A Curse Disguised as a Blessing

Started by Linwelin, November 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Kryas had only seen lyolf's talent for diving a hand full of times before. He knew that that the elf was far better at his craft then he let on. So for him to find nothing meant that Annia's disappearance was more complicated then her getting preoccupied and not making it to the guild hall. To  not be able to be seen by magic meant that she was consciously being concealed from prying eyes. Bitting his lower lip slightly as he continued to calculate a plan he said, "This only means trouble."

Shifting his focus back to the present, "let's go see if the bird I sent out has come back yet it shouldn't have taken her long to respond then hopefully we'll have a lead." Running back downstairs and into the mail room he smiled when he saw the bird sitting on a perch chewing some millet as a reward for a job well done. Moving up to it he could see a slip of pink paper tied around one of it's legs. Tugging his prize free gently as to not spook the messenger he quickly retreated before reading the note. The paper smelled of roses as he he scanned the words a resigned dread filling his eyes.

The note read
"Come down to the Istus' Enclave  Immediately."

"We're leaving now everyone we don't have much time to waste it seems Annia has gotten herself in some sort of trouble. It seems like my friend might have found something  useful we need to go into the city now!" Kryas did not waste much more time in the hall then grabbing what little gear he needed and scribbling a note to Aria to find them if she wanted to come along.

Linwelin

Quote"This only means trouble."

That one statement helped Vladimir to realize that things may be more dire than a simple 'missing person' case. What if she was actually taken, or worse overpowered, while out. And why was she out so early in the first place? His mind began to swirl with thoughts or what could and couldn't happen. He had seen much in his travels, especially or the good and evil that people could accomplish, racial anxiety aside. It had only been a night, but Vladimir had come to realize this guild, and this town, to hold a special case of the good that people could harbor. But in his happiness at finding an accepting home, he was blinded to one reality; there is always evil to match the good. He wasn't sure if this was it, but it could be. And that brought him fear. Fear of losing a new friend; fear of losing a good friend. Yes, it had only been a night since he'd met any of these people, and most of them didn't even know 'him', but Annia and Kryas were the first to wholeheartedly accept him after knowing the truth of things, and to lose that overnight was tearing open multiple old wounds. He would do anything possible to keep that from resurfacing.

Kryas' expression told him that this fear was possibly a reality. While Vladimir had been lost in thought, the group had made their way to where the guild kept their messenger birds. It was his first time seeing the room, though that wasn't saying much, since he'd just come in that night. All he could think was, for the split moment he was distracted from current events, that there were a large assortment of birds. Hawks and owls for scouting, raven and pigeons for general messaging, among others of which he wasn't quite sure.

But that didn't matter now, he would gawk over it all once Annia was found, and safe. He saw that Kryas had spotted the bird in question, and retrieved a message. That it had a message inspired hope. That is, until Kryas' expression slowly turned dour. Vladimir steeled himself before asking the question.

"What does it say?"

Quote"Come down to the Istus' Enclave immediately."

"Istus' Enclave? What is that?" At this point, they were already running through the halls. He was not happy to run out in broad daylight, but by now he was good at hiding the discomfort. Though luckily that wouldn't be a problem, as he was able to borrow a hooded cloak from Kryas on the way out.

"What kind of trouble is she in if it's with this Enclave?" Vladimir wasn't sure what to think, mostly because he didn't know what was happening. These politics and events were foreign to him, but he almost immediately began brushing aside his questions about details. Nothing mattered now but making it to their destination on time.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas did not answer Vlad's question right away as he spearheaded the groups way into the city. He purposefully forwent any form of transportation that might arouse suspicion. Who knew who or what might have been watching the guild hall at that moment and he didn't want his hand tipped just yet until he knew more. As he turned on to one of the more crowded main streets he feel back slightly coming closer to the others behind him. He maintained a quick pace but purposefully built a mask of composure and mirth in case of wandering eyes.

Throwing his arm lightly over Vlad's shoulders once again he began barely steering the vampire though the crowds. This was a best a time as any to answer the questions that Kryas could still see on his face.

?The Enclave is the headquarters that my friend has created within the city to run her various enterprises.? He was careful to word his responses just so to make them sound uninteresting to those passing by. ?For her to want to meet face to face means that theirs something she wants to keep as quite as possible.? He waited a moment for the weight of his statement to sink in as they went along. The group continued through the streets turning from the market street to the plaza that separated the normal town to the wealthier districts.

