Professions and Crafting

Started by Throndir, March 01, 2014, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteCheck
You can practice your trade and make a decent living, earning about half your Profession/Crafting check result in gold pieces per week of dedicated work. You know how to use the tools of your trade, how to perform the profession?s daily tasks, how to supervise helpers, and how to handle common problems.

Simplifying the roll. It will be a Take 10 for your character's profession/craft skill. We'll round up. Time will be based on real-life weeks. The "Start-date" of your profession/craft is either:

1) When you first created your character.
2) When you decided to take a profession.

Some other specifics.

• I'll go ahead and cover missed weeks all at once.
  • We're increasing the money earned by x4. Eg, we figure out how much gold you first earn using a Take 10   profession/craft skill modifier, halved, then multiplied by 4.
  • Only one profession/craft per character that can earn money. If there's enough demand we can think of a system where we can allow for multiple professions, but still be fair.
  • I'll be using your highest craft or profession skill, whichever is higher.
  • Perform skill will be used, albeit only half the ranks, rounded up.
  • Bonus gold is given per story posted in the Tales of the Guild section. As well as the normal freeform exp. The story must be related with your profession (starting it, a day of, interaction with a customer, etc). The gold earned will follow a similar formula to freeform exp, which will be undisclosed.
  • When you need the money, we'll calculate it then and there and deposit the money in your bank.
  • If you believe your character had a inherent profession/craft (perhaps it just wasn't added to your char sheet for some reason or another), speak up so I can add you to the list. Otherwise the start-date of your profession/craft is after you let me know what the profession/craft is. I will only count the profession/craft on the earliest instance of when you first mentioned it. I may have the dates wrong below, please let me know along with a post that first described or hinted at the profession/craft.
  • Please let me know ASAP if you decide to level up and use skill ranks into improving your profession/craft skill, so that I can update the below list with the information.

Throndir

Kain

Vanil has Profession (Blacksmith) 6, and Craft (Traps) 5.

I write, I draw, and I turn into an eagle during sex.
Also I play Swift and Vanil.

Mysticsage

Kryas has a performance skill of 21 for performances and has a weaving skill of 11

Linwelin

Kin has a weaponsmithing of +8 (7 ranks). Also, I'll go ahead and claim the gold, putting it in the back until I use it for my sword enchantment :D
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

I will claim my own money as well for a crystal echoblade enchant

kai927

So, assuming this is still a thing, Katia has profession (writer). She writes various bright and happy stories under a pen name.

Throndir

Thanks for letting me know, added your entries to the sheet.

Linwelin

Oh hey, I guess we should throw Vladimir on the list. Has a perform(dance) of 10 (6 ranks). Those night performances should rake in the gold XD
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Claiming teh monies once more for Kin and Vlad :D
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Kin looked over the hammer and chisel set that he'd been issued to repair at his shop. Everything seemed to be in order, and yet Kin still sighed. He set the tools into a partitioned area, noting them as ready for pick up. "Well, that earns me another few gold...but damn this is boring! WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS!? It's been slow lately."

[info]Resolving gold for Kin.[/info]

And yet again, Vladimir found himself in a well-established tavern. No, not drinking merrily. Dancing. It was his skill, learned years past, that he kept up with as a form of relaxation and dexterity training (always the efficient one, this methuselan). However, considering the lack of available missions for him lately, this was how he made his money. From the cheers, nods, and offered drinks, he assumed it was an appreciated performance; that didn't mean he enjoyed the merriment and attention. He didn't like being in the spotlight, which left him rather unnerved. That I even consider doing this in front of others...but money is money. I seem to gather a larger crowd with every performance, and even regulars....I really have mixed feeling about this.

[info]Resolving gold for Vladimir.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Claiming Vlad's money yet again :D
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_