[IC] Rivals (Group 1)

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2013, 08:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

This wasn't working even when he did make a hit the creatures were barely fazed if they were to get through this they would need to work together

"Lyolf! Hand me one of those bombs quick i have an idea!" he said while grabbing a ball of his instrument thread and one of his arrows.
If his plan worked he could use the force of the impact of his arrow to cause a flask attached to it to shatter and ignite with a boom that might cause more damage and knock the creatures into the flames. "Goddess guide me!"

[spoiler]Plan use thread to tie flask to an arrow. Then firing the arrow should cause the thread and impact to crush the flask and cause it to expolde directly on a creature with more force. Hopefully knocking it prone into the pool of flames.

Roll to hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 17 + 2, total 19[/blockquote]

if  hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote] + bomb damage[/spoiler]

Lance

"Oh, that one blew up," Lyolf murmured in disbelief, not hearing the sudden yell that was blown away with the blast.

"...It blew up," Uli dully echoed, with a similar expression of doubt.

"Boom," the elf said, with half a mind to throw another flask of volatile oil into the instant bonfire.

"Boom," the raven agreed, handing its master another Bomb of Doom.

Taking the prepared flask from his familiar, Lyolf prepared to throw it just as he had been doing towards the tenacious undead. But a nearby ally called out, stopping his throw in mid-swing. He knew this one, at least he thought he did and he flexed his memory in an attempt to remember.

"Kryas...was it?" Lyolf shrugged. "So you want a Bomb of Doom?" Lyolf asked, throwing the half-elf in question the flask held in his hand.

"Catch."

[spoiler]Lyolf passes Kryas a flask and Uli'll keep on making more Bombs of Doom[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

jammermoore

After finishing my business at the weapon shop i see a great of people fighting a group of skeletons. I equip my new purchased great club and rush in from the west saying Backup has arrived let finish them off!  After I arrive on scene, I charge 25 ft  towards the skeleton #1  and swing my great club
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote]
If Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Ignition chance
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84[/blockquote]
if hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Vladimir's attack hit the skeleton in front of him. At the same time, the same skeleton had an arrow bury itself into its skull... with a burning flask of oil attached. At the impact, the burning oil exploded, the splash reaching Vladimir who was within range.

A moment later a new face arrived, as Zurgug charged and took down one of the skeletons in a single swipe with his club. That didn't faze the remaining skeletons, as they continued to attack Vladimir. Their swings completely missed as Vladimir was able to easily parry the attacks after changing his stance.

[spoiler]Note I'm ruling not to stack the flask damage for its duration with other burning flasks.
Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vladimir attacks and hits.
Vladimir deals 1 damage (5 absorbed).
Round 3 ends.
Round 4 begins.
Lyolf passes Kryas the flask.
Uli starts to create another bomb.
Kryas attacks and hits.
Kryas deals 1 damage (5 absorbed).
Flask of oil ignites.
Flask of oil deals 3 damage to Skeleton 1.
Flask of oil deals 1 damage to Vladimir.
Flask of oil deals 1 damage to Skeleton 3.
Flask of oil deals 1 damage to Skeleton 2.
Zurgug charges and hits.
Zurgug deals 14 damage.
Skeleton 1 is dead.
Skeleton 2 attacks and misses.
Skeleton 3 attacks and misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 4 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeleton 1: 19
Skeleton 2: 2
Skeleton 3: 3

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil (given to Kryas)

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Party HP
Vladimir: 8/15,
Kryas: 7/7,
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (597 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (597 rounds)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
Oil of flask, (1 rounds)
Oil of flask, (2 rounds)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Seeing one of the skeletons felled in one massive combo was enough to boost Vladimir's morale. It did not, however, make the burns any nicer to deal with. I'll die to my teammates faster than these skeletons! He groaned mentally.

Irritated by the scorching, Vladimir made another defensive strike, though his anger nearly made him reckless. He was finally able to lower his kukri a little, now that he did not have to defend from three sides. Always a silver lining...right? Even he wasn't convinced of that.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+1 : 20 + 1, total 21[/blockquote]
AC: 20
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  1d6+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

jammermoore

As the skeleton in front of me falls I say
"As one skeleton falls, 2 remain, lets band together vanquish the rest of them"
I rush over to skeleton #2, I hope to relieve some pressure off of Vladimir I swing for the fences at the skeleton
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 5 + 6, total 11[/blockquote]
If Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+5 : 7 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Landing a hit, Vladimir's rapier cut into the bones of one of burning skeletons. It wasn't enough to destroy it, until the burning oil which continued to lick at all of them finally brought it down; the skeleton suddenly stopping what it was doing as it collapsed in a dark heap. Zurgug who stepped closer in order to attack one of the skeletons, was also affected by the fires, as did Vladimir who continued to parry and fight against the undead creatures.

