[Kryas] Forget-Me-Not

Started by Mysticsage, November 26, 2013, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

The bell jingled and the door to the one of the towns many flower shops Kryas excited to the sound of the shop clerics wishes for him to "Have a good day."

He chuckled a soft dry chuckle at the irony of the statement as took a deep breath of the mammoth sized bouquet of blue tinted flowers. 

"Ah, bittersweet life" he said while walking through the market place humming a tune to himself. Today was a day that would always be and had always been entrenched in his mind for better or worse.

Linwelin

Finally stepping away from the fires of the smithy, the halfling wandered onto the streets, having done what he set out to do.

"Thanks again for the help, Kin! There were too many orders for me to handle yet again! I'll call again if there's any more work to be done! The old, overworked smith called out from inside the shop.

Kin shouted back, knowing the fires and bellows made too much noise to hear over otherwise. "No problem, old man! I'm happy to help!" And to have made a bit of gold. He thinks to himself.

"By the gods, Kin, stop it with the 'old man' crap! I've got a name, you know! And you know it!"

Of course he knew, but he was going to continue, regardless, every time. "Yea, yea, Fredrick. I'll be around to talk, and if my blades ever need sharpening"

With that he pulled out his stumbled-upon masterpiece, the beautiful bronze-embellished steel battleaxe he'd nabbed from the Temple of Dorgan; resharpened and shining in the sunlight. Not that he ever wanted to use it if he didn't have to. He prefered the sword on his back, also sharpened. After all, this was one of the freer of his days off work, he wanted to take advantage. Done staring at his favorite masterpiece, he set the axe back in the intricate sheath at his side, which he had made to match it as best he could. Bronze was easy enough to work, after all, and he had studied the axe's design endlessly.

Finally finished, Kin set his focus on his surroundings, in which he soon saw a familiar face. "Kryas!" He ran over quickly, "What in the nine hells you get all those flowers for? Got some sort of date? Can't see any other reason for it." He was honestly curious, but as usual, didn't know how to phrase things any other way but sharply.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/v/dLMQuYbh4q8&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Kryas could still hear her voice in his head as he was jolted out of his reminiscing. Thinking over his response for the moment he smiled a kind and somewhat sad smile. "Yeah I guess I am aren't I?"

Kryas wasn't sad. He knew that much, but there was a melancholy air about him for a few days now. All his music came with a slightly depressed hum verses its usual sound. She wouldn't want that. None of them would if they were here at that moment they would have socked him in the gut or tried to get him to laugh. Looking at Kin maybe being alone was not the best thing at the moment it was after all one of the main reasons he joined the guild in the first place.

"I'm going to meet her on that cliff that over looks the river and the entire city it's the best spot for miles for a great view. You want to walk with me for a bit Kin?"

Linwelin

Kin could tell something was slightly off about what was said. It's not a lie...but something's off. Not even Kryas' silver tongue could fool me out of realizing that. Though he didn't mean to, Kin noticeably calmed down, looking like he was making a big decision. Considering how simple the question is, that was surprising.

"Sure, I'll walk with ya for a bit." He said after a few moments. "If it's got such a great view, I WOULD like to see it. I'll keep out of your way when we get there, of course. Wouldn't want to steal away your lady-friend." He said with his usual joking. It was a nice enough day anyways. May as well enjoy the nice day with a friend for a while.

"So what's on your mind?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"Oh just some old songs from my past that I haven't played in a really long time." Kryas smiled slightly "Some happy and others deep and forlorn. Each a fond memory."

Memories of old friends and happier times flashed in his mind. A abundance of sound and light.  Perhaps that was an idea. The laughter of children and gasps of wonder if he could bring that back perhaps word would spread farther then he ever could. A performance that would involve the entire guild.

"Hey Kin have you ever been to the circus?"