Crowded stalls turned to window boxes and flower hedges. Stone status of the gods and various beasts greeted or grimaced at them. They did not stay here long however as the half elf forced the group to take a sharp turn into one of the many cobble paved offshoots. This road was more of an alleyway then anything else really as they were between large buildings that were so close together that their slopping shingled roofs made a shaded canopy from the sun and sky. Kryas was purposefully picking a roundabout route to his destination just to be safe. After quite a while pf moving from somewhat dingy and gross alley to even more claustrophobic alley opened into a larger main street somewhere in the guts of the city.

The Red light district particularly the higher end regions known as the Land of Dreams was far more open and clean. Fresh cut flowers and bright colored builds lined both sides of the street unlike far more stereotypical areas. The nobles paid well to satisfy their tastes and this area showed it. The morning was just starting to really come to an end an women looked out from their second floor balcony?s calling or waving at the regulars enticing them to stay another night. Bodyguards stood watch by every doorway in the shadows as men and women alike discreetly went about their business. There were all variety of people from humans to what looked like a lady with fox tails all were in the many buildings, and a surprising lack of clothing for this early in the morning.

Several of the guards tensed as they went passed hands on their weapons of choice until they noticed the half elf amongst them after which most relaxed. While Guild members were not forbidden from going to such places they acted as a secondary police force which often enough meant that if they showed up they were bad for business. Kryas on the other hand had done enough favors around this part of town to have a warmer welcome. Many of the girls called both his and Golas? Names as they passed. The giant in particular seemed to get a lot of attention as they continued along something about the ?Red Mane Lion? continued to float through the air.

Kryas did his best to simply ignore them while smiling or giving small nods to those who would not stop without being acknowledged. His goal was one of the largest buildings that stood slightly separated from the others by a small courtyard. The Istus? Enclave was the Headquarters for  one of the largest underground networks in the city. Rosa had eyes and ears everywhere and kept things funded using the money earned from her many gambling houses and brothels. She was a den mother of sorts protecting those she cared about tooth and nail and enialating those who got in her way.

Kryas respected her style and bravado and had started their friendship because they both knew that the other was not as they first appeared. Removing himself from the group the half elf knocked on the heavy mahogany door in front of them using the obsidian knocker shaped like a dragons head. The only way into the Enclave was by invitation and they did not take kindly to unwanted guests.

Mysticsage

Repost for LIn

The pace at which they moved was troublesome at first for Vladimir, due to the sunlight, but he was able to shrug off the brunt of the queasiness soon enough. Kryas' answers definitely helped distract him his adversity toward the sun. "That seems fairly admirable, but something seems off. "Why is there a need for such discretion?" But as soon as they turned the corner, he had his answer. Though higher-end than most, it was without a doubt a red light district. "Oh." That is all Vladimir had to say aloud. So that's why he was so vague. But now the real question. What in the world does Annia, a paladin, have to do with this area of the city!? And I though she was the normal one... Vladimir thought to himself, a perplexed expression on his face as they continued to run through the town.

He noted the tension caused by guild members as they passed, but then praises for Kryas and Golas. What the praises were truly for, Vladimir couldn't say, but it at least SEEMED personal. I just can't get a solid read on these guild people...first they seem heroic, then relatively petty or flaky. Well, at least they're friendly. Vladimir concludes his thoughts with a nod of approval as they approach what looks to be the main compound. Once Kryas knocked on the doors, Vladimir immediately got an ominous feeling. It wasn't danger, just very unsettling, like he wasn't going to like where he was going.

"So, what kind of person are we dealing with here...?" Vladimir said cautiously, staring up at the large doors and examining the building.

Throndir

"Some sort of information broker by the last time I came around here." Golas had been busy waving back and grinning widely at all the women giving him attention, but he had enough sense in him to respond back to Vladimir. "The girls here give some pretty good back rubs Vlad." He grinned as he elbowed the man.

However once Kryas lifted the knocker from its place, its sound resonating on the mahogany doors, Golas sobered up, as he stood behind the two with him, a towering presence but curious still for when the door would open.

