[Elys] Tale of Exile

Started by Oath, November 20, 2013, 10:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

A gun. Kryas knew exactly what that thing was the second she produced it. He had seen plenty in his travels as he made his way with his music before he ended up at the guild. But, what was a gunslinger doing here? Guns had been invented become popular on entirely different continent far to the west. To travel this far, this jumpy girl must have had a reason. This girl despite her rude nature had a very interesting tale to tell kryas knew that much.

Then bang from his musings as she fired her weapon into the air. Slightly shaken by the sound he did not have to fake his own surprise at what the weapon did.

"Nice pistol you've got there. What rounds do you fire?"
Kryas' smile never left his face. He watched her closely for her response behind his lighthearted mask now probing for her reaction.

Linwelin

Kin jumps at the shot, but cheers afterward, slightly dancing around. Ohhhh yea, that's a weapon. But how's it work, and what is it?

Kin responded quickly to Kryas' remark, "Wait, THAT'S a pistol!? I've heard about those things! Always wanted to see one. Guns from that far-off continent, huh? You're quite the traveler." He said, excitedly. But the excitement wasn't over the girl, but the gun. He placed his chin in his hand, in a thinking position, still grinning happily. Let's see...long cylinder...some sort of powder...a small round piece of metal...and that explosion...was it the the metal or the powder. No it HAD to be the powder, otherwise the metal would have gone in first, and there would be no point for the explosion...OH, it's a ranged weapon! The blast propels the metal! And with that sort of blast...quite far.

"So that's how it works..." He mutters, audibly, but softly. "At what range is it still accurate? I imagine it's equal to or longer range than a bow. And MUCH faster."

At the idea of the new, powerful weapon, Kin grins, "I like you. So what are you in town for?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Though Elys did not particularly like this Halfling that seemed so intent on inquiring on every facet of how pistols work, in fact she had already forgotten his name, she felt that it was only right to respond to such genuine curiosity. The others had reacted in a predictable manner. Fear, or confusion. This Halfling however, seemed far too excited.

"The range actually isn't as far as you would..."

Elys tried to give a legitimate answer, but before she could finish some of the regular town guard had burst onto the scene. They were pushing and shoving people around trying to get to the center of the crowd and it was taking a bit of time. However when they managed to make it there appeared to be at least a handful of guards with more that may have been working their way through the crowd at a slower rate. The biggest and meanest looking of the bunch took center stage and approached the group of Elys and the supposed members of Galas'nor.

"Who is responsible for all of this ruckus, if it isn't one thing today it's another."

The guard looked rather flustered and you could tell that he was not particularly excited about having to come respond to this problem as well. With a bit of perception on her part, Elys had a solution that she thought would be viable and perhaps even more suitable for her purposes. Looking at the guard she smiled, a much different smile than when dealing with the group that had assembled before her all because of the odd girl Sophie and her inability to pay attention while walking short distances. Elys looked over at the group before speaking and gave them a single knowing wink hoping they would catch on because she did not want to spend some time confined to a dungeon.

"Well sir, I just joined the Guild of Galas'nor, and they told me that part of our duty was to make things around town exciting and fun. I'm new to the area and didn't realize that I had something so rare that it would scare everyone instead. You know how it is, the new person always gets picked on a bit so I am a bit of a victim of that."

She may have been lying through her teeth, but Elys was hoping that it would work in her favor and kill two birds with one stone. The guards would get off her back, and she would get access to the Guild of Galas'nor enabling her to do missions and keep up her adventuring funds as her coin purse was starting to feel a bit too much on the light side.

Linwelin

Kin stepped up, recognizing the guard from one of his own "adventures" in the town, and catching Elys' hint. "That's right, sir. Admittedly, I had recommended it. It was mostly because I wanted to see how the device works. You know how I am with weaponry!" He said brightly, despite knowing he was about to get yet another small talking to.

"Gods, you again, Kin! If it isn't you getting into mischief, it's you getting someone else into it! If you didn't do such fine work for the town, I don't know how much we'd let go!" Then suddenly the guard smiles and laughs, "Well at least we know it was mischief and not danger." he turns to address the group, including Elys, "Just try not to blow anything up, nor get anyone hurt, alright? Keep our need to worry at a minimum."

