[Kryas] Forget-Me-Not

Started by Mysticsage, November 26, 2013, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

She perked up when Kryas began explaining why he had the flowers and who it was that they were planning to visit. Romance had been something foreign to Annia, and though she did have occasional urges, it was something she had ever explored before. She smiled wistfully.

"You speak as if this Serena was a long lost love. It seems I've missed more than half of the conversation, but you're meeting her again just now? It seems like a story you need to tell Kryas, and I'm interested in this Serena. Is she travelling to Ternadan?" As she followed the two, she kept glancing at the flowers Kryas held. "If you haven't seen her in a long time, you should do everything! Streamers, music, welcome parties, fireworks! Oh I wonder if the city would let us explode a few... Feasts, romantic evenings, roses..." Annia continued to ramble, her eyes alight with her curious nature, imaging and as well as telling the two all the sorts of things that she thought would be fitting, listing off things that she had only read in the books she read in the guild's library.

"It would be grand!"

Linwelin

Kin had to stifle a laugh, he had forgotten Annia was excitable, as her disciplined demeanor as a paladin hid her curious side so well. For once, Kin stayed quiet to enjoy the show. Though Kin could see that her assumption wasn't quite on the mark from Kryas' expression. And yet, he had flowers and spoke of her fondly. Kryas was always hard to read, but this time was even more difficult.

"Well, knowing Kryas, it's an odd relationship, so no kidding it's hard to peg down." He grumbled, speaking aloud with no context.

"Anyways, how much longer? We've talked so much on this that I feel like we need this woman's point of view already!" He said impatiently. "Also, I want to see that view you praised so much."

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Leading through the forest path Kryas couldn't help but smiled at Kin's words it helped him put his mind at ease. It was for reasons like these that he chose to hang around with him in the first place.

"Life is very rarely rarely simple or straight forward," he chuckled. Continuing to lead through the forest a few more moments and up a rather steep hill he pushed through the brush to reveal there destination. A grassy cliff side over hang with a large gnarled cherry blossom tree swaying gentle in the wind. From their vantage point the sea was ahead of them and the city off to the left the sounds of the sea and the birds mixing with the distant bustle of the town. It was a breath taking view as the water glittered from the the sunlight making miniature rainbows. The cooling spray was wonderful against there skin.

"So Kin, Annia, What do you think, special right?"
Walking he walked under the shade of the tree branches green and having lost all it's blooms, "This place is even more spectacular at night you can see so many stars and the moon is so big she really would have loved it here the view is just like home."

He breathed in the sea breeze mixing with the flowers were holding and in that one moment he felt like he would break down glad to be shielded from the others by the branches and shadow of the tree. Taking a long shaky breath however he smiled stepping just mere inches from the edge of the cliff he felt the air swirl around him. "I hope these flowers reach you carried by the wind and my dreams my dearest Serena." With a short prayer holding the pendent around his neck he threw the flowers into the wind. 

Linwelin

"Yes, yes, I think our guild is a testament to that! Haha. You'll not find a more varied group of people and stories than that." Kin said bluntly, then grumbled under his breath, "Some of which I wish weren't told..." He then sighed and shrugged, continuing to walk behind the bard.

When they managed to reach the view, Kin was content. It outdid what he expected from the scenery in the area, and seeing such an old cherry tree gave him a feeling of awe. There weren't many around these parts anymore. "Well I can certainly see how you're partial to this spot, cherry trees aren't common around here, and it's in just the right place." Kin then proceeded to flop down on the ground, staring up at the sky through the tree's branches, letting out a relaxed sigh.

"So now that we're here, where's the girl? I can't imagine anywhere else being the meeting place for-" He then saw Kryas whisper, then toss the flowers over the cliff, a forlorn look on his face. "...Oh. That explains that." And Kin shut his mouth.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tales of long lost loves have been fluttering through Annia's mind all throughout their journey towards wherever it was Kryas was taking them. Naturally Annia was excited, she never realized Kryas had someone special he looked after, and never even realized that someone like that was near the vicinity of the city. When the group reached the top of the steep hill, Annia was amazed at the view. The scanned the area, perhaps this Serena was nearby? But there didn't seem to be anyone to be found.

"It's wonderful Kryas." Annia replied as she took a place beside Kin, sitting down, rather than laying face up like what the halfling was doing.