Neko

Immediately after she had slummed it shut,  Aria had slunk down beside the door, too mortified to make any further movements. She listened as those outside her room continued to speak - The newest one offering apologies. A slight tinge of guilt hit her gut. For whatever reason this kind of thing happened often...She was so easily misunderstood, and had undoubtedly offended the newcomer.

With a sigh, she continued listening in on the conversation, mostly wanting to know what the deal was with Annia. Something was wrong? It did seem a little odd she hadn't seen her friend in so long...But it was hard to believe anything bad could have happen to the paladin. She was beautiful, strong, smart...beautiful...Aria shook herself out of her own thoughts, and finally brought herself to her feet.

Embarrassment had momentarily turned to worry at this point. She took little time to get herself clothed, not wanting to fall too far behind the others. She'd often walked alone through the city since arriving, but there were a few areas she had yet to explore.
Just as she'd taken hold of the door handle, the elf heard the crinkling of paper beneath her boot. "Hm?" Picking it up, she found a note from Kyras.

---

Luckily for the elf, the group hadn't made it too far ahead. She found her guildmates just as Kyras led them into some back alleys. She followed at a distance, still a bit embarrassed from their earlier encounter. The area around them seemed to change a lot, the further in they went. It wasn't long until they reached an area she'd never even seen before, despite her constant exploring.

Aria began to feel a little self-conscious as they continued through. It felt as if people had been staring at her - But why? Her outfit did show a fair amount of skin...but glancing at the other girls in the area, that didn't seem too odd. She crossed her arms, picking up her pace. She didn't want to track so far behind anymore.

The elf finally caught up to her guild mates as they came to a door. She stood silently behind them, waiting. Hopefully they'd figure out where Annia was.

Linwelin

Vladimir picked up the sound of footsteps coming up behind them, mostly because he was so guarded about the area. He was, however, pleasantly surprised at who it was. Not a stranger, nor possible threat, but Aria, the elf he'd met awkwardly an hour or so ago. He'd not actually expected her after their first meeting, considering both how the meeting went, and the fact that she'd not exactly seemed to be a morning person. Almost immediately, he recalled that awkward situation, and was barely unable to hide a look of embarrassment. Nonetheless, Vladimir managed a smile at the woman.

"Good morning, Aria. Glad you managed to find your way safely and meet up with us." He said with a hint of sheepishness, then finally steadying himself, "Hopefully this venture will help us figure out what your roommate managed to get herself into so quickly."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

The doors opened wide before the group followed by a gust of perfume-drenched air that smelled strongly of sage and roses. The particular incense was a favorite of the club as it was supposedly useful in the art of detecting hidden magic. To anyone who was new to the place it might seem flamboyant and overpowering. The interior of the large building was split into three major levels all connected by the grand entrance hall made to look like a temple of a goddess. The three major floors each were connected by a central staircase that seemed to stretch all the way to the mosaic stained glass roof.

?Welcome esteemed guests to the Enclave!? Said a tall and elegant woman dressed in a white kimono with a pink floral pattern, and had her waist long Auburn hair in al lose bun held together with a jeweled flower pin. She greated the group with a smile and hugged Kryas as she drew closer. She was a good half a foot tall then the already lanky bard and carried herself with a deceptive strength. Not to mention her outfit while covering her highlighted her already outstanding features. Those who were directly next to the bard may have noticed her whisper something in his ear before she moved back.

?We have been expecting you, I apologize for us having to call you all out here even though your already in a hurry. Rosa did not want this getting out into the streets. If one of the other interested parties realized something was going on.?

?You both did what you thought was the right thing, and I?d prefer to step carefully myself.?
Then realizing that he was leaving the rest of the group in the dark he quickly said, ?Guys this is the Enclave?s second in command everyone Miss North she keeps this place from falling to pieces while Rosa goes wild.?

?Don?t let her hear that she?s liable to hang you upside down from the balcony till your face is purple.? North laughed slightly. ?She?s in her office looking things over I?ll take you there and hopefully get you on your way.? With a wave of her hand she began leading them up the large staircase. She went pas the ground floor lounges the second floor gambling rooms and onto the far more secluded third floor. Where the other two floors seemed crowded and lively the third floor was much calmer and had many more closed doors that appeared to be magical in some manner or another.