With that, he gives a lax salute to the group, and walks off, laughing with the other guards. You overhear them mention, "At least it wasn't a duel this time." Followed by louder laughing.

Kin the turns to Elys, "Why didn't you say you wanted to join the guild!?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Bootman

(Uh. Was going to wait for Sophie to respond before posting, but I guess I'll Make a small response now)

There was somebody addressing her now. Chadra looked over in confusion at the fuzzy figure before her. The woman eyed him for an uncomfortable period of time until his form came into focus. She instantly took a step back and glared at him, unsheathing her sword and wielding it at Lyolf. The look in her eye was clear fear as she gazed at either side of his head.

"Drow... go away. Leave alone." The warrior said with a shakey voice. All thoughts of Sophie, dinner and the gun had left her mind. She looked like she might swing at him any second.

Neko

"Oh! Everything is fine! The noise just surprised me is all." Sophie quickly explained to Chadra, not wanting her friend to worry. The maid took a deep breathe, calming herself. "I'll be starting dinner really soo-..." The ruckus before her suddenly meant little as she took notice of how low the sun had gotten. "Oh gosh! I gotta go!" She exclaimed, her hands clasping around her pack as she scurried away. Mimic quickly followed after her. She still had to buy the meat, and begin prepping! There was no time to be slacking off! She'd likely be seeing her friends later that night, anyway.

Oath

As the girl who started the entire situation scurried off into the distance, Elys turned her attention back to the Halfling who had introduced himself as Kin. It is a surprise that he is the one who caught on to her plan, as he seemed to be rather unreliable and perhaps a bit on the annoying side. Though it seemed that he often found himself in a similar situation as the guards seemed to be quite familiar with him.

"Well, if you look at what a gong-show this entire situation has been it would be hard for anyone to believe that these people are members of Galas'nor."

She was blunt, her tone cold. It is a pretty reasonable way to go about the situation though. Anyone from out of town that had heard tales of a legendary guild of mercenaries would come into the place expecting something grand. Instead of something like that, Elys had received a welcoming committee of quite the questionable sort. They didn't seem to be particularly notable, in fact they seemed only a bit more exciting than the local folk that were still looking on despite the ruckus. At the end of the day though despite appearances or how worthwhile these particular people are, access to the guild would provide access to jobs that paid well. Something the odd gunslinger desperately needed.

Deciding that it would probably be best to at least give these folk her contact information in case they were actually members of Galas'nor Elys wrote the relevant info of her current lodgings on a sheet of paper and handed it to the Halfling.

"If you have need of a gun, you'll know where to find me."

Elys turned around and weaved her way through the sparse remnants of the large crowd that was once gathered in the market area with a small backwards wave she vanished into the sea of people traveling, presumably returning to her lodgings to await further notice of work.

Linwelin

Kin looked down at the information that he was handed by Elys. "Eesh, that place? If she had any sort of patience we would have brought her back to the guild with us for the night at least..." He mutters to himself, his expression showing a mixture of confusion and surprise. Then he grins, Well, whatever. We'll swing by tomorrow for a house call. All of us!" He says looking around the group, his signature smile on his face.

"For now, let's go home!" He looks at Golas, "MEAT!"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Buahahah!" The man laughed heartily at Kin's comment. Golas found the entire exchange interesting, but being a part of the guild for so long, he had already come to expect bumping into strange and different things. Golas himself had been a wanderer before, but never to these lands that his comrades spoke of, nor where Elys claimed to be from. The large man took it all in stride, he lived life without worrying about so many of its details. Besides, there was still dinner to think of, and all the meat Sophie was meant to bring back.

"Why tomorrow? Lets drag her to the hall tonight for dinner! I'm going to have to make sure Sophie prepares something grand! Buahaha!" Golas smacked his lips. Golas had this great idea of a barbecue. True it was getting just a bit chilly, but that was no reason to stop any sort of meat eating! "Lets make sure Sophie has enough muscle power to bring back all that meat, Kin." He grinned at Kin.