental abilities. + 5 for all actions.
Alert - slightly on edge and ready for action, still +1 for all actions, +2 vs sneak attack or ambush.
Focused - concentrating on one target, aware of surrounding but not as responsive. +2 on any action used toward focused enemy.
Stressed - a stressful situation that causes adrenaline to dump. More reactionary/primal, +3 on all aggressive actions. -2 on any mental tasks.
Scatterbrained - unable to concentrate, mind wanders due to increased levels of exhaustion.
Tired - Close to exhaustion, small tasks become more difficult -5, unable to focus, +5 on all attacks toward player, defensive actions -3, all attacks suffer a -2 penalty.
Exhausted - Concentration is almost non-existent, must roll against chance of passing out falling asleep(60%) - 5 on all actions.
Passed Out/Sleeping - no actions can be performed character must rest at least 1 hour per level of exhaustion(5 total). Sleep must be uninterrupted.

Special:
Terrified - inability to react, flight or fight mode. Must roll vs paralyzing fear, suffers -10 penalties for all actions attempted while terrified, loss of motor reflexes, more likely to shake and fumble during actions.
Calm - immediate state after coming out of sleep, if players successfully enters REM sleep.
Groggy - not enough sleep, less than 30 minutes (power nap) Player suffers -2 to all actions until fully awake.