A Curse Disguised as a Blessing

Started by Linwelin, November 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"If you eat to many of these my friend you'll end up losing those pustulated glances you covet so much!" Kryas teased with a smirk. "Besides we have work to do, think of it as a reward for when we find our missing friend." Kryas moved the rest of the baked goods out of the giant man's reach. Moving lightly he kindly patted Golas shoulder which was almost above his head even though Golas was sitting.

The he lightly slung his arm around Vlad's shoulders to prevent him from possibly trying to worm his way out of helping in the search. Kryas could tell Vlad would have anyway after hearing some of the other man's story the previous night, but a  little friendly encouragement and camaraderie would do him some much needed good.

Leading the way back up to the second story of the guilds he turned the opposite direction to his room and then after a few more minutes turned down another corridor. The female dormitories had there own deprecate wing for privacy similar to the one that the three boys lived in. Kryas made his way to one of the very end rooms deep in the back then knocked. There was no telling if Annia's roommate if she had one was still sleeping or not so he might as well give someone a chance to answer before barging in.

Neko

Aria yawned lightly as she brushed through her hair. She sat at the edge of her bed, the elf's silvery locks reaching the floor. She had been at it for an entire hour, her arm beginning grow a bit tired from the repetitive motion. ?Hmm...?? She looked to the door, a little surprised to hear someone knocking. It wasn't too weird for people to come to her room, but it was always for Annia ? not her. The paladin wasn't even around that morning, what could anyone possibly need? She sat her brush aside, feeling she'd probably given her hair enough attention at this point anyway. 

Aria carefully opened the door. She was in a long white nightgown, having not yet gotten dressed for the day. Rather than saying anything, she simply stared at the guild-mates before her. Golas, Kryas, and...someone she didn't know. She wasn't close to any of them ? but she had seen Golas and Kryas around enough to feel comfortable. The pale stranger next to them, however, left her feeling slightly uneasy. The elf was partially hidden by the door, her hand wrapping around the edge of it.

Linwelin

Vladimir saw what Kryas had done by catching his shoulder, and inwardly, was nearly insulted. Of course he wanted to find Annia, it had only been a night, but he knew her behavior was somewhat odd. He wasn't actually insulted, as he knew that's how Kryas worked, so he went along with the gesture as they marched through the halls. Plus, after the long years of alienation, it was nice to feel welcomed. Why ruin that?...wait, he didn't read into that, did he? That Kryas...I can never tell what his motive is...

Upon reaching Annia's supposed room, as Vladimir still really had no idea where he was, he watched as Kryas gave a stern knock on the door. It hadn't even occurred to Vladimir that Annia would have a roommate, she hadn't seemed the type. Moreover, he was trying to imagine what the scenario would be like. Annia was so dutiful in nature that he imagined it would be hard to keep roommates. Unless they could take orders on housekeeping. He chuckled to himself without meaning to. An exaggeration, of course, but he couldn't help mulling over the idea.

All his thinking and self-amusement still did not prepare him when the door opened. Still in a nightgown, the group was greeted by a rather statuesque elf, As he was used to modesty, or at least generally not used to seeing people, he quickly averted his gaze. But almost as soon as he did, a familiar chill crept up his spine. When he turned to investigate, Vladimir found it was the elf, giving a mixed look of confusion and uneasiness. Ah...that look...well, looks like meeting others in this guild won't be as easy as Kryas and Golas...did I just think easy? That's not right. Smooth? No...Ah, blunt! Straightforward! That works. The puzzlement was instant, but he did not show it on his face, instead returning a similar look. He didn't exactly mean to, but it was his usual reaction. After all, he was confused, as well. Annia rooming with an elf? Hardly the order-taking type. Plus, the way she holds herself...she's interesting even for an elf...beautiful, of course, but interesting. The awkward, silent stare-down proved that thought.

He didn't feel it was his place to talk, as he knew Kryas was leading this search. Also, he wasn't sure how the new face would receive him. So instead, he simply returned her gaze, hoping this would go over well.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Buahahaha! Careful there Vlad, Aria's easily fightened, all you're staring might just scare her away!" The large man laughed heart-fully as he slapped his pale comrade.

When the group first went up to Annia's room, Golas had hoped that Annia would be there, it was usually she, rather than Aria, who opened the door after all. The knight always took the lead on such things, and it made Golas wonder how it must have been like for the room-mates, with one being so withdrawn, and Annia having a more forceful personality. When the elf opened the door, Golas immediately realized that Annia wasn't home. Or at least in her room.

"You haven't seen the knight have you missy? The girl promised to spar with me today, did she already leave this morning?" Golas asked. Thinking perhaps that the knight had some errand to go to.