Linwelin

Kin was actually surprised by the question, "Never have, not sure I want to. Why ask all the sudden?" I have a veeeery bad feeling about where this is going...haha... Considering his height and unnatural strength, Kin had always been nervous about circuses. Namely that they would try to steal him away, making him out to be some freakish halfling. He really didn't want to be part of a circus if he could help it. Then he smiled inwardly, Though if it let me fight something that's a different story.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas couldn't help but laugh at the halfling's trepidations. "I don't think the circus your thinking of is what I mean. It's a little hard to explain, but its more of a group of acrobatic stage performers. I used to be part of a rather well known group from where i came from before I joined the guild. You really have not felt life until you've seen looks of awestruck wonder on the audience face. My favorite by far is the swinging trapeze when your able to sail through the air spinning like a top."

Kryas continued to talk about how they would tell stories through the movement and singers adding ambiance along with all the other on stage rolls. As he went he got more and more animated as they went using hand gestures and striking poses to aid in his story. He seemed to have lost the sadness in his eyes as he spoke about all the colors sights and sounds. The pair continued to walk through the city heading towards one of the town gates as kryas' speech drew a little bit of attention from those around them   

Linwelin

Kin smiled somewhat inwardly. So THAT'S what I look like when I talk about weapons and smithing. Poor Fredrick...

"Well I'm certainly a fan of acrobatics, but I prefer staying near the ground. Halflings tend to have a good relationship with it, heck, we practically hug it! So I stick to tumbling and martial dances. Much more thrilling for me. And then in ACTUAL combat, you can get that same expression of awe in your enemies face! Well, the post-surprise part isn't so great, but you get what I'm saying. Kin continued strutting down the road beside Kryas, and Kin slowly realized that Kryas' story had a crowd slowly forming. It did sound rather amazing. I wouldn't have taken Kryas as the hanging-from-a-trapeze type... Kin thinks to himself.

"I'll admit, it does sound like fun, if you're into it. Why'd you end up in the guild then? Sounds like you had it made, as far as enjoying life goes."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas chuckles as the pair finally reach the city limits "To be honest it wasn't my first passion at all, more a job of convenience."[/color]remembering back with a smirk. He nodded to one of the town guards who waved back excitedly as they past out of the city limits. They were now on one of the major roads that most people used to transport goods and the like.

"You see back where I come from there is a lot of hostility between everyone for a number of reasons, so you can rarely leave your town let alone travel long distances. And so you learn quick that you have to know who's palm to grease or caravan to join. Mostly only specific merchants with the proper permits crossed any kind of boundaries. So in order to get around all that bureaucracy my friends and I created the trope as an excuse to travel and as a cover for our various talents. It's a wonder what fame and notoriety can do when you need to force people to look the other way. Even when they wanted to get rid of us they mostly had to grin and bear it because of the shear numbers of people we could pack in."

They were now in the thick of the foot traffic into the town like fish swimming up stream. Kryas continued to lead the way as he spoke always keeping Kin at least in some what in his sights.

"The path we want is just ahead by the way," [/color]he said pointing up ahead and of the road into the adjacent woods. A small break in the tree line was just barely apparent. Not really anything more then a game trail. "Anyway, we all grew to love seeing the happy looks on people's faces as well each time we put on a show as we went about our business. It was a nice bonus all things considered." [/color]

Just as the pair were backing away from the main road they heard a familiar voice calling out from somewhere behind them.  Turning they saw it was in fact another guild member who must have seen the two chatting somewhere along the way.

Linwelin

Kin listened calmly as Kryas told his tale of why and how he traveled, Kin could only think one thing, and was immediately vocal about it, "So...what you're saying is you got a license to entertain people, and made the right friends, allowing yourself to smuggle your whole group out of the country and across borders? I know you're good at talking your way through things, but even so, that's much farther on the underground side of things than I expected!"

He was honestly shocked. Though, of course, he was only shocked because he was exaggerating the tale.

