A Curse Disguised as a Blessing

Started by Linwelin, November 13, 2013, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"People always are clutching for power" said Kryas with a slight bitter tone, "but your free from that now, and I'm glad to see it has not spoiled your out looks on things." Kryas said as he went to the closet and grabbed a new shirt and pants. Glancing at Vlad up and down he threw yet another pair of sleep wear, " Those should do for now, and I promise not to pry to much into your past I understand how it can be a touchy subject. like you said before memories are a powerful thing."

He then stripped his shirts off and threw the new pants on his bed, his back still turned reveling deep black ink tattoos that consumed the majority of his back. An intact tree with reaching roots and branches that stopped just before his shoulders and his waist. Slipping on the new shirt he turned "Oh i forgot to ask you do you mind lullabies?" he said a smirk on his face.  "I had a song in mind that might help ease you into a calmer sleep that I would like to give it a try. With my friend we had to do all manner of things even keeping her in a divine shell all night. She had a habit of sleepwalking that would then evolve into sleep battling you see. Trying to actually slay her inner demons. Almost got my head cut off a couple of times." Kryas laughed at the memory while fiddling with his necklace before sitting cross legged and grabbing his lute.

Linwelin

"You have my thanks." Vladimir says with a smile as he sets the lyre back on its rack and flops on his bed. "Ah, a BED! It's been a while since I've slept on a decent one." He rolls a bit, "And this is a decent one." Right when he rolled back over, Vladimir took the sleepwear to the face, chuckling, then getting changed himself.

Vladimir then catches sight of the tattoos on Kryas' back, "Not sure if I should ask, as we only just met, but is there a story behind your tattoos? They're quite distinct."

"Also, I don't mind a lullaby at all! Granted it feels childish to hear, but this is a special situation. If you say these songs can even prevent sleep brawls, I'll give it a shot. I don't want to cause anyone here to lack rest on my account, if possible." Vladimir flops back on the bed again, content.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Tuning it slightly and plucking lightly at the strings Kryas looked up at the question ?it?s supposed to be the tree I talked about earlier. The roots are said to be so far reaching that they link into all the plains of existence. In the place where I grew up those who leave get this tattoo to remind them where they came from and the value of bonds.?

Kryas paused for a moment ?I was probably one of the last people to get it.?He finished tuning the lute at that point.

?Anyway, lets try this song, and see how it goes I always sleep best when it?s storming out and always calms me down.? He waited a moment before he started to sing and play.

[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/v/4b0e8Ci8Gb0&autoplay=1
The end of the youth 
which departs without saying a farewell
What may possibly lie beyond this way?

Leaving behind the beloved town
The time of chasing what you long for
Will probably come to you as well

The travelers of the wind
The tower of sunset
Farewell my friends, 
bright smiles
Until the day we meet again

Sending the message on the wind
Everyone, how are you?
I embrace the dream sleeping on the pillow of nostalgia

This round to walk has become long
At the time of the return to my hometown
I'll surely be able to keep the promise we've made

The travelers of the wind
To the north, to the south
Farewell, floating clouds
Free heart
To where the tomorrow lies[/spoiler]

His voice weaves power into the words of the song. A draft of sleep began buffeting against Vlad?s senses. The winds outside begin to sweep with his voice and a storm begins to break in the city. A peaceful calming rain that was pacifying and drenching. The sound of the rain adds to Kryas? voice and makes the music influence that much stronger.

Linwelin

Ah, right, he is a bard, after all... Was all Vladimir could think to himself, as Kyras' song went on. The longing that had been in the bard's thoughts over his hometown carried into the music he had chosen. It was strong, most certainly this man had suffered as well. Yes, I am truly alone no longer.

Slowly his energy left him, his senses dulled, and he climbed into his new bed. The peaceful music brought him back to his own memories. The farm life, then the city life, then the sailing and wandering. The white noise of the conjured storm allowed him to focus more on his thoughts, visualizing them clearly. Despite all that seemed to have escaped him in life, Vladimir had truly lived fully, and experienced much. Is this condition a curse under the guise of a blessing, or a blessing disguised as a curse only while I view it as such? Does it truly depend on how I view it, or am I strictly one or the other? Am I blessed or cursed? Gods, I want to know...