North upon reaching the third floor cut through the halls going along a practiced path to an ornate oak door segregated from everything else.  She quickly knocked before opening the door and ushering them all inside before following. A warm carpeted room greeted them with a small fire in a fireplace in the corner and a woman with long black hair and mocha skin tied back in a ponytail. She was looking over some kind of builder?s blueprints.

?How?s it going Rosa?? Kryas said with a smile only to get a sharp death glare in return.

?You know anytime your involved in anything my life just fills with complecations? You seem to be a magnet for crazy people Smiles.?

Kryas only shrugged, ?Life is to short to be boring at least that?s always been my opinion. So what have your girl?s found??

Rosa seemed to only snort slightly before rubbing her forehead as if to stop a headache that already was in full force. ?After you sent that note I started pumping my sources and sending my agents to every bar within a good thirty blocks of the guild looking for any witnesses or rumors and what they turned up well to be honest stink?s worst then owl bear dung in the middle of summer. Your friend Annia seemed to have gotten herself kidnapped from a couple of mobsters from the east looking to set up a foothold in this town. Now normally, It would be easy enough for any of the families to mop up any upstarts who don?t know how things are run. But these guys are different. They have supposedly set up shop in some kind of ruins that had been covered over centuries ago. What worse is that the whispers about these guys are that they have several necromancers in their ranks for support. So not only do we have to find what ever hole they crawled into but, there is no telling what horror?s they have cooked up down in those tunnels. No doubt they would sense anyone who still had a living pulse a mile a way.?

Golas Rorn

"Then what are we waiting for!" The large man boomed. Golas looked as if he were ready to blast out of the building to look for Annia, but there was still some important pieces of information he needed. "Show us where to go, and we'll pick up that missy! To think she could be bested by thugs." The large man spoke nonchalantly, but there was a certain tinge of worry in his usual sureness.

The fighter was never really great at thinking of plans, and as he cupped his hands together, itching for a fight, it was easy to tell that Golas just wanted to get his hands on the kidnappers.

Linwelin

It's too...sweet...and heavy. That's all Vlad could think as the rush of air swept past him from behind the doorway. This was the one time he was damning his heightened senses. He stifled a cough, and resisted covering his nose to avoid being rude. But he could barely breathe, and already longed for fresh air. He quietly muttered to himself, "I knew this area would be flamboyant, but gods this is overdoing it..."

However, upon realizing that they were his new roommate's friends, at least judging by the conversation, he immediately understood the overwhelming nature of the building. Vladimir was extremely confused about what this place even had to offer, as far as finding Annia. It didn't sound like she was here, and this certainly didn't seem like the place for information...or is it? Shady districts certainly had a reputation for information dealings.

Vladimir looked to the bard once again, just before reaching the intended room. Who are you, Kryas, to have connections like these...

The head of the Enclave, Rosa, was much more terse and ornery than Vladimir had expected. Especially for an information broker. Sure, almost all of them had a poor temper, it seemed a requirement for the job. But maybe it was that she lacked...class? No, despite the overwhelming incense, the whole establishment had good status. Ah, refinement, that's it. With how Kryas and Miss North referred to her, plus her own demeanor, Rosa was hardly as lady-like as he'd expected. Granted it was nice to have a blunt broker for once, one that didn't dance around the issue to avoid saying too much. But the surprise at her personality was still there.

Vladimir listened intently to what she had to say, getting another shock when they said the paladin had been bested by thugs. That hardly seemed right; he didn't think he'd overestimated Annia, and felt she was easily about such mistakes. There has to be something-

Then it was said. Necromancers. ...That would explain it. A paladin's natural enemy. Though Annia was hardly a normal paladin; she'd accepted a vampiric creature like him, after all.

Ah.
It hit him as soon as Rosa mentioned it. 'Anyone who still had a living pulse', is it?

He looked over to Kryas to confirm that the bard had a similar idea, but made sure to give a look as though to say "keep it a secret, still, for now." It seems this would be the perfect mission for Vladimir to do a little...scouting.