As the conversation continued, the crowd began to make it difficult to hear and pay attention to Kryas, so Kin just kind of toned him out until it passed. After all, he just had to follow the bard and things would work out, right?

But then he noticed Kryas turn around and wave as they got out of the busy streets, making Kin actually pay attention to his surroundings enough to realize they were being hailed by a friend. The voice was familiar but he couldn't quite place it, so he decided to ruin he surprise for himself, turning around to see who exactly was chasing after them.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The knight had seen two of her guild mates, in all honesty she was waiting for Lyolf; the man was supposed to "show her something grand". Right outside the gates was the designated meeting spot, it was probably something that required a lot of room, or perhaps spectators, or more likely both. She inwardly shivered. Anything 'grand' that Lyolf could think up was probably something ridiculous or some sort of prank. For some reason or another, the mage never showed up however, or rather, if he was, he was running a bit late. It was then that Annia saw Kin and Kryas making their way out of the city exits, she had been standing nonchalantly in the corner, passing time making pleasant conversations with the variosu travelers and merchants around. The guild was a known presence in the city, and mostly everyone had greeted her on friendly terms.

"... and of course he never knew how to make them, so when he had a chance again everything was completely ruined! You should have seen the look on his face!"

Annia nodded, attempting to smile at the woman before her. She had been telling her random stories since Annia first greeted her, and it seemed as if she would never stop. Knights were never rude, but at the same time she wanted to catch up with Kin and Kryas who were already moving farther away.

"Next time... you should... teach him how to do it." Annia replied as she started to side step away. She bowed low, and before the lady could stop her, she had begun walking towards the city exit. Kin and Kryas had already gone some ways, but it didn't take Annia long to close the distance.

"Kryas! Kin!" She called out. When she got closer to the two she continued. "Lyolf didn't by chance call you two out here as well did he?"

Linwelin

Kin scowled in thought as Annia ran up, thinking if he could answer her. "What, that oil-crazed mage? No, I haven't seen him, nor heard from him. I'd almost say I'm glad, as he likes pranks a little TOO much. Why are you searching for him? He asked in honest wonder, as he'd never search him out except for payback. "Did he prank you, or something? If you're looking for revenge, I'm in. I...I found a turkey in on my pillow not even a fortnight ago...another oil-drenched turkey."

Kin then sighed dejectedly, spinning on his heels to face Kryas, "You haven't happened to see him, or hear from him, have you?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas waved his arms defensively "No I haven't seen Lyolf at all today! I'm sure he just got distracted or something like usual. He'll pop up eventually, I'm sure smug with himself. I find it best just to just to go with it, I really don't think he means any harm. Though I could understand that you as his roommate could see it differently Kin."[/color]

"Anyway," [/color]Kryas chuckled " I was just on my way to deliver these flowers to an old friend of mine and Kin decided to keep me company. Would you like to join us Annia the view we're going is fantastic and you can keep your eye out for Lyolf along the way. Safety in numbers right?"[/color]

Linwelin

"Roommate or not, he's a pain in my ass. Turkey, oil, fire, yatta yatta yatta, it's all childish. I'm not even MENTIONING why you see me sleeping in the main hall half the time." Kin then shook himself out of his rant before he wanted to slash something.

"Anyways, Kryas, who IS this friend of yours? Do they live in town, or something. You talk like they do. And I'm not sure if you ever answered me clearly, but why flowers? Is it a bard thing?" Kin wanted to keep asking questions, but figured he should get some answers first. That, and he needed a breath.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas? smile turns forlorn, "I suppose you?d call her my other half my muse in a sense".

"And I haven?t seen Serena in a long time so I thought I?d bring her some flowers. As for why the flowers, all flowers carry their own meanings.  "These," he said lowering the overly large bundle towards the Halfling "are meant to represent the unbreakable bond between two people. And they were always her favorite." He said wistfully before turning to continue leading the way.

?so yes I suppose it?s a bard thing.?