[IC] Rivals (Group 1)

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2013, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

You see Vladimir taking a look at his surroundings.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vladimir uses Spot.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Kryas, Uli

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeleton 1: 19, dead
Skeleton 2: 5
Skeleton 3: 8, dead

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil (given to Kryas)
Flask of Oil

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 8/15, Regenerating (3 rounds)
Kryas: 7/7,
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (594 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (594 rounds)
Zurgug: 14/15,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas now annoyed at the simple luck of this last skeleton he draws his sword and does a running strike hitting it with a dance like over head spin.

[spoiler]to hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20[/blockquote]

Damage [blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Although Kryas blade struck. The weapon only hit the bone, chipping a few pieces, but not doing much other damage to the creature. The skeleton, reacted back, slashing its own sword against the bard. Though Kryas had attemptd to parry the attack, the scimitar struck flesh, biting deep into his arm.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Kryas unsheathes bow. (Move action)
Kryas draws sword. (Move action due to not having at least +1 BAB)
Round 6 ends.
Round 7 begins.
Vladimir heals 1 HP.
Kryas moved 25 ft East.
Kryas attacks Skeleton and hits, dealing 0 damage (4 absorbed).
Skeleton attacks Kryas and hits, dealing 3 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 7 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Uli, Vladimir, Zurgug

Missed Turns
Lyolf: 1

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 9/15, Regenerating (2 rounds)
Kryas: 4/7,
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (593 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (593 rounds)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir's eyes widened, surprised at the organization of whoever was controlling these skeletons. he was starting to question if they even WERE controlled. He shouts out to the group so they're aware. "We've got archers! They're around the corners a ways down the street waiting to ambush! I see three from here!" Vlad stands back up and gets to a more advantageous position to try to get a better view around those corners.

[spoiler]
Vladimir moves N-NE, hugging the wall of the alleyway and scouting the corner with two skeletons, hoping to see if there are any more.

[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28[/blockquote]

Scouting results:
[spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lance

There was little point in joining the mad rush to end the life of one already dead, but there was little else to do for the elven mage as he waited for his familiar's report. He gave a slight nod of approval towards a certain aging, bald man who had stopped running and was now busily catching his breath behind the front lines while gaping at the antics of his apparent saviors. "Seems luck's on your side today," the elf remarked before taking off in a manner similar to the one before him.

-As he ran, Lyolf began to empty out his mind of all unnecessary things, a trick he learned while practicing at a facility dedicated to the growth of the martial arts. It wasn't something the average mage would know, or should know, but Lyolf had always felt drawn towards such things, as if the art itself called out to him.

He focused his mind as he continued running towards his remaining foe. Gradually the ground lost its color and the scenery blurred. Only he, his companions, and the enemy before him lay unaffected. Instead, those figures sharpened within his mind, granting him a greater clarity in the ongoing battle.

-The mage was often ridiculed lightly by his peers for this very thing-learning something as unnecessary as the martial arts, a skill-set that was completely redundant in the standard mage's way of life, but the elf couldn't help it. The arts both martial and arcane fascinated him equally. But in reflection, it was fortunate that he had learned what he did. His training was incomplete as a mage, so he had to make use of everything that was left him.

Eventually, as his concentration grew, every movement was made clearer to the elf, from the contraction and retraction of the guild members muscles as they blocked and attacked the stalwart undead to their every inhalation and exhalation of breath. Even the undead's unnatural movements became more firmly ingrained in his mind the more he concentrated.

-Taken the other way around, however, Lyolf was incomplete as a martial adept, as he had little formal training with weapons since it had just remained a hobby of his despite the urging of several master practitioners of the art. So, it was also fortunate that he held some knowledge of the arcane.

Upon reaching his target destination, a spot only ten meters away from the tenacious foe, Lyolf once more reached inside the small pouch that hung casually at his hip and grabbed onto a small object-a wooden replica shaped into the likeness of an archery target. Onto that, The elf momentarily placed half his focus, while the other half went on to maintain his peculiar stance. It was straining not physically but mentally, but the elf had to manage.

-It was true that apart and by themselves, the elf was unskilled as either a mage or martial adept. But when he used the abilities of both in conjunction, he found he could achieve more than he first imagined.

With the image of the archery target firm in his mind, a dim but growing light took form within him and gently washed over his arms, through his hands, and into a strange series of chains and blades that he held. Just when did I remove that from my pack? Lyolf thought, but he had no time to wonder as the battle was not yet over.

A voice called out to him then from among his companions, warning him of the dangers ahead. But that just made the disposing of this current danger all the more important.

-Had he been purely a martial adept, he would not have been able to summon the mystical force that guided him now. And had he been just an average mage, he would have lacked the skill to act on that guidance.