"Pardon me for asking any more of you, but would you happen to have a decent idea of which ruins they may be hiding in? And maybe have a layout of them? I'd like to get whatever knowledge I can, for Annia's sake." Vladimir had a careful, but stern look on his face, determination showing plainly.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Neko

Aria said nothing, despite Vladimir?s friendly greeting - but not only for the obvious reasons?Something was bothering the elf. Something about the area, the people?It was all vaguely familiar. She let out a quiet sigh, unable to really figure out why she?d know such a place. It wasn't even just the place, it was the atmosphere. Aria continued trailing behind the others once the doors were opened. Things only got worse once they were inside. Aria rubbed her forehead, suddenly finding she wasn't feeling so well.

Something nobody had asked Aria ? Where was she from? In some ways she was glad since, even if they had asked, she couldn't really answer. Once in a while things would spark her memory?But, not really memories, as much as feelings. There wasn't time for it right now though; more important things were at hand. They were eventually led to a more secluded section, where they met the ever so mysterious Rosa.

?Your friend Annia seemed to have gotten herself kidnapped??

The elf made an audible gasp at Rosa's words, her hands clasping over her mouth. The courageous and beautiful paladin...Had been kidnapped?? This day was simply becoming too much.

"Pardon me for asking any more of you, but would you happen to have a decent idea of which ruins they may be hiding in??

Vladimir had inquired. Aria nodded quickly, also wanting the information. There would be no rest till Annia was back home and safe.

Mysticsage

Rosa simply looked at the pair of them with a sidelong smirk waving her arms wide to signal all the large faded blueprints that are scattered around the room.

"What do you think? This is my business after all", she motioned everyone to gather around the large drafting table that she used as a desk and pointed at a faded city plan that looked several centuries old.

"The city of Ternandan as some of you may or may not know was original the sight of several previous settlements and cities in the past. These sites were all destroyed either one way or another. Now most often those cities were completely demolished by natural disasters or monster attacks that used to occur in this region before the establishment of the guilds. When there were ruins that remained people mostly just built structures around what remained. By incorporating the old with the new the city itself has been able to survive for an incredibly long time despite its size.

However, about 500 years ago the clock got reset as it were when a serious of devastating earthquakes swallowed a significant portion of the city. True to form this portion of the city that had become almost completely buried became the first series of catacombs that were created. It is my belief that the cult has set up shop somewhere deep within these original tunnels. The problem is that the documentation of what existed at the time leaves a great deal to be desired.? At this she let out a small sigh, ?The city archives are extremely lacking in terms of historical information and the crime bosses had yet to appear so even those records don?t help much. I was however, able to find an old bootleggers map that at least talks of a hidden entrance to a passageway that was used in that area to help smuggle goods when taxes were bad.

As long as it still exists someone could use that passageway to get into the catacombs, and then from there all they would have to do is follow the stench of decay and dark magic.?
[/color]

?Sounds like we have a plan then!?[/color] smiled Kryas happily, ?I know you would have exactly what we would need Rosa.?[/color]

?Yeah, Yeah Smiles don?t thank me yet this was easy. There is still that problem of anything living not being able to get close enough to whatever rat?s nest they?ve made down there to save your paladin. And I don?t employ Zombies, the smell alone would kill my business.?[/color]

?Leave that part to me,?[/color] Kryas smirked glancing only a moment at Vladimir in recognition.

?Oh, really?? [/color]she said giving the bard a quizzical look before just shaking her head. ?You know what forget it. I should now better then to question you about these types of things Smiles.?[/color] She laughed a little as she rolled up the map and handed it to the closest person who happened to be Vladimir.

?The entrance to the underground passageway is a trapdoor in the cellar of a bakery on the other side of town. The Morning Bun, I already talked to the owner, so he should be expecting you. Just drop buy and say that I sent you and he should let you right down.?[/color]

?Thanks Rosa, for everything.?[/color]

?Just make sure you clear them all out for me I don?t want to leave any down their to procreate if you know what I mean.?[/color]

?Got it! Kay guys shall we head out??[/color] asked Kryas.

As they all said their goodbyes, and began to leave the office Rosa stopped Kryas with a hand on his shoulder and whispered something in his ear.

?Oh! That?s right I completely forgot,?[color] Waving the others forward he said, ?Sorry about this guys I gotta stay here for a bit you mind going ahead without me? I?ll catch up soon.?[/color] Without waiting for a response Miss North closed the door to the office, effectively sealing the room from any prying eyes or ears. Any attempts to listen in would now be impossible.

