[IC] Rivals (Group 2)

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2013, 08:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteLate comers go ahead and choose a group you want to jump in.

The guild had gathered swiftly. Small groups of parties already rushing throughout the city, searching for any of the undead. Surprisingly there were a lot. It seemed as if the entire city had suddenly been infested with the skeletons. None of the citizens knew where they had come from, some even claimed that they had appeared out of no where. It begged the question on how the skeletons appeared, or if there was anyone responsible.

But there was little time to ponder on such things as the undead continued to fill the streets of the city. As you joined your comrades to fight off the threat,  you had already passed by a couple of piles of bones. Likely where an unfortunate skeleton met its end again.

In the distance you see a man, wounded, and limping towards you. Right behind him, three skeletons approached, swiping at the man.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Henon, Aria, Ryine, Skeletons

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:

Party HP
Henon: 7/7,
Aria: 14/14,
Ryine: 26/26,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

As Ryine bursts into the city streets, he looks around to take in the surroundings. Finding it quite odd that an attack such as this would happen in broad daylight, he looks to his allies. Two people that he had not yet worked with, Aria and Henon.

"You two look to be a bit on the frail side! Leave the front lines to me! Henon, if you could manage to flank them that may be most useful but don't do anything too dangerous. It's bad for business to lose our newbies."

Drawing his warhammer, Ryine eyes the man that is running in fear, and turns his gaze onto the skeletons that are attacking him.

"Fear not citizen! We shall protect you!"

Ryine then slams his warhammer into his shield as a sort of rally and bellows

"Foul undead, unhand this fair citizen!"

No sooner than the words finish leaving his mouth, Ryine charges headlong towards the skeletons

[spoiler]{Charge attack roll}[1d20+7] 12 = 12 + 7 = 19

if hit, [1d8+3] 2 = 2 + 3 = 5

Ryine charges towards the skeleton that is nearest to him, assuming a charge attack is possible from my current angle. If not Ryine moves 20 feet towards it, ending 15 feet ahead of Aria, and 5 feet away from the skeleton labeled 3. [/spoiler]

Throndir

The warrior charged forward, his warhammer leading the way as he smashed the weapon straight into the skeleton's head. Bits of bone splintered away, as a couple of peices of its skullcap crumpled into peices, leaving an even larger gaping hole on its head. The glowing undead eyes only acted methodically, recovering from the attack it moved to btie into the Ryine. It was easy to tell that the creature was injured, its movements were jittery, and even as it moved peices of bones split off. It's slower movements were enough to let Ryine pull up his shield, blocking the wolf's attempt to attack.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Ryine charged and hit skeletal wolf 3.
Skeletal wolf 3 attacked and missed.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Henon, Aria, Skeletal Wolf 1, Skeletal Wolf 2

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 3: 5

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

After waiting in the shadows awhile I decide to emerge and to my surprise I see two people I don't know. One being the man who gave the speech and a female elf. Just in front of us I see a man who appears to be in dire straights trying to limp away from  what appears to be a group of skeletons. Upon hearing the the advice of the man I reply back "Sounds like a plan i will see what i can do about that."

Upon noticing the house to the north of me I draw my grappling hook and I try and strike true with the roof. [1d20+6] 8 = 8 + 6 = 14. "After hitting the roof with my hook I climb up the rope and yell to the injured man, "HURRY OVER AND I WILL PULL YOU UP OUT OF HARMS WAY!" I then proceed to draw my bow.
Famous last words- DONT WORRY GUYS I GOT THIS!

GG - Henon     

Neko

?Oooh. Scary scary.? Aria said as they marched forward, her violet eyes catching site of the skeletons not far ahead. But, despite her words, she remained rather expressionless.
The elf simply nodded as Ryine barked out orders. Staying in the back was something she would have done regardless.

Drawing back her bow, the elf aimed at one of the skeletons.

[spoiler]
Shooting arrow at skeleton #2.

Attack roll [1d20+8] 15 = 15 + 8 = 23
If Hit [1d8+5] 4 = 4 + 5 = 9
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The group was quick to take action. After Ryine's initial charge, Henon had skillfully climbed up the nearest house's roof. Aria had already begun to unload her arrows. The arrow hit its target, the piercing arrow hitting the spine of one of the creatures. The skeletal wolves countered. As one, they moved towards their foes. One attacked the citizen, while the other aimed straight for Ryine. As Ryine was still recoving from the first attack from the first wolf, he had little time to prepare a defense against the next wolf, it's bite leaving a wound on his arm.

[spoiler]Minor changes to Aria's damage roll, and moving Henon's move action to draw the bow for next round unless Inhuman posts otherwise.