But he was no simple martial adept and his grip hardened on the odd weapon, guided by a force no pure fighter would ever know. And in that regard, he was no mere mage either, as he carefully balanced the odd weapon in his hands and attacked with a skill most spellcasters would never reach.

The light within him grew and reached critical levels just as he launched the attack. But just before the weapon reached its target, in the short moment before steel could strike bone, Lyolf uttered the command words that gave magic form and transformed the world around him.

"Wahr Streik"

[spoiler]
Using the missed turn, Lyolf targets the skeleton with dodge], as he positions himself 10 ft west of the skeleton's location, and initiates True Strike. On this turn, he draws his spiked chain and attacks from that distance.

Attack (Spiked Chain): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+19 : 11 + 19, total 30[/blockquote]
Damage (Spiked Chain): [blockquote]Rolled 2d4+1 : 2, 2 + 1, total 5[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Making his way to the walls of the houses to the north, Vladimir was successfully able to hide in between all the outdor furnishings.

Meanwhile, Lyolf pulls out a long spiked chain, and attempted to attack the skeleton. However, as the sharp piercing metal clashed against bone, the skeleton was able to soften the blow by raising its shield up to defend itself.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vladimir moves north and uses Hide.
Lyolf casts True Strike.
Lyolf moves up and attacks and hits.
Lyolf deals 0 damage (5 absorbed).
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 7 in progress - Still to move: Zurgug

Missed Turns
Lyolf: 0

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 9/15, Regenerating (2 rounds)
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (593 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (593 rounds)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas seeing blood and feeling the smart of the Skeletons attack he to a measured step backward avoiding any opportune attacks then he moved further back to long range cursing his impatience. 

Throndir

Withdrawing, Kryas swiftly makes his way away from the skeleton. The skeleton, realizing that Zurgug was the nearer target, struck out with its scimitar, drawing blood against the hardened orc.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 7 ends, Kryas forces next round.
Round 8 begins.
Vladimir heals 1 hitpoints.
Kryas uses Withdraw moving 30 ft west.
Skeleton attacks Zurgug, hits, and deals 5 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 8 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Vladimir, Zurgug

Missed Turns
Zurgug: .5

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 10/15, Regenerating (1 rounds)
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (592 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (592 rounds)
Zurgug: 9/15,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

jammermoore

With Kryas retreating, and the skeleton making me bleed, I let out a sigh of anguish from the blow. I raise my club and say"you've made me bleed but you will around long enough to slay me; good bye my foe." 
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote]
If Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The orc heaving his club high, smashing into skeleton. The skeleton was already brittle from all the previous attacks, and it didn't much at all to completely smash it into pieces of bones.

QuoteI'd like everyone to roll their listen check.
[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Zurgug attacks, hits, and kills skeleton
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 8 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Vladimir

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeleton 2: 14, dead

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

listening check
[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir was happy to see the melee skeletons finally dispatched, so that he could focus on the ranged foes. He decided to attempt sneaking up to them, hoping to catch the lone one by surprise.

[spoiler][blockquote]Listen:  1d20+2 : 16 + 2, total 18[/blockquote]

Vladimir begins moving toward the lone archer.
[blockquote]Hide:  1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Move Silently:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

jammermoore

Listening check
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Moving eastwards, none of the skeletons seem to take notice of Vladimir.

[spoiler]
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 8 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeleton 2: 14, dead

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
True Strike

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Lance

Something sparked within Lyolf that day. Though nothing tangible changed on the outside, the elf was in utter turmoil from within. Even though his attack proved ineffective, something about it struck a deep chord inside of him. And as the orc finished off the last of the undead, leaving the skeleton truly dead on the ground, Lyolf's feeling grew. This...

...seems familiar
, he thought at length.

But that was impossible. Nightmares aside, he had never faced off against the dead in this fashion. Furthermore, this was the first time he had even drawn the mysterious chain in live combat. Though the mage had been busy tampering with the weapon on his spare time, he had felt it was still somehow incomplete. Thus, he had never drawn it before in a fight and instead relied on the sword at his waist to get him through his ordeals.

But before he knew it, he was holding that very weapon in his hands. And though he had forged the chain himself some time ago in a temple dedicated to swordsmanship and the martial arts, he knew very little about it. The mage sighed then, shaking his head as if in denial of such strange, unbidden thoughts. There were more pressing matters at hand.

He took a step forward and drew his off-hand in front of him. He wouldn't just stand idly by while the enemy remained undefeated. Earlier, a voice had even called out, warning him of the continued undead threat that lay ahead. But just what were they dealing with? What were their numbers? And who, if anyone, was commanding them?

The elf couldn't just leave all the investigative work to his familiar soaring overhead so he drew upon the weave once more-and it answered his call.

"Magis Ersp?hen"

[spoiler]
Lyolf takes a 5-ft-step east and casts Detect Magic while Uli will keep on doing what its been doing.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."