[Kryas] Forget-Me-Not

Started by Mysticsage, November 26, 2013, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annia Siadon

The situation was tense, and Annia knew well enough that Kin would do most if not all of the talking as the halfling had a tendency to blurt out the first things that came to his mind. As usual, the bartender of their guild's tavern, gave her the usual apple cider, knowing full well that the knight chose to avoid any sort of alcohol.

When Kin prompted Kryas to talk, Annia was more than just a bit curious.

"Serena is in good hands, the clerics of our guild haven't failed us yet." Annia said, attempting to placate at least one potential worry. The knight she knew however, that learning more of the bard's tale was something Kryas had to choose himself whether or not to tell. So the knight patiently waited, keeping a close eye on the seemingly troubled bard, sipping slowly at the cider she had been given.
Better a truth to be told openly, than lies spun to mask it.

Mysticsage

Kryas breathed another sigh as the bartender brought out a large crystal decanter filled with a clear liquor and a small dish like cup. He had brought the substance with him when he first came to the guild from his travels. He had asked the barkeep to hold onto it in the cellars for him. Pouring a tiny bit into the dish he was surrounded by the smell of peaches. Though the bard rarely drank when he did he perfered something like this. Smooth fruity, but deceptively potent.

Downing the drink with one flip of his wrist he let the warmth of the drink coat his tongue. It was better severed warm but still this is what he needed.

Opening his eyes and finally taking notice of Kin and Annia. He could guess at the question clearly written on the halfling's face. They deserved an explication of some kind after seeing what they had seen. Though he was not totally sure how much he was willing to share or even where to begin. "I guess the best bet is just sticking to the obvious and working your way backwards.? he thought to himself. He was struggling putting his own thoughts together so talking it out even if he did not say everything that was on his mind would be helpful.

?Sorry guys but, I don?t have a clear answer for you I have basic guess not much more.? Half true he would need to chat with Serena but he had seen such magic before and knew pretty well what would have had to happen to pull it off. The only problem was that it would have been almost impossible for her to do it on her own unless the circumstances were perfect.

At the expectant face of the Annia and Kin urging him to go own he took a deep breath. ?I can only assume that she was pulled here by our bond.

More blank stares.

?Okay, how do i explain this??
he said grasping his head while he thought filling his cup and then emptying it again.

?Where I come from we are taught from a young age that from the moment you meet anyone for the first time you become connected to them. What that connection is made from my teachers used to argue about but for this lets call it a ?string?. Now this connection when first made is no bigger then a single stand of silk. Easily ignored by the world and the powers that be. But as you interact more and more with someone else that strand grows thicker and thicker exerting it?s own pressure on the fabric of the world.

As it strengthens the two people are supposedly forced to meet each other again and again creating a cycle to the point that they will always meet. That is how my people explain two dead lovers reconnecting in their next lives. The bond between them was so strong that it remained even after death urging them together.

Even friends are said to rub off on each other because of this bond. Their energies transfer and mix along the length of the string altering them both. Even miracles can occur if the bond is strong enough.

This process also works in reverse however, rivals or enemies who clash on the battle field are said to find each other because of that bond. That they will continue to clash unless the bond is cut or their relationship changes.

It is said that once the bonds are truly massive not even the god?s can attempt to separate them. Only those trained gods or others, in shattering that bond have the hope of separating them. Either that or the creation of an equally strong bond that pulls them apart. Even then however it is said that they are not truly free of one another the thread has just changed course but they are still bound to one another.

If I had to guess it was that bond that brought her here. as to why or how you would have to ask her.
? Another lie she most likely not know herself but it would at least stay that question till later.

Linwelin

After his question, Kin saw that Kryas didn't even realize he was speaking, and thus waited until the bard downed the strange (most likely fruity, having seen Kryas' obsession with such scents and foods) liquor. Finally his eyes lost their cloudy gaze and the Kryas they knew could be seen.

Kin listened intently for his friend's sake, though once or twice he nearly lost focus over all the mushy, romantic bond stuff. Once Kryas noted that he and Serena shared such a bond, Kin's eyes lit up a little in assumed understanding. "So you ARE lovers! But, umm...question. You talked of her as though she was dead...so was she. DID YOUR LOVE BRING HER BACK FROM THE DEAD!? Talk about fairy-tale-gone-reality! Eesh." Kin took a swig of his mead to distract himself from the absurdity of the situation. "I mean really, when are you NOT surrounded by odd magics and situations, Kryas?" He said this in rhetorical frustration, obviously not sure how to take the news.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas could not help but make a somewhat hollow laugh at his friends outburst, ?Kin, life is strange beyond our wildest dreams the magic always existed it just takes the knowledge and experience to realize it. Magic is in the blood of my people, so I?ve had plenty of experience, I've made such things into my livelihood after all.? 

Taking a sip of his drink again, ?And as to my relationship with Serena I won?t deny we have a past, and we do share feelings, but it is more complicated then just love can cover. There are very few fairytale endings in life that work that way." He took an extra breath in that moment looking pained then turning it into a smile. ?Not that we are anything like scorned lovers or anything like that. Just complications?

?As for bringing her back from the dead I very much doubt it. She may look fragile now, but she can take a punch better then Golas could in armor. Killing her would take quite a feat. Wherever the magic pulled her from it was most likely the transit that left her in her current state. What she needs now is some rest and care once she?s on he feet again you can ask her yourself.?

?Thank you by the way Kin, Annia I don?t think I could have got her here without you two. I really am eternally grateful?