And with that final thought, he began to sleep, the thoughts of the goodness in his past echoing through his dreams. There was no doubt, the terrors would not reach him this night. Though as wistful as Vladimir's original mood, Kryas' music and words assured him of that.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Kryas played the song to its eventual conclusion making sure that the power he had interlaced with the music would keep hold on the sleeping vampire. The drenching rain that had been called by his song providing a white noise and rythem meant to put pain to rest. To him rain like this meant safety a shield from all the bad things of the world. Everything and everyone still outside would eventually seek shelter. A storm like this and everything would feel brighter come morning.

Glancing again at his new roommate to makesure his breath was deep and even he set his lute gently back in it's designated spot and climbed into bed himself. He was happy to help a new friend, he always enjoyed that warm fuzzy feeling from forging new bonds.Listening to the rain as it continued to fall his mind drifted to the past and of similar nights when he and his group were once all tied together by fate. He smiled "no matter the distance or the time all of us are always together both old and new." Kryas fell into a light peaceful sleep filled with his own dreams comforted by the sound of the continuing rain

Kryas awoke the next morning just as the sun was rising and the rain was stopping. Long before most others even his roomate had awoken. Creeping to the closet for some clothes grabbing class worn and tattered rags and laying a spare set on the floor for Vlad he exited the room trying not to make a sound. Vlad would have to go out and by some new cloathes while they were around the same height and build it was hardly an idle match. Quickly lacking his way down the stairs getting changed as he went he deposited what could be salvaged in the laundry room, and headed off to the kitchen.

It had been a little while since he had baked anything remembering one of his old pastery recipes in a few minutes the room was filled with the smell of yeast, apples, sugar, and cinnamon .

Throndir

The door to Kryas' room was pounded constantly. A deep thudding sound from a large heavy-set fist. It was loud enough to wake up anyone in the room, and likewise all the other adjacent sleeping quarters. Luckily this part of the guild hall's housing was off to the side, and the residents living in this particular area were already accustomed to the louder noises both late at night and early in the morning. Not to mention the fact that the large man now "knocking" on the door had a habit of doing everything loud and obnoxious.

"Kryas! I know you're awake, you're always up early! Hurry up and open this door!" Golas said in his mighty loud voice. Though he was speaking clearly, there was a hint of worry in his usual calmer tone - which of course, only one who had known him for some time would have realized. He pounded on the door a couple of more times.

Linwelin

Vladimir was afraid. He awoke to the knocking and realized that Kryas was no longer in the room. It was the start of his first full day in the hall, where he wasn't even a full member yet. It had been one of the better rests in his life since the change, so he felt well enough, but considering the type of person it sounded like was knocking at the door, he wasn't sure the rest of the day would be so great.

He then made note of the of the clothes Kryas must have laid out for him. I can tell already this one is sneaky...

He tried to get dressed as quickly and quietly as he could, then took a deep breath and headed for the door. The clothes weren't a perfect fit, but close enough. Nothing worth complaining about. Now to take care of the this disturbance... With one more deep breath, he opened the door to look at the giant looming in the hallway. Vladimir was startled by the size of the man, and took a moment to compose himself.

"Kryas isn't here at the moment, though I'm assuming he's well since he's left some things out for me. Have you checked the rest of the hall yet, my friend?" He stated guardedly.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Kry-" Golas' mouth literally dropped as he noticed that the man before wasn't at all the bard he was looking for. Tall, with perfect features, though a bit pale, the stranger before him could be considered handsome. That was a fact that Golas didn't really much care about, but Kryas? His face turned ashen as he considered the implications of finding a male in his friend's quarters this early in the day. The large man coughed and cleared his throat.

"You're a new face. Sharp, almost sparkling. Either you've been sneaking around or you're new. Any idea where the lad's at?" He held his tongue on commenting about something else he was curious of. But if the man was that close, well... he must not be so bad.

"Buahahaha! No matter, help me look for the kid!" He slapped the stranger on the back.