Mysticsage

Kryas donned his signature smile as a sign of peace for the elven girl "Good morning Aria!" ribbing golas slightly as he went. He them stepped slightly shielding vlad from Aria with his usual charisma he did not want an argument or worse a fight at this moment.

Kryas had spent very little time in the girl's wing of the guild he had a policy of trying to avoid uncomfortable moments. So that meant he had yet to pursue any of the female members of the guild. To be honest he had not been certain who Annia's roommate was or if she even had any to begin with until this very moment he was glad to see it was someone he know however even if only as acquaintances. Kryas liked her well enough though from what he had seen of here she was unique and that was what interested him the most.

"I wanted to come and warn you two that I made something sweet for breakfast this morning and I made extras so I thought I would share some before Golas had the chance to suck them all down." He smiled sticking his thumb at Golas. So why don't you and your roommate come down and join us?" He knew his bardic tounge would at least shield enough of his intentions to just make him seem weird, which to be honest he knew he was to begin with.

"Once we're done with breakfast we thought we would walk around town do you want to tag along?"

Neko

The awkward stare-down  continued for a few more moments. The elf wasn't trying to be rude, she just didn't know what to say. She averted her gaze, instead looking down at her bare feet. Luckily, Golas and Kryas broke the silence with questions about the paladin. Aria's brow furrowed as she thought about it - When was the last time she had seen Annia around, anyway?

?Yesterday...? Aria mumbled, just loud enough for them to hear. It was easy to tell the gears in the elf's head were turning as she ran through events from the day before. The last time she had seen her roommate, the two had been out for lunch. She had really grown to enjoy spending time with Annia...the paladin was one of the few people Aria felt comfortable enough to really speak to. Even when the elf had a hard time putting words together, Annia always managed to reply enthusiastically. After lunch, Annia and Aria had gone their separate ways. ?We ate..food..but not today.? Aria finally said. She sounded contemplative, as if still thinking hard.

When Kryas invited Aria out, she, like usual, wasn't sure what to say.
She wasn't even....dressed......yet......

The elf's cheeks slowly turned a light shade of pink, her grip on the door tightening slightly as she remembered she was still in her Pjs.

Without another word, Aria slammed the door shut.

Linwelin

Thanks to the comments and movements of the two beside him, Vladimir snaps out of his awkward stare down with Aria. He chuckles nervously, embarrassed. However, he was promptly met by a slammed door before he could respond. He sighed lightly to himself, his shoulders slumping slightly. Is every meeting going to be this...dramatic? Annia was the only 'normal' one, if I can say that. Vladimir thought as he stepped up and spoke through the door, knowing he had to say something.

"My apologies for the staring! I was just surprised, I've been trying to imagine what Annia's roommate would be like, and had not expected an elf, no less a beautiful one. I meant no ill-will, milady. My name is Vladimir Ludwik, I just came to the guild last night, so I can understand your look of suspicion. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope next time we meet under more...comfortable circumstances." Of course, that was not the whole truth, as the reason for his extended staring was the look she'd given him. But he was not going to be rude, nor did he want to. The last thing Vladimir wanted was for history to repeat itself in that regard. She seemed like a good person, after all. Everyone here seemed that way.

With that, Vladimir backed away from the door and turned to Kryas and Golas. "Well, it seems she has not seen Annia for a while. Any other ideas of where she could be?" It was never confirmed whether Aria would join them, but if so, she could meet up with them once she was ready. For the sake of leaving a better impression on a new friend in the future, he hoped that was the case. He also hoped that his assumption that she was a new friend was true. Only time would tell.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Visiting Annia in her own quarters wasn't something Golas had done very often. There were the occasional times when he would start pounding on their door, much like he did this very morning to Kryas' room, and even though the large man had met Aria only a few times before, Golas never really mastered the charm or wit his bard friend had, and save for Annia who had become a steadfast friend and comrade in arms during his time in the guild, there really was little else that he had in common with the opposite gender. It made things connecting to someone as quiet as Aria even more difficult given the almost polar opposite personalities.

But even if they were opposites, it didn't necessarily mean that they had the opposite tastes.

"Mighty fine pastries you made Kryas, I might just end up eating them all!" He wasn't really going to, he was more curious about how Aria would react. Knowing what a person eats is the first step in knowing a person after all! At the very least he figured they should save some for Annia when they find her.

"Well, it seems she has not seen Annia for a while. Any other ideas of where she could be?" Vladimir had said as he turned towards Golas and Kryas. In response Golas shook his head.