All the stories that Annia had read in their grand library back in the guild halls did little to prepare Annia for what was coming next. As the sparkle and wonder in her eyes disappeared, her features seemingly more somber as she watched the bard throw the flowers into the wind. The knight glanced at Kryas, her eyes questioning, but all the same she kept silent, waiting for someone else to break the silence that ensued.

Mysticsage

Kryas turned to face the others, the few tears shed now gone replaced by the usual smile.

"There is no need to look that sad you two! I didn't bring you here to get weighed down by the past. " he flopped down in the sunlight arms back warming his face and body. Serena never liked having people worry about her anyway to see people mourning well she'd be scolding me for days." [/color]He chuckled, "it's been an entire year since I've seen any of my old friends. Time sure is ruthless sometimes. I've been doing little things all week for all of them and this is the last of it. Hopefully where ever the winds of fate have scattered us they still know I will make sure we are all able to see each other again the eight of us. My dearest family I hope the winds keep you safe and warm, especially you my goddess of the moon."[/color]

Kryas was thankful that he was not alone in this moment. Having friends beside him kept his hurting heart quite. The key was to always keep smiling no matter the cost and to keep on moving. The sea breeze felt wonderful against his skin as he closed his eyes.

May the goddess mother Alteimaria  give us her blessing and support us. Even if that means taring the fabric of reality asunder.[/color]

It was then that the wind seemed to suddenly shift direction though Kryas took no notice of anything as he was lost in his own mind. The air itself seemed to come alive the ocean becoming louder and more violent. Even the sky itself began to shift turning to near twilight spreading as the sun seemed to disappear as thousands of stars took its place.

Linwelin

Kin was set a little more at ease when Kryas explained the circumstances. He still wasn't sure whether this 'Serena' was dead or not. This bard was always way too much of an enigma. So instead the halfling gave up on thinking about it, as he'd been staring at the sky cloud watching before. So he continued just that, enjoying the weather.

Then the scenery began to shift greatly, and Kin became unnerved. He was the first to take notice, as he'd already been preoccupied with the sky when it began changing. "Oi, what in the nine hells! Where'd my clouds go!? And the sun! Even the breeze has changed..." He immediately looked to the other two to see if they were seeing this, too. He had to make sure he wasn't going crazy, after all.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas could not believe what he was seeing when he opened his eyes. The sky had turned to look like one he was all to familiar with. A night sky straight out of his memories.  Kryas only faintly heard Kin ask some kind of question to mesmerized by what was happening to really respond simply nodding his head out of reflex then understanding.

Power was alive in the air at that moment sizzling and cracking with the wind. The long strands of energy were pooling in front of them hanging in the air at the edge of the cliff nearly translusent. It felt like everything all of existence was being pulled to that singular distortion. The wind, the waves everything was focused on this swirling disk. Then Kryas felt something warm against his chest. His crystal pendent was shining different colors all throughout the spectrum nearly blinding him.

It was when he saw the light that Kryas finally understood. "This thing is a Gate!" [/color]His voice carrying over the other noise. He was in utter shock a gate here? Now? He did not think that this land had the magical energy required to make such a thing. For his Goddess to be stretching herself so far. Would she truly go to such great lengths, or was this someone else's doing?

"I guess the only way to find out is to open it and see what lays on the other side."[/color] His eyes gaining a strange glow from the light around his neck. The gate was unstable to say the least crafting a doorway would simply cause the connection to collapse in on itself. But maybe if he could make it explode outward.

Stepping forward slowly to the rippling air he stood to where he could feel it's power pulling but far enough away that he could run if something went wrong. It had been quite some time since he had used this kind of magic. He would have to be confident commanding. Breathing in the power his eyes grew deadly. The same energy that made the distortion was now swirling around him like a tornado. Then everything seemed to go quite as he uttered his next word.

"Shatter!" [/color]It was almost a whisper but as soon as he said it the pool began to bulge then constrict rapidly. Violently it tried to keep itself together and then like someone threw a rock through a pain of glass the distortion exploded outwards in sparkling shards. The hole that was left behind like a gaping maw only lasted for a few moments filled with an inky blackness. In those few moments however something emerged ethereally and began floating down as if suspended by strings. Once the hole closed on it self the energy dispersed and everything returned to normal the wind died down and the sky turned bright blue and sunny.