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Henon used Use Rope with grappling hook.
Henon moved 10 ft. north, then 10 ft. climb. (20 ft total).
Henon prepared a readied action to draw a bow.
Aria used a standard action to attack Skeletal Wolf 1.
Aria deals 3 damage. (5 aborbed).
Skeletal Wolf 1 takes a 5 ft. step forward and attacks citizen and misses.
Skeletal Wolf 2 takes a 5 ft. step forward and attacks Ryine and deals 2 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Henon, Aria, Skeletal Wolf 1, Skeletal Wolf 2, Skeletal Wolf 3

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 3: 5
Skeletal Wolf 2: 8

Party HP
Ryine: 26/26, charged (-2 AC)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

"Uh guys we are going to have to speed this up I can see another skeleton coming our way and it looks to be a big one. I draw my bow and prepare a shot aimed at shot at skeleton #2 [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote] if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

GG - Henon     

Oath

Flinching slightly from the bite that had sunk into his arm,  Ryine raises his warhammer, preparing for another blow. Thinking to himself "a bite from a skeletal wolf? That's a first. Hopefully I don't contract some sort of disease from this mess."   He also yells out to the wounded citizen.

"Get going! The elf on the roof will help you to safety!"

[spoiler] {Attack roll} [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote] [/spoiler]

Neko

Aria cringed slightly as her guildmate was bitten. She then continued firing her arrows.

[spoiler]
Attacking skeleton #1

Attack roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 2 + 8, total 10[/blockquote]

If hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]

[/spoiler]

Throndir

Arrows flew towards their targets as Ryine once again swung his hammer at his first foe. The sickening sound of bone crunching was clearly heard, yet the wolf still moved relentlessly. Even the arrows that had been flung their way did little to slow them.

"Get going! The elf on the roof will help you to safety!"

"That's exactly what I'm doing!" The panicked man replied, as he scrambled further backwards. But one of the wolves head leapt, taking a bite out of the man's leg. Immediately he fell, writing in agony as the wound soaked his pants with blood.

At the same moment, the two wolves attack Ryine, their fangs leading the way. But for the skilled warrior, it was easy to either parry or block the attacks.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Henon attacks and hits skeletal wolf 2 and hits.
Henon deals 0 damage (3 absorbed). Attack ineffective.
Ryine attacks skeletal wolf 3 and hits.
Ryine deals 5 damage.
Aria attacks skeletal wolf 1 and misses.
Skeletal wolf 1 attacks citizen and hits.
Skeletal wolf 2 attacks Ryine and misses.
Skeletal wolf 3 attacks Ryine and misses.
Round 2 ends.
Round 3 begins.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 3 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Henon, Aria, Skeletal Wolf 1, Skeletal Wolf 2, Skeletal Wolf 3

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 3: 10

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Upon seeing the man fall to the ground, anger welled up inside of Ryine. Twirling his warhammer in preparation for a new strike he let out a roar that sounded more of a beast than of a man. He had to end this foul beast and get the citizen to safety.

[spoiler]{Attack roll} [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Neko

"Pew pew." The elf said completely mono-toned as she continued to fire her arrows.

[spoiler]
Attacking skeleton dog #1, using rapid shot.

Attack roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]

Attack roll [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote]
If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

InhumanRonin

Man these things are tougher than i thought but we will be victorious in the end! Dont worry fellow we will get you out of here alive! I then raise my bow again and let loose one more shot [spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote] If hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

GG - Henon     

Throndir

The warrior roared out as he swung his warhammer. Unfortunately the attack missed. The arrows from the two companions behind Ryine were released one after the other. And though two of the arrows missed as the wolves evaded them, one of the arrows hit. Even though their undead nature being more resilient to physical trauma, Aria's arrow managed to still do some damage.

The attack wasn't strong enough however, as the wolf leapt towards the citizen who was still writing in pain. The man, seeing the attack coming, held out his hands in a meager defence, but it wasn't enough as the undead wolf bit into his neck.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Ryine attacks and misses.
Aria uses rapid shot attacks and hits.
Aria deals 5 damage (5 absorbed).
Henon attacks and misses.
Skeletal wolf 1 attacks citizen and hits.
Citizen is dying.
Skeletal wolf 2 attacks Ryine and misses.
Skeletal wolf 3 attacks Ryine and hits.
Skeletal wolf 3 deals 5 damage.
Round 3 ends.
Round 4 begins.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Henon, Aria, Skeletal Wolf 1, Skeletal Wolf 2, Skeletal Wolf 3

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeletal Wolf 1: 5
Skeletal Wolf 3: 10
Citizen: 9, dying, (less than 10 rounds until death)

Party HP
Ryine: 19/26,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine uses the momentum from his missed attack to spin right back around with a deadly blow aimed for the skeletal wolf's head.

Blinded by rage, Ryine did not notice that the citzen was bleeding out, or rather he didn't notice the second attack that landed on him as he was distracted by his own troubles.

[spoiler]{attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
if hit [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]