"The lady-knight's around surely! The courtyard where she trains, sometimes outside the walls of the city, we have Kryas' bird, and if anything a wizard might be able to find her."

Lance

"Gaiz, gaiz," a familiar voice began, as a particular elf faded into view.

"I is wizard!"

"And I'm a raven!"

Both master and familiar declared with pride-one standing triumphantly before the group and the other hovering with the same elated emotion. For even though Lyolf was unaware of the full tale involved in such an odd gathering, he had at least heard that last part from the ever boisterous, larger-than-life man.

"...a wizard might find her."

And though he did not intend to eavesdrop on their conversation, the elf found that his highly-sensitive elven ears just could not entirely blot out all the background noise in the guild hall, thus filling him in on several interesting details. And from what he had heard, at least, it seemed as if some girl had gone missing-who it was, he couldn't quite tell-but from the guild member's tone, it was someone close.

"Who're you looking for?" The mage asked in a curious manner. "And..."

The raven sighed.

"Who's he?" Lyolf continued, while pointing at an unfamiliar pale face among them. Making his way closer towards the group, he then proceeded to poke said face while he waited patiently for an answer.
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Linwelin

Vladimir cringed at the mention of wizards, and he hurriedly tried to clear his mind of what the word brought up; they were not fond, nor welcome memories. But fate had other plans for him, and would not let him run away from those feelings. As though he'd been waiting in the shadows the whole time, an actual wizard of the guild appeared as though the word itself was a queue. To make matters worse, he was obviously not right in the head. Is it a prerequisite that you're mentally unstable in order to become a wizard? Gods...

Then, as though he hadn't yet been tormented enough, the wild wizard walked up and poked Vlad's face. Several times. POKED it. Vladimir had to blink a few times in surprise, as he was in an utter stupor at the wizard-in-question's great lack of tact. Once he finally realized that the wizard was STILL poking his face, Vlad swatted the hand away, and gathered himself.

"My name is Vladimir, and I'm to be a new member of the guild starting today. Or at least I was, but the one that was going to help sort things out has gone missing. We're looking for Annia Sia- Would you stop that already!?" Vladimir said sharply, swatting away the wizard's prodding hand yet again, then rubbing him own cheek. He had kept poking the same spot, and it was starting to feel a bit sore. "You do know it's common courtesy to NOT invade the personal space of people you don't know well, right?"

Yes, this was a wizard. And he did not sit well with Vladimir. Yet another to add to the list.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

"That's enough Lyolf." Kryas chuckled but it was a dangerous smile not one of happiness. Kryas knew the wizard to cause as much trouble as he did help in any given situation. Stepping between Vlad and Lyolf purposely to stop anything from escalating he turned to face the wizard?s familiar. Uli in Kryas experiences with the pair was that if he wanted anything out of them the one to have a conversation with was the crow.

?Good morning Uli having you both seem to have a lot of energy this morning. Hope this guy is not being to much of a handful for you.? Kryas smiled a real smile this time at the bird.

?So what do you say want to help us find Annia I?m sure she?s somewhere in the city but its not like her just to disappear wouldn?t you agree? We were thinking of looking around town I just want to make sure everything is above board.? His smile faltered slightly when he said the last line.

Leaning back to the bedroom door he called, "It would be great if you joined as well Aria if you want I?m sure we could always use a keen set of eyes in the search." He ribbed Vladimir lightly with his elbow afterword. How awkward the man had been around the elf was a perfect way to have a little fun. He would not be living down the encounter anytime soon.

Lance

Well that's interesting, the mage immediately thought, as the poking onslaught began.

"My name is Vladimir"

[spoiler=Poke]

"...and I'm to be a new member of the guild starting today."

[spoiler=Poke, poke]

"Or at least I was,"

[spoiler=Smudge.]

"...but the one that was going to help sort things out has gone missing."

[spoiler=Smudgepoke]

"We're looking for Annia Sia-"

[spoiler=Pokepokepokepokepokepokepoke]

"Would you stop that already!?"

...poke[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

"Ah, sorry sorry," the elf laughed while waving his currently-non-poking hands in an apologetic manner. "Welcome to the guild!, he explained half a beat later. "I had just wanted to confirm something-and confirm it, I have!" Lyolf beamed triumphantly which, for a wizard...

...meant his face was giving off light rays as he spoke.

And though the light was faint, the fact that there had even been a light in the first place was worthy of note, turning an eye and drawing a light-hearted chuckle from several passing guild members. Already, it was an expression that some had come to either fear or adore depending on the situation involved-and rightly so. For mages have always been known to be more unpredictable than most.