Kryas however took no notice of any of it he was locked on the thing that was slowly descending towards them. As it got closer they could all make out what he was hoping was true. It was a girl tall and sinewy, with long light blue hair splayed out as she descended. She was wearing a blue dress that matched her hair and a bright crimson red head band and bead necklace. A divine aura surrounded her. She was tremendously beautiful and almost angel like

"Serena" [/color]

She landed in his outstretched arms as if she was as light as a feather. Then the aura disappeared and he winced slightly as her weight returned yet he did not even move cradling her like she was going to turn to dust at the nearest moment. Kryas stood there holding her tears welling in his eyes. He was lost in the moment, so lost that he had yet to notice that she did not seem to be breathing.

Linwelin

Kin had never seen such a focused, extensive magical presence in all his time on Elodria; and he'd seen a lot, so that meant something.

"A gate? What the hell is someone gating here for!? This isn't any normal one, WAY too powerful. Gods, I hate magic." Kin was on edge, ready to fight, or even run, at a moment's notice. The Kryas mentioned 'opening' it. "Open it!? Are you mad!? Mysteries are one thing, but this may be too much to handle!" However, Kin then saw Kryas' expression; he seemed almost familiar with this strange power.

Then in one explosive moment, Kin watched the bard twist and shatter the power before them. A hole opened, a girl fell out, and everything went back to normal. Well, except the girl. Kin walked up beside Kryas, "You're not just a simple adventuring bard, are you? And what in the nine hells is she? WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS IS ALL OF THIS!?" It was obvious Kin was a 'little' shaken.

Then he heard it.

"Serena."

"What." Kin stood there stupefied for a moment. "THAT'S Serena!? Isn't she, well, you know, DEAD!?"

Then Kin saw what the emotionally shocked bard couldn't. There was no breathing. "Damn it all! Kryas, she's not breathing! You've got her there, check to see if there's a pulse!" Kin knelt down to assist if need be. "Annia, you can heal, right? We may need that in a moment."

Kin was all sorts of confused. But he was putting his questions aside for now. There was a person either dead or dying in front of him, someone dear to Kryas. There was nothing else to do but see if she could be stabilized.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

When the winds had shifted and when the scenery around them seemed to change and a sudden force of magic appeared in front of Kryas, Annia was already on the alert, keeping her hand on the hilt of her katana invisible in the sheath that Kryas had given her. She wasn't sure what to expect, but she knew that whatever was happening in front of them was something of great power. Anytime something like that appeared nearby, it was always better to stay on the side of caution. With no one else seemingly around them, the huge magical disturbance in front of them wasn't something to so easily trifle with.

But instead of danger, a lady appeared out of thin air, floating gently down towards Kryas. It was Serena, and at the mention of her name, Annia relaxed her grip on her weapon though she continued to keep an eye out. She recalled Kryas' words earlier, about asking Alteimaria to give them support even if it meant tearing the fabric of reality itself. It was as if the goddess heard his prayer. When Kin mentioned that she wasn't breathing, Annia finally drew closer. She still kept a respectful distance away however. Annia knew there was some history between the two, and a divine gift such as this was something to be honored.

"Don't let this reunion come to naught." She bit her lip. She knew the spells granted to her by Valtean, specifically those that granted healing only eased pain and mended wounds. Annia didn't know Serena's conditions, so she was unsure what help she could do. Annia placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Focus on her Kryas. Alteimaria isn't a goddess to take away a blessing that had just been given." Annia was concerned of course, she wasn't sure what Serena's state was, but with no breathing at all, that only gave them more of a sense of urgency.

Mysticsage

Kryas could not hear them he was shellshocked by what had come out of the other end of the gate. For her to appear to him now after all this time had past it must be a dream. All he could do was hold her, expecting that at any given moment she would simply easily disappear or turn into sand and slip through his fingers. Then he would wake up in his bedroom as always.

He sank to his knees then still holding her against his chest. It was like he had been placed in a vacuum the rest of the world was almost completely silent. Then he had a thought that made it all come crashing down on top of him.

"What if this was real?"[/color]

Then the vacuum that had been strangling the bard's ability to reason simply let go. The screams of his friends now fully heard. She was not breathing. Putting his ear to her chest he listened. Her pulse was so very faint the rhythmic notes just barely reaching his sensitive ear. This figment could just evaporate right before his eyes.

He could not allow that.
He would never allow that.

Without even thinking he allowed his magic come bursting alive coursing through his veins like a flood he kissed the girl. Forcing his own energy into her he held the half stooped pose a moment longer. The quickly listened for her heart beat again. It was still distressingly faint but better then before. He bought himself a little time he only hoped it would be enough.