Linwelin

As the information about the task at hand was revealed, Vladimir was becoming much more comfortable. This was EXACTLY what he was hoping when he heard what the group was like. And they thought THEIR home was darkness...

Vladimir began studying the map while the final pleasantries were exchanged. However, it suddenly dawned on him. How was he to explain WHY they could get past the "living barrier" that kept being mentioned? Kryas and Annia were the only ones that knew he was vampiric, and there was no guarantee that the others would welcome that information.

Do I not let them know how I'll do it and go solo, or tell them and hope it works out. I trust them, without a doubt, if for no other reason than that Galas'nor welcomed me overnight. But some may have inhibitions, or past experiences of trauma with vampires. Losing trust isn't what I want from such good people...not again. But waiting and having them find out later may be worse. What's will do more damage, witholding the truth, or the truth itself?

Anyone watching Vladimir saw his focused look of study slowly turn to a thoughtful, perturbed expression. It was hard to tell what bothered him, but it was assumed to be the plan.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Having made up his mind, Vladimir steeled himself and prepared what he would say. He would tell them the truth, for Annia's sake, and so they did not follow him. But not here. He could tell immediately that in such an organization, the walls had ears.

"Well, for now, let's head back to the guild hall and think up a plan of approach. We can wait for Kryas there. Personally, I'd just like to get out of this foreign, overly-perfumed area..." He had muttered those last thoughts under his breath, not quite audible, or so he hoped. Vladimir then motioned toward the exit, "Shall we?"

The walk itself was fairly casual, but seemed a bit quite. After all, tension was high. For the rest of the group, it was approaching a group of necromancers without being noticed. For Vladimir, it was approaching his new friends about why he WOULDN'T be noticed. It was a somewhat awkward situation, but at least it was peaceful. It had at least given him time to think.

Telling them was certainly the right choice. He would be able to find out, then and there, who could not tolerate his presence, and properly avoid them to cause the least disturbance. On the other hand, those who found his existence tolerable would not view him as suspiciously compared to if he'd hidden this knowledge. After all, being told by the vampire he is such shows a purposeful, respectful avoidance of subtlety. Revealing such a disadvantageous secret would garner more trust from him. Right?

Vladimir still wasn't sold on the idea. But all the while, they'd reached the guild hall. Time was up. As they approached a planning room for debriefing and brainstorming, the methuselan steadied himself once more. Alright, Vladimir, time to speak and face the consequences.

As the doors closed and the maps slid onto the table before the group, Vladimir cleared his throat lightly before speaking. "...Everyone, before we begin, I've something important to say." He paused to make sure he had their attention. "No doubt, you've all been puzzling over how to get past the life-detecting magics of the cult since we first heard about them. It certainly does pose a problem." He looked around to see everyone somewhat nodding, but still confused about why such a thing was brought up first. "However, I know a way around it. Or at least, I should say, I personally can get around the magic due to a single flaw." At this, people froze, with excited looks on their faces, a couple even mouthing 'How!?'

"The flaw is that it can't detect the dead."

He could already tell he'd stunned the group, but at least half of them considered the observation a dumb joke. At this, he changed the subject to the night before. "I only just came to the guild the night before, so most of you are probably wondering who exactly I am, and why I'm so invested in this search. Well, I was welcomed into the guild by both Annia and Kryas, and they made a very strong, positive impression on me. For you see, I was scared of approaching and entering the hall, you could even call it somewhat traumatic for me. But despite my fear and faults, those two welcomed me with kind smiles. They blew my fears away. So, in a sense, I owe them both my sanity."

Once again, he paused, but this time for his own sake. It's time, there's no going back now.

Vladimir looked down, pondering as he spoke, then lifted his head and held his gaze with his last statement. "For you see...my reason for being afraid is...I am of the undead."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Golas Rorn

The large man who had been listening intently just prior, burst out in a warm laughter.

"I hope you're in jest, you don't look undead at all. You're not shambling from what I can tell, and I don't remember ever smelling anything close to rotting meat. A bit pale and thin, but that's not anything a bit of meat can't fix! Buahaha!" With that Golas somehow pulled what looked to be jerky from seemingly out of no where and tossed it towards the direction of Vladimir. That done, he leaned in close, his large hands reaching for Vladimir's shoulder, his steeled eyes leveled with the man.

"You are just joking aren't you?"