Linwelin

"Sp-sparkling? That's a new one..." Vladimir said, a little taken back by the strange comment. "I'm Kryas' new roommate, or so it's been insisted. I just came in last night. My name is Vladimir." He was not sure what to make of the new character, but from what he'd experienced so far in this guild, it wasn't the last time that a new, odd character would appear before him. And learning his lesson, he just decided to go with the flow.

He couldn't quite shake the feeling the man wanted to ask something else, though, but was too tired and timid to press on the matter. At that thought he grimaced and cough as the giant slapped his back in a "friendly" manner. Soon after recovering from the shock, Vladimir responded to the laughing offer, "Sure, I'll help you search. No doubt he's up to some sort of mischief, that silver-tongued bard."

He quickly gathered what little he needed to, and stepped out of the room to stand with the giant, closing the door behind him. The beginning of the walk with the newcomer was silent, and a little awkward, so in desperation Vladimir asked something simple, trying to strike up conversation. "What's your name?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Ah! Roommate. I thought you were- Well, nevermind!" Golas roared in laughter, though it seemed almost forced. He kept glancing back at the man however. But soon enough he stopped, normalizing his demeanor a bit more as he continued. "Vladimir eh? You can call my Golas! Strongest and handsomest among the guild!" He laughed again, though this time his mirth was more genuine unlike the first time. Golas wasn't exactly sure what to make of the new individual, he didn't know if there was some sort of re-assignment for rooms or this new kid in the guild was a recent member. Regardless, he needed to as Kryas something, and why not take along Vladimir? It'll at least confirm who he was. Golas' worries probably wasn't something to get worked up over anyways, but there was that nagging feeling that something didn't feel right. It there was anything Golas learned, it was to pay attention to those nagging feelings.

The two headed down the halls with Golas leading the way. It wasn't long until Golas caught a whiff of something sweet and baking.

"You're in luck lad! It looks like someone's baking some sweets! We'll grab a few while we search for Kryas. Can't go on searching without some food after all! Buahaha!" With that, Golas took off, leading the way to the kitchens. He was about to call off Sophie's name, after all who else but the maid baked as sweet as the smells that were coming from the kitchen? At least until he caught sight of the actual chef. A tall light skinned half-elf with forest green eyes and light brown hair; it was Kryas.

Golas grinned.

"Throwing me in for lots of surprises this morning!"

Mysticsage

?Good morning to you to Golas.? Kryas laughed as he took a fifth sheet of apple pasties out of the wood fire oven. ? I know I haven?t cooked for you all but I have my talents. I trust you both slept well?? He closed the thick metal door to the oven and closed the oxygen hatch so that the fire would burn itself out. The kitchen was thick with the smell of the freshly made sweets. Kryas looked over his work with a smirk it had been quite a long time since he had actually baked something for others and yet hear before him were multiple trays of the finished good enough to feed at least half the guild.

Looking up at the two other men he removed the apron covered in dough and flour. Ruffling his hair he removed the majority of the dust and particles that were sticking to him. ?I?m glad to see that my clothes worked for you Vlad. We?ll go shopping later to get you what you need so you don?t have to borrow my stuff every morning.?

As he moved five of the sweets on to a plate and put it in front of Golas he made another two plates with only two each for himself and Vlad. ?So what can I do for you both, I assume it wasn?t only breakfast that led you looking for me??

Throndir

At that, Golas pulled up a nearby chair and sat on it. With one hand he grabbed one of the pastries, his gigantic hand was surprisingly gentle as he stuffed the food in his mouth. He munched on the morsel for a few seconds, and ended with a resounding gulp as he swallowed the food. He breathed in deeply before he continued.

"It's Annia. She was supposed to wake me up early today for some sparring. Now now, I know what you're thinking, maybe she just slept in! I do it all the time after all. But I've never seen her say something and not do it. Something about her code or whatever! We spar in the mornings every so often, and she usually makes it a point to do it very early in the day. She may have just been busy or got held up, but something's bothering me... You didn't happen to see her this morning did you?"