Of which Lyolf was a shining example. Literally.

"That's enough Lyolf"

A new voice had cut-in. The half-elven bard. Kryas was his name, if the mage recalled correctly. Lyolf shrugged in response, finding no further need to continue his assault on the pale one's face anyways.

The standard introductions quickly followed, to which his raven responded with a simple: "You have no idea," all the while shaking its head with a sigh. That only widened the mage's grin.

But then the half-elf brought up something odd, the identity of the missing individual, and his grin disappeared completely. "So it was Annia..." The mage narrowed his eyes, first in doubt, then in complete and utter perplexity.

It made little sense, he knew. For though Lyolf was fairly new to the guild himself, he had already been acquainted with the personalities and habits of several other guild members-including those of the now-missing paladin. So he absolutely knew, beyond all doubt, that this wasn't like her. Had she been abducted, the elf pondered, or even killed? Or perhaps she was finally caving in for wearing all that needlessly cumbersome armor that knights like to wear, thus taking a looong unexpected nap.

But, of course, that latter option didn't seem likely.

The master and his familiar exchanged glances. "You can hold off on the search," Lyolf responded at length, and in all seriousness. Gone was all mischief and merriment from his face. Even the glow had faded. Due to all his past encounters, potential troubles now seemed to have that effect on him, and it was easy to tell whenever he grew serious. "If you'll all hear me out then..."

The mage reached into a well-used pouch hung on his sword-belt, to pull and present a humble forked twig taken from an aged willow tree.

"I've got a better idea."

Linwelin

Vladimir groaned at the light elbow, he knew what the hint was about and barely stifled a blush. That was NOT my best moment...hopefully I'll be able to live it down at some point...

Then he turned his attention back to the mage. Looking him over, Vladimir thinks about what Kryas was saying. You're asking HIM for help, Kryas? Does "help" even exist in his world? Then he watched the mages expression change, and heard the seriousness in his voice. It looks as though I spoke too soon...he's an odd fellow.

"An idea that'll replace our need to search, is it? What sort of idea?" Vladimir said as he watched the mage rummage through his bag and produce a forked twig. Magic. Of course it would involve magic. Well, let us see what this wild mage can do.

Yet, somewhere inside Vladimir's head, a single thought floated back and forth in his mind. For some reason, he saw Lyolf sticking that forked twig up someone's nostrils. He wasn't sure how he felt about this Lyolf.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Lance

Then without further adieu, the mage fell once more into the depths of spell-casting. His arms seemed to move as if with a mind of their own, tracing intricate lines and symbols that would appear, albeit briefly, on the open air. And with every stroke, every gesture of his hand, the oaken twig glowed yet brighter, casting the immediate area in a pale azure light. The process continued for several moments, with the magi's gestures becoming increasingly more complex and the light increasingly bright; however, in that small frame of time, in what seemed like only a mere moment to the few guild members in attendance was an unending eternity to Lyolf.

Several more moments passed to the audience, and thus several more eternities passed for Lyolf.

Arcane lines ran through him as he cast, connecting him on an almost spiritual level with the world around him. Such was his specialty in magic-the power of the Diviner. He saw brief glimpses of trees, grass, then a road. But the connection was weak. He could gather little information about such things as his mind soared past their existence. In the first place, there was only one object that he had in mind when he cast the spell, and it was only for that object that he felt a much deeper connection and pull.

For Annia, the still-missing paladin, carried a very peculiar sword around with her, seemingly at all times. Thus, to that one object did Lyolf put all his focus. Find the sword, and he'd find the paladin... or so he figured.

After his spell was finally cast, his hands were finally lowered, and the glow all but gone from the seemingly innocuous twig. Lyolf smiled bright and, in regards to the paladin's location, spoke with full confidence:

[spoiler]
"I have no idea"
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Vladimir watched the spectacle unfold, not sure whether to be amazed at the ritual, or disturbed by the polar opposite personality that Lyolf has donned during it. It's all he had to think about while watching, after all; he was just waiting for an answer. Why did he play the part of a fool when he had such ability? Vladimir had heard that sometimes personalities could change when someone was focused, but this was extreme.

His thoughts were cut short, however, as the mage's spell was completed. It seemed that the spell was some sort of clairvoyance, and judging by the way he held himself it had to have been successf-

Quote"I have no idea."

...Well then...that was anticlimactic...why, oh why, did I put faith in a mage I just met. ESPECIALLY after he poked my face continuously.

"Ok...another other ideas on how to find Annia? If magic couldn't locate her, I'm starting to worry." He said with a slight tone of urgency. It's not like I know this town well...I can't exactly search.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_