"Annia, Kin I need your help! We need to get her back to the guild hall NOW!"  He said whipping around lifting up the seemingly limp body. Looking over at Kin, "Kin run ahead and get any many of the guilds healers as you can I need a space in the infirmary and all hands on deck if we are going to save her! Tell them to get moon flowers. There the pink petaled flowers with white and blue in the center. A herbalist will know what I mean as many as you can manage got that? She needs to be in a bath With those flowers before major healing can be applied."

Turning to Annia he then said his eyes burning "Do  you think you have enough healing magic to help me keep her stable? My knowledge of the healing arts alone won't be enough while I also carry her back to the guild."[/color]

He would carry her back as fast as he could manage to the guild hall.

Linwelin

"Healers and moon flowers! Got it!" Kin said quickly, as he darted down the hill. All the shouts and cries of frustration meant nothing to him as he dodged his way through the crowd and made his way back to the hall. He barged through the door, everyone nearby turning to look at him. Seeing who it was, some turned back with a sigh, muttering something along the lines of "Oh, it's Kin again."

But those that knew him well could tell there was trouble, the halfling's expression said it all. "We need healers! Now! And anyone who deals with herbs, gather any moon flowers you have! I'll reimburse you later, it's an emergency! The one who needs healing is on the way, they're on death's doorstep. One of Kryas' old friends! Come on, come on, hurry!"

Kin ran around, gathering whatever healers he could find, and instructing them to start up a bath. When they asked why a bath, and what was going on, he answered bluntly, "I don't know, ask Kryas when he gets here, just do it!"

Once the setup was getting toward completion, Kin soon felt his adrenaline give out. He'd sprinted a couple miles at least, and so after staggering to a nearby chair, he closed his eyes, slumped back, and thought. What the hell is going on? Who the hell is this Serena? He was grumbling and panting to himself for a moment as he replayed the events in his head. Then, he realized something, and despite the situation, smirked. He kissed her pretty good there, huh? Well, knowing this place, she'll make it through this ordeal. And when she does, I'll be sure to use that to my advantage...

"That response should solve a lot of mysteries." Kin mumbled to himself.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The knight couldn't stifle a slight blush as she watched Kryas kiss his lover. It was something that she really only grew up reading about. Romances such as those weren't really as encouraged in the temple where she learned her skills and training. She had seen couples kiss before of course, in her time with the Silver Arms, after serving the Golden Dawn, as well as now as a member of Galas'nor. But Annia felt what she had just witnessed was something that seemed more personal. Annia had trouble describing it into words, but as the bard started barking orders, Annia, accustomed to such, began nodding.

Asking a prayer to her own goddess, Valtean, her hands began to glow a soft light. Like Kryas before her, Annia began pouring her own divine power granted to her by Valtean into the seemingly comatose woman. The divine gift of healing wasn't always as specific, and when wounds or injuries came where Clerics could not quite pinpoint where the issue was, divine healing usually had better results. So it was a time like this that Annia prayed. Not just to keep her position as a knight of the Golden Dawn. Nor her duties as a member of the guild. Nor was it just for the deathly still girl slung on Kryas shoulder. Mainly, it was for her friend, the bard, who really did deserve better in life, and that, she decided, was something worth having.

With a glowing hand on Serena, Annia began placing another on Kryas' shoulder. She chanted softly as she began casting a spell to increase his strength. The journey back to town was still a distance away, the hill being a secluded and almost serene area.

"Find the strength Kryas." She said, her words construed in more than one way.

Mysticsage

Kryas held Serena like a bride in his arms, and only nodded as Aria laid her hand on his shoulder. His mind was still racing about what was going on, but one thing did standout clearly in the chaos. He had to move fast. If there were any chance of saving her he would have to get back to the guild as fast as possible. Yet in her fragile condition he didn?t believe she would last him trying to run her back their of his own power.

Glancing over side long at Annia he knew that if he made a misstep now more questions would begin to surround them both. But, he was willing to risk it all he was not going to let Serena slip through his fingers again.

"Hold her for a minute." It was not a request but a command as he turned and handed his charge to Annia quickly before she had a chance to say a word. Turning so that his back was facing the two girls completely he let out a shaky sigh. This was not a good time to let nerves get the better of him. No, instead of nerves if  he grabbed onto this thread of hope and steeled himself even the gods could not stop him.

