[IC] Trouble in the Sewers

Started by Oath, November 18, 2013, 12:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

Ludar watched as something attacked, he was curious as to what they were defending, but later that tale would be told he assumed. Readying himself he drew his mace and approached passing the bard, he continued on until he could see where the rats were, he could see the Paladin far ahead, but could only distinguish the sounds of something squealing then apparently dying. He stopped not far from the entrance. He called upon his deity and sought to bless those around him.

[spoiler]
Move ahead approx 20 feet with mace and shield in ready position.
Casts bless[/spoiler]

TheBigJon

Rordan lagged a bit behind, but quickly caught up. He held his light crossbow at the ready, prepared to shoot anything that came near.

[spoiler]Rordan would shoot at the next rat that attacked any of his party members or him.
To hit
[1d20] 15 = 15
Damage
[1d8+3] 3 = 3 + 3 = 6[/spoiler]

Oath

Ludar rushes forward to aid his allies, and a bright light bursts forth from his person showering each member in a warm glow for merely a moment, but it was enough to inspire them to redouble their efforts. The rats begin to swarm attacking both Annia and Vladimir. However as one of them scurries into view, Rordan looses a bolt from his crossbow with deadly precision, finding itself lodged deep into a rat's skull as it falls to the ground limp. The rat that attacked Annia found its mark as it sneaked a bit into a place not as heavily covered by the paladin's golden armor. Vladimir too suffered a bite from the maw of one of the rats that had attacked him from behind, but managed to dodge the one that was attacking in plain view. Annia counter attacked and the rat that had landed a blow on her managed to slide out of the way of her blade through the murky sewage.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia: Round 5: attacks, misses.
Vladimir: Round 5:
Kryas: Round 5:
Rordan: Round 4: shoots a crossbow bolt at a rat, kills it.
Ludar: Round 4: Moves forward and casts bless.

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 has ended, round 5 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Kryas, Rordan, Ludar, rats

Missed Turns:
Rordan .5

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Kryas: Light
Ludar: Bless

Party HP
Vladimir: 12/15,
Kryas: 7/7,
Annia 6/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 96 rounds remaining
Bless, +1 on attack rolls and saves vs. fear - 10 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir chuckles at Annia's statement, "I'm sure it's a first, considering your order." And with that, Vladimir takes a quick step behind one of the rats, flanking it between himself and Annia. This allowed him to make a fatal strike at the distracted rat, aimed right at its vitals. He drops his guard to do his full attack, stabbing out efficiently with both his rapier and kukri. Finally, I can fight as I've wanted.

[spoiler]
Vlad takes a 5 ft step behind the rat to the north of him, flanking it. This adds +2 to attacks against it from Annia and Vlad, and -2 for its attack rolls. It also allows Vlad to sneak attack.

[blockquote]Attack (rapier):  1d20+4 : 17 + 4, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack (kukri):  1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit (rapier):  1d6+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit (kukri):  1d4+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sneak attack damage:  2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Seeing Vladimir take action, Annia got the cue as she proceeded to help flank one of the rats.

[spoiler]If its possible, have Annia 5 ft step up, so Vlad can get that flanking.[/spoiler]

Throndir

"How about you? Fought with a knight before?" Annia replied back as she kept her guard up, the few bites that the rats had managed to land started to throb, and she hoped that there was no infection or disease running through them.

[spoiler]16 AC
Attack with Greatsword at the current rat. If its already dead she'll attack the nearest one, just subtract 2 from the attack roll below.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13[/blockquote]
if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+6 : 5, 6 + 6, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Use up 2 karma to add 1d6 roll to the attack roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas draws his sword stepping directly behind Annia and strikes out humming a tune as he went attempting to ignore what he may be stepping in

[spoiler]Kryas now level 2

to hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 8 + 1, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

Kryas rushes to the aid of his allies and as he makes it past the passageway, a rat manages to dig its way into his leg with its sharp teeth. The bard screams in pain, and tries to retaliate. His attack misses unfortunately. As Kryas misses his mark, the rat that Vlad has been fighting lets out a cry, it had been pierced by the rapier and proceeded to die. The two remaining rats launch an attack, but Kryas and Annia both managed to get out of the way of their maw. Annia counter attacks, and completely eviscerates the rat that had attacked her, its entrails just another stench to add to the sewers.
[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia: Attacks, kills rat
Vladimir: Attacks, kills rat
Kryas: Attacks, misses rat
Rordan: skipped
Ludar: skipped

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 has ended, round 5 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Kryas, Rordan, Ludar, rats

Missed Turns:
Rordan 1
Ludar .5

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Kryas: 12/18,
Annia 4/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 95 rounds remaining
Bless, +1 on attack rolls and saves vs. fear - 9 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir rushes over to the final rat while he answers Annia's question with his own. "Fought with, or beside? It's a big difference for me-!" The last syllable was sharply cut off as he stabbed and slashed the rat before him, looking to end the fight so they could continue on and get to the real issue.

"After all, I've been at the ends of their swords plenty of times. This is the first time I've fought beside one. Much more pleasant, as well."

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1:  1d6+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d4+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Vladimir's charge sucks the life out of the rat as it is slashed upon its spin by the twirling kukuri. The sound of battle wanes, and the party is free to move about as normal once more.
[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir:
Kryas:
Rordan:
Ludar:

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 has ended, round 5 in progress - Still to move: Kryas, Rordan, Ludar,

Missed Turns:
Rordan .5

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Kryas: 12/18,
Annia 4/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 95 rounds remaining
Bless, +1 on attack rolls and saves vs. fear - 9 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Seeing the final rat laying limp on the ground, Vladimir exhales calmly and sheathes his blades. "That takes care of that. Let's press on. We have a disturbance to find. And end." It wasn't like Vladimir was angry, nor was he extremely determined to find whatever it was the job wanted them to find. He was annoyed. Fighting those simple vermin felt like a waste of energy to him, and he wanted to finish this before he wasted more time.

Part of him, however, truly wished to harvest the rats. That was what truly annoyed Vladimir; he was disgusted that he even had the impulse to do such a thing.

Vladimir then cautiously, yet smoothly, walks to the junction ahead, taking a look in both directions to discern where they should search next.

[spoiler]
Walks East and looks around the corner, as well as continuing to scan East

[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 17 + 4, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Seach:  1d20+3 : 15 + 3, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Listen:  1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Using a cloth, the knight wiped clean the blood stains as well as grime from her sword. The proper respect to their weapons was needed after all. She considered her choice of words as she watched Vladimir walk further into the caverns.

"I stand corrected then. But being at the end point of a knight's sword doesn't always have to end up badly. Perhaps we should try sparring after this ordeal. I'm always inclined to learn some new things against one who wields two weapons."

[spoiler]She'll follow Vlad, 10 ft behind him, and continue to check her surroundings.
[blockquote]Spot 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Listen 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"That sounds excellent. I could definitely use a sparring partner. Otherwise I'll just be wasting away in the main hall between missions, or wandering the forest aimlessly. After a while, that tends to get repetitive." He says with a smirk. "But for now, it looks like rats and sewers for us. Something I could do without. Not that I mind the dark, it's the smell." He waves his hand in front of his face, semi-jokingly.

"And how about you Kryas? Your legs okay? That rat managed to land a nasty bite on you." He said, looking back to see the wound, hoping there wouldn't be infection.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"Only a light flesh wound, I'm fine thanks for the help Vlad. Kryas smilled at the man patting him lightly on the shoulder with his usual smile. He was not going to allow something so small slow them down. He wouldn't be much of an adventurer otherwise.