There was only one skeleton left.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vladimir attacks and hits.
Vladimir deals 2 damage (5 absorbed).
Round 4 ends.
Round 5 begins.
Zurgug attacks and misses.
Flask of oil continues to ignite.
Flask of oil deals 1 damage to Zurgug.
Flask of oil deals 2 damage to Vladimir.
Flask of oil deals 3 damage to Skeleton 3.
Flask of oil deals 3 damage to Skeleton 2.
Skeleton 2 attacks Vladimir and misses.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 5 in progress - Still to move: Vladimir, Lyolf, Kryas, Uli

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt
Skeleton 1: 19, dead
Skeleton 2: 5
Skeleton 3: 8, dead

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Party HP
Vladimir: 6/15,
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (596 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (596 rounds)
Zurgug: 14/15,

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
Oil of flask, (1 rounds)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Feeling the heat and his injuries starting to get the better on him, Vladimir decides it would be best to retreat and heal his wounds. "Zurgug, I need to retreat, cover me!"

He takes a few tactical steps backward from the skeleton (and the fire), then retreats a little further, takes a vial of red liquid from his belt, and quaffs it. Slowly, but surely, Vladimir begins to regenerate from his wounds. This isn't easy to come by without causing trouble, I'm going to have to go out to get more soon at this rate. If the problem were bandits of creatures instead of undead, it wouldn't be a problem, but of course it's not...

[spoiler]
Retreats 20 feet toward the raged portion of the group
Gains and spends one blood point, regenerating 1 hp per round over 5 rounds[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Landing a hit, Vladimir's rapier cut into the bones of one of burning skeletons. It wasn't enough to destroy it, until the burning oil which continued to lick at all of them finally brought it down; the skeleton suddenly stopping what it was doing as it collapsed in a dark heap. Zurgug who stepped closer in order to attack one of the skeletons, was also affected by the fires, as did Vladimir who continued to parry and fight against the undead creatures.

There was only one skeleton left.

[spoiler]No Photoshop on the computer I'm using. Use your imagination for the map.

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Vladimir 5 ft step back, retreat 20 ft.
Vladimir drinks vial of blood.
Vladimir healed 1 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 5 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Kryas, Uli

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 7/15, Regenerating (4 rounds)
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (596 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (596 rounds)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
Oil of flask, (1 rounds)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas notches another arrow and fires at the final skeletom

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote]

if hit

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

jammermoore

With two skeletons down, and seeing Vladimir in pain,
"I've got your back Vladimir, do what you need to do heal up."
I try get out of the fire and move close to last skeleton in hopes of vanquishing it. When I get close to the skeleton I take a swing at it.
[spoiler]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]
If Hit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Lance

"Guess we're just about finished now," the mage said matter-of-factly, "Uli, fly high and circle around the area while we deal with this last one. Who knows how much more survivors (and undead) are out there. Just report straight back as soon as you see something."

The raven sighed in response from within the elf's traveling pack. "No more Bombs of Doom?" It asked, in a disappointed tone.

"No more Bombs of Doom," the elf confirmed, although he too showed a little dissatisfaction at the order. Uli sighed again before taking off as ordered. The small black form shot out from the pack and only built in speed as it ascended.

Lyolf spent a quick moment watching his familiar soar high above, before turning back towards the task at hand-clearing the area of the undead. The mage briefly considered his actions, that is, until he remembered the readied flask still in his pack, the last "Bomb of Doom" the raven had managed to create before flying off. The elf shrugged.

Why not?

Taking, another step forward, Lyolf put a little more strength into it as he threw the final flask at the final undead.

[spoiler]Lyolf takes a 5 ft step forward and throws the bomb. Uli'll start exploring.

Oil Attack (At Undead): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 13 - 1, total 12[/blockquote]
Oil Ignition Chance: [blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 49, total 49[/blockquote]
Oil Potential Damage (Undead): [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
Oil Potential Damage (Zurgog): [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Oil Potential Damage (Vladimir): [blockquote]Rolled 1d3 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[On-Miss] Oil Splash: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

Though they were done to their last skeleton. Kryas' arrow didn't hit hard enough, the skeleton evaded Zurgug's attack, and Lyolf's flask did not ignite.

[spoiler]No Photoshop on the computer I'm using. Use your imagination for the map.

Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Kryas attacked and hit.
Kryas deals 0 damage (4 absorbed).
Zurgug attacks and misses.
Uli flies up.
Lyolf throws flask.
Flask does not ignite.
Round 5 ends.
Round 6 begins.
Skeleton attacks and misses.
Vladimir healer 1 damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move: Lyolf, Kryas, Vladimir, Uli, Skeleton

Missed Turns

Damage Dealt

Lyolf
Mage Armor
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil
Flask of Oil

Kryas
Ghost Sound
Alchemist's fire flask
Flask of Oil

Vladimir
Vial of Blood

Party HP
Vladimir: 8/15, Regenerating (3 rounds)
Lyolf: 4/4, Mage Armor (594 rounds)
Uli: 2/2, Mage Armor (594 rounds)

Area Effects
Bright sunlight (city)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir remained off to the side, watching his companions take on the final skeleton in view. He was in a slightly foul mood, however. Damned pyromaniac mage...and I thought the sun was bad, burning me from the ground, and here my teammate is burning me from the ground up! Was going to kill me if I hadn't retreated...

However, at this point, Vlad felt fighting was pointless. He wasn't hurting them, as anything without critical points countered his style of combat. He could be of SOME use, though. Being outside of the combat allowed him to scout the area, even while sitting still. And so he checked surroundings, ready to call out warning at the sight of a new enemy.

[spoiler]
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_