[IC] Trouble in the Sewers

Started by Oath, November 18, 2013, 12:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Annia and Vladimir passed each other in the confined space of the passage way, Annia moving to the east towards the sewer grate, while Vladimir was exploring the southern passage.

Looking down the hall, it appears to extend for about 25 feet from the junction, 20 from where Vladimir is standing. At the end another grate that from this distance looks almost exactly like the one that he had just examined. Wood had been placed over the metal bars on one side for whatever reason and the coast was clear.

The rest of the group consisting of Kryas, Rordan and Ludar began to shuffle into the hallway now that Vladimir had given a signal that things were alright. They didn't move too far letting Annia who was still glowing take point, but they were close enough to provide support if anything went wrong.

[spoiler]
So, I shuffled everyone into the hallway as I had the impression that you were all sticking together, if this is wrong feel free to let me know.

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir: Hide 28, Move Silently 19, Spot 9.
Kryas:
Rordan:
Ludar:
[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 has ended, round 3 in progress - Still to move: Kryas, Rordan, Ludar

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Kryas: Light

Party HP
Vladimir: 15/15,
Kryas: 7/7,
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 98 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

With the coast clear, Vladimir spoke freely, Alright, looks like both grates are boarded up. I'm guessing this was done by the town guard for safety reasons. The grates can be slid, but I'm not sure how much noise that will make. Either way, we have to open one of them to move on, so there's not much of a choice."

Vladimir walks back to the first grate, "I vote this one, as I was able to see it up close." With that, Vladimir tested the grate to see how easily it could be moved.

[spoiler]Moved back to the first grate.

[blockquote]Strength check:  1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Let me help Vlad." With that she proceeded to help the methuselan move the grate.

[spoiler]She'll use Aid Another.

Strength check:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 14 + 4, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas attempts to remember any information about the sewers as well as monsters that would be in them while standing slightly back from the others working on the grate.

[spoiler]Knowledge architecture
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 5 + 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Knowledge Dungeoneering
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 18 + 3, total 21[/blockquote]

Knowledge local
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote]  [/spoiler]

Oath

Vladimir and Annia teamed up on the wood covered grate, and with a gentle push it gave away. It appeared to be in good condition. It slid into the slot that had been carved out for it in the wall, and the room opened up before you after the loud thud of the grate falling into place. Ahead of you, Vladimir sees 3 creatures in front of you and the water appears to be deeper in this room. It seems like it would be about ankle deep on a being of Vladimir or Annia's size. Further in, there is murky water that looks as if you would have to swim. Just as the grate gave away, Kryas let out a cry as if he had discovered something of great importance. He informed the party that rats of various types were often found in sewers, so that is likely what the creatures that Vladimir has a visual on would be.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir: Hide 21, Move Silently 9, Search 9, Spot 18.
Kryas:
Rordan: Move Silently 18
Ludar:
[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 has ended, round 2 in progress - Still to move: Rordan, Ludar, Rats

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 99 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map (The olive colored stuff is water deep enough that you would likely have to swim!)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the grate opened, Annia couldn't help but keep trying to peer ahead. It was just the sewers, but she was still immensely curious about the place. She had only been in the sewers once before, and it wasn't a memory she overly enjoyed. As the grate was finally put into place, and as the light on her armor shone through the darkness, it only revealed three rats.

"Just some over-grown rats." Annia said nonchalantly, a hint of dismay in her voice, wishing there was something more interesting.

"At least they're not evil, and I hope they don't bite."

Hasabushi

Ludar looked ahead, having followed the rest of the group as the opened the grate. He felt uneasy for some reason, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He stood silently at first then inquired "So does anyone have any idea of where we are supposed to go?"  He had worked with a few of the others in past missions, although his memory wasn't the greatest when came to remembering names.

Linwelin

"I have no idea. But I'm going past the rats. If they attack, I'll counter, but I just want this done so we can leave this stink-hole.' Vladimir stated plainly, drawing his weapons and keeping a low guard so he was ready to defend. Though I do like the darkness, it's easy on the eyes... He thought to himself with a smirk as he walked calmly forward seeing if the rats would part ways or fight.