Linwelin

Vladimir was please at the sight, and especially the smell, of what was in the kitchen. To find his new friend, which was his key to NOT seem suspicious to the giant next to him, and an abundance of pastries may as well be called a perfect start to his morning.

With a smile Vladimir responded, "Yes, I slept soundly, thank you! And the clothes are much appreciated. My old rags needed more repair than they were worth, so I'm glad to have something more stable. I'll be taking you up on that offer to visit a tailor or merchant! Though admittedly I don't have much in the way of money..." He turned a little sheepish as he trailed off his sentence, realizing he really was broke, and felt a bit ashamed to ask more of his new friends like this. Well, we'll discuss it later, of course, no need to worry...right?...Right. He thought to himself.

Vladimir listened to Golas speak as he picked up a pastry himself, taking his time to enjoy the freshly cooked morsel. However, worry grew in him the more Golas said. Vladimir had not known Annia for even a day, but from what he knew, this news did make him uncomfortable. One such as her would take her word very seriously, or at the very least let Golas know somehow if she could not meet. Something was definitely wrong, but as a newcomer, Vladimir couldn't possibly know what. All he could do was wait for Kryas' reply, hoping he knew something about her disappearance.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Kryas chewed lightly into one of his pastries and listened to what Golas had to say. He frowned when je got to the part about Annia, ?She was not the type to just go off and break he promises.? Kryas watched Vlad out of the corner of his eye while he looked up at Golas.

?She can?t have gotten herself in to much trouble over the course of one night, she can take care of herself. She probably couldn?t sleep and went patrolling all night. I kept Vlad here up playing my music all night. Sorry about that."? He winked in Vlad?s direction so that Golas would purposefully notice then continued, ?All the same I would feel better seeing that she?s doing okay not just believing it.?

Finishing the pastry and licking his fingers, ?I have an idea on how to figure out where its gone the only thing I need is a piece of paper from my room and one of the guild?s carrier pigeons. Then we can kill to birds with one stone.? He smirked mischievously. ?But you?ll owe me Golas no arguments and you?ll have to come with us today and help out.?

He did not wait for either to protest before he was gone and then a few minutes later, was back with paper and an inkwell. Grabbing a quill out of his pocket he scrawled down a note then poured something from a vial on the edge of the paper then rolled it up and tied it too the pigeon?s leg. Going over to the window he brown the bird close and whispered something to it then released it out the window.

?Soon we?ll have an army of people looking for her I know a few people who owe me.?
?Well then I think we should check out her room before we go anywhere else don?t you guys??

The note-

[spoiler]Kryas writes a note to the head of one of the thieves guild leaders in the city who controlled and regulated the largest number of the upper class back room establishments in the city.

?Dear Rosa,

I have a favor to ask of you. One of our guild members has gone missing over night ns I was hoping you could use your network to help locate her. I would of course owe you one and I thought since we have become such friends after the time we meet at the rosewater club and I helped you out with that altercation with that noble family I knew I could turn to you for help. Thank you in advance for any information in advance, and I promise to pay your kindness back within reason of course.

Your Friend Always,
Kryas
[/spoiler]

Throndir

"I hope that bird knows what its doing! And of course I'll come, need to make sure the missy's alright." The large man continued eating the morsels of pastries that was offered to him, and it didn't take long for Golas to completely devour all five pastries. As Kryas talked, Golas was almost lost in the fluffy, creamy, and apple-ness of the turnover.

?Well then I think we should check out her room before we go anywhere else don?t you guys??

Golas was just licking his fingers clean as he grabbed a nearby tissue, nodding in agreement to Kryas' statement. Perhaps Annia really did just sleep in, at the very least when Golas woke up realizing that it was past early morning, the first thing he did was look for Kryas. He lamented the fact that he should have went straight to her room first, but the large man thought nothing more of it, Kryas was always right next door, and there were many times that Golas left some of the problem-solving to his bard friend, especially if it didn't require any sort of muscle.

"Hey Kryas, not to interrupt but you still have some extra ones right?" Golas asked motioning towards his now empty plate. "It's not meat, but it's not bad either!"