Pushing all the negative emotions free from his mind. He bit hard into his thumb till he tasted blood.

Hear me oh winds of fate
My authority is law, and by my power and blood as catalyst.
I call to you to open a seam within reality so that I may open a gateway.
Creating a passage to the place I see within my heart and mind.
Swing the doors open wide for those I wish to give passage
As is the right given to me by my blood and heritage

Kryas flicked a droplet of his blood into the air in front of them and it suspended in mid air as he said the final line.  Hovering there the blood began to glow a luminescent purple color as waves and sparks of magical energy began to spring from that spot. The energy quickly devoured the blood entirely as the now orb of magical energy continued to osculate and grow where the blood once was. Until it had formed a thin oval shaped disk about seven feet tall and three feet wide. The disk began to pull apart at the center until it became an oval ring portal. On the other side of the gateway a dark looking cellar stared back at them. Thee sounds of people running around frantically drifting to their ears.Without another word Kryas began pulling Annia through the portal.

As they crossed the threshold the portal closed behind them and they found themselves in the lowest basement level of the guild's spirit storage. The sound of Kin?s work carrying down from the upper floors. As Kryas turned to fac Annia he put his finger to his lips to signal her silence before lifting Serena?s body from her arms, and carrying her up the stairs careful not to be noticed and to walk into the bathing hall from a side entrance so that it raised less suspension

They were still getting the final parts of the bath together as strode confidently over to the head cleric. He lowered his unconscious charge into the water. Her long strands of hair spreading around her. Soon after she was placed in the bath he whispered something in her ear, and the water started to glow. The flowers that shared the bath with her also began to change. The pods of this flower normally bloom under the light of the full moon, and yet every one they had managed to pack in began to open up in full bloom. They released a sparkling perfumed pollen that made it feel like starlight.

Reading the scene the head cleric began barking orders to the other healers to begin the process of mending her. In all the commotion All three of the other guild members were forced out so as to not distract from the delicate work.

Kryas looked exhausted now that the full emotional toll that had just occurred. He needed to sit down and maybe get a drink. He absent minded lay began to make the trudge back to the guild's tavern. A private room meant only for those of the guild in the back where he could relax would be nice about now. He didn't even recognize if the others followed or not until he reached his destination.

Linwelin

Kin was satisfied with how quickly things were coming together, and fairly surprised people had actually listened to him so quickly. The bath was mostly set and the healers within the guild were preparing a variety of different magics so they were prepared for any situation. Kin had decided not to try to explain her condition because, frankly, he didn't know. And as a battle veteran, he knew misinformation about injuries was often worse than not knowing. Just as he was about to turn around and announce 'Now we wait', Kryas and Annia came marching through the door, headed for the bath, Serena in arms.

The halfling didn't even waste time with details, nor asking how they made it here so quickly. He'd gotten here only 5 minutes ago himself. Mystery was this bard's plaything, after all. Kin wasn't convinced he'd ever get used to surprises from him. "Alright, let's go, let's go!" Kin shouted as he ushered Kryas toward the head priest and the bath. Though he'd said that, the halfling could only watch at this point. It was far beyond his expertise, after all. Though he'd been looking forward to seeing the whole process, especially once the flowers bloomed, the clerics quickly escorted them out of the room.

He watched and followed as Kryas marched downstairs, and knew from his demeanor that he was looking to drink. Without hesitation, Kin ran ahead, knowing well that Kryas probably didn't even notice him. Upon meeting up with the bartender and making sure the back room was open (he had to 'shoo' one patron from it), he asked for Kryas' favorite drink, along with a mead and some ale. "You probably know better than I what that bard'll enjoy, but once all is ready, could you bring it to the back for us? The half-elf's been through quite an ordeal."

Kin waited patiently, and in a few moments, both Kryas and Annia walked in and sat down. Kin decided to wait until the drinks arrived to start talking, otherwise Kryas would never be settled enough. However, he only decided this after trying to speak in the first place. "So would you mind telling us what in the nine hells just happened?" Pause. No response. Sigh.

Finally the drinks arrived, and Kin quickly took a swig of his mead. He had no idea what was brought for Kryas, but from the looks of it, it certainly matched the bard's taste. Without a word, he deftly handed the bartender a gold piece for the sudden trouble.

"So, are ya ready to talk now?" Kin asked, giving Annia a side-long glance to check that he wasn't the only one curious.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_