"Hell we don't even really know what we're looking for, let alone where it is. But for the sake of this town, we'll clear the sewers of anything menacing."

[spoiler]
AC: 20, walking toward the rats cautiously.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas readies his bow incase one of the rats attack Vlad

[spoiler]
to hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 8, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

As Vladimir enters the large room and moves towards the rats two things immediately become apparent. The first, two additional rats are swimming in the sewer water and appear to be making their way to the ledge. The second is that these rats are not friendly. As Vladimir cautiously approaches the lead rat closes the gap and attempts to bite him. The prepared rogue however manages to evade the attack. The readied shot from the bard goes flying past Vladimir, missing its target and bouncing off against stone harmlessly at the other end of the room. The rest of the party remains outside of the grate as Vladimir acts as the vanguard, light from Annia's armor still giving vision in the passageway.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia:
Vladimir:
Kryas: Fires readied shot, misses rat.
Rordan:
Ludar:

Rat attacks Vladimir, misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 3 has ended, round 4 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir,  Annia, Kryas, Rordan, Ludar, rats

Missed Turns:
Rordan .5

Damage Dealt

Party HP
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 96 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir had hoped he could just pass the rats by, but it seems these rats were much more territorial than expected. "If you want a fight, then so be it." He says bluntly, almost as though he was disappointed. He kept his kukri poised as he swept his rapier cleanly toward the rat, hoping to dispatch of the vermin quickly.

[spoiler]
AC: 20
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Attack:  1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas takes a step right behind Annia and fires on the rat furthest south.

[spoiler]Roll to hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 1, total 1[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

The knight leveled her sword in front of her as she made her way forward pass the grate. She took care to stay near the wall as Kryas' arrows continuosly shot out from behind her. She knew that the rats were just protecting what meager home they had, and though the sewers wasn't much, it was still where they resided. She also knew that such creatures carried rabies, disease,s or any other sorts of infections. If she were alone, she would have done what she could to avoid the rats, but with her allies around, it was best to deal with them. If one of her companions came down with a deadly infection, it would have been part her fault if she had not had taken more action.

With that in mind the knight aimed to walk in the room, and stand beside Vladimir. If any were to attack her, she'd at least give the creatures a quick and painless death.

[spoiler]She'll move right behind Vladimir, and ready an attack on any rat that comes after her.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+4 : 2, 2 + 4, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

The paladin moves up to take the rear behind Vladimir, while Kryas fires an arrow into the thick of things. This arrow too flies off harmlessly, into the back of the sewer. The two rats that had been in the stagnant sewage climb their way out and onto the ledge while the two rats that were in the back spring into action. As they run up, Vladimir lands a deadly blow on the one that had previously attacked him, taking a nice chunk of flesh out of its back, along with some of its spine rendering it lifeless on the ground. A few twitches here and there but otherwise motionless. Annia swings at the rat approaching her, but it manages to slide by her blade and counter attack. The miss was not so bad that it would cause her to lose her footing, so the paladin dodged the incoming fangs. The other attacks Vladimir, and he twirls around after dispatching his foe, easily avoiding the retaliation from the fallen rat's ally.

[spoiler]

Rolls, effects, summary:
[spoiler]
Annia: Attacks rat, misses.
Vladimir: Attacks rat, hits for 8 damage and kills it.
Kryas: Attacks rat, misses
Rordan:
Ludar:

[/spoiler]

Stats
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 3 has ended, round 4 in progress - Still to move: Rordan, Ludar,

Missed Turns:
Rordan .5

Damage Dealt
Vladimir 8 to rat, kills it.

Party HP
Annia 10/10,
Rordan 6/6,
Ludar Fink 10/10,

Area Effects

Light on Annia's Armor (20 Foot radius of normal light, 20 more of dim light) - 96 rounds remaining
[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The paladin had fought with many unique individuals before, but fighting behind Vladimir was new.

"I have to admit Vlad, I haven't found with a methuselan before." With that she readied her sword, preparing to strike if any of the rats attacked her.

[spoiler]Annia will ready an attack on any rat who attacks her.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+6 : 3, 6 + 6, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]